As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: Hivebent - Vriska Killed Dumbledore

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nice appeal for sympathy butler

now can you please fetch me some inspirational mind honey?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sure.

(Hee hee I'm going to spit in it)

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Everyone shut the fuck up and listen to Eidolon's awesome Karkat song

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ANGRY MUSIC FOR ANGRRRRY PEOPLE!
    Took a while to figure out exactly what to do...
    Karkat
    stats.png
    Starts off military like and moves into a very grandiose and arrogant theme, sort of a reflection of his self image. Then it moves to just a sort of annoyed/frustrated mood with piano alone, reflecting his usual attitude in pesterlogs. The sweeping piano marks him becoming more engrossed in his arguments, sort of forming a blustery feel. Finally, the piece culminates with an oompa like style that reveals as he shouts and curses, now with a righteous meaning pushing him forward, he can completely overwhelms his opponent in a flurry of aggressive words.
    Something like that.

Very good.

Could use some vuvuzelas, though.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Baidol wrote: »
    Karkat
    stats.png
    Starts off military like and moves into a very grandiose and arrogant theme, sort of a reflection of his self image. Then it moves to just a sort of annoyed/frustrated mood with piano alone, reflecting his usual attitude in pesterlogs. The sweeping piano marks him becoming more engrossed in his arguments, sort of forming a blustery feel. Finally, the piece culminates with an oompa like style that reveals as he shouts and curses, now with a righteous meaning pushing him forward, he can completely overwhelms his opponent in a flurry of aggressive words.
    Something like that.

Very good.

Now that'd be a good reason to be angry all the time.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I keep wanting the imperial march horns to start playing.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Karkat
    stats.png
    Something like that.

This is wonderful~

I love how adorable and flustered the piano is.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This is real good.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    VoproSTEIN wrote: »

Very good.

Karkat was born with a rare brain disorder. Every few hours, a storm of vuvuzelas sound in his head. It's completely unpredictable, thus making him on the edge at all times.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Karkat
    stats.png
    Something like that.

These are really, really good. I want to give you money for them.

When you're done, if these don't make it onto an official album, please release them on bandcamp yourself.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Very good.

Karkat was born with a rare brain disorder. Every few hours, a storm of vuvuzelas sound in his head. It's completely unpredictable, thus making him on the edge at all times.

It seems like Karkat was one of the Trolls not born with some freakish disorder. Maybe that's why he's so pissed all the time, he's got no freakish powers going for him, just his INCREDIBLE ANGER AND DISDAIN FOR ALL OTHERS.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Very good.

It seems like Karkat was one of the Trolls not born with some freakish disorder. Maybe that's why he's so pissed all the time, he's got no freakish powers going for him, just his INCREDIBLE ANGER AND DISDAIN FOR ALL OTHERS.

Maybe anger itself is a disorder?

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Does Terezi have a freakish power she was born with? I know she's daredevil basically, but all that was taught by her lusus during sleep. The other trolls all seemed to be born with theirs or had it since a young age.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was just going through the intermission, and noticed this bit which makes it seem very hard to believe that all twelve trolls are NOT part of one single session.

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003253

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Well, again. We know for absolute fact they eventually become a single session. But right now it is pretty clear they are in two.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    And who knows what happens when sessions collide.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, again. We know for absolute fact they eventually become a single session. But right now it is pretty clear they are in two.

I do not see why, but I've been on a plane all day, so

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    they aren't in two sessions

they're just using two host/player chains as opposed to one

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Clearly you have seen something i have missed, so please enlighten me with a link to the page where this becomes very clear.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYsx_p6x9Tg

Goatmon on

• Options
    edited July 2010

I do not see why, but I've been on a plane all day, so

The biggest thing that sticks out in my mind is the two frog ruins. There may be some other things I'm not remembering. The kids session has one ruin with 4 towers on earth. Following this logic we should have two instances.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Very good.

271benstiller1499985004.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    they aren't in two sessions

they're just using two host/player chains as opposed to one

This seems like a more plausible theory.

Goatmon on

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I figure the host/player chains will connect eventually which is why it will be one session and since it eventually will connect they've been one session from the get-go.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm thinking it doesn't matter how many host/client chains there ultimately are

each planet gets one and only one version of skaia

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I can't find the pages where they explain their session, because I thought there was something about that, but the Wiki at least seems to think that while there are two player chains there is only one instance of the incisisphere.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure it's already been said tons of times before, but:

BEC CODE!

BEC CODE!

OH GOD IT'S THE BEC CODE.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think that means that Earth and Alternia will at one point be the same planet? Or the temples are important to Lord English, so they're on every planet.

Also, we've noticed that a lot of the servants of Lord English are white... what if the Black dudes are actually trying to stop the coming of Lord English, and the White dudes are working for him...

Maybe the sides we view as good and evil are totally reversed!

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Your mom becs for my code.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think that means that Earth and Alternia will at one point be the same planet? Or the temples are important to Lord English, so they're on every planet.

Also, we've noticed that a lot of the servants of Lord English are white... what if the Black dudes are actually trying to stop the coming of Lord English, and the White dudes are working for him...

Which white pieces are working for Lord English presumably? I don't remember any except for Doc Scratch and I don't think he's a white piece anyway.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Isn't it implied that there are more players from earth than just our four?

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Which white pieces are working for Lord English presumably? I don't remember any except for Doc Scratch and I don't think he's a white piece anyway.

There's also Bec. And assuming the rest of the guardians (parents/lusus etc.) that work for English (hope not but possible) then that wouldn't be too much of a leap. Maybe I'm just crazy though. It's a distinct possibility.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    But none of these people are from Prospit. Unless it's going to be a general white vs black theme.

I guess it would make sense since black wins all the time and Lord English hasn't been able to show up yet.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I don't think that's right

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    GeoMitchGeoMitch Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Lo.gifrd English

GeoMitch on
    Gamertag: GeoMtch Steam Google+
  • Options
    edited July 2010

If this is the case, it's more a matter of evil and somewhat less evil.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sal wrote: »

There's a bunch of other people playing on Earth and presumably at least some of them managed to enter the medium before the meteors hit

Wait what? There are?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It's these two pages specifically I'm referring to. The frog ruins seem strongly to represent the incipisphere itself. There are even representations of prospit and derse!
    x2lcao.gif

11bq6c9.gif

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sal wrote: »

Wait what? There are?

There should be, unless all of the fanfare associated with the beta of SBURB is restricted solely to the kids. There was an issue of that gaming magazine that covered it, right? Rose thought other people were playing it because she wrote the FAQ for it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Umaro wrote: »

Isn't it implied that there are more players from earth than just our four?

Dunno. The kids might just be under the impression that they are playing a game that was released to a large number of people.

This has long since to turned out to be a lot more than a game, so I'm doubting everything is as the kids originally suspected.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    They're definitely in the same session, it's implied that their paradox clones were all interrelated in crazy complicated ways.

Zek on
This discussion has been closed.