As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA The Series: Season Finale

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey who was that guy that came in and
    Gave Mike the Happy Tiger
    ?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey who was that guy that came in and
    Gave Mike the Happy Tiger
    ?

I don't think it's necessary to spoiler that. The scene with that is like 1 minute long.

But no idea who is it.

The Infra on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Eh, it doesn't hurt anything to spoiler it. Who cares? It was just a simple question.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BoomShake wrote: »
    The Infra wrote: »
    Fandeathis wrote: »
    Margarazzi wrote: »
    I'm a girl so I cried at the end.

I'm like a guy in his mid-twenties and I also cried at the end. The whole episode was just so wonderful. I totally feel justified in wanting to have children one day, while most of those around me think it is a horrible idea for people in this day and age to have kids at all. (There is is this weird anti-marriage, anti-kid thing going around with people my age in LA. Well a lot of them anyway.)

I can't wait for the DVD.

I'm just shy of 23, on the east coast, and see a lot of the same thing.

Why exactly they say that "in this day and age" is a horrible idea to have kids? It's not like there's some kind of kid eating monster roaming around that wasn't before, or child mortality rates are off the charts

It seems to be a combination of "Well, 50% end in divorce anyway, so why bother" and the general sense of entitlement and independence created from being brought up in a self-esteem centered enviornment. "What? You want me to give up my freedom and youthful fun and gettin' shitfaced with the bros to raise a child? Are you mad?!"

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. People are telling me it's wrong to have children, because the world is over-populated, people telling me it is more "humane" to adopt, friends saying that I will inevitably get divorced, friends saying that I will throw away all my freedom and be a slave to some sort of beast-child.

It's like 90% of the people I know are absolutely terrified at the idea of marriage or children. I totally want to get married one day and raise a family!

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    link963link963 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    That was fantastic.

link963 on
  • Options
    BaravisBaravis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That was amazing. Phenomenal. I don't have the words. I think I teared up when that song at the end was playing.

This series was great; totally buying it.

Oh, and the last shot turning away from the PA mug was a great way to close the season.

Baravis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

I'm like a guy in his mid-twenties and I also cried at the end. The whole episode was just so wonderful. I totally feel justified in wanting to have children one day, while most of those around me think it is a horrible idea for people in this day and age to have kids at all. (There is is this weird anti-marriage, anti-kid thing going around with people my age in LA. Well a lot of them anyway.)

Why exactly they say that "in this day and age" is a horrible idea to have kids? It's not like there's some kind of kid eating monster roaming around that wasn't before, or child mortality rates are off the charts

It seems to be a combination of "Well, 50% end in divorce anyway, so why bother" and the general sense of entitlement and independence created from being brought up in a self-esteem centered enviornment. "What? You want me to give up my freedom and youthful fun and gettin' shitfaced with the bros to raise a child? Are you mad?!"

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. People are telling me it's wrong to have children, because the world is over-populated, people telling me it is more "humane" to adopt, friends saying that I will inevitably get divorced, friends saying that I will throw away all my freedom and be a slave to some sort of beast-child.

It's like 90% of the people I know are absolutely terrified at the idea of marriage or children. I totally want to get married one day and raise a family!

Those kinds of people are idiots and are being brainwashed into idiot values. I'm no expert in marriages and having kids and specially the bad relationships, but I've seen how it really should work and it's really not that big of a deal. I would say that 99% percent of the people who get divorced, don't want to get married, don't want kids or have bad relationships with their kids or parents is because of outside influences that control them into thinking the reality could be better but never do anything about it.

The Infra on
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

It blows my mind how so many people aren't just uninterested in getting married or having children, but are vehemently against it. You are literally creating life from practically nothing and nurturing the results to adulthood. You get to experience unconditional love, both giving and receiving. Sure, I'll admit it's not the cards for everyone in every situation, but there's no reason to come shit on our indescribably wonderful parade.

hi5, future fathers!

BoomShake on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Keep in mind, the number of marriages per person for people just get divorced over and over outnumbers the number for people who stay married for 50 years.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh goodness - discussion thread linked from the main page. Traffic incoming!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    End wrote: »
    Keep in mind, the number of marriages per person for people just get divorced over and over outnumbers the number for people who stay married for 50 years.

Yea, damn repeat divorcees. I'd really like to see statistics of unique hits.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    BaravisBaravis Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Jesus christ.

"Mommy, I don't feel happy."

Broke my heart.

Totally grok'ing that kid's sentiment. So many people don't accept males being that way where I live, family included. It's amazing to see that sort of display of emotion functioning in a family.

Baravis on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    great series

Fuga on
  • Options
    GuinnessGuinness Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Beautiful episode. Great production. <3 Penny Arcade and now feel better about being a 26 year old male American whose girlfriend is dying to get married and have kids.

Guinness on
  • Options
    quippleyquippley Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    was a pretty great episode. well done.

quippley on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thank you for this, everybody. Thank you for helping to make this a show, even if you're just a fan like I am.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    BongoBobBongoBob Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    I registered just to say that this was by far my favorite episode of PATV, contested only by the Childs Play and Drugs episodes. The whole episode was just so emotionally powerful.

Can't wait for the DVD and Season 2, keep up the good work :)

BongoBob on
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I watched and I cried. When you see people like Jerry and Mike at a convention, or even just read their shit on a website, you sometimes forget that they're, y'know, people. With lives and families and stuff.

Since watching this I've spent a great deal of time this morning thinking about whether or not I want to be a father some day. I mean, not now. No bloody way now. I'm 24 for Glod's sake, I can barely look after myself. But someday? Yeah, I think I'd very much like to be a dad, and if I'm even half as good at it as Jerry and Mike appear to be then I think I'll be doing a good job.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, that episode was awesome. Perfect closer to the season! Such great work and it's great hearing about their families. Having my own family it's cool to see their own.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    iaothiaoth Registered User new member
    edited July 2010

It blows my mind how so many people aren't just uninterested in getting married or having children, but are vehemently against it. You are literally creating life from practically nothing and nurturing the results to adulthood. You get to experience unconditional love, both giving and receiving. Sure, I'll admit it's not the cards for everyone in every situation, but there's no reason to come shit on our indescribably wonderful parade.

hi5, future fathers!

"Vehemently" is an interesting choice of words. :) Google VHEMT to see why I'm not getting kids. (Also I don't want to be responsible for another self-conscious intelligence having to struggle with the concept of mortality.)

This episode though, really pulled on my heartstrings. I can't pick a favourite part to quote or reference, it was a perfect whole from start to finish. Good job, guys. I think I'll really miss 2PP.

iaoth on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    you don't want to have children because you care about the environment? that is a stupid line of thought

The Infra on
  • Options
    NewbsNewbs King Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just wanted to say how great the series has been -- I've loved every minute of it! I'm looking forward to next season, whatever it might bring.

Also, I hope 2PP will keep us apprised of their future projects. You guys do fantastic work that really captured the spirit of what PA means to a lot of folks (or, me at least).

Cheers!

Newbs on
    Hi, I see that you're good at Centipede.
  • Options
    CayenCayen Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    hey all
    I registered today just to post in here about PA TV, and the Finale. Its an amazing run, thank you 2 player for capturing the daily lives of "Gabe and Tycho". This episode was both heartwarming and funny. The perfect capper for the season.
    Thanks

Cayen on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    iaoth wrote: »
    Google VHEMT to see why I'm not getting kids.

Pardon me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    Scarab83Scarab83 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Without a doubt, that was an amazing series. I've never seen such a heartfelt and genuine group of people before. I laughed a lot, and there were a couple times my manly heart gave a little twinge of emotion. Can't wait for Season 2.

Scarab83 on
  • Options
    DhalgrenDhalgren Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode was really hard to watch because my wife and I have been trying to have children for a few years now unsuccessfully. However, the content and production was awesome and I echo the feelings of other posters when they lament the fact that we will never be true friends with the awesome people that are Mike and Jerry.

And I still laugh that Mike named his kid Gabe.

Has there been an announcement that there will be a DVD? And what about pricing if so?

Dhalgren on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Did anyone discover why 2PP is leaving?

I'd say that it was rather brave of Mike and Jerry to let the cameras into their personal lives, indeed their homes. There's always an element online that will ridicule and deride anything with a shred of emotion, but that's thankfully absent on the PA forums. I know this series is screened a few months behind on GameTrailers, I shudder to think what some of the knuckle-draggers will say there. I know that the internet is hardly a "safe" place, but I'd like to think that this sort of personal exposition can be handled with respect and genuine appreciation by this community.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    iaoth wrote: »
    Google VHEMT to see why I'm not getting kids.

Pardon me while I retrieve my jaw from the floor.

Hehe, that shit is just comical.

As if the human race wouldn't die out long before the Earth did without their little movement.
    Dhalgren wrote: »
    Has there been an announcement that there will be a DVD? And what about pricing if so?

Khoo put some details re: the DVD up on his twitter: www.twitter.com/rkhoo
    Season 1 DVD Set will have TWO commentary tracks, subtitles to the eps, "lost episodes," deleted scenes - 4 Discs total I believe.
    i believe pricing will be $30

KalTorak on
  • Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That picture I can't post really made the episode for me. Great series, I can't wait for Season 2.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    This episode was really hard to watch because my wife and I have been trying to have children for a few years now unsuccessfully.

My heart goes out to you, man. My parents struggled for a really long time to have kids thanks to certain circumstances. One day though, against all odds, it worked and I began my journey. Four years later, flying in the face of probability, it happened again and I got a sister.

Don't lose hope.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    DhalgrenDhalgren Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This episode was really hard to watch because my wife and I have been trying to have children for a few years now unsuccessfully.

My heart goes out to you, man. My parents struggled for a really long time to have kids thanks to certain circumstances. One day though, against all odds, it worked and I began my journey. Four years later, flying in the face of probability, it happened again and I got a sister.

Don't lose hope.

Thanks for the kind words

Dhalgren on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    This picture made the episode for me. Great series, I can't wait for Season 2.
    [img][/img]

Khoo already asked Rent to take that image down. Maybe it should be in the OP not to post it.

This always gets me. It's one thing to choose not to have children but I can't imagine not being able to make the choice. My heart goes out to you, man.

I felt the same thing when I saw Scott holding Noah. You can see how much it made him happy, and I know if it was me in that situation I'd have a lot of trouble with those emotions. You're both amazing people.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    BroadwayAdrenalineBroadwayAdrenaline Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Registered just to say how much I enjoyed the series. I stayed away from watching PATV for a while b/c I couldn't imagine the stories being all that interesting but man was I wrong. It was awesome to get a look into the office family and behind the scenes of all the various PA-related events, but most of all it was cool to really see the personal bond between Mike and Jerry and very cool to see how they've grown through the years, the trials and tribulations they've been through, and how they've come out on the other side as loving Fathers and Husbands.

Awesome job to 2PP, Robert, and anyone else involved! I was blown away!

BroadwayAdrenaline on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    My friend just had a kid this morning. So this episode on kids and family is just blowing my mind!!

GREAT series. Loved every moment of it.

skettios on
  • Options
    irbdavidirbdavid Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Registered here just to say how ridiculously awesome that was. Great last episode, and the series as a whole too. Fantastic to see people how PA has evolved into much more than just a comic (not that there is anything wrong with "just a comic", but the charity work really is incredible). Looking forward to more!

irbdavid on
  • Options
    knytehawkkknytehawkk Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Another awesome episode.

As the father of four boys, I want to say right now how much I appreciate Mike and Jerry's sentiments on their sons. It's obvious that they are trying hard to raise their sons the best they can while trying to encourage them in every way possible.

What's funniest for me is seeing little "distilled pieces" of myself in each of my sons. They aren't carbon copies, but they have each latched on to a specific aspect of what makes me me and the results are terrifying, awesome, and really freakin intimidating because I have to try to wrangle four rogue copies of myself, each with a unique combination of things I think about myself and things I really don't like about myself. Then roll in mystery attributes from my wife and it's a non-stop rollercoaster of fun!

Chalk up another Season 1 DVD buyer right here.

knytehawkk on
  • Options
    BellwetherBellwether Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    <3

thanks pa

Bellwether on
  • Options
    KrentzKrentz Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hello to all the new people just registering thanks to the link on the main page. This is a pretty cool place, you guys should hang out for a while.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FnordalFnordal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Registered just to post my feelings on the whole series:

great.
    Maybe I should define "great" better, but why, since it gets the meaning through?

Waiting for series 2!

And guys.. I so envy your workplace. I mean, I have a terrific job myself, but your workplace is really something.. not even my first months at WotC had the awesomeness factor the Penny Arcade offices.

Fnordal on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fantastic episode. Fantastic series. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for giving us a glimpse into Penny-Arcade and your lives.

The DVD cannot come out fast enough.

Willeth wrote: »
    The problem with this show is that it's shown every one of these guys to be wonderful people and it makes me want to be best friends with them, but I know it'll never happen, and that is sad.

truer words.

Like remember when we where kids and we had career goals? "I want to be a fireman!" or "I want to be an astronaut!"

Well I'm 24 and I want to work at Penny-Arcade.

Bucketman on
This discussion has been closed.