As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Movie Meetup - Machete?

KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited August 2010 in PAX Archive
It's come to my attention that Machete comes out Sept 3, which clashes with PAX. Was thinking it would be pretty great to get a large group of PAX folk to all buy tickets to the same show and more or less take over the theater.

looks like there are a couple theaters within walking distance of the convention center, but trying to do this during the show hours would probably be tough, since everyones gonna want to be at the show (for good reason). maybe monday, for the folks that are staying over?

Kjeldor on

• Options
    m@!m@! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd be down with the idea. I'm booked on a red-eye out of Sea-Tac on Monday night, so I'll have time to kill come Monday.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm also taking a red-eye on Monday night, and Danny Trejo is God, so...yeah, I'm in. Great way to spend Labor Day.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Third-ing the red-eye comment. I'm flying SEA-YVR at 7:15 to make my connection, so an early afternoon show works for me.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm good for whenever. I had planned to hit some art museums on Monday (I know, I'm weird) but they seem to be all closed on Mondays lol. My flight isn't until 10:25pm (sigh) so I definitely have time.

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    yeah, when we attended in 2008, on monday we hit up the sci-fi museum & experience music project, duck tour, and some other touristy things since we were there. not sure what plans will be like this year, but figured i'd gauge interest.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd be totally down if I wasn't leaving on Monday morning. If this happens any other time, I'm there.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I was just looking at the cast: Danny Trejo, Michelle Rodriguez, Jessica Alba, De Niro, Lindsay Lohan (I hope Michelle gave her some tips on being in jail...), Cheech Marin, Jeff Fahey, Steven Seagal and Don Johnson LOL. This is going to be fun.
    machete04.jpg

basicallygeek on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I had this idea too. What about a midnight show Thursday night?

freakish light on
  • Options
    HittingSmokeHittingSmoke Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'd love to do this on Monday afternoon. A midnight showing wouldn't work for me because I have to catch a boat home at 12:50 AM at the latest.

HittingSmoke on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I had this idea too. What about a midnight show Thursday night?

I'd be down for that.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You and me, buddy. Besides, you seemed like a cool dude from all that stalking I did for the secret santa present. =)

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You and me, buddy. Besides, you seemed like a cool dude from all that stalking I did for the secret santa present. =)

Aw, and here I was hoping you half-forgot so I could surprise you by thanking you in person.

I still reread those comics and wear the shirt regularly.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I couldn't forget that, that was the best gift I ever gave. And the McCain shuffle is really distinctive. :P

Anyway yes! This is a thing we're doing. And probably drinking earlier.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, if there's a nearby theatre doing a midnight showing of this, I will definitely convince my friends to come along to it, so we'll have at least 5 or so.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    agentmobiusagentmobius Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Down for midnight or any other time, just about.

agentmobius on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd probably also be up for a midnight showing on Thursday, but I'm a bit hesitant as it's probably the last time I'll have any chance of getting some sleep for the entire weekend. Plus, I haven't finalized my pre-PAX plans yet. While this would be awesome there's also the concert and possibly just following along on the TriWizard as a teetotaler who dislikes Harry Potter.

On the other hand I'm going to be seeing this eventually. That is not even a point of consideration, it is a fact that can be proven with SCIENCE.

Belgand on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah, after giving it some thought, i'm kind of on the fence about the whole idea. it would be pretty great to get a big group of PAX folk to take over a movie theater, but there is so much other PAX or Seattle-specific stuff to do in such a short amount of time, do I wanna give up a couple hours for something I could just as easily see when I get back home.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    a thursday midnight all paxers show would kick ass, but if that can't happen, what about a thursday whatever the time of the last showing of Scott Pilgrim?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm still 100% on for this if there's a theatre close to PAX doing a midnight showing. I've been checking Fandango like every day.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    midnight showing would be awesome thursday night, but coming from EST, i'll have long been asleep by then. :(

Kjeldor on
This discussion has been closed.