As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Debate and Discourse [chat]

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    septum piercings are the worst piercings

bridge piercings

bridgeNnose.jpg

that just looks painful. I want to ask that guy if he is okay.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    also mori you think your job will be cool with the pierce?

or are you going to get something unnoticable while it heals or

I checked with my boss. His only request was that the jewelry needed to be "tasteful."

huh

um so what are you getting

a CBR?

I don't know what a CBR is. I'm hoping to get something like this.

pebbles6_03.jpg

is that guy actually crosseyed or does his dumb nose piercing just make him look that way?

also: hey dude 1992 called and dan cortese wants his do-rag back and also he's runnin a little low on mountain dew

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    that was a really lame lunchtime date, i hope tomorrow goes better

?

deets

she was kind of shrill and self-centered

we ate, and she seemed kind of ok then, i guess? she kept making random, off the wall observations and asking me weird, rhetorical questions i wasn't supposed to answer- "ugh, look at the floor, i wonder what kind of material that is, hey, do you know when this place opened?" and then before i could answer "well i'll just ask when we leave", and other stuff like that. she was chipmunky.

then i had an idea for where we could go, and i had like three ideas but all of them were outdoors and they were all 'too hot' for her (i know it's hot out but jeez, it's summer, this tends to occur) so i was like ok how about (a museum i like that sort of revolves around one of the interests she mentioned) and she wasn't 'in a museumy mood'

finally i was kind of frustrated but i didn't want to be a sourpuss so i was like, "it's a nice afternoon, what do you want to do?" and she's like "i dunno why don't you come up with something"

...when that's what i'd been doing

finally i just booked out and we ended up calling it a wrap with just the lunch. she insisted on giving me her number, but i think she is just kind of negative. weird. i think she believed the date went better than i did. i guess she liked me, but i don't think i'll go out with her again.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2010
    you should move to san diego we could be couple friends

man

that is like the only draw of san diego for me

but it's a pretty good draw

anyways if i did it, you guys would have babby within a year and never want to hang out again anyways

fuckin babby

I think we are still some years away from that, if we (I) even choose to go down that road

you and frankie are not planning on having kids ever?

prob not

she fuckin hates kids

and also she's really irresponsible

and i'm really not willing to be the primary caregiver

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    will, let's go to the park

we can have a picnic and judge people

together

Pony on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn, Organichu, that sounds like a really terrible first date.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man I had an awesome time in the city last night. I was p. Drunk and ate a meat pie!

like an empanada?

or is this some sexy gay slang that i don't know about

no it was a proper meat pie at the tuck shop, which is named after Australian junk food stores where you would get your lunch

like this

meat-pie-150x150.jpg

absolutely fantastic drunk food

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    The quill piercing looks like a good way to get your nose torn if it catches on something, like someone's fist if you ever get swung at in your entire life.

This is pretty much my theory on piercings in general. You get into a fight and peopls start yanking things through your flesh. How is that a plus?

I knew a chick with her nipples pierced and all I could think of was Chris Farley in Airheads.

What kind of lives do you guys live where this is a likely enough concern to avoid doing something you want to do?

um

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The quill piercing looks like a good way to get your nose torn if it catches on something, like someone's fist if you ever get swung at in your entire life.

which, if you're rocking something as lame as a septum piercing, is a pretty sure bet

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man I had an awesome time in the city last night. I was p. Drunk and ate a meat pie!

like an empanada?

or is this some sexy gay slang that i don't know about

no it was a proper meat pie at the tuck shop, which is named after Australian junk food stores where you would get your lunch

like this

meat-pie-150x150.jpg

absolutely fantastic drunk food

One of my favorite things about Australia.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

finally i just booked out and we ended up calling it a wrap with just the lunch. she insisted on giving me her number, but i think she is just kind of negative. weird. i think she believed the date went better than i did. i guess she liked me, but i don't think i'll go out with her again.

you must have smooth talked her with your silken voice.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man, minecraft makes some cool ass maps

this is the current level it generated for me:
    map3-oblique-day.png

Pony on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

?

deets

we ate, and she seemed kind of ok then, i guess? she kept making random, off the wall observations and asking me weird, rhetorical questions i wasn't supposed to answer- "ugh, look at the floor, i wonder what kind of material that is, hey, do you know when this place opened?" and then before i could answer "well i'll just ask when we leave", and other stuff like that. she was chipmunky.

then i had an idea for where we could go, and i had like three ideas but all of them were outdoors and they were all 'too hot' for her (i know it's hot out but jeez, it's summer, this tends to occur) so i was like ok how about (a museum i like that sort of revolves around one of the interests she mentioned) and she wasn't 'in a museumy mood'

finally i was kind of frustrated but i didn't want to be a sourpuss so i was like, "it's a nice afternoon, what do you want to do?" and she's like "i dunno why don't you come up with something"

you should tap that ass then never call her again

Tav on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

This is pretty much my theory on piercings in general. You get into a fight and peopls start yanking things through your flesh. How is that a plus?

I knew a chick with her nipples pierced and all I could think of was Chris Farley in Airheads.

What kind of lives do you guys live where this is a likely enough concern to avoid doing something you want to do? I never think about "what if I get into a fight with someone and he tries to seriously damage me?" I'm a goddamn mainframe operator, not a boxer.

In 80 years I imagine someone will probably swing at me a few times. But I also don't want to get a piercing, even if I wasn't ever going to get into a fight, so it's not the same as you who likes piercings so you are willing to take on a little bit of risk for that pleasure.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

bridge piercings

bridgeNnose.jpg

also these

images4065234.jpg

seen girls get these in their cheek

terrible

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

?

deets

was this the phd student?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    All this talk of piercings reminded me of my most horrifying piercing experience and probably the reason I'll never get a piercing.

So, me, my mom, and my brother were at this festival known as the Taste of Colorado, which happens Labor Day and features basically restaurants from all over Colorado making their finest cuisine and selling it to people. So, we're walking along and we see this guy with his shirt off and a septum piercing, two nipple piercings, and a chain joining them all together. So, we're walking along, this guy is heading in the opposite direction. Ahead of this, a woman steps off the curb, but apparently didn't realize there was a curb there and trips. She stumbles forward, reaching for something to stabilize herself and she finds... the guy with the piercings. She instinctively grabs on to the chain to try to stabilize herself and.... RIIIIIPPPP. Ouch.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

bridge piercings

bridgeNnose.jpg

That man is covered in moles and boogers! D:

finch from american pie went all underground

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

my voice is so lame

Organichu on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

?

deets

Was this the Penn girl?
    What kind of lives do you guys live where this is a likely enough concern to avoid doing something you want to do? I never think about "what if I get into a fight with someone and he tries to seriously damage me?" I'm a goddamn mainframe operator, not a boxer.

>.>

<.<

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Will, I think you and I would get along swimmingly.

When someone is that judgmental of other people in person, it's a lot more entertaining to me than it is on the internet.

Like, I had a friend in college who just judged everybody and talked loudly about it with his friends. I mean, I'd never want to date him or be, like, best friends with him or something, but he was a pretty funny guy and it was fun to hang out with him.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010

?

deets

was this the phd student?

no she's tomorrow.

with her we actually have an agreed upon date plan, in which she's shown interest. plus i've seen pictures and she's gorgeous. that one i'm looking forward to.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Maybe I'm just nice enough to avoid getting swung at.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    All this talk of piercings reminded me of my most horrifying piercing experience and probably the reason I'll never get a piercing.

So, me, my mom, and my brother were at this festival known as the Taste of Colorado, which happens Labor Day and features basically restaurants from all over Colorado making their finest cuisine and selling it to people. So, we're walking along and we see this guy with his shirt off and a septum piercing, two nipple piercings, and a chain joining them all together. So, we're walking along, this guy is heading in the opposite direction. Ahead of this, a woman steps off the curb, but apparently didn't realize there was a curb there and trips. She stumbles forward, reaching for something to stabilize herself and she finds... the guy with the piercings. She instinctively grabs on to the chain to try to stabilize herself and.... RIIIIIPPPP. Ouch.

Yeah. Some piercings are, on a completely visual or physical level, pretty interesting, but man do they invite a lot of risk and complications.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

?

deets

negativity is a huge turn off for me

this does not sound like a girl I would call back

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    JebusUD wrote: »

my voice is so lame

Lame like Ira Glass.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    will, let's go to the park

we can have a picnic and judge people

together

that is p much my perfect day

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    it's pretty easy not to get in a fight

in my experience

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    prob not

she fuckin hates kids

and also she's really irresponsible

and i'm really not willing to be the primary caregiver

how old is frankie

you guys are in your early 30s right?

I'm assuming if her baby clock hasn't started ticking it probably won't randomly start

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have had my ear, tongue, and nipple pierced when I was 16-18. Took most of it out before I was 20, and now I just wear the tongue piercing when I'm feelin' sexy

TL DR on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Facial piercings are just bad.

Only thing that works is small side nostril studs on girls.

Everything else raises your douche levels to near "elaborate facial hair" levels.

That's right, facial piercings are almost as douchy as starburns, chin straps and whorls.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

in my experience

Depends on where you live and where you hang.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if you live a life in which there's not a reasonable chance of being punched in the face while going around town, you obviously live in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Tav on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

you calling me an asshole?

because that streak of yours is about to end

punch1a.jpg

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man people can be pretty lame when they're all judgey

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i hung out with Sabs and Choco and Fluffy and Cass on tuesday

i think Sabs was embarrassed to hang out with me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    also these

images4065234.jpg

seen girls get these in their cheek

terrible

that is a monroe, I like those too

and also the cheek piercings that give you dimples

so cute

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

in my experience

The biggest obstacle is pride.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

you calling me an asshole?

because that streak of yours is about to end

punch1a.jpg

Fucking ow! Oh Jesus Christ, there's blood! I can see blood! I WANT MY MOMMY!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    man people can be pretty lame when they're all judgey

Why you gotta call people out like that man.

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.