Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

ATTACK OF THE THIRD DIMENSION - IN 3D!!!

15960616264

Posts

  • TurambarTurambar Avocado at law Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Give us trailers!

    Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Chris Evens has some tiny nipples.

    I'm not sure those are nipple enough to protect America.

    Bloods End on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Chris Evens has some tiny nipples.

    I'm not sure those are nipple enough to protect America.

    "We can enlarge them in post!"

    Undead Scottsman on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the shoulder pads/straps kill the suit for me

    well, I still like it but those are so bad looking

    Garlic Bread on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is the paint on Captain America's shield Vibranium too? Or does he have to constantly repaint it?

    Undead Scottsman on
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I assume it's somehow magically treated or alloyed or whatnot so that the metal itself is that color.

    durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to the International Rescue Committee, the National Immigration Law Center, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the American Civil Liberties Union. There has never been a more urgent moment to do so.
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    wwtMask wrote: »
    He also got knocked out absurdly easily in the latest episode, so it seems that his history of failure as a super hero will continue unabated.

    Altho, in his defense, this is the first Wasp I've wanted him to smack rofl

    WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like this Wasp. :(


    "...I'm going to sleep in the mansion!"

    "...But Jan, you have a penthouse apartment in the city!"

    "FIRE FIGHTERS SLEEP AT THE FIRE-HALL!"

    Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ya, the character isn't so bad, it's more that hair, it 's like a Shi'ar battle helmet and a proper hairstyle got confused in the early cell animations, and no one admitted it, so they just rolled with it.

    edit: and ya episode 8 softened me up , she wasn't much more than that hair in my face til ep 8.

    WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Matrias wrote: »
    I like this Wasp. :(


    "...I'm going to sleep in the mansion!"

    "...But Jan, you have a penthouse apartment in the city!"

    "FIRE FIGHTERS SLEEP AT THE FIRE-HALL!"

    Ugh, oh man I hate this wasp. She's like the definition of annoying. Which I guess is appropriate given her name. She needs to take a note from her 616 counterpart and blow up.

    Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

    Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Has anyone else given up on No Ordinary Family? The first two episodes started strong, and it's just kind of gone downhill since then. Chiklis really isn't the glue that holds the series together like he should be (or was presented as), the kids dealing with contrived kid stuff with the young cop who dated Veronica Mars, and establishing the antagonist a full 6 episodes before they should really start that plot, I'd rather watch a basketball game or pregame show.

    TexiKen on
    HAB3pqF.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Has anyone else given up on No Ordinary Family? The first two episodes started strong, and it's just kind of gone downhill since then. Chiklis really isn't the glue that holds the series together like he should be (or was presented as), the kids dealing with contrived kid stuff with the young cop who dated Veronica Mars, and establishing the antagonist a full 6 episodes before they should really start that plot, I'd rather watch a basketball game or pregame show.

    There were two episodes I straight up hated right before this one, but I liked this week's. It just needs to keep going in that path (the superhero/evil science one), no more stalling or episodes that are almost entirely devoted to family issues.

    When I first heard about it, I thought there was no way a superhero show with a focus naturally on sci-fi elements could work and also be a more typical family dramedy at the same time. And to be honest, it's been balancing them so much and doing both so blandly that I never changed my mind. But I'm starting to be even more sure of it.

    HadjiQuest on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Has anyone else given up on No Ordinary Family? The first two episodes started strong, and it's just kind of gone downhill since then. Chiklis really isn't the glue that holds the series together like he should be (or was presented as), the kids dealing with contrived kid stuff with the young cop who dated Veronica Mars, and establishing the antagonist a full 6 episodes before they should really start that plot, I'd rather watch a basketball game or pregame show.

    There were two episodes I straight up hated right before this one, but I liked this week's. It just needs to keep going in that path (the superhero/evil science one), no more stalling or episodes that are almost entirely devoted to family issues.

    I disagree. I like the family stuff and hate the stupid conspiracy stuff that will turn this into Heroes 2

    Why can't people just have superpowers? Why does there have to be an evil organization behind it every time?

    Garlic Bread on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    With the first episodes I was expecting the parents to kind of go fight crime with their DA buddy's help, while the kids kind of grow into their powers and can help from a distance.

    But the genetics stuff is just not worth it right now. That would be something to go with in a later season.

    If the government gets involved in this story, it's done for (that is what happened in Heroes, right?)

    TexiKen on
    HAB3pqF.png
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Has anyone else given up on No Ordinary Family? The first two episodes started strong, and it's just kind of gone downhill since then. Chiklis really isn't the glue that holds the series together like he should be (or was presented as), the kids dealing with contrived kid stuff with the young cop who dated Veronica Mars, and establishing the antagonist a full 6 episodes before they should really start that plot, I'd rather watch a basketball game or pregame show.

    There were two episodes I straight up hated right before this one, but I liked this week's. It just needs to keep going in that path (the superhero/evil science one), no more stalling or episodes that are almost entirely devoted to family issues.

    I disagree. I like the family stuff and hate the stupid conspiracy stuff that will turn this into Heroes 2

    Why can't people just have superpowers? Why does there have to be an evil organization behind it every time?

    But the family drama is so low key and it's very generic in terms of other family dramas. It tries to be two shows, and fails at each, just bringing out the old TV cliche mill with only the lightest changes to somehow work the superpowers in. And it keeps the old cliche morals, but puts them in situations that don't necessarily make sense. If the son has a "gift," then how is it cheating for him to apply that gift in various parts of his life?

    HadjiQuest on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    still think we missed out on a fantastic nic cage superman

    then again after that pantywaist chris reeve got the role over charles bronson I was done with live action superman

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is it so hard to make a movie about Superman?

    Strong boyscout that flies. It writes itself people come on!

    Caveman Paws on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why is it so hard to make a movie about Superman?

    Strong boyscout that flies. It writes itself people come on!

    The difficulty comes from writers having to be creative to have a character who is
    1. Invincible
    2. Fast enough to do just about anything
    3. Strong enough to destroy pretty much anything

    And then present him with a challege that doesn't degress into "Oh no, he's lost his powers" or "Equally powerful entity is wrecking shit, so superman has to stop them!"

    It's not impossible of course; it just takes the kind of creativity you don't find on a comicbook movie made by Hollywood.

    Undead Scottsman on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It still pisses me off when I think about what Jon Peters was trying to do to the Superman franchise in the 90s. Imagine if he had gotten his way and we would have had a Supes film where he doesn't fly. And a giant spider as the villain.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Steeeve Perry Steeeeeeve PerryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The "S" symbol in those Tim Burton costume pictures looks a lot like the Electric Superman chest emblem. I wonder which came first, the movie or the comics.

    TexiKen on
    HAB3pqF.png
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User
    edited October 2010
    It's possible they could've been designed concurrently, with the idea they'll advertise one or the other. Of course, since the movie fell through, that wouldn't have happened either way.

    Similarly, the Steel movie was supposed to be set after the then-planned Superman movie, but when it fell apart they had to make it or lose the rights or something.

    SpeedySwaf on
    Deguello wrote:
    Nintendo set up a DS buffet and all the third parties went to the PSP Diner. The Diner came down with a case of botulism and everybody wonders why Nintendo is fat when they return.
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    All-Star Superman would be a great live-action superhero film, and any complaints that it would be to high-concept can go fuck themselves. Films based on comic book characters should be highbrow once in a while, and All-Star Superman is an excellent exploration of the modern mythical status of the superhero.

    Solar on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder what Grant Morrison would have done if he was in Kevin Smith's place dealing with Jon Peters back then. Probably a lot less cordial than Smith ended up being.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spiders are the fiercest creatures in the animal kingdom! ( My tube fu evading me, but it's on the youtube somewhere)

    WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Morrison might have been open to the giant spider idea though, it's probably just weird enough for him to make it work.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thing is, Superman fighting a giant Spider is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
    Guy has a giant, glowing kryptonite gorilla as a reoccurring member of his rouges gallery.

    It's the whole "he's Frankenstein" that's the problem.
    Then again, Superman and Frankenstein fighting a giant Spider is also nothing out of the ordinary

    MastaP on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    All-Star Superman would be a great live-action superhero film, and any complaints that it would be to high-concept can go fuck themselves. Films based on comic book characters should be highbrow once in a while, and All-Star Superman is an excellent exploration of the modern mythical status of the superhero.

    man the budget/cast needed for it alone would make it not a good idea

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    it would also be confusing as all balls to the average movie goer.

    all balls.

    Angry on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    All of the balls. All of them.

    Centipede Damascus on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And yet look at films like Inception, very deep and complex and yet still highly popular. All-Star Superman is possibly one of the best studies of Superman to have happened in the history of the character, it is set in a world without deep and confusing backstory which can be explained on the spot, and more importantly it is the story of a character who nobody in the western world and very few outside could fail to recoginse.

    I ask my gran about Superman and she can tell me he is an alien from destroyed Krypton, raised by farmers. He is possibly the most universally recognised western icon of the modern times, and yet any film which is about him will simply be another superhero action flick. And while there is nothing wrong with the superhero action flick, there is so much more that could be done with the character.

    Solar on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The animated movie will be fine enough. There would be too much studio meddling for All Star to ever work; the cast is too big, the scope is too big, and a lot of the settings and events would probably alienate the average viewer if done in live action. Too much would have to be scaled back.

    HadjiQuest on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think that they don't need to make a movie of All-Star Superman, but they could make a really good Superman movie if they created something with the same general spirit and tone, even if it didn't have Solaris the Tyrant Sun.

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is the first time anything Morrison has done has been adapted, right?

    Kind of odd, given his popularity and large body of work.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    how are you going to compare a movie like inception (which wasn't confusing at all) to a ASS where the average movie goer would literally have no idea who half the cast is or why anything is happening.

    Angry on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Everyone knows who Superman, Lois Lane, Perry White and Jimmy are. The other characters would require introduction yes but no more than any other film where every character also requires introduction as well. As to why things are happening, that's what the story if for. I didn't go into All-Star Superman knowing what the plot was yet I understood it just fine.

    It could work. Yes, you're right, Inception is not confusing to anyone who pays attention, yet it is deep and complex as All-Star Superman could and should be. Essentially proving that the film would work and keep the spirit and depths of the comic if adapted properly.

    Solar on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, there's a difference between a complex plot and a bewildering setting that, in large part, assumes familiarity with characters, history, and key concepts on the part of the reading. The former is rewarding to laymen, but they generally respond to the latter by feeling that they're missing everything they need to actually enjoy the story.

    That's why non-fans prefer self-contained trades to the serialized format.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you're clearly just not thinking this through solar. inception is in no way comparable to all-star superman.

    Angry on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't see how this is so hard. All-Star Superman was perhaps the first DC comic I read, set in an alternate continuity, and I got it fine. The film even would have the advantage of being about character everybody knows about, so you don't need to explain Superman's origin, you could do it in the opening credits a la Spider-Man 2 if you wanted.

    Solar on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Angry wrote: »
    you're clearly just not thinking this through solar. inception is in no way comparable to all-star superman.

    Not in terms of plot, but in terms of complexity? Yes, it is.

    And even if it wasn't, suggesting that the average movie-goer wouldn't "get" a Superman film is rediculous. It's Superman, it's not hard to understand, with deeper elements there if you look for them but stil a core of being a great story, with no few action scenes to break up the pace a little.

    Solar on
Sign In or Register to comment.