Options

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

• Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was "The Spectre" one of those shorts?

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It was the first one.

Am I the only one who notices how weird the brightness is on all of the shorts?

MastaP on
  • Options
    Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No, I saw it. But I do hope for more. My favorite part of these features has been the shorts, outside of Crisis itself. Best DC dvd movie to date.

Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Some small bits:

Human Target is now saved from certain cancellation, being moved from Fridays to Wednesdays. Lone Star got canceled two episodes in, and Lie to Me will take it's place on Monday, moving Human Target to the Wednesday spot it used to have when it got good ratings last year.

And No Ordinary Family debuted decently, coming in third against NCIS and Glee. It should be in a place where it can't be canned, as it's 4 million more than the Biggest Loser and only 3 million less than Glee is.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So looks like Batgirl is going to be in an episode of Brave and the Bold this season.

Link

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    wait, there was an episode with Ace in it?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yes. He was in the beginning of an episode which had Catman, and also in the first of the two part Starro Episodes.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The clip with Batgril and Killer Moth in it was from the beginning of the Doom Patrol episode.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I hope they're casting her as Gwen, I don't like it when blonde actresses dye their hair a color that's too far away from their original color. It just looks wierd, you all know who I'm talking about.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was terrible and I liked Public Enemies (and all the DC animated stuff). It seemed way to disjointed and the style was awful (what's up with the mouths?). They even managed to make Keven Conroy Batman terrible (there are only so many 'cool' lines he can say before it gets to be to much).
    Fights were pretty terrible as well. The last one was decent but a little too one sided. Either Supergirl is beating the crap out of Darkseid, or Darkseid is beating the crap out of supergirl.

What a disappointment.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dritz wrote: »
    Man Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was terrible and I liked Public Enemies (and all the DC animated stuff). It seemed way to disjointed and the style was awful (what's up with the mouths?). They even managed to make Keven Conroy Batman terrible (there are only so many 'cool' lines he can see before it gets to be to much).
    Fights were pretty terrible as well. The last one was decent but a little too one sided. Either Supergirl is beating the crap out of Darkseid, or Darkseid is beating the crap out of supergirl.

What a disappointment.

I knew something was horribly wrong when . . .
    army of Doomsdays showed up and were just so easy to kill. Hell, even no-name Amazon soldiers got a few.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I liked No Ordinary Family.

I didn't think I would, but I do. For some reason. It's the production value, I think, and the fact that it isn't the painfully embarrassing mixture of superhero clichés, camp, and sitcom I expected it to be.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was terrible and I liked Public Enemies (and all the DC animated stuff). It seemed way to disjointed and the style was awful (what's up with the mouths?). They even managed to make Keven Conroy Batman terrible (there are only so many 'cool' lines he can see before it gets to be to much).

What a disappointment.

I knew something was horribly wrong when . . .
    army of Doomsdays showed up and were just so easy to kill. Hell, even no-name Amazon soldiers got a few.

To be fair that's a problem in the original story

Furu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    After all the changes they made to Death of Superman, there's no reason they couldn't have improved upon Loeb's story as well.

Though it would have been smarter to just adapt a different story.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Supergirl is back on Smallville this season, but she gets to wear a very familiar costume:

ssep3.jpg

All that's missing is the symbol. Yet Clark still has to wear black and a coat?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    nope, clark wears this now

mhyget.jpg

(which is awful)

but they've teased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBEeGO888WY&feature=player_embedded

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That red jacket could work if they made the shoulders and the symbol a different color. It reminds me of Superboy's jacket from later in his series run.

Hope the actual Superman outfit doesn't have such a small S logo on it, like in Superman Returns. It's supposed to be like a shield covering the chest, not just a symbol to let you know "oh hey this is Superman"

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    They should have added some blue and yellow to that jacket.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2010
    someone photoshopped this

300d7p5.jpg

which is still garish but better

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't use the yellow at all, just go red background/ blue shoulders and symbol. Yellow on a jacket only works for David Puddy's 8-ball jacket.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Just admit the Superman costume is kinda stupid and put him in it. We were able to do it in the first Superman movie I'm sure we can do it now.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That red jacket could work if they made the shoulders and the symbol a different color. It reminds me of Superboy's jacket from later in his series run.

Hope the actual Superman outfit doesn't have such a small S logo on it, like in Superman Returns. It's supposed to be like a shield covering the chest, not just a symbol to let you know "oh hey this is Superman"

It is just like Superboy's jacket, that is to say, it looks terrible.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Solar wrote: »

Not the black jacket with the yellow symbol (but it was still awesome), but in the last 20 issues of Superboy's series he had a red and blue jacket he would wear sometimes. It worked a lot better with his red and blue outfit, like so:

2cmrg35.jpg

Just make the red not red but crimson, streets ahead.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Solar wrote: »

Not the black jacket with the yellow symbol (but it was still awesome), but in the last 20 issues of Superboy's series he had a red and blue jacket he would wear sometimes. It worked a lot better with his red and blue outfit, like so:

2cmrg35.jpg

Just make the red not red but crimson, streets ahead.

I guess it's better, in the same way that it's better to be shot with a 9mm pistol than it is with a Sidewinder missle, but it's still pretty poor. Really the whole Superboy look with a Jacket or T-Shirt and Jeans has always been really terrible, and such a waste. With that character you have the chance to update and modern the classic superman costume, and they make it a jacket. Come on guys! You can do better!

Solar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The t-shirt and jeans with boots and the stupid wrist strap is dumb.

That is the opposite of dumb; it can work as a costume but isn't as bad as apparently the cape and tights are to Hollywood execs. It's good with the jacket and without.

And the 90's Superboy worked for the 90's. Just like Dazzler worked for the 70's when she was imitating KISS or how the X-Men movies made the leather look work (granted the Quitley designs with the yellow made it better but still)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The t-shirt and jeans with boots and the stupid wrist strap is dumb.

That is the opposite of dumb; it can work as a costume but isn't as bad as apparently the cape and tights are to Hollywood execs. It's good with the jacket and without.

And the 90's Superboy worked for the 90's. Just like Dazzler worked for the 70's when she was imitating KISS or how the X-Men movies made the leather look work (granted the Quitley designs with the yellow made it better but still)

I guess. Designs outside the 90s usually look OK though. Most 90s designs are rather terrible.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, there was the Jim Lee Cyclops, Jean Grey and Rogue designs for X-Men #1 that are pretty iconic, moreso than Cyclops condom suit.

Even Kyle's GL suit worked as a stand out, and much better than the GL CGI vein suit that's been shown for the movie.

Basically, Hollwood ruins comic costumes 85% of the time.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, there was the Jim Lee Cyclops, Jean Grey and Rogue designs for X-Men #1 that are pretty iconic, moreso than Cyclops condom suit.

Even Kyle's GL suit worked as a stand out, and much better than the GL CGI vein suit that's been shown for the movie.

Basically, Hollwood not ruins comic costumes 85% of the time.

That's true. I like the originl 60s X-Men designs though. Djurdevic did a really nice cover of X-Men First Class (I think) and it they looked great.

Solar on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Watching the New Frontiers movie makes me want Batman to use his original costume again. It looks awesome

Langly on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I'm pretty sure it is the Superman Returns outfit, as in it's the actual one that Brandon Routh wore. Rumour has it they were also offered the use of Christopher Reeve's suit but turned it down as not fitting the Smallville universe as well as the Superman Returns one.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I was wondering about the old Lois and Clark tv show. I remember watching it with my dad when I was a kid, but I have no clue if it was any good or not. How was it compared to Smallville?

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I was wondering about the old Lois and Clark tv show. I remember watching it with my dad when I was a kid, but I have no clue if it was any good or not. How was it compared to Smallville?

Is that the one with Teri Hatcher (or whatever her name is)? I remember that show too, in a vague sense. The guy in it who played Jimmy was also the main character in the Dungeons and Dragons Movie. I always thought that was kind of funny.

Solar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    As a kid I liked the first season, and then it became too soapish and more of a Lois TV show. Teri Hatcher was a good Lois though. It was less a Lois/Clark/Superman love triangle but more Clark/Lois/Luthor.

I would recommend the Superboy syndicated TV show if you never saw it. It was a good show, and for the budget it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qyVELPyzgE

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It was worse in every single way.

But there was an episode where Howie Mandel portrayed Mxypztlk, which may or may not have been funny.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It was worse in every single way.

But there was an episode where Howie Mandel portrayed Mxypztlk, which may or may not have been funny.

If you like dumb, Lois and Clark is great. My favorite memories include an episode where a reporter outs Superman's identity, and to prove it, she does a report from Clark's closet ... where he has sweaters with the Superman logo on it. So it's irrefutable! Superman winter wear!

And to refute it, Pa Kent works a remote control that creates a laser illusion of Superman to appear next to Clark Kent, which also explains that Clark was just being a good friend and taking care of his laundry for him. I don't even think they were playing it as camp, I think they were completely serious.

Lux on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Lois and Clark was always pure camp

I loved it

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That reporter was RAQUEL WELCH

also clark's fridge was full of chocolate bars

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    LucidLucid Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was terrible and I liked Public Enemies (and all the DC animated stuff). It seemed way to disjointed and the style was awful (what's up with the mouths?). They even managed to make Keven Conroy Batman terrible (there are only so many 'cool' lines he can say before it gets to be to much).

What a disappointment.
    I stopped watching at the supergirl shopping scene.

Lucid on