As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - Hopping removed due to infinite on Thor.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I still want Jin Saotome, even though it's extremely unlikely.

He was in the first two, so maybe there's hope?

Godfather on
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't mind that. I loved Jin in 2.

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Jin would certainly fit the "who the hell is that character"

I'm still hoping for Strider.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I liked Jin. He was this skinny dude who punched things with fire and a big robot fist.

And he was never happy. It was so sad.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I always got the impression he was having a pretty good time during the special that blew his clothes off, not really sure why. :P

On the subject of tag ins, I know I've heard the Hulk call in Iron Man as "metal man" and Dormammu as "fire head man". Really looking forward to hear his takes on Capcom's side. Also, I'm thinking that Arthur's lines talking to the "foreign knight" might be specific for Doom.

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Megaman has to make it. We have Ryu and we have Arthur, only one spot left for Team Classic Capcom.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Technically Chun or Spencer could fill your third spot. But I would be very surprised if a Megaman in some form didn't make it into the game.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If they want really classic, they could go for the ship or some enemy from Vulgus.

vsgr.jpg

Or, for something more recognizable, the plane from 1942.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ... or Captain Commando. Which would be an awesome person to bring back.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Speaking of that, did anything ever come of that C. Viper rumor?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Speaking of that, did anything ever come of that C. Viper rumor?

Yeah, I was about to ask about that too.

I would not worry about Megaman. He's one of those characters who will be in it without a doubt. He helped build that company after all.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    At this point, I have varying levels of doubt towards anyone and everyone. Haven't been considering any character with "Oh of course they'll make it in" since the disconfirmation of Cyclops.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Well, apparently Cyclops isn't so relevant nowadays (or so Marvel apparently thinks). But Megaman? Even without considering MM9/10, he's one of Capcom's flagship franchises.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Marvel has been turning Cyclops into a pain in the ass for years now. He was halfway okay in the comics back when MvC2 was released, but since then he's basically ditched his wife, become an enormous wimp, and let his life be run by Emma Frost. It's not wonder he doesn't exactly have the star appeal he used to.

I'm still holding out hope for Angel/Archangel purely because he could make for a neat combat style, but there's about a million other Marvel characters I could say the same for. If anything, I just wish Gambit was in. I've been racking my brain to think of somebody on the Marvel side who would fit their bill of a known character with a bizarre combat style, but I really have no idea for that.

Maybe Mimic? He could have a "base" style, but then additional elements which change for every character he fights? I know characters which play as other characters are hardly new to fighting games, but it could be pretty interesting to have a character who fights like himself and gets some changes every time somebody new gets switched in.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »

In the Yipes vs Sandford Kelly matches at NYCC Seth says that Dante is the "new Captain Commando" so sadly I doubt he'll be back :(

Skab on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    man is captain commando not in this so far?

captain commando is fucking awesome. i love that dude.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Skab wrote: »

In the Yipes vs Sandford Kelly matches at NYCC Seth says that Dante is the "new Captain Commando" so sadly I doubt he'll be back :(

...and what some random Internet person says is the unbreakable law. Capcom bows down to the glorious wisdom of whatsisface.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ...Well, the chances of a character coming back when another character plays just like him(or even better) are pretty nil.

Seriously, I doubt we'll see Captain Commando. Only reason he got as popular as he was in the game was because his assist was good.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

...and what some random Internet person says is the unbreakable law. Capcom bows down to the glorious wisdom of whatsisface.

if he's talking about Seth Killian, Seth is one of Capcom's big development dudes

they even named the last boss of SFIV after him.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »

if he's talking about Seth Killian, Seth is one of Capcom's big development dudes

they even named the last boss of SFIV after him.

Ah, I was thinking he was some random tourney player or something. I can't really see how Dante would be remotely similar to Cap Com, but that's just me.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They're mostly talking about his anti-air assist.

But Dante looks to be a strong point character as well, and one of his other assists can hit overhead, so he's probably going to be straight up better, or at least more versatile than CapCom ever was.

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Kind of goes back to what I said.

Whether you liked him or not CC popularity was based on his assist, he was pretty average other wise.

Cue Dante, who has an assist similar to that and is looking to be a beast of a fighter too.

Edit: I have been beaten.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I think C. Viper would be a solid choice as a playable fighter, but don't see her getting in over Bison.

I don't care if it's Megaman Volnutt or Megaman Classic, just long as we have a Megaman.

Seeing Zero from Megaman X would be sweet, but seeing Sigma would be cooler, as he Bison and Wesker are the only notable Capcom villians that I can recall personally and that seem to be the most well known overall.

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Kind of goes back to what I said.

Whether you liked him or not CC popularity was based on his assist, he was pretty average other wise.

Cue Dante, who has an assist similar to that and is looking to be a beast of a fighter too.

Edit: I have been beaten.

CC's tournament popularity was based on his assist. And I agree that Dante's assist is a strike against him. But I think he was a rather popular character for the casual players as well.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Am I the only person who thinks that a Capcom fighting game featuring all manner of crazy crap isn't complete without this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxJ4V7k_MSo&feature=related

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Goddamit. Why isn't that music Hakan's theme?

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    But that is his theme. It's just that the in-game version is an instrumental version that doesn't have Yakko singing.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Okay, so, current roster:

Capcom:
    Ryu, Chun-li, Morrigan, Felicia, Dante, Trish, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Tron, Chris Redfield, Sir Arthur, Spencer, Wesker.

Marvel:
    Hulk, Wolverine, X-23, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Deadpool, Dormammu, Doom, MODOK, Magneto, Super Skrull

That puts the current totals at 13 and 13 and we're figuring around 14 remaining.

I still think Vanessa Schneider's got a shot, damnit.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    i still think Trish was a terrible addition

Vergil is way better

or that bald sorcerer guy from 3, or one of the cooler enemies. maybe even the clown dude.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nero, goddamit.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Nero would be fucking great. i imagine he'd be a lot like both dante and Spencer though.

spencer yelling "get over here" is so perfect

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Baka_ShadeBaka_Shade Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've kinda warmed up to Trish by this point but honestly I don't think the series needed any representation beyond Dante. I know they'd all play differently but one white haired douchebag with a sword is plenty, there's no need to give folks the opportunity to fill their team with them.

Did they ever comment again on what the balance between new and old characters would be? Their first line was 1/3 new guys but I don't think that stuck unless we're getting vets from pretty much here on out. From that list we're at 5 old/8 new for Capcom, 7 old/6 new for Marvel.

Baka_Shade on
    kanpilgrimsigfinal2.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I would rather them just do two characters from one series at max so you can have a good spread and not a million people from street fighter and dante.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I'm hoping for very few SF characters. I could deal with Bison or Zangief but that's about it. Those two just because Bison would fill a Capcom villain slot nicely and Mecha Gief is awesome. I kind of wish they would just make a pure Mecha Gief character based on the SSFIV costume model.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    gief with rocket boosters and anti-air missiles and nuclear pile-drivers.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We've talked about doing MvC2 Noob Nights before, but I'm not sure it ever happened. I can explain the basics of the game, but I certainly don't have the Marvel experience that some of the others around here do.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Marvel has been turning Cyclops into a pain in the ass for years now. He was halfway okay in the comics back when MvC2 was released, but since then he's basically ditched his wife, become an enormous wimp, and let his life be run by Emma Frost. It's not wonder he doesn't exactly have the star appeal he used to.

I'm still holding out hope for Angel/Archangel purely because he could make for a neat combat style, but there's about a million other Marvel characters I could say the same for. If anything, I just wish Gambit was in. I've been racking my brain to think of somebody on the Marvel side who would fit their bill of a known character with a bizarre combat style, but I really have no idea for that.

Maybe Mimic? He could have a "base" style, but then additional elements which change for every character he fights? I know characters which play as other characters are hardly new to fighting games, but it could be pretty interesting to have a character who fights like himself and gets some changes every time somebody new gets switched in.

Honestly, at this point, I think Loki has a very very very good chance of making it in the game...

A. Marvels' making a HUGE Thor push. I mean we got movies, a TV series (multiple TV shows if you count the avengers), major marvel events, toys, shirts... fuck... they are cramming him down our throats. Tossing Loki into MvC3 is just another extra shove.

B. Loki is THE avenger villain. He's the reason they even exist right? He is to the avengers what Lex Luthor is to the Justice League. First time the big avenger three are in MvC so it makes sense to put in their big villain. Ironically his actions during siege led to the big three avengers teaming back up. Score!

C. Dude just got done raping the marvel universe. As far as villains go, he's fucking BIG atm.

Plus in terms of game-play you could do SO much with him!

A. He's bad ass with a sword and/or a whip. But he's also all blasty blasty with his magic. Making him very versatile for whatever role the devs need to fill.

B. Being so based in magic the sky is the limit with his move set. Flying, shape-shifting, illusions, you name it! So much possibility.

So he could certainly have a bizarre fighting style.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    At E3 we were able to determine that neither Loki nor the Punisher made the cut

SabreMau on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    SabreMau wrote: »
    At E3 we were able to determine that neither Loki nor the Punisher made the cut

You're an ass (j/k)

But seriously... why would they do that? Dumb move devs. Dumb move.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dev team, nothing. Marvel's fault.

Jintor on