As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e PbP] A Dragon, A Princess, and Adventure [WORLD MAP]

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jamie moves up next to William and attacks the guard; however, he misses.

Move: Move to Q8
    Standard: Clever Strike vs. G2: 1d20+10 vs. AC = 12
    Ugh, thanks a lot Orokos.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I call jack dice.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In case everyone's been waiting for my turn, it's posted up above after Otter's - I missed anyways, so no changes to the map or anything.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    bratrbratr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry guys, did the grouse grind today. A hike up Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver, BC Canada.

I just got home, NPC actions coming up soon.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Guard to Jamie's left quickly crosses to back up the second guard who shifts a step back to avoid the blades of Prince William and Jamie. The cut left by William told the guard to stay out of reach. The two guards swung their long Halberds, the first Guard attempting to knock down Jamie and the second merely attempting to repay the blow he had taken.

"I'm going to take that sword from you and sell it, too bad you won't be alive to see it." The guard sneers as he wounds William exactly as William had wounded him.

William takes 5 damage.

The guard attempting to knock down Jamie is not nearly as successful. His blow, though powerful, is fairly easily dodged by Jamie. Perhaps he should have taken a step closer.

(Correction on the map, it was Guard 2 not 1 that was injured.)

Map

Update: Map now shows bloodied status as well, I'm really liking what I can do with excel.

Initiative order:
    Guard 1
    Guard 2
    William
    Bandit 1
    Bandit 2
    Beserker
    Erdan
    Otter
    Jamie
    Zellan

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bump: waiting for Alkey42, will post bandits turn if he doesn't post today,

bratr on
  • Options
    Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    William falls back next to Zellan and his battle hymn reaches a crescendo, :whistle:they said it was madness, he replied THIS IS SOUTH KINGDOM:whistle:

Move to M7
    Standard: Inspiring Refrain vs Bezerker's AC : 1d20+8 17 Hit! 2d8+4 12 Damage and party (except me) gets +1 to attack rolls until EOMNT.

Jamie should be able to flank with me on his next turn. Lets focus on K, he's easy to hit and can do a lot of damage if we let him live too long. I hope the guards don't have threatening reach so I don't provoke an OA.

Stats:
    HP 18/29 17AC 14Fort 15Ref 16Will

Commander's Strike
    [strike]Inspiring Refrain[/strike]
    Majestic Word
    Majestic Word

Slayer's Song

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The injured bandit did not look back, he needed to get away from the the elf with those piercing eyes. He couldn't hide from him and those arrows were painful. His wounds throbbed as he rushed towards the safety of the more dense forest to the west. The other bandit however did not play coward. The wizard may laugh at his throwing arm, but he wouldn't be laughing with a blade through his heart.

"I'm coming for yah Shorty!" he yelled and rushed headlong at Otter. Unable to get flank anyone he'd settle for cutting up the weakest looking guy of the lot. He swung hoping to daze the gnome, but his blow is easily dodged by the agile gnome.

Bandit 1 to K5
    Bandit 2 to B7

Attack by Bandit 1

The Beserker now starting to get surrounded welcomes the arrival of the Bandit.

"Come On, help me finish them off."

The huge brute of a man swings his greataxe at Zellan, who catches the blow on his shield, which absorbs the terrifying blow.

"Aargh" the beserker lets out a yell of dismay.

Beserker roll

Map

Initiative order:
    Guard 1
    Guard 2
    William
    Bandit 1
    Bandit 2
    Beserker
    Erdan
    Otter
    Jamie
    Zellan

bratr on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So are we using initiative blocks? Or going in strict order?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Crimson PhantomCrimson Phantom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Erdan stands his ground, quickly removing the tips from two of his arrows he launches both of them at the wounded bandit. one of them bounces off of a tree mere inches behind him. The other slams into his temple with full force, the thick arrow knocks the bandit over and his head hits a rock as he falls to the ground knocking him unconscious!

Standard: Twin Strike 1d20+9 = 19; 1d20+9 = 10. Hit, Miss 3 damage.
    Hunters Querry: 1d8 = 7 damage
    Bandit be dea---unconscious!

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    FYI I like blocks for pbp. It is not like it makes a lot of difference and it speeds things up Which is a good thing.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We can definitely do blocks. I'll need a little help on deciding how these blocks will work. or how big they are going to be.

also for this fight I'm wondering whether just not sticking all the NPC's together or something, but for now its

Initiative order:
    Guard 1
    Guard 2
    William
    Bandit 1
    Bandit 2
    Beserker
    Erdan
    Otter
    Jamie
    Zellan

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The way it works is PCs can go in any order in between NPC turns.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Basically, like, see how Erdan, Otter, Jamie, and Zellan are in a row? They could go in any order.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yea, I'm ok with that. Although I do think that if we do this if someone has a plan that needs certian things done they gotta speak up so we can work together.

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well I like the idea, as soon as this turn finishes we'll switch to that, I just want to give Kilroy and Mightyjongyo a chance to comment and agree before we switch to blocks.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yea, initiative blocks sounds like a great idea to me.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm fine with initiative blocks.

Otter quickly steps to the side and begins focusing power through the polished orb in his hands. The air grows warm as streams of fire streak toward the two guards, exploding as they hit the ground.

Move: Shift to L7
    Free: Orb of Imposition
    Standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation* centered at P9

vs Guard 1's reflex: 1d20+4=9 Miss!
    vs Guard 2's reflex: 1d20+4=24 Crit! 10 force damage and he is knocked prone
    vs Berserker's reflex: 1d20+4=12 Miss!

The dark green zone on the map is now on fire. Enemies that move into it or start their turn there take 2 fire damage. It lasts until the end of my next turn.

Encounter Arcane, Fire, Force, Implement, Zone
    Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares

Target: Each creature in burst

Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex

Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifier force damage, and you knock the target prone.

Effect: The burst creates a zone of licking flames that lasts until the end of your next turn. Each enemy that enters the zone or starts its turn there takes 2 fire damage.

Orb of Imposition: You can extend the duration of this effect, even though it is not an at-will power. If you do so, the area expands to burst 3 and doesn’t affect you or your allies.

Published in Arcane Power, page(s) 102.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey Zellan, wanna go before me and be next to someone so that I can get CA?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Move to O5 and you would be flanking the Zerker with William.

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Doh, I can't read maps.

Jamie moves to flank the Berserker, maneuvering behind him. He stabs viciously at him, scoring a devastating hit.

Move: move to O5
    Standard: Sly Flourish on Berserker: 1d20+8=16+2 = 18 I assume that's a hit? 23 damage

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, preparing to move back to campus, so been busy.

Zellan takes a mighty swing at the berserker and connects. A hit! His elation at finally hitting gives him renewed strength.

Bolstering strike vs. Berserker AC: 1d20+4+1 = 19, hit! 1d10+2 = 8, Zellan gains 2 THP.

Updated the map with movement/damage

Zellan's stats:
    HP: 18/29, 2 THP
    AC: 20, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 14

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The two guards, realizing that the leader of the group has become surrounded and is badly injured, quickly move in to help. The guard that arrived form the north flanks Jamie, hoping to persuade him from attacking the boss again. The second guard however cannot chase down William because he is lying face down, knocked down from the wizards fiery blast.

"Don't move away from me, fight fair, who do you think you are ignoring me? A Prince?!" The guard yells as he runs forward.

EDIT WILLIAM DOES NOT TAKE DAMAGE!

The guard flanking Jamie swings, certain that he will hit, instead his halbered swings wide of the rogue.

"WH-A-?" he exclaims, green eyes going wide as dinner plates.

Guard 1's amazing miss
    I forgot to add the +2 for flanking/CA but it doesn't matter it would still miss.

The guards have incredible attacking ability

Map

Initiative order:
    Guard 1
    Guard 2
    William
    Bandit 1
    Bandit 2
    Beserker
    Erdan
    Otter
    Jamie
    Zellan

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    William feeling weary from battle steels himself and summons a reserve of stamina, shouting "HUZZAH!" majestically. Then he attacks striking through a gap in the Bandit leader's armor cutting deep and slicing through a strap holding his armor in place. Exposing his side to further attacks.

Guiding Strike vs K's AC: 1d20+8 28 Crit! 12 Damage and K's AC is reduced by 2 until EOMNT
    Majestic word on myself and I choose not to slide. I gain 11hp and am no longer bloodied.

Ok He's flanked, bloodied, and -2, pull that sucker down! Maybe the rest will run, or be closer to running once their leader drops.

Stats:
    HP 22/29 17AC 14Fort 15Ref 16Will

Commander's Strike
    [strike]Inspiring Refrain
    Majestic Word[/strike]
    Majestic Word

Slayer's Song

Alkey42 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The bandit that still remains standing senses an advantage and flanks the Paladin swinging to daze the Paladin. Yet despite catching the Paladin off guard he swings wide, missing Zellan completely

Bandit attack

The Beserker, bloodied, tastes blood dripping from his nose. His skin feels burnt and he can barely stand. The taste of blood fills his mouth and the smell of blood fills his nose. Adrenaline gives him a burst of energy, with yell he attacks Zellan twice, threatening to fell him completely.

((Free action: Basic Melee +4 and +1d6 damage when first bloodied.))

Roll I hope someone checks my roll the attack says to use a basic melee with a +4 bonus to the attack.

Zellan took the blows like a man, but the two attacks were too much, in addition the beserker had the strength of two men as a result of his rage. Zellan slips into unconsciousness. As the world dims he sends a desperate prayer to his God.

Zellan takes 28 damage. and drops to -8

Sorry Zellan.

Bandit: AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Beserker: AC 15, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 14
    Guard: AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14

Up next: everyone but William, in any order.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Come on people save Zellan.

Can a heal check raise his hitpoints or only stabilize him?

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I believe that 15 or better will stabilize, and 10 or better lets him do a second wind. So a standard action heal check will allow Zellen to get back in the fight fairly quickly.

Edit: So this means it's our groups time to go, just post as you can right?

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    thats right, also William can go as soon as you are all finished, he doesn't have to wait for the guards

He will be in the same initiative block as them in other words.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey bratr, can we keep the enemies stats in your posts when you play them. It helps so we don't have to go back and forth trying to figure out if we hit or not.

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    NOTE: I forgot to mention that all NPC's except the bandit took another 2 damage from Otters AoE fire.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey bratr, can we keep the enemies stats in your posts when you play them. It helps so we don't have to go back and forth trying to figure out if we hit or not.

Sure sorry, keep reminding me to things like that.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Noticed another error, Guard 2 was knocked prone, he could not attack William. Sorry about that William add 7 back to your health

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Erdan runs closer to the bandit but stops when he sees him fell Zellen so quickly. Stopping Erdan launches an arrow at the berserker and curses as it flies past him and buries itself in a tree. "Don't forget the prince wants them alive" he mutters to himself as he removes the tip of his next arrow, sighting down he takes a second before letting the arrow fly. It lands right between the berserker's eyes knocking him out.

Move: Move to (J,10)
    Standard: Twin Strike: 1d20+8 = 15; 1d20+8 = 11 vs Berserker's AC Hit, Miss. 5 Damage
    Hunters Querry: B1, G2, K are all same distance, choose K. 1d8 = 8

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    As the leader of the bandits sinks to his feet he yells out a plea to the Prince.

"Don't kill me, don't turn me in. I can tell you about the dragon, I swear."

The Berserker sinks into unconsciousness.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Erdan smiles and thanks the ancients for his skill with the bow

Crimson Phantom on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    bratr wrote: »
    NOTE: I forgot to mention that all NPC's except the bandit took another 2 damage from Otters AoE fire.

Damn right they did. 8-)

I'll post my turn in the morning. I am way too tired tonight.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    By all appearances the guards still wish to defend their fallen leader and are still hostile.

bratr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Jamie makes a lunge at the guard nearest him, hitting him soundly. He immediately returns to a guarded position, prepared to defend himself, and takes a step back.
    Standard: Guarded Attack on G1: 1d20+9 vs. AC = 21 assume that's a hit!, 16 damage
    If the target makes a melee attack against me before the start of my next turn, I can make a secondary attack against it as an immediate interrupt: 1d20+7 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to the triggering attack roll.
    Move: shift to O6

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ooouch. Do I need to make a death save or something like that?

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ok, going to retcon using majestic word on myself. Current HP is 18/29

Zellan you will have to do a death save, but I can bring you back with a minor action on my turn. No worries. You will loose a turn but with Erdan one-shotting things and the zerker down I think we are doing ok. Also if anybody is good at intimidate you can try to bully the last one or two into surrendering if they seem like they have lost thier resolve to fight.

Map

Bad Guys:
    Bandit1: AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12 0 damage
    Bandit2: AC 16, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12 Unconscious
    Beserker: AC 15, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 14 Unconscious

Guard1: AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 18 damage
    Guard2: AC 18, Fort 16, Ref 15, Will 14 7 damage

Stats:
    HP 18/29 17AC 14Fort 15Ref 16Will

Commander's Strike
    [strike]Inspiring Refrain[/strike]
    Majestic Word
    Majestic Word

Slayer's Song

psst..O6 is the corpse and considered difficult terrain, so Jamie can't shift there unless shifting more than one square or some other special ability, or acrobatics check.

Alkey42 on