ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know any other songs?

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Songs goal was awesome, and showed a lot of hard work... very disappointed by what he has done with his hair though. He looks silly.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow, Arsenal... well done. I loved the 27 quick passes or however many it was.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    :(

*Sigh*

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Lol I'm Facebook friends with Marcos Flores now.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Damn you, Bob. Damn you.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh god even his status updates are awesome.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Some pics from the Arsenal Vs Bolton game over the weekend. I was lucky enough to get a ticket right behind the away bench.
    arsenal1.jpg
    arsenal2.jpg
    arsenal3.jpg
    arsenal4.jpg

Mc zany on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "Crouchie's 'avin 'is na-choez"

Spurs 2-0 Werder

Arikado on
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    so, for mls news mo johnston and preki are out! Suprised they fired preki so fast in only his first season. Curious as to what they do.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    "Crouchie's 'avin 'is na-choez"

Spurs 2-0 Werder

haha nice one Spurs

Throwing away a 2-0 lead

Cristo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Surprising absolutely no one this was named round six's goal of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd3BTv9EiDs

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Wow, Valencia out for the rest of the season...

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wait, what?!

An injury ruining someone's entire season - and it's not an Arsenal player?! What is this, Bizarro world?

Cristo on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That was not the Sounders best night. Guess we can really phone it in for our last few CCL games, though.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Spurs. I can live with that.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tards v Sheepshaggers about to start.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2010
    What? Now? Why now?

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Dunno, there's a bunch of midweek games this season for some reason.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If I were a spurs fan I'd be happy with last night. A point away is decent enough as long as you do the business at home, but add in that it was their group stage debut and it was pretty solid.

I for one hope they advance, get to a semi final or the final but who do they meet..... Arsenal. And then we thrash them 4-0 on the highest stage. Boo yeah. Not gonna happen though. Arsenal will get Barcelona again and we'll get schooled.

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DanWeino wrote: »
    If I were a spurs fan I'd be happy with last night. A point away is decent enough as long as you do the business at home, but add in that it was their group stage debut and it was pretty solid.

I for one hope they advance, get to a semi final or the final but who do they meet..... Arsenal. And then we thrash them 4-0 on the highest stage. Boo yeah. Not gonna happen though. Arsenal will get Barcelona again and we'll get schooled.
    Spurs played really well last night, only really made two mistakes at the back and they were punished for both of them. I'd have been really happy with that if I was a Spurs fan.

I'd also have a weird accent though so I dunno man.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well I am happy with that, i'm just generally down about our injury situation.

Also, I'd like to see a Chelsea/Tottenham semi final. :)

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I thought there'd be a bit of Arsenal love in the thread today, 4-0 currently.

Bayern can't buy a goal today, shooting like crazy though. *edit* and there it is... finally. 1-0 Bayern.

MLS news, rumors starting to come out that the roster size will be expanded to 30 for next year, with the changes to a 34 game schedule. Hopefully they raise the cap to allow for a few more decent players to be added, as opposed to 40k a year minimum salary guys.

nusu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Arsenal were beautiful to watch today.

My favourite team to watch outside of my local club.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    6 - 0 TO THE ARSENAL

6 - 0 TO THE ARSENAL

6 - 0 TO THE ARSENAL

6 - 0 TO THE ARSENAL

Cristo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING

Arikado on
  • Options
    DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll have you know we rarely do it then thank you.

In all honesty though, Arsenal are nowhere near the worst for quiet stadiums. I've only been to a couple of stadiums so most of my experience is from televised games but I always find it eerily quiet at Anfield. Sure they belt out a song at the start, but god forbid Liverpool don't score within a minute. The crowd go quiet and all you can hear is the opposing fans. If Liverpool haven't scored by half time or go behind the crowd just jeer.

Not saying emirates doesnt have its lulls. The times I've been I've always thought they need another hardcore fan area. Currently they only have one and its right next to the away fans. When they start singing it takes too long for it to spread around the stadium. If they could get another area on the opposite side full of the singing fans I think the noise levels would improve dramatically because the songs wouldnt fizzle out after a minute.

DanWeino on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shame I had to miss todays game due to moving, everything Ive read made it sound like a wonderful win.

In other news...Fifa 2011 demo is out on live!

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In other news Australian WC Center Half in jail in dubai!

AWESOME!

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    In other news Australian WC Center Half in jail in dubai!

AWESOME!

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Shame I had to miss todays game due to moving, everything Ive read made it sound like a wonderful win.

Is the passing still stupid (ping-pong twenty yard passes)? I can't get internet on my xbox right now without it being a hassle so it'd be cool to know if it's worth it for this.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    815165 wrote: »

Is the passing still stupid (ping-pong twenty yard passes)? I can't get internet on my xbox right now without it being a hassle so it'd be cool to know if it's worth it for this.

The 20 plus yard chained passes seem to be gone. You can ping pong ish if the players are near each other, but even then the over all speed seems to have been brought down a bit. As an example, you cant just hold sprint with walcott and beat everyone. Everything seems to have a weight to it. Reminds me of pro evo in a way.

Fighting for the ball seems a little odd. At times it felt really life like then at other times almost automated. The CPU (on expert) is odd. It seems like they wanted to make it feel like you were playing a human control player but due to this, it can sometimes feel like you are not playing authentic football and instead maybe like, hockey or something. Its strange.

Overall I am enjoying the demo so far, I need to through some more time into it. I felt the same way for the fifa 10 demo in that I was kinda unsettled by it at first but when I picked up the game and dove into it, I ended up loving it.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hey cool man. Thanks. :^:

815165 on
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I downloaded the PES & FIFA demos for PC, and the FIFA demo for the PS3, playing a handful of games in each version. Some quick knee-jerk impressions (I should note that I'm not very good at the games to begin with, usually play on the 3rd difficulty setting for both):

FIFA PC: It's a straight port of FIFA 10 for PS3. I don't notice any differences at all between the two. Looks prettier on my system, but that's about it.

FIFA PS3: Players feel much more present on the pitch. As projectmayhem says, there's a weight to everything. The passing system feels much more natural. The tempo seems to be scaled back a bit, leading to more build up play and quick counter attacks rather than a basketball game on a soccer pitch. Be a Goalkeeper (in Arena mode) seems like it'll be an interesting experience. I'm terrible at it, but it should be fun. This is the one I'll end up buying.

PES PC: Maybe I'm too used to FIFA 10, as I used to be a PES devotee, but it seems, well, bad. Passes and shots don't go where you expect them to, even as skilled players like Xavi and Messi. CPU defense is harder to break down than FIFA, but your defenders are completely useless. They won't even intercept passes without your direct intervention. Like previous PES versions, the CPU always seems to win headers, no matter the matchup, leading to many cheap headed goals on long crosses. Players react to the ball in a completely off kilter way. For example, there was a save resulting in a loose ball at the right side of Bayern's penalty area. CPU Messi completely ignored it, even though he was 3 yards away. CPU Villa, from the left side of the box, went offsides to sprint in a straight line to the ball. By the time I was able to switch to Messi and move him in the direction of the ball, Villa had already touched the ball and was called offsides.

Master League + the PC modding community has been the main reason I buy PES each year, but if the game engine is as bad as it initially seems after a few games, I won't be getting it at all.

TheScruple on
    All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    One thing that is really cool about it is that when you have the ball with like, Messi or Cesc, you know you are controlling a player with talent. Moving the ball around with Denilson felt alright, but when Cesc got a hold of it, it was like my hands already knew that I would be able to do more.

However as someone who plays a lot with the MLS sides, I am worried with the fun will be sucked out considering MLS players dont really go any higher than mid 70s.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    yotesyotes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you have the ball with like, Messi or Cesc, you know you are controlling a player with talent. Moving the ball around with Denilson felt alright, but when Cesc got a hold of it, it was like my hands already knew that I would be able to do more.

Straight outta my World Cup slash fic.

yotes on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Player size is more present as well. Arshavin and messi actually look tiny and quick to where people like Drogba have a good size about them.

After a few more plays I thick they really need to tone down the physical fighting for the ball. Seems an odd mix of realistic and overly fake.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yea a few things I noticed with the demo
    Loving the new celebrations (I was doing a celebration with Drogba, Lampard tried to go on his shoulders but he missed and face planted then Drogba helped pick him up off the ground)
    The animations are definately looking alot better, one of the goals I scored was a tap-in from about 10yds but it was struck with an outside of the left foot volley, which I don't remember ever having seen before
    The passing is definately alot better, much harder to string together a bunch of passes

I'm loving the way the through balls work now though, if you're in the center part of the pitch and play a through ball to the corner, instead of just doing a diagonal ball, they play a curled through ball along the side. Much more effective and I noticed all this in just one game

Bring on the end of the month wooo

Hitsuraptor on