As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sea-Tac Arrivals and Meetups?

journies_endjournies_end Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
Seeing the airport-to-downtown Light Rail info thread prompted me to make an Airport Arrival thread so if anyone wanted meet and greet and ride the Light Rail (a 40 min trip so I've gathered), share a taxi, catch a bus, hitch a ride, or just say "hi" they can post their airport arrival times and transportation info here.

Monday Arrivals
1:00 AM - SamJackson (staying with family)
10:00 AM - orbdep

Tuesday Arrivals
7:05 PM - Decius, Air Canada
11:30 PM - punzie, Continental Airlines 467 (staying overnight in the airport)

Wednesday Arrivals
TBA - punzie
9:05 AM - Rayman (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center Sheraton)
10:43 AM - MarsChelios, Delta 2629 (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center Sheraton)
1:00 PM - BrennaCeDria (+2)
1:00 PM - itchbay
1:56 PM - lemongrenades, Frontier Airlines 0833 (Light Rail downtown to the Green Tortoise in Pike's Place)
7:45 PM - imp22b, American Airlines 326 (Light Rail to Convention Center Sheraton)
9:00 PM - Atalla (Light Rail to Baroness Hotel)
10:00 PM - <Omicron-8643>
11:00 PM - aragorn18 (picking up a friend via car, offering a ride through downtown)
11:30 PM - Losar

Thursday Arrivals
8:58 AM - mspencer, Delta 2253
10:00 AM - BlackDragon480, Frontier 847 (Light Rail to Convention Center Sheraton)
10:29 AM - mentok1982, Alaska Airlines 21: Boeing 737 (5th Ave. Red Lion)
10:45 AM - KnifeySpoony (Light Rail to 5th Ave. Red Lion)
11:00 AM - fRAWRst, Air Canada (Airport Quality Inn)
11:00 AM - linkinwisdom (5th Ave. Red Lion)
11:35 AM - MyDcmbr, Alaskan Airlines 9
11:35 AM - Warblade, American Airlines (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center)
11:45 AM - adester
12:23 PM - MrBartokomous
1:40 PM - Imperfect, American Airlines (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center Sheraton)
2:38 PM - Sevorak, Alaska Airlines 325 (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center Sheraton)
3:01 PM - Sassafras, Delta Flight 3368 (Light Rail to Convention Center Sheraton)
3:09 PM - TOGSolid, Alaska Airlines AS178 (Convention Center Hilton)
3:17 PM - majin23x, Alaska Air flight QX2401 (Light Rail downtown to Convention Center Sheraton)
3:25 PM - LooneyEclipse, Air Canada Jazz.
5:00 PM - Pascual
9:00 PM - journies_end, US Airways 575 (Light Rail downtown to the 5th Ave. Red Lion)
10:00 PM - ginsusamurai, Alaska/Horizon Air (Light Rail downtown)
11:00 PM - edgeofblade

Friday Arrivals
1:30 AM - lordthanda

Saturday Arrivals

Sunday Arrivals

More Information Needed
aja (date)
Anon-e-mouse (date)

I'll be arriving in Seattle on Thursday evening, 9pm (from Charlotte NC if anyone will be on that flight also!) and will be taking the Light Rail downtown to the Red Lion Hotel. Dunno if anyone else was headed that way at that hour but if you wanted to ride together and get pumped for PAX, chat gaming, or maybe share a quick DS game or two (Mario Kart, Dragon Quest 9, Pokemon, Jump Ultimate Stars) or a simple Pokewaker swap that'd be awesome.

Totally pumped for PAX Prime 2010
Tweet me @journies_end
journies_end on

• Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd love to get in on this, but didn't want to clutter up the westward aviation thread with info unrelated to meeting up with people during flights as opposed to after.

I'm arriving Thursday at 8:58 AM on Delta 2253.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alaska Airlines flight AS178 at 3:09 PM, Thursday. I'll be heading to the Hilton Seattle next to the convention center if anyone wants to share a cab or whatever.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thursday flight via Air Canada for an 11 am arrival. My hotel is the QualityInn across from the airport, but im down to rail to the sheraton for will call and hanging out that night.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    imp22bimp22b Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AA flight 835 from Indy to Dallas/ Fort Worth then AA flight 326 from Dallas/ Fort Worth to Seattle. Arriving Sept, 1 @ 7:45 PM. Taking Light Rail to the Sheraton

imp22b on
  • Options
    linkinwisdomlinkinwisdom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    @ journies_end I would but I arrive at like 11 am on thur...tho i am staying in your hotel...we should meet up at some point and kick it

linkinwisdom on
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm tempted to bribe somebody flying into SEATAC to get me some Chilis.

We only have one Chilis restraunt in the Seattle area, and it just happens to be behind security in the airport. So unless you have a boarding pass, no Chilis for you.

I haven't had any honey-chipotle chicken crispers in over a year....

Clix on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    @ journies_end I would but I arrive at like 11 am on thur...tho i am staying in your hotel...we should meet up at some point and kick it

Haha the lobby will be swarming (especially during the mornings between 8am - 10am) as THOUSANDS of PAX attendees flock to the convention center (it really is a spectacle)! Sure tho, if you wanna meet up for the morning cue it'd be nice to have a line buddy to chat with :D

journies_end on
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Imsorad wrote: »

We only have one Chilis restraunt in the Seattle area, and it just happens to be behind security in the airport. So unless you have a boarding pass, no Chilis for you.

That depends if you're driving? I arrive at 11:45 am on Thursday. It is perfect timing for lunch.
    A little bit of food and gas money for the convenience and help? ;)

adester on
  • Options
    KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Thursday flight via Air Canada for an 11 am arrival. My hotel is the QualityInn across from the airport, but im down to rail to the sheraton for will call and hanging out that night.

I'm not exactly sure when we're arriving, but we depart at 8:40a.m. from San Francisco, so maybe we'll be arriving the same time on Thursday. If so, look for three dudes trying to find their way to the light rail.

edit: Make a Futurama reference and I'll instantly know.

KnifeySpoony on
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I arrive at Sea-Tac at 1:56 PM on Wednesday the first via flight F9 0833 from Denver. That's the plan, anyway.

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    ajaaja Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I'll be arriving around 6:30 at sea-tac and ill be staying at Paramount. pm me if you guys want to do something

aja on
  • Options
    SassafrasSassafras Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arriving Thursday, 9/2, at 3:01 P.M. Delta Flight 3368. I was planning to take the light rail already, and meeting up with some people would be cool. I'm going to the Sheraton.

Sassafras on
  • Options
    orbdeporbdep Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My wife and I are arriving monday at around 10 estimated, :) anybody else showing up early?

orbdep on
    Nursery Rhymes are Creepy
  • Options
    SamJacksonSamJackson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    orbdep wrote: »
    My wife and I are arriving monday at around 10 estimated, :) anybody else showing up early?

I'll be there Monday right around 1am. Wife is from there and we are staying at her folks place. They live about an hour and a half away.

SamJackson on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My scheduled arrival is 10pm Wednesday night. I'm flying from DC so odds are there will be a delay somewhere along the line. Any other night owls?

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My group of 4 should be landing Wednesday just before 1pm; our fifth (Winyder) will be getting to SeaTac about an hour before us. I think we're taking a few different ways out of the airport; Dover & his gf will be getting a ride from a local friend they're staying with, and Winyder is splitting a van (shuttle, not rental) with us and getting dropped at the house he's staying at, but Brian and I are headed to the Sheraton. If there's anyone else heading to the Sheraton around 1-1:30 let me know (PM here or @brennacedria on Twitter to make sure I see your post) and we can split the van a few more ways.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm landing at 12:23pm Thursday. Happy to link up with anybody hopping on the light rail around that time.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Landing Thursday at 5pm(ish). It would be nice to have a few people to converse with :D

Pascual on
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alaska Airlines 9 landing @ 11:35am at SEATAC.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sassafras wrote: »
    Arriving Thursday, 9/2, at 3:01 P.M. Delta Flight 3368. I was planning to take the light rail already, and meeting up with some people would be cool. I'm going to the Sheraton.

I arrive shortly after you and am also going to the Sheraton. Alaska Air flight QX2401 from billings mt. Arriving at 3:17 pm.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If all goes well with my flight I'll be landing at Sea/Tac on Frontier 847 at just after 10AM on Thursday the 2nd.

Plan on taking the light rail downtown to the Sheraton.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    LosarLosar Thane Vector, Rock Star Tucson, AZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My scheduled arrival is 10pm Wednesday night. I'm flying from DC so odds are there will be a delay somewhere along the line. Any other night owls?

I'm coming in the same night, scheduled to arrive at 11:30PM.

Losar on
    Isn't that informative!? Hooray!!
  • Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My hubby and I will be arriving into seattle Wednesday night at about 9pm....We are planning on taking the light rail into downtown, but we are staying at the Baroness Hotel...Anyone staying there?

Atalla on
  • Options
    edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Losar wrote: »

I'm coming in the same night, scheduled to arrive at 11:30PM.

I'll be arriving closer to 11 PM on Thursday. I should have time to grab bags and hoof it to the rail. If you want to make it before the last train, I would suggest finding a way to carry everything on.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll be arriving closer to 11 PM on Thursday. I should have time to grab bags and hoof it to the rail. If you want to make it before the last train, I would suggest finding a way to carry everything on.

I'll probably be looking for dinner at the airport (I'm leaving Charlottle NC at 6:15pm EST for a 5 hour 45 min flight that arrives in Seattle at 9:00pm PST... whee time zones... don't get me started on how on Sunday I leave Seattle at 10pm PST and arrive in Charlotte at 5:45am EST), so yeah, after I find a bite to eat I could hang around the airport for a PAX pal to ride the light rail downtown with (may even run into a couple of other PAXers to join up with too).

journies_end on
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'll probably be looking for dinner at the airport (I'm leaving Charlottle NC at 6:15pm EST for a 5 hour 45 min flight that arrives in Seattle at 9:00pm PST... whee time zones... don't get me started on how on Sunday I leave Seattle at 10pm PST and arrive in Charlotte at 5:45am EST), so yeah, after I find a bite to eat I could hang around the airport for a PAX pal to ride the light rail downtown with (may even run into a couple of other PAXers to join up with too).

Careful a lot of the eateries/shops shut down between 9 and 11pm. I came in at 10:30 recently and was astonished some of the bars were closed already (Concourse D). SeaTac get's pretty deserted at night. http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/shopdine/restaurants-locations.shtml

trickycoolj on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Careful a lot of the eateries/shops shut down between 9 and 11pm. I came in at 10:30 recently and was astonished some of the bars were closed already (Concourse D). SeaTac get's pretty deserted at night. http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/shopdine/restaurants-locations.shtml

Awesome, thanks for the link.

journies_end on
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kids and I (kids being 19 and 14) will be arriving weds morning around 9:05am...gonna take rail to Sheraton. It sucks there wasn't a PAX(or anything) when I was younger but I am glad to have it now.

Rayman on
  • Options
    CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would suggest the OP or someone else who may be super motivated (this is going to be a lot of work btw) to make a table of this info of when peeps are arriving (and leaving as well) in order to make it easier to share taxi cabs etc.

Cryana on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cryana wrote: »
    I would suggest the OP or someone else who may be super motivated (this is going to be a lot of work btw) to make a table of this info of when peeps are arriving (and leaving as well) in order to make it easier to share taxi cabs etc.

Done, updated the OP.

journies_end on
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cryana wrote: »

Done, updated the OP.

Whoops.

Thursday.

:D

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arriving Tuesday via Air Canada at 19:05. Then I start the hunt for LRT entrance, and some late night dinner.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So far as splitting rides go, you might want to add (+2) to my name, since at least Brian and probably Winyder will be with me. Also, I don't know if Winyder has buttons or not this year, but I'm going to try to make room in my carry on for my buttons, if anyone wants to go ahead and trade while rides are being secured.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Options
    aragorn18aragorn18 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My friend gets in at 11PM on Wednesday night. I'm going to pick him up at the airport. If someone else wants a ride I'd be happy to drop you off downtown on my way back. I've got room for two more people.

Drop me a PM.

aragorn18 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Imsorad wrote: »

Don't bother. The Chili's inside SEATAC isn't a full one, it's a Chili's-to-go. They have about half their menu and that doesn't include any chicken crispers. I was really upset when I learned this myself.

aragorn18 on
  • Options
    majin23xmajin23x Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You can add to mine that I plan on taking the light rail.

majin23x on
    **Still Undefeated at Jenga!**
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arriving Thrusday morning at 10:29AM.
    I will have very little luggage and I will travel to the Red Lion hotel by any means that is easy or cheap.
    I have taken a cab from the airport before becasue they are easy to find and there is no chance of me ending up somewhere I don't want to be.

Thursday, Sept 2, 2010
    Depart from ORD (Chicago) 8:00AM
    Arrive at SEA (Seattle) 10:29AM
    Alaska Airlines Flight 21 Boeing 737
    Flight time 4 hrs 29 minutes
    Current Seat 28F

It looks like I could wait until KnifeySpoony arrives and then go with him and his crew to the light rail.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    You know you can take the light rail now for infinitely cheaper, right?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Nope. Never taken the light rail. Taking trains and buses makes me nervous because I worry about missing my stop.

I have used the New York subway system once with friends.
    I have used the DC subway system once with my family.
    I don't think that I have ever traveled on a city bus.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Nope. Never taken the light rail. Taking trains and buses makes me nervous because I worry about missing my stop.

I have used the New York subway system once with friends.
    I have used the DC subway system once with my family.
    I don't think that I have ever traveled on a city bus.
    The Seattle light rail is dead simple. It's one route without any branches or switches. You'll be getting on at one end (the airport is the far south stop) and getting off at the last stop on the north side (Westlake Center). You can't miss your stop because I'm pretty sure they kick everyone off at the end of the line.

It costs $2.50 and you don't have to worry about traffic or tipping the driver. By far the best way to go.

aragorn18 on
This discussion has been closed.