As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Transmetrophallia: Of Press Conferences & Murder[Village Victory!]

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn son

Making votes is so damn aggressive

But if that darn'd inactivus is around I guess I'd have to vote for !Romanqwerty

Gumpy on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hello Gumpy

Look at your vote, now back to mine, now back to your vote, now back to mine.

Sadly, it isn't as good as mine, but if you stopped being inactive and started paying attention you could vote like me.

Look down, then back up. Where are you? You're in a phalla thread with the person you could be voting like.

What's in your hand, back to me, i have it. It's a vote for JaysonFour. Look again, it's now that thing you like...robots or something...

Anything is possible when you vote like a intelligent player and not an inactive.
    I'm on a horse.
    oldspice_horse.jpg

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look again!

THE VOTE IS NOW DIAMONDS!

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    JaysonFour

The old spice defence works for you this time Roman

This time

Gumpy on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn you Americans and your awsome adverts. We never got that in Australia, but I am now richer for having seen it.

Crumble on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crumble wrote: »
    Damn you Americans and your awsome adverts. We never got that in Australia, but I am now richer for having seen it.

They covered it on 'The Gruen Transfer'.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Crumble wrote: »

They covered it on 'The Gruen Transfer'.

I work night shift, so I don't get to watch much if any TV.

Crumble on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can't. Argue. With. Old Spice Guy.

He is so persuasive. Jaysonfour

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Farangu wrote: »
    The only thing about Fred Christ that should matter to you now is that he is dead

So, should we throw a party?

Hate

ooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOO

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    actually tempted to !Phyphor now

Gumpy on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crumble.

Gambling that his hour late vote edit is a rookie mafia mistake. Just so you know now: editing posts with a vote is not done in phalla. Perhaps you felt you had a reason to edit it.

Alegis on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !JaysonFour's dark secret is that he uses lady-scented body wash.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys, guys, guys... if you're going to vote for me, at LEAST tell me you have a better reason than "That nice man on the horse offered me some tickets for that thing I love that he turned into diamonds." It just makes me think there's something else going on here... because otherwise you guys just look... high on soap fumes.

I'll throw on a vote for roman until he starts making more sense.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Crumble.

Gambling that his hour late vote edit is a rookie mafia mistake. Just so you know now: editing posts with a vote is not done in phalla. Perhaps you felt you had a reason to edit it.

Point taken as to not editing posts with votes, I was just editing the way that I put it out there, rather than the names.

But I'm not mafia...

Crumble on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Guys, guys, guys... if you're going to vote for me, at LEAST tell me you have a better reason than "That nice man on the horse offered me some tickets for that thing I love that he turned into diamonds." It just makes me think there's something else going on here... because otherwise you guys just look... high on soap fumes.

I'll throw on a vote for roman until he starts making more sense.
    On day one you threw away your vote instead of your lady-scented body wash, !JaysonFour.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will stand by my abotkin vote from yesterday! Truth will out!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    barf, overslept

Crumble for the vote post edit. Which is a rookie mistake

OR

a ruse

but I'll still probably change this on my lunch break

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, now we know that Phyphor and jdark are masoned. And I know I'm sure not masoned.

jdarksun!

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Well, now we know that Phyphor and jdark are masoned. And I know I'm sure not masoned.

jdarksun!
    Wait, what?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »

jdarksun!
    Wait, what?

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »

jdarksun!
    Wait, what?

Go look at the timestamps on Phyphor & jdark's votes for abotkin.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    8 minutes apart

so?

Raneados on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !JaysonFour, that is EXACTLY WHAT SPIDER JERUSALEM WOULD SAY!

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, would you like to buy a pencil from my cup?

I find it odd that they'd both have decided at around the same time to spontaneously vote for abotkin.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That is silly reasoning. Watch

JaysonFour

Oh hey I'm clearly masoned with Erich Zahn now

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Except that abotkin wasn't on anybody's radar. Well, anybody except - apparently - yourself and jdark.

And why are you getting defensive? It's not like my vote was cast for you.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mmmm

flimsy

edit: ender maybe he's getting defensive because he doesn't want people getting killed to the vote when they're not bad?

you're allowed to care about the village you know

actually just because this is a pet peeve of mine i will vote for you
    you're allowed to be defensive of people that aren't yourself

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Ender

stupid edit tag, gotta double post blargh blargh

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You know you need to make another post for that vote to count, right?

Edit: Apparently so!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    man I'm not gonna publicly lambaste someone for voting with an edit tag and then vote with an edit tag

that is bush-league, sir!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    man I'm not gonna publicly lambaste someone for voting with an edit tag and then vote with an edit tag

that is bush-league, sir!

Well, yeah, but you may think that you made it in before the buzzer, as it were.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It doesn't actually matter if you voted for me or not, I'd say the same thing either way as it's the underlying reasoning I take issue with.

Masoned people tend to be very cautious about what they say and who they vote for relative to their partners. Given the huge amount of time in the day there's no reason why two masoned people would post their votes so close together at all really

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    it was probably influenced by the post, maybe he saw the latest post and was influenced to vote that way as well

masoned people tend to be a LOT more careful, yeah

Raneados on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've got no clue so I'll just vote for JaysonFour, at least he is old spice approved.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    *sigh* Let's think rationally, here. What proof do you have that I write anything besides what I'm supposed to?

Oh, some groundless bullshit from someone who's snorted so much Old Spice he thinks he's the guy on the horse.

Vote me if you must, but don't come whining to me when none of us have jobs anymore and Jerusalem's front-page news.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender is making some seriously odd accusations. The vote on me was terrible once Orange Soda actually ate the vote as a villager and the Phyphor/Jdark thing is ridiculous. But those seem like well intentioned mistakes.

Romanqwerty knows better than to throw out a bandwagon vote under the auspices of a popular meme and zero logic on day two. J4 is also seems to acquire votes easily for whatever reason making it a nice way to abrogate discussion. Also, I'm not really sure I believe that he didn't read the narration carefully enough to recognize that Duna wasn't the mafia's actual target. Doesn't sound like him at all.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Or maybe people just like a good Old Spice defence.

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, it wasn't like you were going to get voted out, and I wasn't comfortable being on the OS or Lucedes bandwagons (and, of course, the OS wagon wound-up hitting a villager. Go figure. Granted, a villager's almost always going to bite it on Day 1 anyway, but I don't really see a reason to jump all over 1 guy, grudges aside).

When I was running my spaceship phalla, I found that the masoned groups tended to vote in blocks, just a few minutes apart. Maybe that's not common, but I'm going with what I know.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ...That was just when we were deciding to mess with the vote. Normally, people don't do that for the exact same reasons you state. It's just silly when you could just wait a half an hour and have nothing linked back to you.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I don't think the voting in that phalla is indicative of normal behaviour, given their vote immunity and that we knew they were mafia

Phyphor on