As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

999[DS] / VLR / ZE3 [3DS/PSV]: Wassup. You have ...Somnium Files? Siggyyy. Phidooo.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The bad endings in 999 were way, way more disturbing than most of the ones in VLR.

Specifically sub.

the axe ending still holds a special place in my heart.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    The bad endings in 999 were way, way more disturbing than most of the ones in VLR.

Specifically sub.

I was going to make this exact post.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Specifically sub.

And Jumpy's back.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The description of Junpei's completely broken state of mind after Akane dies in the Sub ending is extremely harrowing.

VLR still has some serious chops, though. That final entry in the medical journal about Radical 6 comes to mind. That and the newscaster.

• Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular

Specifically sub.

I definitely hope he lets the bad endings get more interesting. I dutifully played through everyone in VLR and they were almost all completely forgettable.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I don't think they were all forgettable. Luna's branch in particular made me feel like a total asshole when I
    chose Betray after her reappearance

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I don't think they were all forgettable. Luna's branch in particular made me feel like a total asshole when I

Well, to be fair, that's the last one I did, and I only did it because I was basically forced to.

I think.

• Options

I've still not seen that ending.

Because I refuse to Betray there.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Luna is my only friend

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    The way you feel about Luna after that one scene (you know the one) is one of my criteria for determining whether you are a good human being or not.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    The way you feel about Luna after that one scene (you know the one) is one of my criteria for determining whether you are a good human being or not.
    i don't even remember the full details but i remember the emotions vividly... the song. . .

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hopefully it's gonna be released in Europe.

Better be

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hopefully it's gonna be released in Europe.

Better be

RSG were one of the ones teasing Zero Escape 3 on Twitter, so I wouldn't worry.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Aksys confirmed what most assumed. Physical/Digital. 3DS/Vita. Summer 2016. Siggy...Phidoooo.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mIYly5j0_Y

30:30 is what you want. That crowd reaction man.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Game is, in fact, going to have a tone closer to 999.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The game will have a new artist. This is apparently concept art:

Also, there was a panel that had both Uchikoshi and the writer of Danganronpa, who said he'd like an opportunity to work with Uchikoshi on a project. I do believe I have the vapors.

Check out that user's timeline for more information from the panel...

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Game is, in fact, going to have a tone closer to 999.

Well, VLR was them trying to pander more to the Japanese. It didn't work, so it makes sense they're going back and doubling down on the original.

• Options
    As long as DR stays the fuck out of ZE, I really don't care. DR could learn a lot from ZE.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    If it means we end up with a Clover that is once again wearing clothes, then sure, bring on the new artist.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Clover is basically the Caim of this series. She'll show up whether wanted or not.

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    Zero Escape 3 is real. Summer 2016.

The FF7 remake, Nier 2, and now this. I don't know what the hell happened to japan this year, but damn. It's like they stole my wishlist or something.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    Clover's outfit didn't really bother me in VLR. I thought it was kinda cute actually. (skimpy, sure, but it could work.)

ALICE on the other hand though. ......seriously, what the hell Alice? WAS THAT NECKLACE MAGIC THAT IT NEVER MOVED OUT OF PLACE???

sig.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Oh god...they better not be doing the Lost Planet 3 'this is more popular in America so let's remove everything Japanese about it' thing and ruin this.

I want to play your crazy anime game, people.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Oh god...they better not be doing the Lost Planet 3 'this is more popular in America so let's remove everything Japanese about it' thing and ruin this.

I want to play your crazy anime game, people.

The only tonal shift he mentioned was bringing it closer to 999. I think he gets it, but the proof will be in the pudding. I am glad as fuck he apparently isn't trying to chase that Danganronpa money.

• Options
    That is some western ass art with some western ass character designs.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

The character designs are easily the worst part of the series. The only "geniunely Japanese/insane" idea that 100% works is Zero Jr. The whole "secret organization of exotic dancers with low to no combat skills" was hideous and kind of ruined VLR.

• Options

The character designs are easily the worst part of the series. The only "geniunely Japanese/insane" idea that 100% works is Zero Jr. The whole "secret organization of exotic dancers with low to no combat skills" was hideous and kind of ruined VLR.

They also were idiots IIRC.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Secret organization of exotic dancers...

What?

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Secret organization of exotic dancers...

What?

It reminds me of Zoolander.

It's also equally stupid and noneffective.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I liked phi

and

um

maybe a new artist isn't a bad thing

• Options
    I mean, I'll still probably play it. But that looks like a really bad start. Notice it's just a boring ass gun and a plain, mostly realistic metal restraint thing. No crazy watch that I can see, no ludicrous future cyborg stuff. I dunno, it's boring.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    People are speculating the two characters are original-Luna and Sigma. I dig the style, very ominous. The old artist was great too, though. I wouldn't mind if she(?) sticks around. (Pretty sure the artist was female.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    original-Luna
    Diana

• Options
    I dunno, the only reason I even picked up the first game was because Kinu Nishimura did the art. She'd done a novel series I liked, and has a super distinctive style.
    Not at all opposed to toning down that particular style of design, and she's busy and probably expensive, but her art sort of defines the series in a lot of ways.

• Options
    Was there some reason that the testing facility was subjecting people to horrific traps that I just don't recall?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I dunno, the only reason I even picked up the first game was because Kinu Nishimura did the art. She'd done a novel series I liked, and has a super distinctive style.
    Not at all opposed to toning down that particular style of design, and she's busy and probably expensive, but her art sort of defines the series in a lot of ways.

We should just be grateful we can have a conclusion to the story. I felt like my insides were empty for a few days after 100%ing VLR.

• Options
    Yeah, it's definitely not gonna be a dealbreaker. I guess it's the problem with hiring a distinctive designer; harder to replace them. I had another novel series illustrated by the Shin Megami Tensei monster designer, and when he quit the replacement dude just seemed so generic.

• Options
    Was there some reason that the testing facility was subjecting people to horrific traps that I just don't recall?

Which one we talkin' about? 999, 999's backstory, or VLR?

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Enlong wrote: »

Which one we talkin' about? 999, 999's backstory, or VLR?

I think cj's referring to the facility radical 6 was released from, which really had no reason to be full of death traps, but apparently was. It wasn't explained in zero escape, but I'm sure it will come up in the next game.

Etiowsa on