Options

A [chat] about bowel movements

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How pathetic is it that my first love wasn't even my girlfriend :/

If you're pathetic than I'm pathetic.

Haven't seen her in 7 years and I still think about her. Some stuff just doesn't end completely, man.

Well shit I certainly hope that isn't the case here. We weren't in a very strong friendship, there was always that gap between her and I because I wanted to be with her and she didn't feel the same way about me. In your case, were you guys very close?

We argued all the time. Didn't hang out outside of school, and the first chance I had to ask her out went so bad it's not even funny. She had the bluest eyes, and she didn't take any of my shit, and when Choco let slip that I had feelings for her things changed and got complicated and didn't end well. Then she moved before I could fix things and I haven't seen her since.

So things ended tumultuously?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    am i the only nerd in the entire goddamned universe who doesn't give a shit about achievements in games?

no, they're dumb

I liked achievements in borderlands, you get exp from them and you unlock so many by just playing the game.

Eh, I like it better when I get bonus stuff for doing necessary in game things, like actual legitimate milestones. RDR is an example of a rewards system that annoyed the hell out of me. Sure, I want the bonus outfits, but I don't want to shoot 50 deer, 10 birds off a moving train, round up a gang member, and skin a platoon of attack cougars to get it. How bout just give me the outfit after I complete a mission or something, instead of monotonous crap?

Those sorts of achievements just distract and detract from the game. Intentionally going off the rails for 100% completion and all the goodies that come with it.

Have you played borderlands?

From what I've seen you just get extra exp just playing because you did something silly or you are just killing a lot of guys, you don't need achievements to unlock items or costumes or stuff.

That actually sounds cool, my problem rests with the kind of achievements I mentioned earlier.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    am i the only nerd in the entire goddamned universe who doesn't give a shit about achievements in games?

no, they're dumb

I liked achievements in borderlands, you get exp from them and you unlock so many by just playing the game.

Eh, I like it better when I get bonus stuff for doing necessary in game things, like actual legitimate milestones. RDR is an example of a rewards system that annoyed the hell out of me. Sure, I want the bonus outfits, but I don't want to shoot 50 deer, 10 birds off a moving train, round up a gang member, and skin a platoon of attack cougars to get it. How bout just give me the outfit after I complete a mission or something, instead of monotonous crap?

Those sorts of achievements just distract and detract from the game. Intentionally going off the rails for 100% completion and all the goodies that come with it.

Have you played borderlands?

From what I've seen you just get extra exp just playing because you did something silly or you are just killing a lot of guys, you don't need achievements to unlock items or costumes or stuff.

The only one I ever worked for in Borderlands was doing the loop and the massive air one for the cars and that's it. The rest just happened.

The best was when I first played and was driving in the car for the first time running over skrags and I unlocked some achievements.

"Fuck Im getting experience for this? yessssssssssss" *continues driving*

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My badge has still not shown up, le sigh.

Will call it is.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I actually don't like achievements that are just milestones. Like if I complete a level I get an achievement? Big whoop, everybody gets that achievement.

I like it for beating a game. Not everyone beats games.

Other than that, I agree with you. No need for you to have "Oh, you beat the first mission? HERE'S YOUR TROPHY AWESOME DUDE!"

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Will call it is.

Did you email them Inqi?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    man one thing about this being an adult thing, despite the fact that jobs take up more time than school, is that i never once can really feel like playing starcraft or other games is "bad", because i don't have homework i should be doing

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You also get achievements in Warhammer Online

"yay you died 100 times in pvp here's an achievement!"

yaaaaaaay

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Haven't seen her in 7 years and I still think about her. Some stuff just doesn't end completely, man.

Well shit I certainly hope that isn't the case here. We weren't in a very strong friendship, there was always that gap between her and I because I wanted to be with her and she didn't feel the same way about me. In your case, were you guys very close?

We argued all the time. Didn't hang out outside of school, and the first chance I had to ask her out went so bad it's not even funny. She had the bluest eyes, and she didn't take any of my shit, and when Choco let slip that I had feelings for her things changed and got complicated and didn't end well. Then she moved before I could fix things and I haven't seen her since.

I suppose. There was unfinished business. Last time I saw her was at a dance. She was dancing with a buddy of mine, and I was looking at her and she looked at me, then I left. Should have asked her to dance, because brother that shit follows you. Regret is awful.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Will call it is.

Did you email them Inqi?

Yeah, they said if it didn't show up to go to will call.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, just checking.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I suppose. There was unfinished business. Last time I saw her was at a dance. She was dancing with a buddy of mine, and I was looking at her and she looked at me, then I left. Should have asked her to dance, because brother that shit follows you. Regret is awful.

Sounds like our situations are different. I cut ties with her because I knew it was the right thing to do. I found out later that she had been dating a friend of mine behind my back for 2 months and insisted she wasn't, which complicated things a whole bunch and I lost a good portion of my life to it, but I can't say I regret much of what happened. Most of it was not my fault

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Zombie it is a new school year, you can meet some new people and go out a bit. That will help as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I wanna punch Peter Campbell in the dick.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010

probably the most passionate i ever felt about a girl was a girl who i never really had as a "girlfriend"

we just had a thing for a few years

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »

Why do you want to touchi his dick are you gay?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Zombie it is a new school year, you can meet some new people and go out a bit. That will help as well.

Oh yeah that's the plan. I have to establish a new social circle and it won't be easy, but I haven't had a chance to move on from this for months and months.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man I got a parking ticket today, right in front of my own house.

Durrhurrhurr.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I want to touch Trudy Campbell with my dick if you know what I mean

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    tumblr_ksitd4flDQ1qznopio1_500.jpg

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Amazon Super Saver Shipping is a ripoff. The $5 you save, you end up losing in opportunity cost as you check the tracking over and over for 2-3 weeks wondering why your shit hasn't arrived yet and why the USPS tracking system sometimes shows your package as sitting in a strange far-away place for 6 days at a time for no reason.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    man one thing about this being an adult thing, despite the fact that jobs take up more time than school, is that i never once can really feel like playing starcraft or other games is "bad", because i don't have homework i should be doing

also you can afford to go out and drink at nicer places

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alison Brie is hotttttttt

tttttt.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Emma Frost has been pretty great for a while now.

I used to hate her until I realised that the things I hated about her were exactly the things I like about her.

She's always been two things that I liked (even way back when):

Perfect counterpoint to Charles Xavier, ie: What if a powerful telepath had no scruples instead of extremely heightened and nuanced ones?

And a classic Marvel "conflicted" villain, ie: Magneto, Dr. Doom. They are evil. They're bad guys. But they're... they're just not entirely wrong. They get in your head (not telepathically) and fuck with you, because half of what they do makes sense.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I know exactly what you mean.

I would totally... take her out to a nice dinner and tell her how beautiful she looks. Then maybe a movie and afterward, completely consensual sex between two loving adults.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Amazon Super Saver Shipping is a ripoff. The $5 you save, you end up losing in opportunity cost as you check the tracking over and over for 2-3 weeks wondering why your shit hasn't arrived yet and why the USPS tracking system sometimes shows your package as sitting in a strange far-away place for 6 days at a time for no reason.

I guess amazon.ca super saver shipping is awesome because I always get my packages 2 days later after I order them.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I guess amazon.ca super saver shipping is awesome because I always get my packages 2 days later after I order them.

Because they deliver your package through a subspace highway.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I would totally... take her out to a nice dinner and tell her how beautiful she looks. Then maybe a movie and afterward, completely consensual sex between two loving adults.

Yeah that'd be great but I'd settle for rough animal sex on her balcony.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Yeah, I've got prime, my stuff never takes longer than two days, it's awesome, I order random shit all the time.

In fact I have replacement plug-in scented oil thingies coming in tommorow, my room will smell excellent again.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

also you can afford to go out and drink at nicer places

yes that is true

though i've not done it yet seeing as i just got my first paycheck

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Let me see that fancy footwork

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    And even though Emma has become a good guy, she still hasn't lost her touch at all. Actually I would say post House of M and the event the X-Men are more true neutral than good. For they now will do whatever it takes to protect the few mutants left even if Charles would disagree with it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Alison Brie is hotttttttt

tttttt.

Oh, my god is she sooooo hottttttt (NSFW)

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    These headphones cost $100 and I bought them because my old ones fell apart. I should have just paid the $5. This is so dumb. It has been two and a half weeks that I've had no headphones.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

The most disappointing time in my life was when I realized that the loud air compressor would totally kill the romance of making love on a bouncy castle.

I would invent a silent air compressor for her.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Emma Frost has been pretty great for a while now.

I used to hate her until I realised that the things I hated about her were exactly the things I like about her.

She's always been two things that I liked (even way back when):

Perfect counterpoint to Charles Xavier, ie: What if a powerful telepath had no scruples instead of extremely heightened and nuanced ones?

And a classic Marvel "conflicted" villain, ie: Magneto, Dr. Doom. They are evil. They're bad guys. But they're... they're just not entirely wrong. They get in your head (not telepathically) and fuck with you, because half of what they do makes sense.

I wasn't reaing comics back when Emma was properly evil, so she's seemed to me to err more on the light side of grey. Honestly, these days I'd probably trust her than I would Charles. At least she's honest about the fact that she's blatantly manipulating you.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wonder how many hours I've spent in my life removing hair from my face

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    less time than i have for sure

edit: my face, not yours

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

The most disappointing time in my life was when I realized that the loud air compressor would totally kill the romance of making love on a bouncy castle.

I would invent a silent air compressor for her.

Would it? Would it really? I mean, making love on a bouncing castle wouldn't be romantic so much as... bouncy.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You know I think Wolverine and the X-Men is probably one of the best X-Men cartoons I have ever seen. Maybe not the best, but it is excellent. Though I think it is just because the best X-Men stories revolve around the coming apocalypse be it actually Apocalypse or the Phoenix or whatever else.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.