As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead Rising 2 Hardware Store event near PAX, Friday @ 8:00!

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
Do you like grenades? Assault rifles? How about a free chainsaw? Then you're in luck:

Source: http://kotaku.com/5625875/dead-rising-2s-labor-day-hardware-blowout-sale
Greene's Hardware in Seattle has a special on katanas this weekend - two for $309.99. You can also find values on dynamite and mayonnaise. What the hell is this? A pretty awesome Dead Rising 2 community event at PAX.

Capcom's apparently booked some space in Seattle's central business district, just walking distance from the Washington State Convention Center, and is doing up the joint like a giant hardware store on Friday. If you're at PAX, stop by for "blockbuster sales of your favorite combo weapons and accessories."

I am not sure what that means exactly IRL, but if Capcom is seriously selling shotguns, wheelchairs and grenades, it just officially became the Most Fun Company in America.

The "sale" runs from 8 to midnight on Friday; the location is 909 Western Ave., Seattle. The first 50 "customers" will get a freebie. Check the circular for more details.
500x_greenesfront.jpg
image002.jpg
image004.jpg
image003.jpg

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Arco on

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heh, I was just about to post this.

My interest is peaked.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok, this is an awesome way to hype a community event. Maybe not quite as awesome as Flynn's Arcade, but still mondo cool.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, this looks great! Definitely adding this to my schedule.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    why do they always have to plan these things during the concerts?

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's a bit of a walk....but I gotta go see what they're up to.

Saxicide on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll crawl there if I have to.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    AverageToasterAverageToaster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    address?

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dont tell him, thats less people who can be in the first 50 so that we can get the free prizes

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dont tell him, thats less people who can be in the first 50 so that we can get the free prizes

oh im sure i can find it, its just for ease

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That place is kind for far away from the Sheraton.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm game, I fucking love me some zombies!

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is pretty close to concert time as well.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    wow thats like 13 blocks

AverageToaster on
  • Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's at 909 Western Avenue, Seattle, WA. It's not as close as the center or the main theater but I'm guessing they wanted to stick with a theme and picked the closest hardware shop from downtown.

Did anyone notice the flavor text for the crowbar?

"Swing it free, man!" :D

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apparently the space used to be a furniture store.

Last year's RE5 party was a bit of a walk from the convention center as well. Probably easier for them to not get bombarded with people if they are off the beaten path.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now THERE's a circular I'd love to get in my paper :P Count me in - maybe the chainsaw's a chainsaw-themed controller?

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I missed Flynn's Arcade at SDCC; I can't miss this. The Benaroya is *kind* of on the way back from the store. I'll see if they still have open seats for the Protomen on the walk back and, if not, I'll catch them on the BYOC satellite feed.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    fuuuuu i really wanted to go to the concert friday but i have to go to this.

xibalba on
  • Options
    BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now THERE's a circular I'd love to get in my paper :P Count me in - maybe the chainsaw's a chainsaw-themed controller?

I'm guessing it's probably a small keychain.

Belgand on
  • Options
    SaxicideSaxicide Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aaaaaah somehow I misread this as Saturday the whole time. There's a play I want to see on Saturday that starts at 7:30. So torn.

Also, anybody know if a PAX badge will be mandatory for the event? One of my roomates isn't going to PAX (told her to buy her badge early, lol) but is a huge zmobie fan, and would love to go to this.

Saxicide on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have no idea what my schedule will be, but is anybody interested in actually setting a gathering point and then walking down in droves? If you head down early enough, having people to line up with or what have you will be good.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Saxicide wrote: »
    Aaaaaah somehow I misread this as Saturday the whole time. There's a play I want to see on Saturday that starts at 7:30. So torn.

Also, anybody know if a PAX badge will be mandatory for the event? One of my roomates isn't going to PAX (told her to buy her badge early, lol) but is a huge zmobie fan, and would love to go to this.

I believe you have to get one of the "ads" from the Capcom booth during PAX, which will have your invite on it. I know last year's Capcom party required invites from the booth as well.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I believe you have to get one of the "ads" from the Capcom booth during PAX, which will have your invite on it. I know last year's Capcom party required invites from the booth as well.

if this is true im knocking small children over to get to the capcom booth first

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

if this is true im knocking small children over to get to the capcom booth first

That is basically what we did last year to get into the RE5 party ;-) Abiding by the no running rule of course, power walking ftw.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Holy shit, this was the BIGGEST waste of time ever.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah was pretty lame and a really fun walk back almost 9 blocks all up hill. Nothing really to see except free cheesy pizza and a shirt which they were running low when I left.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    edited September 2010
    I was really bummed that I didn't get to go, but it sounds like I didn't miss much.

What did the first 50 people get that was 'exclusive'?

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The shittiest t shirt I've ever received. It felt like it was made of sandpaper.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I thought about going, and almost got on a bus to go, and decided I should queue for PAXtra life instead. Seems like I made the correct decision.

LordDHMD on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It was a good concept Capcom but poorly executed. :( I showed up around 8:30, there was no food, no drinks and no AC or any kind of air flow. Inside must have been about 90 degrees and reeked of gamer sweat. We were in and out in under 5 minutes. I feel bad for employees that had to work, they must have been ready to pass out.

ravemonger on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    waste waste waste waste. me and my two friends were the last ones to get the free stuff (grey L tee) and a free code for case zero :/ at two slices and left after an hour.

xibalba on
  • Options
    Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    For what it's worth, I actually had a great time.

Got there at 5, left at midnight, spent the whole time demoing DR2, muching free pizza and playing/dancing with various weapons (how often do you get to hold an AK-47, let alone a bazooka AND an RPG?). The Duct-Tape Challenge was utterly inspired, shame mine didn't place but it was great fun seeing what others came up with in the mad dash to tape together as much destructive power as possible in 90 seconds. And we got to keep them afterwards! Best swag ever.

True, the "first 50" shirts were a bit of a let-down, especially after being promised a chainsaw-esque item (original Kotaku scan had first 50 getting a chainsaw), but overall I'd say this was one of the best events I'd been to at PAX.

Carry on, Capcom. Carry on.

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    For what it's worth, I actually had a great time.

Got there at 5, left at midnight, spent the whole time demoing DR2, muching free pizza and playing/dancing with various weapons (how often do you get to hold an AK-47, let alone a bazooka AND an RPG?). The Duct-Tape Challenge was utterly inspired, shame mine didn't place but it was great fun seeing what others came up with in the mad dash to tape together as much destructive power as possible in 90 seconds. And we got to keep them afterwards! Best swag ever.

True, the "first 50" shirts were a bit of a let-down, especially after being promised a chainsaw-esque item (original Kotaku scan had first 50 getting a chainsaw), but overall I'd say this was one of the best events I'd been to at PAX.

Carry on, Capcom. Carry on.

I had fun too. Got a bunch of stuff, played a lot of the game and came in third for the tape or die game thing. There was a point where there were too many hot and sweaty people an dnot enough air circulation but that was maybe 30-45 min out of the 4 hour event. One thing though, has any of the first 50 people in line received their DL code for Case Zero? Cause I haven't...

Bladed Cicada on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm betting we never do.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i havent but it is kinda a moot point when i bought the dl when it came out.

xibalba on
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I only spent a few minutes here after seeing the Protomen. Went in, wandered around a little, took a cab back to my hotel because screw that hill! Doesn't seem as if I missed anything since the full DLC of the game is only $5. The game's pretty good for the price, too. The circulars they published still make me smile at least.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mystral721 wrote: »
    I only spent a few minutes here after seeing the Protomen. Went in, wandered around a little, took a cab back to my hotel because screw that hill! Doesn't seem as if I missed anything since the full DLC of the game is only $5. The game's pretty good for the price, too. The circulars they published still make me smile at least.

i didn't mind the walk there with my friends but my friends decided to leave and i decided to stay so the walk back was very crappy especially when i decided to walk all the way down western and up union yea i had no idea that I would have to walk up 5 flights of stairs instead of a hill.

xibalba on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    xibalba wrote: »
    i havent but it is kinda a moot point when i bought the dl when it came out.

EXACTLY!!!!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I ran into two Capcom employees on 5th and university who were completely lost and didn't know how to get to teh convention center.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lame. This sounded SO cool...

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
This discussion has been closed.