Options

Legend of the Five Rings - [Phalla] in the Emerald Empire - Mantis Win!

• Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    What character would that be? Bloodspeaker?

Megatin on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Clearly everybody on the bandwagon is the real mafia

Phyphor on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    once all the bloodspeakers are dead does this turn into a faction game?

M.D. on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    No Phyphor, you are the mafias.

simulacrum on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    From the OP:
    Victory will only be had once all Bloodspeakers have been killed and one clans secondary objective has been completed.

Megatin on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    simulacrum wrote: »
    This just blew my mind.

Locus on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All of them.

cheez on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Red Shirt 101Red Shirt 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but my tertiary objective involves a specific family of a clan. In the beginning Loserforhirex let us know the IC name of the players that died in addition to their clan. Now he just tells us their clan and role. I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Can we know the IC names of the samurai that have fallen so we can check progress on our tertiary objective?

Red Shirt 101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    From the OP:
    Victory will only be had once all Bloodspeakers have been killed and one clans secondary objective has been completed.

Given that eliminating Bloodspeakers is given top billing, I think of it as everybody in the village winning, but some of them win twice. Or three times.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    simulacrum wrote: »

Woah

Phyphor on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but my tertiary objective involves a specific family of a clan. In the beginning Loserforhirex let us know the IC name of the players that died in addition to their clan. Now he just tells us their clan and role. I guess what I'm trying to say is...

Can we know the IC names of the samurai that have fallen so we can check progress on our tertiary objective?

I've updated the player list with all names.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I've updated the player list with all names.

Thank you oh most glorious Emperor

Red Shirt 101 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That's a lot of deaths for day 5!

*duck*

cheez on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Last minute shenanigans!

!vote Farangu

Locus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh snap!

cheez on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wonder who'll die~

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shenanigans?

Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu
    Farangu

Megatin on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Megatin you are so getting spaced

Wait wrong game

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Look at Megatin, thinks he's all shifty with his late vote switching. Too bad he was too late.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    All testimony has been received, narration will be up within the half hour.

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Did someone say shenanigans? Crap I missed them!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You can do it anyways

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Day 8 – The Corrupted Mantis

Tsuruchi Farangu was executed. The entire time he spoke of little other than the hell that would await all of those who opposed him. While everyone seemed relieved at his death, others wondered if he was not in fact correct.

Kuni Hayato walked through the increasingly filthy streets. He was hunting for someone. Beside him strode a very quiet Phoenix. He had tried to convince the woman, days ago, to leave him be. But there she was, every day. The Phoenix was there no matter how early in the morning Hayato awoke, and followed him without a word through the whole day. He had tried talking to her, and the demure little woman was polite, but he could tell that the conversation was not receiving any attention. The Phoenix was always staring at every open window, every empty doorway. Hayato imagined that the Phoenix could see dangers that had not even materialized yet.
    The next thing that Hayato heard was a bloodcurdling scream, coming from his own mouth. His limbs seized in pain as he fell to the ground. His mouth was wide, bellowing out his rage. The Phoenix said nothing, but his sword was out in an instant, and not a moment too early. There was a distinct clang of steel on steel as Hayato rolled around on the ground.

Shiba Ami blocked out the screaming. There was nothing but his opponent. Attacks came without ceasing, but Ami countered the barrage by emptying her mind of all thought. The void was peaceful and cold. Nestled within it, Ami could see the motions of her adversary just before they were made. The flash of her opponents weapon, the shifting of weight. Left side. Ami turned her weapon to deflect the blow harmlessly. There was an unrestrained ferocity to her would be killer that spoke volumes. A mad blood lust seemed dominant. But such madness always fell before a patient and measured defense. With enough time, either her attacker would tire, or someone would hear. Either way, the day would be won. Some samurai would balk at Ami's casual attitude towards slaying her enemy. But what of a day with no death? Could today not be a day where no one need die? Death only served the enemies of the Empire. Besides, a true yojimbo would never endanger their charge simply so they could deliver a death stroke.
    Time seemed to slip by slowly for Ami. She could feel sweat on her brow, and her arms beginning to tire. However, her enemy was slowing down as well. What began as a barrage hoping to overpower her guard was now a sly attacking searing for a weak spot in a stone wall. Ami had not left a weak spot today though, and her attacker's frustration was on her face. Only a little while longer. Ami could hear a cry of alarm from nearby. So could her attacker. Surprised, her opponent delivered another blow and fled. Ami stood her ground, not wishing to risk her already injured charge with a moment of childish pride. When her attacker was well and truly gone, Ami sheathed her sword and helped the ailing Kuni to his feet. The Kuni seemed not to be in such intense pain any longer, but such an experience would undoubtedly lead to lingering effects. She tried to convince the Kuni to retire, but he would have none of it.

The day was not yet over.

Blasphemy was taking place in Toshi Ranbo. Beyond simply the use of Maho. Beyond the filthy bloodspeakers. A much more subtle form of blasphemy. There was a man, some had reported, an eloquent devil who came to some and spoke of honor. But he spoke of the lie of honor, of the failing of Bushido. He offered a different road, one forged of strength and will. From what Seppun Kita had been lead to believe, some had even taken this offer. The thought sickened him, how someone could throw away their loyalty to the Empire for personal glory. How someone could forsake their soul for power. It did not surprise him though. The Great Clans knew less of service than the Seppun did. The Seppun had served the Emperor personally for more than a thousand years. In that time, few Seppun had been noticed. The family was largely beneath the notice of the Great Clans in general. The Seppun bore such attitudes with honor. They knew that a higher purpose than their own glory and power kept them sustained. While the Scorpion had murdered an Emperor, the Crane pretended to be an Emperor, and the Crab had turned on the Empire, the Seppun never wavered. While the Unicorn attempted to seize control of the Throne, the Seppun never wavered. That corruption had snuck its filthy way into the hearts of the Great Clans was not surprising.
    He found the man that he was looking for in a tea house in a poorer district. Here, the man openly wore his allegiance, with the mon of a spider proudly displayed on his kimono. He sat with a rather plain looking geisha and a warm container of sake. The owner of this place had asked Kita for his sword, as was customary. It was best not to have drunk samurai with ready access to weapons. Kita refused though, and passed the man by. Kita drew his sword and faced the unarmed man before him. The rest of the patrons held their breath, a peasant next to him dropping his load of linens and putting his face on the ground.
    “You, criminal. I know what you are, and I have come to end your poison.”
    The man in front of him laughed lightly. “Poison? Because I have offered your fellows exactly what they have always wanted? A legitimate path. A true path. A path that does not deny their natures, that does not control them. You are angry because you have lost control over them, and nothing more.
    “Enough! Do not try to poison me as well with your lies. I know who your master is, the blasphemous Daigotsu. Prepare to die.”
    The unarmed man simply looked at Kita. “Then slay me, slay me and prove that you are nothing more..” With a cry, Kita launched himself forward, burying his sword in the man's chest.

The next day, the bodies of Seppun Ieshige and Bayushi Okkiku were found. It appeared as though they had killed each other, as both bore sword wounds. A few were suspicious though, as Okkiku was not known to be skilled with a blade.

A funeral was held for Doji Hoshiko. Her husband was in attendance. Consolation was given, and it was well noted that the man did not crack once during the entire affair. Whispers began about his true love for his wife, and the honor with which he would hold her memory.

Now that the Seppun themselves are being killed by the plight of Toshi Ranbo, their own competence has been called into question on numerous occasions.

One more victim has been claimed by the plague, a Lion.

The Dead

Farangu – Tsuruchi Tetsuo, Mantic Clan Archer

Svenska – Daigotsu Itsuka, Spider Clan Courtier

Paranoia833 – Bayushi Okkiku, Scorpion Clan Courtier

Locus – Seppun Ieshige, Seppun Guardsman

Phyphor – Akodo Shuko, Lion Clan Bushi

Day Eight has Begun!

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

ooooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooo

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I believe Svenska lied straight to my face.

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Six Bloodspeakers down. Just Lion and Scorpion to go now.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There are three Lions and two Scorpions alive.

Must suck to be that one innocent Scorpion.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    we know who the scorpion bloodspeaker is and once a seer gets back with me we'll know the lion as well

M.D. on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    OooOOOoooOo

Not surprising.

OooOOooOOoo

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I feel bad for em, they had it rough

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll feel bad for them when the game's over. Shall we get this bandwagon a-rollin'?

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    we're debatin a few things at the moment

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm debating your face.

cheez on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not afraid to vote for Simulacrum

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Cons: Looks like a lemur

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cheez wrote: »
    Cons: Looks like a lemur

Winged lemur to be precise.

And since we're waiting for the bandwagon to start, I'm going to vote Kias. I'm not sure if Mr. D's network still knows little about him (post #1370), but just in case that's where my votes going for the moment.

Red Shirt 101 on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Mr. Defecation has pretty eyes but his body leaves something to be desired. 8 out of 10 on face, 5 on body.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I might not be around later, so I want to get a vote in just in case. Kias it is for now.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    abotkin, for his trademark mafia post ^

Shushnik on