As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic Thread - September 1st, 2010

FizFiz Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Social Entropy++
989918599_ZJo3B-L.jpg

juggcat.jpg
Fiz on

• Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My cheevos!

There better be a Dickwolves shirt waiting for us when the store comes back online.

BoomShake on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They do realize that you can have friends lists and achievements with a silver subscription right

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Have they ever reused a joke before from the newspost a day before? It's still funny but it's kind of surprising.

Speed Racer, that doesn't mean XBL couldn't extort you to get you to keep paying for XBL. They're mad with power, the details of Silver are irrelevant.

Coinage on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is the Microsofts.

Adus on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "cheevo" is getting added to my vernacular

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I want that Dickwolves shirt.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's almost like a parody of what people are portraying it as.

I say almost like because Tycho did express genuine disbelief and outrage about it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The back of the shirt is three dickwolves howling at the moon

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Coinage wrote: »
    Have they ever reused a joke before from the newspost a day before? It's still funny but it's kind of surprising.

Speed Racer, that doesn't mean XBL couldn't extort you to get you to keep paying for XBL. They're mad with power, the details of Silver are irrelevant.

I guess "extort" is one word you could use

if you wanted to be sensationalist and crazy

Microsoft is gambling that people are willing to pay more for XBL than what they currently are. If they're right then they get free profit for literally doing nothing. If they're wrong, oh well, drop the price back down. This is pretty basic economics and trying to paint MS as being evil because they are a business trying to maximize profits is pretty ridiculous.

Especially since the vast majority of the whiners will keep paying for it anyway, because no matter what they say, an extra ten dollars a year is practically nothing for a person that earns enough to justify the purchase of an expensive luxury item like an Xbox. It's less than a dollar a month extra.

I mean obviously in a perfect world I'd rather the price didn't increase but I'm really not being wronged, and even if I felt I were I would have a simple recourse: stop paying them money.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SeraphSwordSeraphSword Sketch Fetishist Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "it would a shame if something were to happen to them"

It would a shame indeed.

(PEDANT!)

SeraphSword on
    Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Microsoft is gambling that people are willing to pay more for XBL than what they currently are. If they're right then they get free profit for literally doing nothing. If they're wrong, oh well, drop the price back down. This is pretty basic economics and trying to paint MS as being evil because they are a business trying to maximize profits is pretty ridiculous.

Especially since the vast majority of the whiners will keep paying for it anyway, because no matter what they say, an extra ten dollars a year is practically nothing for a person that earns enough to justify the purchase of an expensive luxury item like an Xbox. It's less than a dollar a month extra.

I mean obviously in a perfect world I'd rather the price didn't increase but I'm really not being wronged, and even if I felt I were I would have a simple recourse: stop paying them money.

I would hardly call an Xbox an expensive luxury item

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I guess Robert is leveraging key learnings about putting shirts in comics

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    bawkbawkboo1bawkbawkboo1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So the "bible online" comics are on hold for now or what?

bawkbawkboo1 on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the (0/2) was referring to the sandals, not the comics

L|ama on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So the "bible online" comics are on hold for now or what?

Don't tell me you thought (0/2) meant it was part of a series.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    'cheevos' is a totally blam comment. kurtz must be rubbing off on tycho

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would love to see a fourth panel on this one.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

But Video games! Without them my identity is gone!

Melding on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    M$ am I right?

Langly on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    M$ am I right?

215178115_ExTPi-L-2.jpg

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    M$ am I right?

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    the Microsofts

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    M$ am I right?

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO.

FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Langly on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    M$ am I right?

HEYOOOOOOOOOOO.

FFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tonkka on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I hope they start every phone conversation with "It is the Microsofts"

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    kind of makes sense to me for goods and services to increase in price after 8 years of vicious inflation.

of course it also makes sense for peer to peer online gaming to be free in the first place.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    baqq.jpg

No newspost yet, so what's going on? XBL increasing its monthly fee or something?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    it's from the previous day's news post, he links to it.

er, not the previous days but monday's

Langly on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    101 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really like "cheevos."

Also, if we didn't have plenty of WoW guilds already I'd say we should start a new guild, <Dickwolves>, because that t-shirt is tremendous.

Henroid on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "Cheevos" is totally a thing people say now, I think

I don't think they made it up

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Let's be honest here, the real joke in this strip is the Dickwolves shirt.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    "Cheevos" is totally a thing people say now, I think

I don't think they made it up

My heart is filled with sadness.

Henroid on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    three dickwolf moon

I would pay for this shirt

Beasteh on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    Let's be honest here, the real joke in this strip is the Dickwolves shirt.

It made me so happy to see it. I swear to god I'm going to buy two of them if they actually sell them.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is I, the Microsofts

Fuga on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Every time I see THAT TERM I'm going to want to shoot a baby. Or a kitten.

And I'm keeping track of the the times I see it too just in case I finally snap and really do decide to go on a rampage. I will not be like other mass murderers though because I'm not saving the last bullet for myself oh no. I will survive and declare every second of every day that 'cheevos' made me do it.
    that's 7 so far BTW.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Every time I see THAT TERM I'm going to want to shoot a baby. Or a kitten.

And I'm keeping track of the the times I see it too just in case I finally snap and really do decide to go on a rampage. I will not be like other mass murderers though because I'm not saving the last bullet for myself oh no. I will survive and declare every second of every day that 'cheevos' made me do it.
    that's 7 so far BTW.

You've unlocked a new Cheevo, duderonimus!

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    This seems to be quite the overreaction, unless I've missed something. Companies raise prices all the time, why not Microsoft.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This comic isn't that funny to me.

It did get me cheevos though.

Quid on
This discussion has been closed.