Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i almost forgive you for not playing with me mike

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I suppose it's progress that I don't want to enslaved by my feelings for her anymore, though. And the anxiety has passed...Whew.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    God fucking damnit all I have to see is her name and the smallest picture and WOO LET THE ANXIETY COMMENCE

why the fuck am I not over her. God. Damnit.

Some of them you don't actually get over entirely. With time though, you'll meet someone else and she'll occupy your thoughts and there'll be no room for the one you're thinking of right now. But some of them just sort of linger, and eventually you'll get used to it and when you're able to recall fondly the good parts you might even be grateful for that.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2010
    i don't really care about achievements

but i felt kind of bad for missing them in the sc2 campaign after i finished

it was like

"hey you didn't do that well dude"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kitty goes without saying no matter what. But I think my av and sig pretty much point that out.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    God fucking damnit all I have to see is her name and the smallest picture and WOO LET THE ANXIETY COMMENCE

why the fuck am I not over her. God. Damnit.

Some of them you don't actually get over entirely. With time though, you'll meet someone else and she'll occupy your thoughts and there'll be no room for the one you're thinking of right now. But some of them just sort of linger, and eventually you'll get used to it and when you're able to recall fondly the good parts you might even be grateful for that.

If it weren't for asking a girl out today those feelings probably would have dominated my thoughts for the rest of the night. Glad she was around for that, at least :)

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2010
    I suppose it's progress that I don't want to enslaved by my feelings for her anymore, though. And the anxiety has passed...Whew.

how long ago did you guys split?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    am i the only nerd in the entire goddamned universe who doesn't give a shit about achievements in games?

no, they're dumb

I liked achievements in borderlands, you get exp from them and you unlock so many by just playing the game.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Kitty goes without saying no matter what. But I think my av and sig pretty much point that out.

isn't she like 16?

and has been for like 40 years?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

how long ago did you guys split?

Uhh, uhm...never?

We were never together. Good friends though, and I let myself fall head over heels for her.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

it was like

I got really mad because I was trying to get some of them and I'd accidentally trigger the end of the mission. Not mad enough to replay though.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Not Kitty, not Emma, not Jean. Molly Hayes.

443px-MOLLY_HAYES.jpg

Oh yes. Work that shit.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is that a slowpoke headband?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    How pathetic is it that my first love wasn't even my girlfriend :/

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Depends on which set you read as usual with comics. The iteration I like the most is the most recent Astonishing where she is in her mid twenties. And that is also were my av and sig come from. Hell depending on which one you want to pick out, every comic book character is a teenager in at least one series.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Emma Frost has been pretty great for a while now.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Depends on which set you read as usual with comics. The iteration I like the most is the most recent Astonishing where she is in her mid twenties. And that is also were my av and sig come from. Hell depending on which one you want to pick out, every comic book character is a teenager in at least one series.

I seem to recall at least one series where she was in college and tending bar.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't think it's so bad at all : D

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Not so pathetic. It's not as pathetic as your opinion on American Dad, for example.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »

I don't think it's so bad at all : D

Hell of a lot better than breaking up, which at our age would be close to inevitable

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

it was like

That's basically my thoughts on them. A measurement of how well I did a particular task, or if I managed to do something interesting not normally required by the game.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    am i the only nerd in the entire goddamned universe who doesn't give a shit about achievements in games?

no, they're dumb

I liked achievements in borderlands, you get exp from them and you unlock so many by just playing the game.

Eh, I like it better when I get bonus stuff for doing necessary in game things, like actual legitimate milestones. RDR is an example of a rewards system that annoyed the hell out of me. Sure, I want the bonus outfits, but I don't want to shoot 50 deer, 10 birds off a moving train, round up a gang member, and skin a platoon of attack cougars to get it. How bout just give me the outfit after I complete a mission or something, instead of monotonous crap?

Those sorts of achievements just distract and detract from the game. Intentionally going off the rails for 100% completion and all the goodies that come with it.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Emma Frost has been pretty great for a while now.

I used to hate her until I realised that the things I hated about her were exactly the things I like about her.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like achievements. ones that aren't fun I don't do, but I like them in general. for sc2 it gives me something to do when I'm too tired to ladder. or if I'm playing on a different computer than my own and don't want to ladder.

anyway, have a good night folks.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2010

If you're pathetic than I'm pathetic.

Haven't seen her in 7 years and I still think about her. Some stuff just doesn't end completely, man.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's totally worse that way actually, if you had gone out you'd at least have realized that she was totally crazy and wouldn't worry about it anymore.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love achievements.

Though I don't really work for them.

I'm just that good.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    night john

MikeMan on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I need to talk my wife into becoming a Redhead.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Haven't seen her in 7 years and I still think about her. Some stuff just doesn't end completely, man.

Well shit I certainly hope that isn't the case here. We weren't in a very strong friendship, there was always that gap between her and I because I wanted to be with her and she didn't feel the same way about me. In your case, were you guys very close?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hah, my friend said " u are officially my TV show consultant"

finally acknowledgement

i always had to convince him to watch things i thought he would like and he was reluctant often

but when he finally did he got hooked

this is the case for many people

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

Dye her hair while she's asleep.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Actually my first love was in high school. We went to one dance, then I freaked out and kind of ignored her. She "broke up" with me 2 weeks later. I was kind of obsessed for a while. You get better with time.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

no, they're dumb

Eh, I like it better when I get bonus stuff for doing necessary in game things, like actual legitimate milestones. RDR is an example of a rewards system that annoyed the hell out of me. Sure, I want the bonus outfits, but I don't want to shoot 50 deer, 10 birds off a moving train, round up a gang member, and skin a platoon of attack cougars to get it. How bout just give me the outfit after I complete a mission or something, instead of monotonous crap?

Those sorts of achievements just distract and detract from the game. Intentionally going off the rails for 100% completion and all the goodies that come with it.

Have you played borderlands?

From what I've seen you just get extra exp just playing because you did something silly or you are just killing a lot of guys, you don't need achievements to unlock items or costumes or stuff.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, hey there [chat].

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Well shit I certainly hope that isn't the case here. We weren't in a very strong friendship, there was always that gap between her and I because I wanted to be with her and she didn't feel the same way about me. In your case, were you guys very close?

We argued all the time. Didn't hang out outside of school, and the first chance I had to ask her out went so bad it's not even funny. She had the bluest eyes, and she didn't take any of my shit, and when Choco let slip that I had feelings for her things changed and got complicated and didn't end well. Then she moved before I could fix things and I haven't seen her since.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

no, they're dumb

Have you played borderlands?

From what I've seen you just get extra exp just playing because you did something silly or you are just killing a lot of guys, you don't need achievements to unlock items or costumes or stuff.

The only one I ever worked for in Borderlands was doing the loop and the massive air one for the cars and that's it. The rest just happened.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sheep wrote: »

It's a pain and a half to keep up

So It Goes on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I actually don't like achievements that are just milestones. Like if I complete a level I get an achievement? Big whoop, everybody gets that achievement.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Foooooooooooooood

Cokebotle on
    工事中
This discussion has been closed.