Options

Dragon Quest: A Wild DQ XI has appeared...on 3DS and PS4...and NX?!?

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I ordered DQ8 on 3DS earlier, and I'll be buying DS11 on 3DS if it comes out here. I like my rpgs on handhelds.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I ordered DQ8 on 3DS earlier, and I'll be buying DS11 on 3DS if it comes out here. I like my rpgs on handhelds.

Which is a reason I can't wait for DQ11 on the Switch.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Checked out some DQH2 reviews. Most seem to be in agreement that it isn't as good as the first one, but it isn't too bad. Main complaints seem to be the dumbing down of the strategy aspect with the monsters you collect, and some crappy missions. There's apparently a stealth mission D:

Overall it sounds like some sweet DQ Musou action, and I think I'mma pick it up today.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Checked out some DQH2 reviews. Most seem to be in agreement that it isn't as good as the first one, but it isn't too bad. Main complaints seem to be the dumbing down of the strategy aspect with the monsters you collect, and some crappy missions. There's apparently a stealth mission D:

Overall it sounds like some sweet DQ Musou action, and I think I'mma pick it up today.

Did you try the demo?

also i'ma only has one m for cryin' out loud quit misusing yer ms or they'll be taken away and then no one will have any ms to m with

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Shouldm Im trym them demom? I figure the gameplay is p. similar to the first one.

Also, you're not the M Czar in charge of all the Ms! I don't have to listen to you!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I am in fact the M Czar

i have the tshirt to prove it NO MORE MS FOR YOU

yeah the demo is pretty much just the fighting. you get to explore one area, then fight a mini boss then fight a mega boss. it was pretty dull; you don't get to look at character skills or equip anything at all.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Did they change the camera in the second one? For some reason when I was playing the demo the camera felt different.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Did they change the camera in the second one? For some reason when I was playing the demo the camera felt different.

well I couldn't find a way to control it at all if that's what you mean. but yeah it did feel pretty off.

• Options
    H , well, that's probably to be expected in a de o. Reviews are sounding alright, and I like how the ain characters can switch classes and stuff now. I' a still probably going to pick it up tonight.

Holy shit! You really are the Czar... y key doesn't work now, how you do this?!

• Options
    H , well, that's probably to be expected in a de o. Reviews are sounding alright, and I like how the ain characters can switch classes and stuff now. I' a still probably going to pick it up tonight.

I'd explain but it involves math

• Options
    OH HELL WAIT A MINUTE

DQH2 finally has online co-op! maybe I will keep mine

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular

Would you like to buy some pitchforks?

• Options
    Oh neat!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    OH HELL WAIT A MINUTE

DQH2 finally has online co-op! maybe I will keep mine

It has co-op, but it sounds a bit janky. You can only play co-op on missions you've already completed, and it kicks you back to your game every time you complete a co-op mission. The host has to re-invite you every time.

Edit: I hacked your math and got my M key back :P

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    SONUVA

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My question is are we getting a DHQ2 version that has all the DLC included that was released in Japan like we did with DQH1?

Well, barring the extra stuff that they're putting out now for the combo package for the Switch with DQH1/2.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    My question is are we getting a DHQ2 version that has all the DLC included that was released in Japan like we did with DQH1?

We did?

• Options
    The only DLC I recall for DQH1 was the Goo weapon pack.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The only DLC I recall for DQH1 was the Goo weapon pack.

I guess, from reading around, there was a bunch more for DQH1 but it was released in Japan only and included on the disk for the US. I guess like a good amount of the characters were DLC.

For DQH2, all the DLC they released in Japan was free so it should be free here as well.

Also, looks like the co-op stuff is special high level Horde and Big Boss fights that get you rare and powerful stuff. So that sounds neat!

• Options
    Yes, many of the extra map quests from the original DQH1, Psaro, and most of the end game big boss fights, were DLC that were released over time in JP, but were included right on the disc for international release.

I'm hoping they'll do the same for DQH2. No time release, just have it all right there on the disc.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Yikes, if DQH2 isn't as good as one that doesn't bode well. I enjoyed DQH for a very brief period and I REALLY wanted to love it.

• Options
    Yikes, if DQH2 isn't as good as one that doesn't bode well. I enjoyed DQH for a very brief period and I REALLY wanted to love it.

All the reviews I read said it was good but not as good. They do have big open world areas to explore plus you can turn into monsters in this one.

But the "strategy" they mostly say is missing wasn't there for me in the first one so maybe I will like this more.

• Options
    I mostly play DQ games for nostaligia elements. I really enjoyed the first game, and as far as musou games go, it was very palatable. The fact that it took only 70-80 hours to platinum compared to most Dynasty Warrior games requiring 200-300 is a benefit.

Strategy even in the first game for the final bosses mostly boiled down to "Get Terry to 99. Get his ATK as high as possible. Get all of his skills that do more damage and raise his tension rate. Spam attack until tension, spam tension mode until you run out."

I mean, I guess you could play it legit, but some of those fights are extremely difficult. As long as I get to slay familiar DQ enemies, I'm in heaven for enjoying this game.

• Options
    DQH2 doesn't really feel like the first game at all. It's less like a DQ themed Warriors game, and more like a DQ themed clunkier version of Final Fantasy 15.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I find everything about it much improved from the first game.

First and foremost characters learn a lot of abilities and you pick which 4 you want to equip.

The MCs can have four this time as well, X is no longer dedicated to Zoom. Zoom is just an option in the menu you can use no matter who you're controlling.

• Options
    Yes, many of the extra map quests from the original DQH1, Psaro, and most of the end game big boss fights, were DLC that were released over time in JP, but were included right on the disc for international release.

I'm hoping they'll do the same for DQH2. No time release, just have it all right there on the disc.

Nope. It's going to be released weekly starting June 2nd.

• Options
    Yeah, I like 2 A LOT more than the first. The Wild Zones are really fun to run around in and hunt up critters (I just wish the treasures were actually worth it) and there's a lot more strategy involved with the monsters for me now. The boring "protect this spot or person" missions are still in there sadly.

Plus the free DLC weapons are weak, but still pretty neat since they give you extra special abilities like the sword that hits metal slimes easier. Plus they look awesome.

I got my first magic map for a co-op area and I'm pretty excited to try it.

• Options
    I dunno, I think I like the first one better. It being a Warriors game is the main draw for me, and 2 doesn't really have that badass feel of wading into armies of mooks and obliterating them. Though I didn't get too far last night, so maybe it gets better.

• Options
    Just wait. There's an all out war mission coming up where the entire battlefield mini map is a sea of red dots.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Yeah, I like 2 A LOT more than the first. The Wild Zones are really fun to run around in and hunt up critters (I just wish the treasures were actually worth it) and there's a lot more strategy involved with the monsters for me now. The boring "protect this spot or person" missions are still in there sadly.

Plus the free DLC weapons are weak, but still pretty neat since they give you extra special abilities like the sword that hits metal slimes easier. Plus they look awesome.

I got my first magic map for a co-op area and I'm pretty excited to try it.

And they even thought to include a system to give your current weapon the look of a different one.

• Options
    I dunno, I think I like the first one better. It being a Warriors game is the main draw for me, and 2 doesn't really have that badass feel of wading into armies of mooks and obliterating them. Though I didn't get too far last night, so maybe it gets better.

we'll do a co-op, beat up on many monsters

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Got far enough (not very) in to the game to get Maribel and Ruff.

Glad to see Maribel keeps her incredibly stuck-up attitude from VII here. Apart from Boomerangs not being my favourite weapon type either, and casters generally being squishy, I'll only use her to pop her coup de grace for the trophy, and unlock any areas that require a casting of Frizz.

Then she's perma-benched until I need to unlock the last few trophies for the platinum.

I hate her so much.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    I REALLY hate the Wand weapon. It's so dang slow. Whip is nice but you're pretty immobile. Claws are the Way and the Light but you lose track of yourself easily.

Bows are BIZZARE. They have tracking shots and... that's it, you just hammer light attack and you can take out anything from afar but if you press heavy all of a sudden you somersault all over the joint.

Yesterday was Metal Slimes Day and I caught six of them. <3

• Options
    So, for co-op maps and goodies, my PSN is in my sig. I don't think I have anyone from PA on my list, so have at!

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Maribel continues to be better than her haters, just sayin'.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    So, for co-op maps and goodies, my PSN is in my sig. I don't think I have anyone from PA on my list, so have at!

Mine is just Magic Pink. I'll add you on tonight if I remember.

I'm not a huge fan of Maribel but I do absolutely adore that she's not ANOTHER fucking female Japanese stereotype.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I think it's hilarious that she uses boomerangs in Heroes since she can't equip them in 7.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Man my only complaint with Builders is that the days seem way too short. It feels like if I do any upgrades on my town that means I have to go straight to sleep or risk having to deal with those annoying ghosts.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Man my only complaint with Builders is that the days seem way too short. It feels like if I do any upgrades on my town that means I have to go straight to sleep or risk having to deal with those annoying ghosts.

I never slept at all in Builders.

get on my level :D

• Options
    If anyone is curious about unlocking other classes or unlocking chests.
    You'll eventually (story gated) get quests for Gladiator and Sage when you get Warrior and Monk or Mage and Priest to level 20.

Getting Thief to 20 gets you a key for the locked chests.