As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Changing my plum vote to Fiaryn due to the kitteh poast restriction placed on him in past lives.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ha, ha, Yeah !Fiaryn

durax on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I recall Rawkk being TRIPLE KILLED that game and my eating arrows as a Neutral survivor when I thought I was village.

Hurray?

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !AlyceinWonderland who's been in one phalla to my knowledge and got killed off early, but at least we got her a win!

I'm not nominating a reveal tonight as I would inevitably end up trying to pimp my own reveal as Captain Black in Spectrum Phalla HINT HINT

Plum has to be !Fiaryn because he is OTT in a good way, as opposed to a bad way (light the ___ ___ signal and all that ).

Wildcat on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnage Phalla!

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was killed by about 5-6 people in one night, once. The 'Pirates Always Lie' Phalla, I think.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnage Phalla of course

Phyphor on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    I was killed by about 5-6 people in one night, once. The 'Pirates Always Lie' Phalla, I think.
    Isn't it fun? :P

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !Burnage Phalla

!Fiaryn

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kime wrote: »
    Kay wrote: »
    Isn't it fun? :P
    It's better to kill 1 person 3-4 times a night.

Isn't that right, kime?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnage Phalla?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Getting killed 3-4 times is only half a kime

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    !BURNAGE PHALLA
    !Ringo's reveal of me as a "neutral" in PhallaGAGA
    was pretty cool, since I wanted him to reveal me as a "mafia" instead. It ended up with him still eating the vote (because he revealed me as a neutral instead of mafia for some reason), and then I revealed as KIME and won as the village idiot. :lol:
    !God-Emperor
    !Spectrum
    ALWAYS dies too early. SPEC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn this had to be going on when I don't have regular bowl m.... internet conection.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !The faction head reveal in Phallakinetic

Ps Phallakinetic is nominated for all awards

Gumpy on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnage phalla

Fiaryn

I wish I could make nominations but I have a terrible memory/stop following the threads if I die day 1 like I have recently.

Sorry guys!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    !Spectrum ALWAYS dies too early. SPEC NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

He really never gets a chance to shine anymore.

Egos on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Are you all excited? I'm excited...

Burnage on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum needs to tell me how to use nyoro~n right, apparently.

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Day Four: A nightmare to remember

The awards ceremony takes a strange turn tonight. The bartender's eyes seem a bit more glazed over than they have on previous nights, his movements a little bit more awkward. That drink he served you tasted kind funny, too... You think you feel a hand grasping your shoulder several times, but it's just your imagination.

Isn't it?

You take a seat, and the entire theatre dissolves. A new, horrifying scene rapidly replaces it in your vision - your arm rests have turned into tentacles, the walls are made of bone, and there's a vampire tearing the crotch off somebody in front of you. This can only mean one thing.

It's Burnage's turn to host.

He appears in a flash at the theatre's microphone, smiling calmly.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he begins; "I trust you're all enjoying the proceedings so far? Our friend Daius was scheduled to be hosting tonight, but due to an unfortunate glove-based incident at a patent office he is, for the time being, recuperating."

Burnage pauses, and brushes... something... off his gloved hand.

"And now, for the awards. To absolutely nobody's surprise, and in an entirely unrigged contest, the "Memest Meme" award goes to... Burnage Phalla!"

Silence for a few moments. Then screams. Then the sound of hesitant, nervous applause.

"I am so glad that you're appreciative of my victory. Good. On a less happy note, it has come to my attention that involving you all in tales of tentacle abuse, demonic subterfuge, glovefucking, and artificial intelligences gone awry is apparently not enough to earn the title of "Over the top". I am disappointed in your judgement. All of you. Every single one. Think about what you've done here. With that said, the winner of our second award tonight is someone who is very dear to the berserker in all our hearts. The "Most Over the Top Player" award goes to... Fiaryn!"

The audience's applause echoes in a suitably over-the-top fashion.

"And so we come to the final award to be announced tonight. Who amongst us did we find the most sweet and innocent? The one who might - horror of horrors - cause us to pause before using that cattle prod upon their delicate body? I am moderately pleased to announce that The "Most Vulnerable" award goes to... Daniant!"

Burnage paused yet again, giving him a brief moment to set fire to the front row. The audience had wondered where the faint smell of gasoline was coming from.

"Now, the nominations for today's award, The Best or Most Exciting or Coolest or Most Epic Role Claim or Reveal (The "IT IS I, INACTIVUS" Award):
    • Delphinidaes the cabbage seller
    • Burnage, for being a secret co-host in Past Lives
    • B:L's reveal as Stan Lee in Marvel phalla

Vote for one of these in red today!
    Today's nominations are for Best Or Closest Game Ending (The "We Had It All Along!" Award)! Nominate games in lime.
    Today's bonus award is suitably Burnage-esque; Most Chaotic Day! Vote for this award in plum."

Burnage nodded, and nearly turned to leave. But then -

"One final thing. The winner of today's Most Exploded Award is ... B:L!"

A startled cry was heard from the audience, before the deafening explosion filled the room. Bizarrely, there was only one casualty.

Today's Dead
    B:L - award nominee, death by explosion

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    Burnage nodded, and nearly turned to leave. But then -

"One final thing. The winner of today's Most Exploded Award is ... B:L!"

A startled cry was heard from the audience, before the deafening explosion filled the room. Bizarrely, there was only one casualty.

Today's Dead
    B:L - award nominee, death by explosion
    Never EviloooOoOOooooOoooooo...

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    Today's bonus award is suitably Burnage-esque; Most Chaotic Day! Vote for this award in plum."

That's got to be either Montauk day 2 or day 3

gonna go with Montauk Day 3 , in which we tried to get our stolen abilities from romanqwerty back who disappeared from the game along with 3 others

Alegis on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I shall begin stuffing the ballot box in my favor.

The Man Phalla - Which was both very close and suitably graphic. I'm not sure if anyone got the double entendre of the narration's title?

The Man Phalla - Day 2, if only because the village went from having all 3 of the Mafia miraculously sniped on Day 1 and every villager still alive (one mafia member surviving due to having 2 extra lives) to More than half of the village self-destructing.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That wasn't so much chaos as it was everyone sending in an attack order

montauk is where it's at

Alegis on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnage that is why I have an altar to you in my closet.

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Delphinidaes for cabbages

Phallakinetic Armageddon
    for ending

obligatory phallakinetic nomination

Alegis on
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll start out by voting for Delph. I'm going to have to do research for the rest.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PhallaKinetic Armageddon

One person changing their orders forced the entire narration to be re-written

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm so mad that I missed that game. Prelude to Phallakinetic was my first Phalla ever and I still have a chip on my shoulder after the first Phallakinetic main.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Phall Effect felt like it was closer than it had any right to be. Granted this is me spicing up the nominees.

Delph

Egos on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember that one! That was the one where I was an Asari Matriarch and didn't trust the network so I kept self-guarding, only for the network to murder me. Imagine if I'd actually gotten in contact with the network...

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm gonna have to go with musical chairs

it was so close, it was a tie

and delph

and montauk day 1

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Eh that was complicated, there were splinter networks.

That was samurai's ex-goon squad that went after you. The fact that samurai was ok with killing you. Eh I don't get why they still went after you.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, for most chaotic day I am going to go with Day 1 of Phallakinetic: The New Renegade. I believe that day had three or four cycles of big bandwagons forming, the person being bandwagoned epic revealing, and then a new bandwagon forming on somebody else. That day had to set the record for most epic reveals in one day.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    B:L

Courtesy nomination for those mafia fuckers in Phalla Phalla, although they really don't deserve it.

Montauk Day 1

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    for me I have to say Persona class a felt like the days were made needlessly complicated by either people jumping to conclusions or meta baggage.

edit: have to decide what day..

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll nominate !Phalla Phalla because the mafia there really deserved it, winning despite the game being heavily village favored.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    I'll nominate !Phalla Phalla because the mafia there really deserved it, despite the game being heavily village favored.
    We've been over this, but no it really wasn't. :|

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Boondocks Saints! came down to 1 mafia, 2 specials, and a vanillager who needed them all dead. Only one survived. (A newbie for the LOLs of things).

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Delp the Cabbage Man
    Day 3 of the Last Phallabender, when the village just realized how screwed they were.

And all the cool kids are doing it, so...
    D&D&[mini]Phallas!

Most of the mafia died early, and the remaining two almost lost to the Munchkin-y serial killer. Their whole team was surprised that they pulled it off, but they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat!

Capfalcon on