As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Deelock turns [CHAT] today!

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay, I need to pick up some boxing/combat tape asap.

Right now my knuckles look like they went through a cheese grater.

Godfather on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Battle scars are cool.

TheBog on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I once broke my thumb playing basketball.
    I'm pretty sure that counts.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My country is full of idiots.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Idiots would be preferable to the masses of blindly malicious and destructively self-interested goosebags I have to put up with in the US.

MKR on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »

Idiots would be preferable to the masses of blindly malicious and destructively self-interested goosebags I have to put up with in the US.

How are those not idiots too?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Simple idiocy can be cured by education.

MKR on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Which particular group of idiots are you referring to?

Flay on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »

Simple idiocy can be cured by education.

Who's teaching the idiots? It's a cycle.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only thing I hate are idiots who walk around with their cellphone like its a car radio. Listen, if you're on the train, on the bus, or I'm giving you a ride in my car, turn off your stupid radio! There are other people there too!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Flay wrote: »

Good question Flay. There are so many idiots we have to class them into seperate groups!
    The only thing I hate are idiots who walk around with their cellphone like its a car radio. Listen, if you're on the train, on the bus, or I'm giving you a ride in my car, turn off your stupid radio! There are other people there too!

One time i had some guy come on the bus and sat in front of me. he started blasting his crappy heavy death metal shite from his phone. So I pulled my headphones out of my mobile and blasted Elvis Presley In the Ghetto for shits and giggles. Im sure he got the point.

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If they are sitting right across me, I ask them politely to turn it down. Most of the time, they turn it off completely. I say thank you with a smile. Still, I'm amazed by their total lack of consideration.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hear cell phone radio doofs on the TTC all the time.

Nobody has the balls to tell them to knock it off.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah people here will use their cellphone on the skytrain all the time. Often times I want to say something like, "So what movie are you and Becky going to see?" Or whatever pertains to their conversation, I mean, you have 20 people on a skytrain and 1 person talking loudly, it's impossible NOT to hear what their saying.

Not too many radios though. Just ipods that are turned up waaaaay to loud.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone wanna give me the rundown on how DVD-Rs work? What program do people use to burn dvds? Also it says there's standard play mode which = 2 hours, but can also use long play and extended play modes which = 4 to 6 hours. So can I record like 6 hours worth of stuff on it and watch on a dvd player? Or are players only compatible with standard?

TheBog on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheBog wrote: »
    Anyone wanna give me the rundown on how DVD-Rs work? What program do people use to burn dvds? Also it says there's standard play mode which = 2 hours, but can also use long play and extended play modes which = 4 to 6 hours. So can I record like 6 hours worth of stuff on it and watch on a dvd player? Or are players only compatible with standard?

Short answer: I use ConvertXtoDVD. It's not too expensive and is really good. If you already have the VOB files, you can just copy them straight off one DVD and burn them with IMGBurn to a -R. (Google 'How to burn a DVD using IMGBurn.)

Never heard of the 2/4/6 thing on a DVD player, that was mainly on VHS tapes. If you were, say, burning a 700MB 1 hour 30 minute movie to DVD, it would come out to around 2 gigs. a DVD-R single layer is 4.6 gigs or so. So you can get about 3 hours (maybe a little more) on a single DVD-R.

ConvertXtoDVD I think also lets you compress the DVD to get more time on the disc, but I've never played with that.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    i didn't know you had zbrush, ND, how long have you been using it?

I started using it about a year ago (September through December), during a ZBrush class I took at SCAD...but I haven't used it all that much since - just here and there. I've been focusing on doing/learning a lot of things over the past [academic] year, so ZBrush didn't get as much attention from me as it could have. :P

That's going to change soon though - I'm going to start using it more regularly. It's so much freakin' fun.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Computers are stupid and need to be told what to look for. It depends entirely on what format the drive writes the disc in, and whether or not the player knows that format.

If the writer writes .--.---. to mean "A," but the reader expects .-.---.- for "A," everything looks garbled and the reader doesn't know what to do with it.

MKR on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Flay wrote: »

Good question Flay. There are so many idiots we have to class them into seperate groups!

One time i had some guy come on the bus and sat in front of me. he started blasting his crappy heavy death metal shite from his phone. So I pulled my headphones out of my mobile and blasted Elvis Presley In the Ghetto for shits and giggles. Im sure he got the point.

I was certain this story was going to end with you shouting "Double dumb-ass on you" before reaching over and pinching his neck.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The only idiots I truly hate, are the ones who think they're clever. Jeebus, it's extremely hard to argue with them because they've got this magical forcefield that keeps everything they don't agree with out of their brains, ergo they don't understand our arguments.

Luckily, there's a cure called "rendering all their arguments invalid" which I used yesterday thus winning me $.
    See I'd made a bet with this girl over an orientation race, I won - she didn't believe me and said I cheated. Then we made another bet over who would eventually win this argument.
    I did and the victory was even sweeter than the money.

m3nace on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    m3nace wrote: »
    The only idiots I truly hate, are the ones who think they're clever. Jeebus, it's extremely hard to argue with them because they've got this magical forcefield that keeps everything they don't agree with out of their brains, ergo they don't understand our arguments.

Luckily, there's a cure called "rendering all their arguments invalid"

invalidargument_2.jpg

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah people here will use their cellphone on the skytrain all the time. Often times I want to say something like, "So what movie are you and Becky going to see?" Or whatever pertains to their conversation, I mean, you have 20 people on a skytrain and 1 person talking loudly, it's impossible NOT to hear what their saying.

Haha! I saw a guy try that on the NJ Transit one time, and the person who was on their phone just yelled at him and called him names until he apologized.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Paradise wrote: »

Haha! I saw a guy try that on the NJ Transit one time, and the person who was on their phone just yelled at him and called him names until he apologized.

What people don't realize is just because you can't hear the person coming out of the earpiece doesn't mean they can't hear you. Cell phones constantly equalize and you can speak very very softly and it'll still pick you up.

Also, why ain't no one commented on my newest comic? Waaaaaah!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ugh, my mom and my sister think the only way someone can hear them while they're on the phone is if they're screaming.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ugh, my mom and my sister think the only way someone can hear them while they're on the phone is if they're screaming.

I'd like to have their phone-sound pressure levels switched with those of my relatives. I've always had a hard time with selective hearing and hearing people on phones (mobile phones in particular).

m3nace on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    I got an xbox! Its shiney.

Who wants to be my friend. I have no headset right now, though

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would be if I could get my xbox working again. My GT's the same as my account name.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wanted lensflare, but I settled for the lesser known aweful filter, renderclouds. Iruka was taken ages ago.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, at least it's not Glowing Edges.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    'Renderclouds' is pretty good :lol:

Why is Iruka taken already? It's not common is it, I just figured it was something you made up.

• Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    'Renderclouds' is pretty good :lol:

Why is Iruka taken already? It's not common is it, I just figured it was something you made up.

I think it means dolphin in Japanese, and it's also the name of a guy from Naruto. There's no way it couldn't have been taken.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shows you what I know about anything.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am rtschutter on xbl, though I don't get on often these days.

rts on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Naruto ruined the name, yeah. I've begun transitioning away from it but my other screen name is longer. Generally "IrukaTheSlayer" is unique to me on the internet.

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Guys, what do you look for in a winter coat? I have no idea, so I just buy the ones with the plastic finish. But today I saw a really cool, heavy jacket at Pacsun and I thought it would be good for my trip at the end of the year to a winter wonderland.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am stradivariobot* on live if anyone wants to add me. But mostly my wife and I use it for netflix instant these days.

*Its the name of a character I drew a couple times. He was going to be for a comic I was going to do about classical composers who made instrument golems/robots and fought each other. Mozart was going to be pure evil.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just gain a bunch of weight for winter and keep wearing what I'm wearing.
    Also, all my hair turns white.

That sounds awesome wasser. What happened? Laziness?
    That's what usually happens to me whenever I think of something to do.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If there's no flap that covers the zipper, that's going to be a damn cold coat when the wind blows.

I dunno, I'm not good at this whole "winter" business

If you're planning on running around in the snow, I guess a windbreaker jacket (the kind I assume you've been buying) would be nice...but I tend to go for much heavier, thicker coats, because I'm a cold-wimp and I can't handle even autumn temperatures sometimes.

Also, try to move around in it - some coats are really warm but offer no flexibility. I need to be able to wear a hoodie under the coat and still have the use of my limbs.
    9.1%20bundling%20for%20school%20(randy_card-christmas-story).jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    *Its the name of a character I drew a couple times. He was going to be for a comic I was going to do about classical composers who made instrument golems/robots and fought each other. Mozart was going to be pure evil.

This is excellent, where is this, what did you do with this, why is it not in my eyeballs

NightDragon on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay, normally I wouldn't be linking something from somethingawful, but this made me laugh a lot.
    EvilJoven1.jpg

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.