templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    Turkson wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Yeah, it's been confirmed.

A.) I kind of don't like this, as it steals human thunder. Do they get anything out of the change?

Humans are getting an encounter power. +4 on a attack roll or a saving throw. You may use this after the roll has happened.

So Humans are getting the best out of this deal.

Holy shit! Suck on that, mythical people! Does that stack with action surge?

Oh god. Action surge was the only thing that made my low-level wizard bearable. (By mid-heroic he was fine.)

Imagine doubling down on your daily with action surge and that new human encounter power. Humans are their own warlords!

Also, heroes are so customizable that printed artwork may be the only tenable route. Ironically, you need so many monsters that I find printed artwork is the only affordable route for them.

I guess what I'm saying is I need to figure out an easier way of making stand-up artwork. Taping to pennies is a bit flimsy, though I haven't tried any kind of slotted base.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We've basically given up on monster minis at this point.

We have a system of index cards in stands with magnetic attachments for different size creatures. With paperclips to mark conditions.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    bombboybombboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have 2 players/DMs from my FLGS that participate in LFR and in my custom campaign that have a sizable collection of minis. Thank God for that because I started my collection and barely got anywhere before I priced myself out of it for the time being. :[

bombboy on
    XBL - BombBoyGT | PSN - BombBoyGT | Steam - BombBoy | BF4
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    streever wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    I'm not saying screw them for trying to make money... I'm saying screw the idea of offering a product that requires you bleed money out of people to sustain it.
    I don't recall a single set that was comprised of commonly used creatures. They all have been a couple commonly used creatures and a bunch of really specific creatures that aren't useful in day-to-day campaigns.
    That's why they don't sell. Only collectors are willing to throw a bunch of money away for stuff they won't use.

I agree--every pack I see seems to have a bunch of garbage & a goblin & an orc. Why not just make the goblins and orcs... have a few "greenskins" packs. You want an ettin? sorry. Just use an ogre and say, "it's an ettin"

is it wrong that I started to look at warhammer fantasy for my greenskins and multipacks of the same creatures? and tyrannids for creepy bug and abberant things?

The only problem with warhammer is typically the plastics come with way more than you need. Also there are a few holes in the line, been trying to figure out what would make a decent bugbear, for example.

There's a nice mind flayer head in the genestealer box that sometimes you can find in bulk online.

Edit: Also Reaper makes some pretty good metal stuff, for one-offs.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I ended up in a weekly Pathfinder game, but the DM also wants me to run a game every month (for about 3 or 4 sessions in a row). I don't care to run Pathfinder, but one of the players is a hardcore 3.5 holdout and the DM himself typically prefers Pathfinder. Really, the only way I can justify running 4E is that one of the players happens to prefer that. Works for me.

But I want to make it as satisfying as possible for the other two anyway. I don't have much experience with 3.5 or Pathfinder, but can anyone spare any tips on how I can appeal to these grognards with 4E?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Create custom rules for hinges.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You can tell them that if the DM wants you to run a game, you get to choose the system. And you choose 4E.

Either they don't want to play and you're off the hook or they'll play a few games, let go of their inane prejudice, and everyone can traipse happily into the beautiful land of 4E together.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I ended up in a weekly Pathfinder game, but the DM also wants me to run a game every month (for about 3 or 4 sessions in a row). I don't care to run Pathfinder, but one of the players is a hardcore 3.5 holdout and the DM himself typically prefers Pathfinder. Really, the only way I can justify running 4E is that one of the players happens to prefer that. Works for me.

But I want to make it as satisfying as possible for the other two anyway. I don't have much experience with 3.5 or Pathfinder, but can anyone spare any tips on how I can appeal to these grognards with 4E?

Tell them to stop playing a dead system and move on already. Or throw epic-level wizards at them who cast persistent time stop.

4E makes rogues, fighters, rangers, and all the rest of the non-caster classes better. The only classes who "suffer" are the dedicated casters, i.e. clerics, wizards, druids, and sorcerers, and that is where most of the 4E whining comes from. Instead of being able to "destroy all who oppose me! Mwuhahaha!" at high level like they used to, now their power levels are more in line with the rest of the party.

You're not going to convince the grognards of this though. All you can do is say, "I'm the DM, and this is what I'm running. It'll be fun, and I want you guys to play, but if you don't want to participate, it's your loss."

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
This discussion has been closed.