As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Where are those damn Assassistants?)

1565758596062»

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Morkath wrote: »
    :(

I have a bug.
    I've unlocked the Bartolomeo's Axe but it doesn't show up in the guild.
    I'm not the only person with this problem, but it's obviously not widespread enough for most people to notice because all my research hasn't found anyone answering other people's questions about "why my axe not show up?"
    I only want it because it's a two headed axe. Was just going to wear it to look cool, since I already know it's stats from someone who does have it (le suck).

But it's not unlocking. Just to be sure I finished Fight Club + all the Assassin's Contracts on top of all the Mercenary Challenges. Nothing.
    I have the thief and courtesan guild rewards but not the mercenary one.
    Sigh.
    I keep going back to my guild and staring at the empty weapon rack, hoping it'll turn up.

The worst thing? I saw the damn thing in a mission on a brute, picked it up. But when I completed the mission and changed my armor to Brutus, it vanished. Now whenever I replay that mission, it vanishes on completion. Even when I pick it up, it shows up in the inventory as if there is no weapon equipped and the hands are empty.

So I ground out the mercenary challenges and didn't even get the only reward I actually wanted for the look. Great.

Did you get text saying it was unlocked? Not to be a dick but I remember thinking I had finished the mercenary challenges off, but I actually need a few more of something, I think it was assassinating soldiers on horses.

e:
    Also shadowfire;
    You can charge the apple until the ring turns white, then it will instant kill anyone it's touching.

The mercenary guild is rank 1 and all the challenges are maxed out.
    I was thinking I'd go and do a few more of each just to be sure but I mean, they're all red and 10/10 or whatever.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »
    This and you don't update the OP? Won't be playing with you.
    Well, if you don't like how I made it because the last thread never got renewed, and I thought "Hey, maybe I should start it again so me and other fans can talk about it" make the next one. Sorry if I like to do other things than update it, and while its been months, I'm sorry if I insulted you. Also, I acted like that tonight, its not a regular habit.

It would have been dickish and aggravating as hell had we been playing seriously. As it stands however, it was absolutely hilarious.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kadoken wrote: »
    This and you don't update the OP? Won't be playing with you.
    Well, if you don't like how I made it because the last thread never got renewed, and I thought "Hey, maybe I should start it again so me and other fans can talk about it" make the next one. Sorry if I like to do other things than update it, and while its been months, I'm sorry if I insulted you. Also, I acted like that tonight, its not a regular habit.

I'd be happy to take up the mantle from the AC2 days and make the new thread if you're not going to

Even if I don't, I have the perfect thread title: "The liberation of Roma has begun"

You know, in case you forget that Ezio says it from time to time :P

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If you are being obvious enough that another non target/pursuer assassin can push you around, you are not playing the game right, and probably deserve it. :P

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just finished Assassin's Creed II.

What. The. Fuck.
    I also just finished it.

Fucking fuck fucker fuck fucking fucker fucking fuck fuck. Shit. You cannot end a story like that and expect me to be able to wait a good two years for any continuation. I thought Lost was cruel.

Man, Patrice Desilets isn't at Ubisoft anymore. He's got nothing to lose. I think I'm going to go rough him up a bit and get the rest of this story. I've been playing his games! I know how this works! He's on a set path as soon as I get within 30 feet, and there will be conspicuously convenient beams and railings overlooking the entirety of said path. Then I just wait for him to meander his way to the end of it, in a little alley with no guards, and I drop down and punch him a few times. He probably won't even fight back. Then he spills it.

Fuck.

Now I have to go finish The Truth.

Monger on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    high five "just beat assassin's creed 2 in the last 24 hours" crew

what a fun game that was

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    I just finished Assassin's Creed II.

What. The. Fuck.
    I also just finished it.

Fucking fuck fucker fuck fucking fucker fucking fuck fuck. Shit. You cannot end a story like that and expect me to be able to wait a good two years for any continuation. I thought Lost was cruel.

We only waited one year though. Brotherhood is a direct continuation.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wait, in my mental agony I read that as Brotherhood.

I just beat Brotherhood.

Brotherhood has robbed me of the little sanity I have left. Had left.

AC2 wasn't even, like... that was barely a twist.

Monger on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So multiplayer.

Someone tell me when they fix the matchmaking.

I don't have the patience to sit there for thirty fucking minutes just to enjoy a short (but admittedly interesting) game.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    Wait, in my mental agony I read that as Brotherhood.

I just beat Brotherhood.

Brotherhood has robbed me of the little sanity I have left. Had left.

AC2 wasn't even, like... that was barely a twist.

And you're not going to have to wait 2 years. AC is a yearly franchise for Ubisoft now, AC3 will be coming out next november.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Unless it's not 3

By the way, someone said to get the suppressed memories, you only have to get 75% of the total synch throughout the game, and that 100% was just for Achievement hunters...but I'm not seeing any Achievement for that. That's good news! I'm at the part where I have to kill 20 Frenchmen undetected and, well, fuck that.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I needed AC3 yesterday. Next November was not yesterday. I know because yesterday was yesterday and I was there.

Monger on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Unless it's not 3

By the way, someone said to get the suppressed memories, you only have to get 75% of the total synch throughout the game, and that 100% was just for Achievement hunters...but I'm not seeing any Achievement for that. That's good news! I'm at the part where I have to kill 20 Frenchmen undetected and, well, fuck that.

That one's actually really easy. I got it on the second or third try.

See, here's the thing; Like most tasks where you must be undetected, you must be undetected. This does not count your crossbow rounds, your poison darts, your gunshots...You get the idea. You don't want to use throwing knives for this, because they don't always kill.

-First up, make sure you have a full three slots of assassistants. First thing you're gonna do is go to one of the bigger spots, and see if they have a spot where you can get the camera looking at a lot of guards.(The one I used happened to have a spot with like 5 or 6 guards all huddled together)

-ARROW STORMMMMM

-Keep hidden for a sec. More guards are gonna come. See if you can get outside the restricted zone and still be in range to shoot them in the face. If not, when they turn away, you're gonna pop one, then quickly hide again. Whatever you use, his buddies are gonna come look. When they're not focused, you're gonna shoot 'em again. Repeat this until they stop coming.

-Then you mop up the area. You got at least 10-15, maybe even the full 20. DONE.

It's not necessarily as fun, but fuck it, it works. Save the fun for when you're not trying to help Ezio through his psychological trauma by completing goofy optional objectives.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah but

You only need 75% of the synced memories for story purposes :P

So far the only ones I'll be missing full sync are this one and getting Catarina out of the castle

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Unless it's not 3

There's nothing to be added to Ezio's story though and there were 2 years between the first two games, so it makes sense that the gap between 2 and 3 would be the same. Plus, releasing it in late 2011 ties into the stories 2012 thing a hell of a lot better than releasing it when that year is pretty much over.

As for the Frenchman thing, I had to retry it a few times because I was being a bit too daring but it's not that hard. If you want to be really cautious, just shoot poison darts or arrows at whoever you can see from outside, then head to the next fort. The only one I really have trouble with is the one before that, closing the gates without being hit once.

I wish there were more single player trophies/achievements and less multiplayer ones though. 100% sync would be preferable to getting up to level 50 online.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's the thing, though; if it becomes a yearly franchise, there's going to be one in 2012 anyways, so anything tying into that will be nullified by then, and it sure as hell will be when we reach the AC game in 2013.

I'm hoping against hope that the next AC is a new time period for the memory sequences with some more Desmond stuff sprinkled in, with the eventual AC3 being nothing but Desmond.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    luckily abstergo employees insist on using batons instead of guns

edit: maybe not in brotherhood. haven't played through it yet

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    luckily abstergo employees insist on using batons instead of guns

In that particular sequence, they needed Desmond alive and Vidic even said "Take care not to damage any equipment", obviously referring to Rebecca's Animus 2.0 which would be a boon for them.

Guards have crossbows and guns in Brotherhood. They are getting us ready.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yalborap wrote: »
    Unless it's not 3

That one's actually really easy. I got it on the second or third try.

See, here's the thing; Like most tasks where you must be undetected, you must be undetected. This does not count your crossbow rounds, your poison darts, your gunshots...You get the idea. You don't want to use throwing knives for this, because they don't always kill.

-First up, make sure you have a full three slots of assassistants. First thing you're gonna do is go to one of the bigger spots, and see if they have a spot where you can get the camera looking at a lot of guards.(The one I used happened to have a spot with like 5 or 6 guards all huddled together)

-ARROW STORMMMMM

-Keep hidden for a sec. More guards are gonna come. See if you can get outside the restricted zone and still be in range to shoot them in the face. If not, when they turn away, you're gonna pop one, then quickly hide again. Whatever you use, his buddies are gonna come look. When they're not focused, you're gonna shoot 'em again. Repeat this until they stop coming.

-Then you mop up the area. You got at least 10-15, maybe even the full 20. DONE.

It's not necessarily as fun, but fuck it, it works. Save the fun for when you're not trying to help Ezio through his psychological trauma by completing goofy optional objectives.

Knife special attack always kills. 3 at once too.

Great for taking out patrolling pairs or triples.

In any case, one of the areas marked on the map in that mission is near the end of an aqueduct. It's full of high places, where you can basically get up high then crossbow people for free and they wont detect you. Very easy to get 10+ there, then drop down and carefully take out roaming pairs with knives and a few assorted singles with crossbow.

edit: Infinite Assassin calls = Infinite Arrow Storm. Boy was that fun.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The multiplayer is really something special.

I want to write something more substantial than that, but that's all I got. It's just ridiculous fun. Pulling off a successful escape from a pursuer, watching them run at breakneck speed right past where they saw you headed, your disguised self sitting nonchalantly on a bench... there's no analogue for that in a twitchy shooter. It's just thrilling.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How do you activate cheats once you unlock them?

They interfere with Achievements, I'm guessing?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How do you activate cheats once you unlock them?

They interfere with Achievements, I'm guessing?

Apparently you can only activate them while replaying a memory. If you want to fuck around in free roam and use them, select the first memory in a sequence.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    But it's possible to go back and get 100% synch using cheats or no?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010

I want to write something more substantial than that, but that's all I got. It's just ridiculous fun. Pulling off a successful escape from a pursuer, watching them run at breakneck speed right past where they saw you headed, your disguised self sitting nonchalantly on a bench... there's no analogue for that in a twitchy shooter. It's just thrilling.

I haven't played it at all yet but is it as intense as Splinter Cell multiplayer? That was so much fun.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »

I haven't played it at all yet but is it as intense as Splinter Cell multiplayer? That was so much fun.

Calmly standing at a merchant's stall between two other identical characters, I waited very, very patiently for my three pursuers to eventually find me. The first and the second both mistake the others for me, resulting in their contracts going invalid. (+200 Lure!) The third then goes at me, but I Smoke Bomb them off, and run away up to a lift and escape to the rooftops. Panning back to see if he's managed to follow, I note that his own assailant has found him, and I'm perfectly safe now. And then someone else kills my target. Dammit.

Another one was where I managed to get into first in the last 3 seconds of a round, by carefully following the rest of my 2+ group of clones in a curtained festival booth, only to then to casually stab my target in the face and leap ahead on the scoreboard from all the bonuses.

The game has a pretty constant tension at all times, sometimes it spikes or there's a window in which you've done for your pursuers - but it's decidedly not dull.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Fizban140 wrote: »

God yes, I loved Spy vs Merc.

It's the same team that made SC Multi, and it shows. I don't know if any one singular moment can be as intense as those intimate, one life 2v2 affairs that Spy vs Merc was, just because not as much is riding on a singular encounter, but with that considered, yes. It's like a bunch of those moments in one match.

edit: Chaos Theory multi with a partner that you trusted and worked well with kinda stands as one of the best multiplayer experiences I ever had. <3

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay. When a single guard stumbles upon me and has the time to gasp and half-draw his sword before I put a dagger in his neck, that shouldn't count as detection. I really hate how systemic stealth mechanics are in most games.

Especially on the Catarina mission. God.

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    But it's possible to go back and get 100% synch using cheats or no?

No saving while cheats are active.

Replay a memory (for example, sequence 8 mission 1).
    Don't go anywhere near the !.
    Hit up options-cheats.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So, ending spoilers...
    The part using the apple fucking sucked. I know, I know, you can turn people against each other and everything, but it's stupid and takes more time than stabbing them in the face. And, hey, one of my targets is the last one alive? Thanks, I have to wait for my assassin assistants to be recharged so I can kill the asshole. Apparently they are not castrated at the end like I am.

That said, is there a third layer going on here? Is Desmond really in the animus the whole time, and the present day parts are "just a dream?" That's kinda what the credits suggest, and that'll piss me off. :P
    You know if you hold the button down long enough, a white circle extends out from Ezio inside the gold one and any hostiles caught in there are instantly killed, right?
    It seemed random... sometimes dudes would die, sometimes they would turn, sometimes they would prostrate themselves on the ground. Once they're prostrating on the ground, you can't target them anymore. If your buddies aren't already out killing others, you have to wait until all three charges are up and then hit them with arrow storm. Even the apple doesn't seem to work anymore.

As for the "Shaun and Rebecca stuck them back in," that isn't what it sounded like. It sounded more like people were keeping him in the animus, and he was groaning about it. I could be wrong, of course... who the fuck knows at this point.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Pancake wrote: »
    So, ending spoilers...
    The part using the apple fucking sucked. I know, I know, you can turn people against each other and everything, but it's stupid and takes more time than stabbing them in the face. And, hey, one of my targets is the last one alive? Thanks, I have to wait for my assassin assistants to be recharged so I can kill the asshole. Apparently they are not castrated at the end like I am.

That said, is there a third layer going on here? Is Desmond really in the animus the whole time, and the present day parts are "just a dream?" That's kinda what the credits suggest, and that'll piss me off. :P
    You know if you hold the button down long enough, a white circle extends out from Ezio inside the gold one and any hostiles caught in there are instantly killed, right?
    It seemed random... sometimes dudes would die, sometimes they would turn, sometimes they would prostrate themselves on the ground. Once they're prostrating on the ground, you can't target them anymore. If your buddies aren't already out killing others, you have to wait until all three charges are up and then hit them with arrow storm. Even the apple doesn't seem to work anymore.

As for the "Shaun and Rebecca stuck them back in," that isn't what it sounded like. It sounded more like people were keeping him in the animus, and he was groaning about it. I could be wrong, of course... who the fuck knows at this point.

I think you were doing something wrong, it always works.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright i'm stuck.

I completed the thieves and courtesans early missions, then I cleared out as many badguy towers as I could. It wont let me move to the mercenary mission, any reason why? I didnt complete the shop quest and I didnt get 100% sync with some of the missions.

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How the hell do you do the merc fistfights?

I can't finish the first one - with how far apart you start I just cannot finish the guy in 10 seconds.

The various references hidden in the puzzles are ball bustingly IN-FUCKING-SANE. You'd need to know about four languages as well as an asston of history for a single person to get all of them. Thank god for the internet.

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've nearly finished AC2 (Just hunting down the codex pages, which is dragging it out a bit) and I've only just realised I can buy pouches and dye my clothes... I just never spotted the stores before.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Magic Pink on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New thread... that is locked...?

LockeCole on
  • Options
    Clutch414Clutch414 Dodge Swinger.... ...WHENEVER IT FEELS RIGHT!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LockeCole wrote: »
    New thread... that is locked...?

Here is the correct one.

Clutch414 on