Options

A funny [chat] happened on the way to the forum

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did you guys know there is such thing as a permanent collar?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Implanting things under your skin is...weird.

I should have a more eloquent way to put that, but I don't.

I should get Mori to implant cutouts for the konami code on the underside of his cock. "PRESS BUTTONS FOR REACTION"

I tattooed "idspispopd" on my cock, and now when I get an erection I can stick it through walls.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wish we had a Saddest Posts forum so I could report posts like this:
    emnmnme wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    This is what happens when people have to repress their self-identity and then get a chance to freely express themselves.

Repressing your self-identity wins you friends. You have a self-identity and a public-identity a.k.a. a reputation.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This car isn't just hideous compared to the other two, it's hideous compared to say a genital wart.

Jeremy Clarkson, I hope you never change.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    I knew you were a mermaid this entire time Feral.

Speaking of anime, I need to watch a new one.

watch tatami galaxy

http://chaostangent.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tatamigalaxy-17.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/show/tatamigalaxy

This seems kind of dumb.

how so? actually let me just sell it to you. I will give it my best sale.

in which tarranon tries to sell tatami galaxy to sarksus, an epic in one act. sarksus you better read it!
    okay so without trying to spoil too much, the series concerns itself with a young unnamed man that I'm just going to refer to as the narrator because that's what everyone does. he is just starting college and has extremely idealized ideas on what college life could be.

the show's primary conceit is that the actions he takes in his first two years inevitably end up going horribly wrong, and he decides that if he had just chosen another path, he could finally have his ideal college life. and then in the next episode he is starting college again and chooses a different path for his college life

that is the weird thing I guess, but it's no where near the heart of the show. the real heart is in the narrator's progression as a character, and the cast of sidecharacters he winds between. you're constantly reintroduced to the same characters, but because the circumstances of the narrator and their meetings are different, so are your perceptions of the characters

it's kept very consistent throughout each iteration of the the narrator's college life, and seeing exactly how all the characters and pieces fit in together is extremely satisfying throughout its humble 11 episode run. it's not a mystery by any means, it's just wonderfully constructed and a pleasure to see unfold on its own terms

plus the art is pretty, it's got a good, easy going sense of humor, the voice acting is nice, and it's just a very refreshing and different show with a satisfying ending

and that is why I like it

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So apparently everyone knows what this thing is?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Those just look like slightly unusual piercings Feral. From here, at least.

Well, it is a piercing, of a sort. You put in one side of the piercing as a subdermal implant, underneath the skin, but with a very small part sticking out upon which you can affix jewelry.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

What is the what?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    This car isn't just hideous compared to the other two, it's hideous compared to say a genital wart.

Jeremy Clarkson, I hope you never change.

That was talking about the Porsche from last week, right? I loved how much they trashed the look of that car.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    thanks justin

That cross thing is ugly.... it'd look a lot cuter as a scar
    scarification.jpg

Tav on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wikipedia has a better image.

Dermal2.jpg

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

No. What is it?

Feral: I see, so they are like, anchor points in your skin? Very....techpriesty.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I knew you were a mermaid this entire time Feral.

Speaking of anime, I need to watch a new one.

watch tatami galaxy

http://chaostangent.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tatamigalaxy-17.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/show/tatamigalaxy

This seems kind of dumb.

how so? actually let me just sell it to you. I will give it my best sale.

in which tarranon tries to sell tatami galaxy to sarksus, an epic in one act. sarksus you better read it!
    okay so without trying to spoil too much, the series concerns itself with a young unnamed man that I'm just going to refer to as the narrator because that's what everyone does. he is just starting college and has extremely idealized ideas on what college life could be.

the show's primary conceit is that the actions he takes in his first two years inevitably end up going horribly wrong, and he decides that if he had just chosen another path, he could finally have his ideal college life. and then in the next episode he is starting college again and chooses a different path for his college life

that is the weird thing I guess, but it's no where near the heart of the show. the real heart is in the narrator's progression as a character, and the cast of sidecharacters he winds between. you're constantly reintroduced to the same characters, but because the circumstances of the narrator and their meetings are different, so are your perceptions of the characters

it's kept very consistent throughout each iteration of the the narrator's college life, and seeing exactly how all the characters and pieces fit in together is extremely satisfying throughout its humble 11 episode run. it's not a mystery by any means, it's just wonderfully constructed and a pleasure to see unfold on its own terms

plus the art is pretty, it's got a good, easy going sense of humor, the voice acting is nice, and it's just a very refreshing and different show with a satisfying ending

and that is why I like it

Ehhhhh.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    thanks justin

scarification.jpg

Now that is beautiful.

Inq: exactly. They're also really subtle, or at least they can be.

Feral on

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

I've heard of them. Also there's eye jewelry and tattooing, scalp spikes, and freaking bizarre shit people do to their genitals.

Chastity piercings. D:

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Dermal2.jpg

It looks like she's been infested with ticks.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

What thing? I've been out of the loop.
    That was talking about the Porsche from last week, right? I loved how much they trashed the look of that car.

It's an awful car. Porsche just needs to stick with making sexy little cars and leave normal and big size cars to everyone else. I swear, if they try to make a Jeep knock off, then I'm gonna start killing their designers.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I will admit that as someone that is constantly wavering between dreamy idealism and the practicalities of life, the show was in a good place to resonate with me

but I would still recommend it to almost anyone :v

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    As much as I love tattoos, scarification, and branding, I don't really like piercings very much.

Feral on

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    Well this thread just went someplace.

Would you prefer this, or Inception-[chat]?

_J_ on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    thanks justin

scarification.jpg

Now that is beautiful.

Inq: exactly. They're also really subtle, or at least they can be.

This one girl I met had two metal balls, maybe half an inch in diameter (which is pretty big, really), implanted under her skin near her wrist.

She was pretty hot actually.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2010
    ITT: People do weird things to their skin.

Please note, this is coming from the guy that still wants a Calvin & Hobbes tattoo but is pissed that truckers ruined Calvin.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    AmaliaAmalia AuthorFace Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    YOU CAN'T GO TO SLEEP. OUR BUSINESS IT NOT RESOLVED

D:

Can I do it tomorrow though? It's p late.:P

Just send her a quick PM so she knows who you are.

i'm morbidly curious

honk, who is he setting you up with

Yeah-- that would be me!

Maybe I'm in Sweden too! How do you KNOW?
    I'm not. :(

Amalia on
    Sometimes I blog. Other times I tweet. But I'm always writing. (and so is that other Amalia)

Give the Gift of Thor! Or maybe you'd be interested in that Orc Book I wrote.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Dermal2.jpg

It looks like she's been infested with ticks.

Or she shoved push-pins into herself.

_J_ on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

I don't dislike the current topic of discussion, though I don't have much to contribute.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    PMs sent

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There was one guy who got rare earth magnets as subdermal implants. He can feel magnetic fields.

Feral on

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's also microdermal implants, which are more like this:

ofxr-neck-piercing.jpg

My friend has something like this, like lil metal bar under her skin on the back of her neck with two lil metal balls at each end sticking out.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Well, it is a piercing, of a sort. You put in one side of the piercing as a subdermal implant, underneath the skin, but with a very small part sticking out upon which you can affix jewelry.

I wish they were strong enough I could get two rows down my back and do corset piercings 24/7. Then again, I'm still debating straightlacing myself.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    There was one guy who got rare earth magnets as subdermal implants. He can feel magnetic fields.

I know there are people that get magnets implanted in their finger tips so they can feel metal and stuff. It supposedly is pretty cool, but...eventually the magnets start sliding out of place, to my understanding.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arivia wrote: »

I wish they were strong enough I could get two rows down my back and do corset piercings 24/7. Then again, I'm still debating straightlacing myself.

Drooling over here.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    _J_ wrote: »

I don't dislike the current topic of discussion, though I don't have much to contribute.

I don't understand what implanting metal balls into one's skin does.

Unless one has a favorite magnet they don't want to lose.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    While I can enjoy some of the aesthetic of piercings and tattoos and such as an observer, it tends to bring out an "oh god evidence of disease!" instinct in me, or else "okay if I touch this person they will start bleeding before the fun even starts."

So it's all cool so long as they don't expect me to ever touch them. We need that augmented reality so people can have illusory body mods.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ITT: People do weird things to their skin.

Please note, this is coming from the guy that still wants a Calvin & Hobbes tattoo but is pissed that truckers ruined Calvin.

A Calvin tattoo that evoked the strip, like Calvin & Hobbes wrestling, or sitting on a sled, or three Calvins climbing out of a cardboard box, would be pretty sweet.

Feral on

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh good I burned the roof of my mouth and now the skin came off I wonder if that's going to be bothersome.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why in the hell do I keep smelling cheese? It's been a few hours now but I can't pinpoint the source.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As much as I love tattoos, scarification, and branding, I don't really like piercings very much.

I like a very specific, girlish set of piercings. I'm not that big on ears that take dowels, for example.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Oh good I burned the roof of my mouth and now the skin came off I wonder if that's going to be bothersome.

I do this all the time. You'll be fine.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If they ever get electronic tattoos that you can turn on and off or something, I am getting so many tattoos.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I know there are people that get magnets implanted in their finger tips so they can feel metal and stuff. It supposedly is pretty cool, but...eventually the magnets start sliding out of place, to my understanding.

Any kind of body mod can migrate, depending on where you get it done. But, yeah, fingers especially, because that tissue is always moving and bending and bumping into stuff.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.