As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Monster Hunter] 4, now with online multiplayer!! Coming to 3DS 2013

• Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there a difference between the Double Troubles in 5* and 6*?

Arcas on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They have a health bonus for being 6*. They don't seem to be quite as annoying as their 5* variant, though that might be because you get better equipment at 51+ HR.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    didn't really get online at all this weekend except for a little yesterday. saw that they now have sea power up on teh events. Anyone want to form a posse and take down some HR lagi? i tried it by myself for shits and giggles and got stomped.

you get HR lagi parts and a chance for a electro long sword.

probably need to thnk about my armor choice though.

Rathian upgraded to HR is great for anything except lighting and water so will probably just go back to plain old lagi armor, just need to make sure its as fully upgraded as possible

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    IceBurner wrote: »
    I'd probably pick armor. You can make fire weapons with Agnaktor stuff.

Well, if you mix Rath and Rath+ stuff, you can get a full set without using any plates, and I can already get Attack up (L) without the vambraces. The three weapons that use Rathalos plates are Wyvern Blade (LS), Flamesword (GS), and Siegmund (GS). The Rath LS is outclassed in every way by the Agnaktor one, but I don't have the stuff to make it; Siegmund is outclassed by the High Lagia Blade, which I have the stuff to forge; and the Flamesword requires three plates.

So... pff. I guess getting a plate wasn't that great after all. >:U Maybe I'll get the Rath Vambraces just for completeness' sake.

@mts: I'd help, but I'd have to get up to HR40 first. :. (I'm at 37 or something now.) I do need some more Baltzenger tickets, so maybe a few Blood Sports would get me there.

EDIT: Well hey, it turns our I'm already at 39, I just need to finish some key quests. I discovered this after two successful HR Jhen fights (and a third where everyone DC'd simultaneously...?)

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    SLZMatrixSLZMatrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hey Mizuumi, RATHIAN RUBY

SLZMatrix on
    Vicariously I Live While The Whole World Dies.
    Monster Hunter Tri : Pandion/JFRXYE Xbox360 Gamertag: GypBuster
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got one the first time I fought an HR Ratian and I still haven't used it.

And I have eight Lagiacrus Plates. I used to have nine but I SOLD ONE.
    dealwithitdog.gif

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i would count my lag i plates but there are too many barioth spikes in teh way

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mts wrote: »
    i would count my lag i plates but there are too many barioth spikes in teh way
    oohohoho touche mts :o ...touche. so, im going on soon. early for me, but if anyones down.

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i will be here all week.

did a little rumble in the great desert last night. only got a repel but still got some decent loot. wish i had a better speed gather setup. i have hunter + but that would probably not last very long against jhen

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Haha, I went out in LR Rath/Blos armor. SO MANY MEGA POTIONS. But yeah, now I've got plenty of HR Jhen stuff (2 Earth Dragongems and 2 or 3 ElderDragonBloods!), but I still need LR parts to forge any of the things I need horf dorf.

I probably won't have much time to get on tonight, but tomorrow should be pretty free (other than my going to watch Inception).

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well you cant forge any HR armor (upgrade or new) without conquerers seals anyways. i was surprised by that
    i have a couple elder dragon bloods and i think i used my few gems to make the armor. will probably try and run HR a couple more times to get more scales etc and see about getting more gems/blood but i don't really need any of it right now since i can't really do anything with it

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Change in plans! I'll be able to get on ASAP and play until the cows come home. (Goodness, that's not a very nice thing to call my family.)

Anyone want to help me kill the mommy dragon and the daddy dragon so I can start gaining HRP again?

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    man i can get into your guys city. been trying for a while now, can you guys warp to me?

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mts, it looks like yours and SLZ's routers are just not compatible or something. Which is really a shame because we definitely could've used another hand in my urgent. :c

Speaking of which, I'm taking this to the recruiting servers, because it seems like nothing short of a four-man team is going to be able to handle HR Ian and Los. *sigh* rands D:

EDIT: With the help of one other HR39 on Greed1 (we managed to duo it!), I've completed my urgent and am now HR40. Woo!

also earlier to day i maed a monter huntr fanart i hope u guis liak it
    gowbow.png

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    See i could have helped. SLZ just dosn't want to share his maple syrup or something. I think Aryn's brother also couldn't connect. i could get into any other room just fine. it was exactly like that other time he tried to join us

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    See i could have helped. SLZ just dosn't want to share his maple syrup or something. I think Aryn's brother also couldn't connect. i could get into any other room just fine. it was exactly like that other time he tried to join us

Lol, no maple syrup for you. Also, SLZM is my initials, i added the atrix just because. because. also, @Mizuumi, i think we could have done it if i was wielding longsword(moar damage) gunning is just nice for groups.and i was falling asleep because of the all nighter i pulled the night before. (i was watching tenacious d and the watchmen) i literally fell asleep with both of them in area 7, and when i woke, they were both gone, and i was on fire. halfed health

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i was hoping adding you as a friend would allow us to comingle in the same room, but it did nothing

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    2 Raths is most fun when they both hang out in 8. :)

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Stryker43 wrote: »
    It really is the only way to fight them... or at least the only way that I actually need to pay attention. :P

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Stryker43 wrote: »
    It really is the only way to fight them... or at least the only way that I actually need to pay attention. :P

indeed. thats how we rolled.

I really need to do more 5* quests. i am already 47 and have done like 2 of em ( roll the uroct and gr baggi.)

not counting the urgent to get it.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SilentRoughWaterSilentRoughWater Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RE: Tuesday night's sloppy playing w/ SLZ & Mizuumi

Sorry guys, I don't know what got in to me!

At any rate it encouraged me to upgrade Uragaan armor as far as I can. I think I will keep using it for HR monsters above R.L. because it is by a very wide margin my best defense. I'm still not sure what high rank armor to go after, so I just keep hoarding random parts.

Edit: For anyone who cares I will probably be on with my brother very, very late at night (EST) Fri/Sat doing the easier high rank stuff. I think we're going to set up two TVs in the same room and play that way. Wheeee

SilentRoughWater on
    sig.php?user=BrokenBrik

Wii U NNID: TJandSam Steam: BrokenBrik
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SLZMatrix wrote: »

Lol, no maple syrup for you. Also, SLZM is my initials, i added the atrix just because. because. also, @Mizuumi, i think we could have done it if i was wielding longsword(moar damage) gunning is just nice for groups.and i was falling asleep because of the all nighter i pulled the night before. (i was watching tenacious d and the watchmen) i literally fell asleep with both of them in area 7, and when i woke, they were both gone, and i was on fire. halfed health

What the hell kind of name do you have with the initials SLZM

But yeah, while you BEING AWAKE (:x) would've helped, I really don't think we were getting in enough damage to get the job done in time. Mainly because it was IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN OPENING.

Seriously, they spent nearly the entire time in areas with each other, and their moves were so synchronized it was absolutely ridiculous. We're talking same move at the same moment. They would charge simultaneously in opposite directions, then torn around and charge again or fireball or whatever. There wasn't much I could do but cower behind my bigass shield and wait for one to leave. :c

There was one point, where they both faced each other at point blank and simultaneously fireballed each other in the face, and that was pretty hilarious (and you missed it, SLZM >:U).

And someone needs to get on to help be get my last 3 Banderlance plans because the rands I got on with last night kind of sucked.
    (spoiler for rant)
    Specifically, one guy took an AFK to have a quickie with his girlfriend, then proceed to continue bringing it up throughout the duration of the next quest. Then some other guy (guy B) came in and the aforementioned guy (guy A) got ridiculously upset over guy B's profile. It was an insanely shitty profile ("Me: 8==========D You: 8=D"), but guy A totally spazzed the fuck out and started saying things like "get out. youre profile makes me want to kill you. in real life" and they proceeded to have one of the worst dick-offs in the history of paradox space, at which point I quit.

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i dunno, running off to have a quickie while playing a video game takes some balls. more so that he couldn't stop playing and just put the controller down.

i was doing rumble in teh desert last night and this one dude was kind of up in evryones grill giving out orders. and stuff. stupid things too. like at the end when its basically just the time for you to run back and forth firing canons, he was like hurry up. stupid but it drove me nuts.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mizuumi wrote: »

What the hell kind of name do you have with the initials SLZM
    But yeah, while you BEING AWAKE (:x) would've helped, I really don't think we were getting in enough damage to get the job done in time. Mainly because it was IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AN OPENING.
    Seriously, they spent nearly the entire time in areas with each other, and their moves were so synchronized it was absolutely ridiculous. We're talking same move at the same moment. They would charge simultaneously in opposite directions, then torn around and charge again or fireball or whatever. There wasn't much I could do but cower behind my bigass shield and wait for one to leave. :c
    There was one point, where they both faced each other at point blank and simultaneously fireballed each other in the face, and that was pretty hilarious (and you missed it, SLZM >:U).
    And someone needs to get on to help be get my last 3 Banderlance plans because the rands I got on with last night kind of sucked.
    (spoiler for rant)
    Specifically, one guy took an AFK to have a quickie with his girlfriend, then proceed to continue bringing it up throughout the duration of the next quest. Then some other guy (guy B) came in and the aforementioned guy (guy A) got ridiculously upset over guy B's profile. It was an insanely shitty profile ("Me: 8==========D You: 8=D"), but guy A totally spazzed the fuck out and started saying things like "get out. youre profile makes me want to kill you. in real life" and they proceeded to have one of the worst dick-offs in the history of paradox space, at which point I quit.

I don't understand why someone needs to put the controller to get action :winky: and also its Sage Leon Zachary M. you know, not gunna say the last name. mts could be some crazy stalker (he wants my maple syrup D:) glad you got your urgent, at any rate. i just need mine, and the hr to unlock it.. and that damn (Advanced) Barroth Buster quest. Does anyone have some insight to why Capcom made a group of quests that NEVER SHOW UP? i know they're not Key Quests, but I like completion. Everything else if finished, so why not check everyone's quest list? on top of that question, what quest gives the largest potential hr prize? i'll need to get to the five stars if i wanna roll with Mizuumi again. Apparently we're brothers. Brothers of blood. And other various bodily fluids. Second thought, i think Mizuumi's the crazy stalker...

EDIT: Wow, i finally seen the Barroth Buster quest, and then someone new shows up in my city. he joins, i check out his profile. guess what? ITS THE SAME GUY FROM MIZUUMI'S RANT. the 8
    me, 8- you guy. then, we quest, almost killed barroth and got comm error'd. damn. also, unlocked urgent so Mizuumi, you know you are honour bound to fall asleep during it.

EDIT EDIT: had to condense your long space filled posts

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I am not quoting this shit because fuck you.

And I am not going to help with your urgent because I already helped some stranger with their urgent after a couple decidedly mediocre Jhen hunts where no one quite knew exactly what they should be doing where and when. And then afterward we did the Jaggi Mask quest and I went nekkid with my rusted GS and it was great.

So screw you.

I still haven't done Fort Gigginox. :c

AFTERTHOUGHT: This thread needs more fanart. Other threads get fanart! Why not this thread? I think I will draw some myself to get the ball rolling.

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In this thread, Miz and SLZ talk to one another.

I would say I would help you with your urgent but we all know our routers hate each other making it unpossible

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    or, yknow, i could just help...

D:

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My router is a slut so if I actually found time to play I could help. Someone tear me away from my guitar and SC2 for a night and I'll be there.

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    as long as you're from North America, and our routers are compatible. also, i'd try to fix it, but i totally fail at technology. i was surprised i managed to get an account here, but i guess not every forum is as hard to register in as Bnet. also, Miz, RUDE! I was telling a story dammit. also, someone said something about being on late on saturday and friday with their brother. that sounds cool, but there'll be five of us so.. D: i actually heard that there used to be eight player cities, until they scrapped it for Wii Speak.

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    hmm. ran into another person that we couldn't connect to the same room as. so far it has only happened with 2 people. it is weird, nothing has changed with my settings. I don't get how it is a router compatabilty issue.

Let me say that HR Lagi is a bit of a bitch. though i really want parts to upgrade normal lagi armor so it is a must. it got intense at the end with the miz. three blown traps to capture. it was not awesome.

and an even awesome random encounter story out of it too.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    VrayVray Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mk6S6iKFrQ

Saw this elsewhere and felt compelled to post it here.

Vray on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mts, this is a case of your router being totally fine, and ours totally sucking. if my router was a person, i'm sure he would be the person in Vray's video.

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SLZM, your router needs to CALM THE FUCK DOWN.

I feel like I should probably take a break from MH for a few days, lest I become burned out.

But what else would I do?

(Something constructive?!?! God forbid!)

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Seriously, does no one else agree that, while terrifying, the Deviljho is the derpiest motherfucker to walk this prehistoric landmass? (Kut Ku notwithstanding)

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It probably doesn't help that he has such tiny arms, I know he's based on a T-Rex and all, but they are ridiculous. And he's not so terrifying with Evade+ where you can roll through every single one of his attacks. It's hilarious.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i would rather deviljho pop up during a quest rather than diablos. granted, deviljho usually follows you like a satanic puppy. BUT deviljho doesn't dig, then spring out at you from the other side of the map. I haven't yet beaten diablos solo. now i think i can, because of my high rank armour and slightly upgraded water longsword.

also, i'll be needing to farm low rank lagi and low rank agnaktor. it'll be easy, but i'd like company. (if not, i can farm offline) and there's always that adv. barroth and urgent i need so.. it'll be a fun night.

and if there's anything you guys need, that'll take top priority

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also, i'll be needing to farm low rank lagi and low rank agnaktor. it'll be easy, but i'd like company. (if not, i can farm offline) and there's always that adv. barroth and urgent i need so.. it'll be a fun night.

Low rank Agnaktor only shows up online as an advanced quest, so unless you only want to kill him once or twice over the whole night, you're better off doing that one solo.

Stryker43 on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i would rather deviljho pop up during a quest rather than diablos. granted, deviljho usually follows you like a satanic puppy. BUT deviljho doesn't dig, then spring out at you from the other side of the map. I haven't yet beaten diablos solo. now i think i can, because of my high rank armour and slightly upgraded water longsword.

I think Diablos is weaker to Ice/Lightning than Water, he certainly used to be. So the best LS would be Heaven's Thunder, or Tenebra if you've got Awaken...

I have been like some sort of ruby prospector tonight; 2 'los rubies, 2 'ian rubies, 2 Ura rubies and around 4 wyvern stones. Unfortunately I suspect this means I will never again get anything good out of the game...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i have both, but im only hr 39.

the only way to get awaken is by using either hr lagi armour or alatreon armour. the only way to gem it in is with ala parts. no awaken for me yet.

SLZMatrix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Fair enough, I don't have an awaken set either. If you're any good with Switch Axes the Barioth line is a Diablos killing machine, but obviously you'll need High rank Barioth bitz to upgrade it...

Halos Nach Tariff on