As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D&D&D] I poke them, you chop them. That's teamwork. (IC)

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    A swarm of insects appears from seemingly nowhere and gathers around Adrian like a cloud. He springs into action.
    Initiative: 1d20+0 18

guess I'll go to... A1

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "Well, its not a pub, but it will do for now."

Solleb readies his greataxe and moves forward towards the reflections.
    Initiative: 1d20+0 17

I'll move to C3.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    "KOOOORD!" cries Arian as he readies his morning star.
    And apparently gets distracted by a shiny thing:

Initiative Roll = 1 (1d20)

Balls.

C4

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ludious growls in his throat and raises his warhammer in the air. "These abominations will die here!"
    And is apparently distracted by Arian and his shiny thing...
    Initiative: 1d20+0 7

D4

Ludious on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Requine laughs throatily, pulling out her shield and sword.

"Finally! Send out the faces so I can smash 'em!"
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/20721
    Initiative: 9

Moving to D3

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pieter doesn't speak, merely drawing his rapier and shifting his footing. His expression goes blank.
    Initiative: 1d20+3 13 C1

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The various twisted reflections finish emerging through their warped portals and advance on the party.

Map:
    sni39l.jpg
    Eddy, you picked and illegal spot so I just picked one for you.
    Order:
    1. Adrian 28/28 HP
    2. Solleb 31/31 HP
    3. Pieter 26/26 HP
    4. Requine 29/29 HP
    5. Ludious 25/25 HP
    6. Twisted Reflections
    7. Arian 23/23 HP

Twisted Reflections:
    Twisted Solleb- HP 24/24, 16 AC, 14 Fort, 8 Ref, 9 Will
    Twisted Requine- HP 22/22, 18 AC, 17 Fort, 12 Ref, 10 Will
    Twisted Ludious- HP 18/18, 16 AC, 14 Fort, 9 Ref, 11 Will
    Twisted Arian- HP 19/19, 15 AC, 9 Fort, 8 Ref, 14 Will
    Twisted Adrian- HP 24/24, 15 AC, 13 Fort, 11 Ref, 15 Will
    Twisted Pieter- HP 22/22, 14 AC, 10 Fort, 13 Ref, 12 Will

Winky on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Dumb Question, but twisted Pieter is A2?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So so we have a general plan of attack or shall we swing wildly in hopes of winning?

Also I may ask lots of stupid questions since I have never actually played D&D before. But I will try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Corbius wrote: »
    So so we have a general plan of attack or shall we swing wildly in hopes of winning?

Also I may ask lots of stupid questions since I have never actually played D&D before. But I will try to keep the dumb questions to a minimum
    Positioning ourselves for combat advantage as much as possible is a good basic idea. (CA is basically two characters flanking an NPC)

Since we don't really have much in the damage output area, I would suggest taking out the ghost cleric quickly

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Chanus wrote: »

Positioning ourselves for combat advantage as much as possible is a good basic idea. (CA is basically two characters flanking an NPC)

Since we don't really have much in the damage output area, I would suggest taking out the ghost cleric quickly
    I endorse the plan where we quickly murder an evil version of you.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I think I can burst down my image. I'm going to give that a shot since it will free me up to flank.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I think I can burst down my image. I'm going to give that a shot since it will free me up to flank.
    Yeah, use your sneak attack to beat the shit out of yourself! We can probably split focus a little, get one of the fighters with you on the rogue (to keep you from getting hit, hopefully, and maybe also keep you in CA) while the rest of us get the ghost cleric?

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You want me to come in and chop chop on your mirror image some then Thom since my turn is right after yours?

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Yeah, use your sneak attack to beat the shit out of yourself! We can probably split focus a little, get one of the fighters with you on the rogue (to keep you from getting hit, hopefully, and maybe also keep you in CA) while the rest of us get the ghost cleric?
    Eh, he's most likely a non-caster, worst case is that I can go one round with him if I have to.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Eh, he's most likely a non-caster, worst case is that I can go one round with him if I have to.
    I was assuming they were all doppelgangers of us... I just figure with two of you on him, if it takes more than one round to kill him, you could stay in Combat Advantage and use your sneak attack damage every time you hit.

Edit:
    That would be grand, Corb

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I enjoy planning attacks, but this page is entirely spoilers. This is gonna be confusing as hell at some point.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You guys can post OOC conversation in the OOC thread :P

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll try and set up the ghosty rogue for smacking

The swarm of insects begins fanning its wings in unison, creating an icy blast of wind which Adrian directs towards the twisted form of Pieter.
    I'll move to B1 and use Icy Blast on twisted Pieter.
    Chill Wind vs Fortitude: 1d20+5 9 1d6+1 7

miss! I'll use a minor action to shift into beast form.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'll go smack the fake cleric.

Solleb moves forward and then brings his greataxe crashing down on the twisted image of Arian.
    Reaping Strike vs AC: 1d20+8 21 1d12+7 15

Hit!
    Now unless I am stupid that is 19 damage correct? 15 and +4 from strength mod.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pieter uses the confusion to slip around the statue and get into position.
    I move to B3, going the long way to avoid provoking the OA.

His rapier begins a dazzling series of series of movements, various feints dipping in to take the measure of his magical foe before he slices in with a rapid series of cuts. The final cuts open up the doppelganger's Femoral vein in it's legs.
    Precise Incision vs Reflex: 1d20+7 24 3d8+4 19 2d6 4 And I'm pretty sure that's a kill.

Edit:
    He turns to the cleric and in an even voice says, "You're next."
    Using an action point for a standard action. Vicious Mockery vs Will: 1d20+4 13 1d6+4 7 It looks like the Cleric saves.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    [strike]That was totally out of turn.[/strike]

Chanus on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I move to B4.

Requine strides towards the ghost cleric, an enormous grin on her face. Lifting her shield and sword, she cuts an intimidating figure as she moves forward with no hesitation.
    I use Tide of Iron, an at-will on ghost-Arian
    1d20+9: 17 [1d20=8]
    1d8+5: 8 [1d8=3]
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/20889

I do not push ghost-Arian.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I move to D5.

Ludious raises his warhammer and steps toward the twisted, ghostly visage of Requine.
    I use Radiant Smite, an Encounter move, on Requine.
    Radiant Smite vs AC: 1d20+8 15 2d10+8 23

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As the twisted reflections are struck down, they collapse to the ground in a heap of shattered mirror shards. Some seconds pass, and then suddenly the shards shoot off across the ground. They bob and weave along walls and over the scuffling feet of the combatants, before they arrive at those of Pieter and Arian. Without any time to react, the shards crawl up their legs and begin coating their bodies. Before long, and despite their struggling, they are quickly encapsulated by the shards, which reform around their bodies as a smooth, reflective shell. Pieter and Arian are frozen into the poses held by each of their statues. Both of their statues begin to glow a new red hue in addition to their blue glowing bases.
    Sorry about that, Chanus :P. Save ends.

The broken image of Requine reflects her enormous grin, though contorted into an even more sinister, malicious expression, as she shifts between the statue of Adrian and the wall and makes a wide swing towards Ludious. Her bent blade passes just over the base of the statue and strikes Solleb as it falls.
    Targeting Ludious
    At-Will: Cleave: 1d20+7: 22 [1d20=15]
    1d8+4: 11 [1d8=7]
    Ludious takes 11 damage, Solleb takes 4 damage.

The reflection of Adrian runs forward and summons a cloud of reflective shards in the shape of insects. They bear down on Ludious and Solleb with a barrage of stings and bites.
    Targeting C4
    Encounter: Stinging Cloud: 1d20+3: 13 [1d20=10]
    1d10+4: 9 [1d10=5]
    Ludious takes 9 damage, Solleb takes 9 damage.

Ending turn in the cloud causes you to take 4 poison damage.

The reflections of Solleb and Ludious push forward, but they twitch and falter.

Map:
    2gv5ukw.jpg
    Green is Stinging Cloud.
    Order:
    1. Adrian 28/28 HP
    2. Solleb 18/31 HP
    3. Pieter 26/26 HP, Mirror Trapped Save Ends.
    4. Requine 29/29 HP
    5. Ludious 5/25 HP
    6. Twisted Reflections
    7. Arian 23/23 HP, Mirror Trapped Save Ends.

Twisted Reflections:
    Twisted Requine- HP 22/22, 18 AC, 17 Fort, 12 Ref, 10 Will
    Twisted Ludious- HP 18/18, 16 AC, 14 Fort, 9 Ref, 11 Will
    Twisted Adrian- HP 24/24, 15 AC, 13 Fort, 11 Ref, 15 Will

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    A voice seems to emanate from the surging mass of insects that used to be Adrian.

"How dare you use my powers." Adrian snarls. "Do you know what they have cost me? You will pay the price."

The swarm surges forward towards the shade of Ludious, and explodes into a cloud of locusts.

move to 4E

at-will

Swarming Locusts vs Reflex: 1d20+5 14 1d8+5 6

ludious and adrian shades take 6 damage

3x3 area F3 H3 H5 F5 are now the corners of a locust zone, enemies inside grant combat advantage. Zone persists until the end of my next turn.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Solleb takes a moment to focus and regain his strength, mumbling something quickly under his breath.

Refreshed, he quickly grabs a small shining stone from his pack and runs it along the edges of his axe.

He then pushes his way through the swarm of glass shards, eyes fixed on the twisted image of Adrian.

His eyes do not lose contact with the false image as he brings his axe across in a great arc, smashing the glass Adrian into thousands of pieces.

"I hate insects. Even fake ones."

Minor action: use Augmenting Whetstone on my greataxe. +2 to damage and attack until end of encounter.

Free action: Use my armor's power to use second wind and regain 7 hp plus Dwarven Vigor heal: 1d6 5
    So 12 hp regain.

Move to E4 and use my daily power Comeback Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 24 2d12+9 26

Regain 7 more HP from comeback strike.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So I move to E3 instead of E4

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Arian shatters the shell surrounding him, shards scattering and shimmering all around.
    Saving Throw Roll (1d20 = 20). Bazinga.

Feels like a waste of a crit, but I'll take it

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Saving Throw: 1d20 11 What am I making the save against?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a roar, Requine moves forward to meet her reflection (B6). For the first time, she seems a bit uneasy as she raised her weapon to clash against her ghostly twin.

"Whatever," Requine scoffs. "I'm the toughest broad around, and you're just a wizard trick. This is going to be cake."
    Requine places a Combat Challenge on her ghost. This is a Mark. If Ghost-Requine attacks any other target, even with cleave, Requine gets a free melee basic attack.

Requine uses Footwork Lure. Requine moves back into A6, Ghost-Requine is pulled into B6.

1d20+9: 16 [1d20=7]
    1d8+5: 10 [1d8=5]
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/20968

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Ludious spits blood from his mouth, twirls his warhammer once, and roars, before grabbing a healing potion from his belt and pouring it down his throat and tossing the bottle aside. He shifts in front of the ghostly visage of Requine and swings his warhammer....
    minor action: Quaff healing potion to regain 10 hp (I think)
    Shift to D6
    Paladin's Judgment vs AC: 1d20+8 27 3d10+6 23
    Anyone within 5 squares of me can also spend a healing surge

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The shards from the shattered reflections burst forth and entrap Requine and Adrian.

Meanwhile, the twisted reflection of Ludious shifts to his left and then let's out a wide spray of dragon fire from his mouth.
    Twisted Ludious
    Shift to F4

Target 3x3 square encompassing C4 to E6 (Arian, Ludious, Solleb)
    Encounter: Dragon's Breath: 1d20+5: 22 [1d20=17]
    1d20+5: 7 [1d20=2]
    1d20+5: 8 [1d20=3]
    1d6-1: 4 [1d6=5]
    Arian takes 4 damage

The recreation of Solleb moves forward and attempts to sweep his blade under the legs of Ludious, but is unable to penetrate his strong defenses.
    Move to E6

Target Ludious
    Encounter: Spinning Sweep: 1d20+6: 15 [1d20=9]
    1d12+6: 15 [1d12=9]

Map:
    2yn2ano.jpg
    Attacks against those standing in the blue area have combat advantage until after Adrian's turn.
    Order:
    1. Adrian 28/28 HP, Mirror Trapped Save Ends.
    2. Solleb 31/31 HP (10 surges left) Augmenting Whetstone +2 atk and dmg
    3. Pieter 26/26 HP
    4. Requine 29/29 HP, Mirror Trapped Save Ends.
    5. Ludious 15/25 HP (9 surges left)
    6. Twisted Reflections
    7. Arian 19/23 HP

Twisted Reflections:
    Twisted Ludious- HP 12/18, 16 AC, 14 Fort, 9 Ref, 11 Will

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a cry to Kord, a burst of energy flows out from Arian and focuses on Ludious, mending his wounds.
    Minor Action:Healing Word: Ludious uses one healing surge + 1d6 = 5 hps

He then turns and blasts forth the wrath of Kord, reveling in the shrieks of his twisted foes.
    Divine Glow: Close blast 3 aimed D4-F4, D4-D6, hitting both reflections.

Divine Glow vs Reflex (Twisted Solleb): 1d20+4 13 1d8+4 11

Divine Glow vs Reflex (Twisted Ludious): 1d20+4 24 1d8+4 12 (Roll on the d8 is 1 on the link, but it's a crit, so max damage)

Confers a +2 power bonus to allies' attack rolls (Ludious, Solleb) of those in the blast until the end of my next turn.

"Kord revels in the glory of this battle!" he cries.

Chanus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Adrian attempts to shrug off the trap - there are muffled noises and hums from underneath the perfect mirrored shell, but it doesn't crack
    1d20+0: 2 [1d20=2] saving throwing failed!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Shift to E5.

Solleb shifts focus to the twisted image of himself.

He moves quickly towards him, sweeping his axe low and catching the mirror creature on the leg, knocking him prone.
    Target is Twisted Solleb

Spinning Sweep vs AC: 1d20+12 27 1d12+9 11

Hit, target is prone.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pieter dashes towards the prone figure, figuring to strike before someone develops a fatal sense of honor.
    Moves to D5

A quick thrust to the prone Solleb's throat finishes the mirror image off.
    Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+9 26 1d8+4 5 2d6 6

+2 to attack from CA. CA allows me to deal sneak attack damage. For 11 total damage.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Satisfied with the death of her clone, Requine surges forward like a force of nature.
    move to E5

She aims her blade at the throat of the mirrored dragon, hacking wildly.
    http://4e.orokos.com/roll/21037
    Critical hit!
    Automatic 12 damage

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, Cass, you're encased in mirror :P. Gotta save.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Sorry, Cass, you're encased in mirror :P. Gotta save.
    I think they're all dead already anyway?

I mean, she should still roll her save, but... yeah

Chanus on