Options

Avengers Assemble! THOR TRAILER PAGE 45

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm still confused, are you considering an Adam Sandler film to be a genre onto itself?

What madness is this!?!

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I'm still confused, are you considering an Adam Sandler film to be a genre onto itself?

What madness is this!?!

no

just has a distinct lack of action so i referenced it

bitch about something else you guys

like how the thor trailer had a distinct lack of shit getting hammered

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Legba wrote: »
    Sweeney, I'm not going to disparage you any - different strokes for different folks. It's kind of a shame though because there's a whole range of awesome cinema I can't recommend you now.

you can recommend me some stuff

not saying every drama is boring

not saying every romantic comedy or adam sandler film or every insert genre here film is boring

just saying that lost in translation was over 90+ boring-ass minutes of my life that i want back

I was thinking of the "90 minutes of talking without any action" type film. There's some brilliant films of that type - a lot of them based on theatre plays - and if you didn't like Lost In Translation it's likely you won't like them either.

For instance, I loved The Big Kahuna, which is Danny Devito, Kevin Spacey and Peter Facinelli in a room (okay, two rooms and a lift) for 90 minutes. Loads of drama, character development, etc. Not a single punch is thrown.

I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone, but I'm not sure you'd like it.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

What madness is this!?!

no

bitch about something else you guys

like how the thor trailer had a distinct lack of shit getting hammered

Thor throws the hammer once.

Hammering is imminent.

Legba on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

What madness is this!?!

no

I don't want to come off as a defender of Adam Sandler films but your opinion is just wrong.

I don't know what type of action you are imagining (perhaps the Stallone variety) but generally Adam Sandler films have action in them.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    JJONAHJAMESON
    OH GOD I JUST PICKED UP MISS BRANT'S TELEPHONE AND I HAVE DISCOVERED WHAT SEXTING IS AND I WANT TEN SILKWOOD SHOWERS OH MY GOD
    about 4 hours ago via web

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sweeney, I'm not going to disparage you any - different strokes for different folks. It's kind of a shame though because there's a whole range of awesome cinema I can't recommend you now.

not saying every romantic comedy or adam sandler film or every insert genre here film is boring

just saying that lost in translation was over 90+ boring-ass minutes of my life that i want back

I was thinking of the "90 minutes of talking without any action" type film. There's some brilliant films of that type - a lot of them based on theatre plays - and if you didn't like Lost In Translation it's likely you won't like them either.

For instance, I loved The Big Kahuna, which is Danny Devito, Kevin Spacey and Peter Facinelli in a room (okay, two rooms and a lift) for 90 minutes. Loads of drama, character development, etc. Not a single punch is thrown.

ooo i might actually like that

as long as it doesn't feel longer than it is like lost in translation that is

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »
    I know the whole Thor thing is only losely based on norse myth but still, I don't like the look of Asgard. Too clean, too... elven. It just doesn't look like something a viking would come up with.

You do realize elves were a huge part of Norse mythology, right? Tolkien didn't create them. Vikings did.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    JJONAHJAMESON
    OH GOD I JUST PICKED UP MISS BRANT'S TELEPHONE AND I HAVE DISCOVERED WHAT SEXTING IS AND I WANT TEN SILKWOOD SHOWERS OH MY GOD

I love this
    I love you for sharing

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    JJONAHJAMESON

oh god that's awesome

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    are tweets cannon??

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    I know the whole Thor thing is only losely based on norse myth but still, I don't like the look of Asgard. Too clean, too... elven. It just doesn't look like something a viking would come up with.

You do realize elves were a huge part of Norse mythology, right? Tolkien didn't create them. Vikings did.

Yes but the Alfar did not, as far as I am aware, live in Asgard.

All I'm saying is they need to add snow and perfect undead warriors and I'm fine. :P

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you make other people named tom look bad, you fuck

confession: i picked this name because i thought it would be better than my real name

my real name is actually, no joke, Boris Filmore Rubenstein

i thought it sounded too jewish and foreign to have as a username

so i picked sweeney tom randomly

i think it's better than boris filmore rubenstein

No one can possibly believe that "sweeny tom" is a better name than Goddamned Boris Filmore Rubenstein.

You sir, are a troll.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    sarukun wrote: »
    you make other people named tom look bad, you fuck

confession: i picked this name because i thought it would be better than my real name

my real name is actually, no joke, Boris Filmore Rubenstein

i thought it sounded too jewish and foreign to have as a username

so i picked sweeney tom randomly

i think it's better than boris filmore rubenstein

No one can possibly believe that "sweeny tom" is a better name than Goddamned Boris Filmore Rubenstein.

You sir, are a troll.

am not

and besides olivaw didn't like boris filmore rubenstein

i don't see you bitching at him

besides besides boris filmore rubenstein sounds like a russian terrorist's name

now you know why i didn't want it as a username

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

In that case, check it out. It's a low-budget adaptation of a stage play about three salesmen trying to get hold of a big client. Kevin Spacey plays the asshole, Danny Devito plays the oldtimer and Peter Facinelli plays the newbie. That's it. It's very tight.

Who knows, maybe Lost In Translation was just really boring and there are other talkie films you'd enjoy.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    i think olivaw was referencing your forum name not your real name

either way who cares its olivaw :lol:

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

They're not vikings, they're Aesir, and they live in a splendid Jack Kirby realm you repugnant philistine.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

In that case, check it out. It's a low-budget adaptation of a stage play about three salesmen trying to get hold of a big client. Kevin Spacey plays the asshole, Danny Devito plays the oldtimer and Peter Facinelli plays the newbie. That's it. It's very tight.

Who knows, maybe Lost In Translation was just really boring and there are other talkie films you'd enjoy.

i can not check that movie out fast enough

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

:cry:

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »

They're not vikings, they're Aesir, and they live in a splendid Jack Kirby realm you repugnant philistine.

If you won't listen to me listen to him.

He's Scandinavian.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

jk jk!

you're alright :)

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010

He's Scandinavian.

close enough, anyway.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

spex you are the greatest

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

He's Scandinavian.

Yeah but so am I, and I agree with Ferrus.

Where's that leave us, huh? :P

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Is that anything like this?

glengarry-glen-ross-large.jpg

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    holy shit zonugal that looks awesome too

shit now you guys reveal you're into great movies

now i feel bad about my potentially awful opinions about movies

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    How did you not know about Glengarry Glen Ross

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

He's Scandinavian.

Yeah but so am I, and I agree with Ferrus.

Where's that leave us, huh? :P

Hogun the Grim ought to mace you both in the neck, you tasteless troglodytes.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sweeney Tom it is a great film.

But be warned it is almost only talking.

With that in mind let me state again, it is great.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I've only seen a bit of Glengarry Glen Ross, but yeah, it's a lot like that. I think Kevin Spacey saw Alec Baldwin's part and thought to himself "I want to play an asshole too!"

Legba on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sweeney Tom it is a great film.

But be warned it is almost only talking.

With that in mind let me state again, it is great.

it's not that i hate films with almost talking

it's just that if they're completely like lost in translation i may hate it

because that is the only film i've seen with all talking

because i'm a man and love action films

but shit if that film has Pacino i know i'm gonna see it

i sat through 88 Minutes, i can sit through this

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »

jk jk!

you're alright :)

:D

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Olivaw, it's only Ryan
    why do you care

Antimatter on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh God, that scene

I love watching this scene.

sarukun on
  • Options
    FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, there is quite some nerd rage in here.

Let me put it as simple as possible:

The Marvel version of the norse gods is, obviously, inspired by the real thing. How closely they match is up to the individual writer I guess but it would appear for the movie they chose a somewhat distant version. Which I don't like very much because it conflicts with the stereotypical version.

Opinions, huh?

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Olivaw don't read that post

its antimatter

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Olivaw, it's only Ryan
    why do you care

I appreciate all compliments and adulation I receive!

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it's a good rule of thumb to just go ahead and stop reading posts

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the version in the movie is the Marvel version

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]