As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dungeon Siege 3 - Obsidian's action RPG (NSF 56k)

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yes. But the generic character is an actual in game character and you loot is constant across sessions.

So if I jump into an online game with a buddy, I take the role of a magic user. Anything I pick up there is then transferred over to my regular character later on? Just not gold/xp? I'm still confused.

It seems like such a stupid design decision. Is there any reason it's like that? Seems like a big bunch of cons and not a single pro, there.

No, nothing is transferred. At all. Ever. Everything stays in the other person's game. As long as you keep joining them, you keep your character going.

It HAS drop-in anytime co-op, it just discourages you from doing it as hard as it can.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Loot obsessed players? So play with your buddies. It seems, though, that you'd have to only play with the exact same buddy or you lose your character?
    You do it because you like spending time with other people.

That and consistent characters like every other dungeon crawler ever made is somehow mutually exclusive?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    Loot obsessed players? So play with your buddies. It seems, though, that you'd have to only play with the exact same buddy or you lose your character?
    You do it because you like spending time with other people.

That and consistent characters like every other dungeon crawler ever made is somehow mutually exclusive?

The character is still there but if you aren't playing with then the buddy will be deciding abilities and equipment.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aegis wrote: »
    Were you holding down on the Right Mouse Button even by accident? I determined, after my own Clockwork Mage guy would sometimes roll when I was pretty sure I didn't press a direction key that if you have space held down and tap the Right Mouse Button for movement that you will in fact dodge.

Nope. I only use the right-click movement in towns because it's super unreliable in a fight. Double rolling sucks balls.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyway. I just got back from Target and picked up the display copy of this game. Seems they only got six total copies of the 360 version, and didn't expect it to sell well. But... six copies gone in the first two days. It's something at least.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyway. I just got back from Target and picked up the display copy of this game. Seems they only got six total copies of the 360 version, and didn't expect it to sell well. But... six copies gone in the first two days. It's something at least.

It doesn't seem to sell badly from early reports. It was the 8th most sold game in the UK last week.

It sells better than Alice: Madness Returns at least. Square Enix sales expectations for the title are 1 mill copies+ and it has good chances to meet them if this continues.

C2B on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Today's comic re:Co-op. Seems like they nailed it to me....
    i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Argh, after last patch Steam doesn't want to start the game anymore. Hope this gets fixed ASAP.

C2B on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I just fucking got that. Thanks steam, for retroactively making yet another game unplayable.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I just fucking got that. Thanks steam, for retroactively making yet another game unplayable.

Well its probably just as much Obsidians Fault. Between NV and DSIII they had now every problem with Steam imaginable.

C2B on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ehh, I guess I'm also flashing back to borderlands, which I played entirely solo without problem then all of a sudden a patch comes along and fixes the bug of being able to start up the game.

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hotfix is currently deployed

Hey all,

We're rolling out a fix right now. Sorry for the issues!

Edit: Its out.

C2B on
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guess what else it did?

Reverse the X-axis on the keyboard camera controls.

Gee, thanks.

EDIT: Also I love Katarina's ridiculous outfits.
    5BhBf.jpg

Xagar on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Xagar wrote: »
    Guess what else it did?

Reverse the X-axis on the keyboard camera controls.

Gee, thanks.

EDIT: Also I love Katarina's ridiculous outfits.
    5BhBf.jpg

Okay, seriously, did they really need to do this? The camera was shitty enough as it is without completely undoing my hours of getting used to it to make it passable.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow so... yeah. Now the camera is flipped. Now this game is even more annoying. Fuck this shit, really.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A lil video I made.

Warning: Spoilers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2u5-dPxXHc
    My first playthrough, on Hardcore, 100% (I think), as Katerina, was 10 hours flat.

Xagar on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A lil video I made.

Warning: Spoilers.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2u5-dPxXHc
    My first playthrough, on Hardcore, 100% (I think), as Katerina, was 10 hours flat.

Katerina is amazing. But I didn't see you using the buff that increases your critical hit chance and base damage! What were thinking?! With the talent that restores your power for every critical hit, you could keep that buff up constantly.

:(

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ten hours on hardcore?

:<

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And yet I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Odds are if it was longer I'd probably lose interest.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For some reason my playthrough had a few more hours tacked on, maybe I died a lot more? I was lucas.

and I was only on normal

Alucard6986 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Aegis wrote: »
    Okay, seriously, did they really need to do this? The camera was shitty enough as it is without completely undoing my hours of getting used to it to make it passable.

That was actually done after community request.

I myself needed around 17 hours for my first runthrough. The internal clock for the savegames by the way doesn't seem to work correctly.

C2B on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shouldn't the camera being inverted or not be a user config choice?

KiTA on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    C2B wrote:

Okay, if my camera is stuck this way permanently, I'm afraid I'm pretty much done with this game.
    KiTA wrote:
    Shouldn't the camera being inverted or not be a user config choice?

What blows my mind is that there's an option to invert the Y axis but not the X. I mean.....does one even look up in this game at all?

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    C2B wrote:

Okay, if my camera is stuck this way permanently, I'm afraid I'm pretty much done with this game.

Its not. Keybinding is coming with a patch soon. Either Friday or sometime next week if I understand correctly.

C2B on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nice, I can turn Katarina's rifle into a machine gun now :^:
    Also gave Anjali the Heaven's Leap or whatever ability. That shit is money... we'll be fighting mobs and suddenly "Anjali out of fucking nowhere!" crashing into the middle of them like a meteor.

Also, happy to report 4 hours into the game, Katarina has found herself a pair of pants.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Also, happy to report 4 hours into the game, Katarina has found herself a pair of pants.

Yes.
    :^:

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh, I have 30 hours playtime actually....somehow.

The internal clock seems...off.

Also I wasn't using Call of the Hunt during the fight with Jayne because I kept dying and I decided anything besides just the heal was a waste of power.
    Also, it kind of annoys me that it took me until the Crypts of the Sacred Blood to realize that power builds a lot when you use abilities. So, it's like:

attack->focus->power

Once I got that, I tended to do fights much more efficiently, cycling through the three stages.

Also, this game is quite speedrunnable, and I'm working on that now.

Xagar on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh, I have 30 hours playtime actually....somehow.

The internal clock seems...off.

It is. Go by Steam time.

C2B on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Steam time isn't accurate either. For example, I've had TF2 for four years, Civ V for one. It says I've played Civ V 150 hours, almost as much as I've played TF2.

And... that's just not true in the slightest.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    A/D Problems should be fixed now again.

Also, the game seems to be quite moddable so if anyone wants to give it a go

File Extractor

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6743

Post by Hank Morgan on SA

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3395248&pagenumber=35#post392935390
    Firstly you don't have to recompile the modified data into a fresh oaf file. If you have the files extracted just copy your modified file to [Dungeon Siege directory]\data\[path to file].
    For example the movement profiles file controls the player and npc movement and speed. So if you modified that file then save it to data\globals\movement_profiles it will override the version in the data file. There seems to be plenty of editable data there and a lot of it is in xml format. For instance it may be possible to edit the character classes to make custom classes or change the existing ones.

C2B on
  • Options
    hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Yes.
    :^:

...and here I thought heels and stockings was great swamp trudgin' gear.

hamdingers on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So...

The Dapper Old Gent is thirty-seven different kinds of bullshit. That fight is definintely crafted for multiple human players, not me and an AI. I decided to give up on the kill 50 guys cheevo...

It doesn't help that button inputs seem to queue, I guess? Cause I'm wailing on the attack button to try and destroy these tubes, suddenly... bullets! So now I'm wailing on the dodge button, but Katarina is locked in her attack animations. :x

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Whoever wrote the Cheevo list did not get the Couch Co-Op memo - so much 4 player stuff when this game does not lean that way.

Also the "Bro-Fist" and "Two Girls, One Boss" (wow, really?) achievements seem bugged. I've done one couch co-op and one SP and not gotten either. Unless the game is not clear about what a 'Boss' is.

hamdingers on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Re: the uh.. "thing" Two Girls One Boss gets it name from. My curiosity got the best of me a while ago, and I looked at it. It didn't phase me... is something in my brain broken?

As far as the cheevo goes, I wonder if when they say "Co-op" they mean online? It wouldn't make sense, but maybe thats why they didn't pop? I assume by "Boss" they mean like Rajani or Gent or something, not a random named enemy.

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So...

The Dapper Old Gent is thirty-seven different kinds of bullshit. That fight is definintely crafted for multiple human players, not me and an AI. I decided to give up on the kill 50 guys cheevo...

It doesn't help that button inputs seem to queue, I guess? Cause I'm wailing on the attack button to try and destroy these tubes, suddenly... bullets! So now I'm wailing on the dodge button, but Katarina is locked in her attack animations. :x

That fight was actually pretty easy with my Katarina&Anjali combo. Both pets drew enough aggro away and I was never in danger of dying + the design allowed for me to get away fast with dodge if I needed to heal and resummon. For the tubes themselves I only needed 2-3 heartseeking shots so it was a very relaxed experience.

C2B on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, half the problem for me was Anjali refused to move. She stayed in one spot, so every couple of seconds I had to run in a big circle to kite the guys and rez her. Sometimes I'd have to do multiple passes because as soon as I'd stop to heal her, the jerk would do his blue AOE attack right on her body...

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Re: the uh.. "thing" Two Girls One Boss gets it name from. My curiosity got the best of me a while ago, and I looked at it. It didn't phase me... is something in my brain broken?

As far as the cheevo goes, I wonder if when they say "Co-op" they mean online? It wouldn't make sense, but maybe thats why they didn't pop? I assume by "Boss" they mean like Rajani or Gent or something, not a random named enemy.

Well I did Rajani with Katarina and Anjali and didn't get it. If she's the first true boss than couch-coop may be enough, my partner and I haven't got that far yet.

While I'm nit picking (and that's all it is - I love this game) .... Jeyne Kassynder. Jeyne Kassynder Jeyne Kassynder Jeyne Kassynder Jeyne Kassynder. Look, we get it. She's the villian. Sometimes we say "Hitler" - we didn't spend all of WWII just saying his full name everytime we spoke of him.

hamdingers on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm noticing a lot of people playing as Katarina with Anjali. That's good. It's the right choice. :P

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm playing as Katarina for the first playthrough but will probably use Anjali on Hardcore. I haven't seen the other characters but Anjali definitely seems like she could be ridiculous if set up correctly.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    I'm noticing a lot of people playing as Katarina with Anjali. That's good. It's the right choice. :P

When I got Sir Boring... I mean Lucas I swapped out Anjali for him. That lasted until I hit my first mini-boss. After 2-3 retries of rezzing Lucas when he dies RIGHT NEXT TO THE BOSS .... Anjali was back in.

Kat is great! I'm not looking forward to a Lucas or Reinhart play through.

hamdingers on