As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Kingdom Hearts - Re: Coded is out! Dream Drop Distance trailer is in!

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You should spoiler that last pic.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In case anyone cares, Aqua is totally a cheater at the command board. How convenient of her to just magically always land on the move anywhere square, and how strange that she managed to win only because she had just upgraded a square that I managed to land on that put her about 100 GP over the goal. However it doesn't seem to matter whether you win or lose, so I guess I shouldn't care.

Gilder on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think it's mostly just trying to drive homw the fact that Aqua is BETTER THEN YOU in every way, shape and form. Even in "luck".

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well too bad her VA sucks then 8-). Actually, Ventus and Aqua both seem kind of weak to me. And isn't Ventus just Roxas's VA? I liked Roxas, but Ventus.... ehhhh.

Gilder on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OK I already love the battle system, and the overall look of the game.

And I found it hilarious that they felt the need to put Iventus/Roxas fanservice at the very beginning. "Oh look, my shirt is magically missing!"

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Since I just fought the boss it reminded me of the name, so I went and found the boss music that sounds the same when reversed. Here you go guys. Usual related videos warning, I was really careful to not look so I don't know if either of them link to FINAL BOSS BATTLE AGAINST MICKEY or something crazy like that.

Normal

Reversed

Gilder on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Guys, this is like my first thread ever so I have a nooby question. How do I change the thread title?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Edit the OP and set the title to something like "Kingdom Hearts - BbS is out, TVA are fucked".

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    MarioG wrote: »
    Guys, this is like my first thread ever so I have a nooby question. How do I change the thread title?

Double-click the thread title in the G&T index.

Gilder on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Edit -> Go Advanced

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks, guys!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dear Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep:
    I really wish to play you, and I will probably purchase you tomorrow. I look forward to hitting things with a giant key, prancing around with cartoon characters, and having my brain melt into my head at your screwed up story. But, alas, I cannot play you yet, for now I am too hooked on Valkyria Chronicles 2. Don't take it personally. It was here first.

Yours Truly,
    Radikal_dreamer

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hmm... weird double post

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If I could remember how to remote play I would get this to play it on our 46"

Is the keyblade graveyard as awesome as it sounds?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Unless I'm mistaken the only way to play it on your tv is if you have the later PSP with the TV out slot. Remote play is for playing PS3 stuff on your PSP screen, not the other way around.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Unless I'm mistaken the only way to play it on your tv is if you have the later PSP with the TV out slot. Remote play is for playing PS3 stuff on your PSP screen, not the other way around.

Ahh damn that makes more sense than what I was thinking. I'm sure the game looks better on the psp screen than it would on the giant TV anyway

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So would you guys recommend playing 358/2 before KH2 or play them in their release order?

Basically, I want to experience the whole series. I 100%-ed KH a looooong time ago and I'm not touching it again. I also have a save in KH2 right after the very annoying 4-hour introduction part.

Since then I bought Re: Chain of Memories. However I already beat Chain of Memories in the GBA. However I think I'll play it again anyway.

So basically my idea is this:

R:CoM -> KH2 -> 358/2 -> BbS

Or should I do:

R:CoM -> 358/2 -> KH2 -> BbS

Or do you recommend something entirely different?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, no downloadable version of this is a total fail. I have a PSP2000 but I hate UMD.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Honestly 179 days is not that good of a game, it starts off strong but gets super samey and repetitive

if you ARE gonna play it through, only do the main missions, don't repeat any for sigils or, especially, crowns

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    So would you guys recommend playing 358/2 before KH2 or play them in their release order?

Basically, I want to experience the whole series. I 100%-ed KH a looooong time ago and I'm not touching it again. I also have a save in KH2 right after the very annoying 4-hour introduction part.

Since then I bought Re: Chain of Memories. However I already beat Chain of Memories in the GBA. However I think I'll play it again anyway.

So basically my idea is this:

R:CoM -> KH2 -> 358/2 -> BbS

Or should I do:

R:CoM -> 358/2 -> KH2 -> BbS

Or do you recommend something entirely different?

We're talking first time playthroughs here correct? Because in that case yeah, play RE:Com, KH2, 358/2, and then BbS. You could skip the introduction part, but it's kind of important to Roxas's character so you might want to replay it. If you don't remember that section very well you might lose out on some of his story. It's the final week of his life as it's the only thing 358/2 doesn't cover.

Really, 358/2 depends on how much you like Roxas. That whole game is just about how horrible Roxas's life was in the final days and how nothing ever went right for him. If you really don't care about him then you could just skip 358/2 and the prologue to KH2. Personally I really liked his story and found everything with him much more interesting than the stuff with Sora, so I enjoyed the prologue much more the second time I played it.

Edit: I think what really made me like him more was that I imported Final Mix+ so I was able to do the fight that got cut. Actually playing that fight with the music is a lot better at delivering the impact of that scene than just watching it. It's also the hardest fight in the regular game up to that point, so it really feels like a fight for survival.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I really need to replay the whole series. I played KH back when that came out, and really not since. Then I played KH2 when that came out and A) not since and B) without having played Chain of Memories. So the story in KH2 didn't make any sense at all to me. I wonder how much BbS's story will make sense to me after that.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I had tons of fun playing 358/2 Days. But yeah, I didn't go around repeating missions or anything like that, and I never would. Its a fun game. Not a great game, but good enough that I would recommend it to Kingdom Hearts fans without a moment's hesitation. Especially if they are willing to play through Chain of Memories again.

358/2 Days might be a bit more interesting and engaging if you haven't played KH2 yet, since you won't know exactly whats going on. I recommend doing it that way for the pure novelty of it. I am pretty sure it doesn't spoil anything KH2 related.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I really need to replay the whole series. I played KH back when that came out, and really not since. Then I played KH2 when that came out and A) not since and B) without having played Chain of Memories. So the story in KH2 didn't make any sense at all to me. I wonder how much BbS's story will make sense to me after that.
    You don't need to play the other games to understand BBS, but it does spoil KH2 so if that matters, you might want to play the earlier games first. Just remember that Days is completely optional and has zero relevance to the overall plot.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If you do play 358/2 play it on easy. Not because it's too hard, but because enemies just have too much health on standard. It's obscene, enemies will need multiple combos to get rid of them. It just becomes a chore by the end of the game.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So if I utterly detest everything having to do with Roxas (at least in the beginning of KH2) I might not enjoy 358/2 too much, huh?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Gilder wrote: »
    If you do play 358/2 play it on easy. Not because it's too hard, but because enemies just have too much health on standard. It's obscene, enemies will need multiple combos to get rid of them. It just becomes a chore by the end of the game.

Is anything "cut" from the game on easy?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Gilder wrote: »
    And on Proud, grinding is virtually a prerequisite for beating some missions. Except grinding in this game is boring as fuck.
    Is anything "cut" from the game on easy?
    AFAIK nothing is "cut" on Easy.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If anything was cut it would just be unlocking some characters for mission mode. Pretty sure you can still get them on easy though.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So if I utterly detest everything having to do with Roxas (at least in the beginning of KH2) I might not enjoy 358/2 too much, huh?
    That, and it may also come down to your opinion on Xion
    becoming a tranny near the end.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

179 days is just, honestly, not a very good game in general

you just traipse though the same like, literally five or so locations you've been to before in previous games, sometimes multiple times (especially agrabah...FUCK agrabah), going through about fifty feet of it, if that, doing the same exact missions dozens of times in a row

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »

179 days is just, honestly, not a very good game in general

you just traipse though the same like, literally five or so locations you've been to before in previous games, sometimes multiple times (especially agrabah...FUCK agrabah), going through about fifty feet of it, if that, doing the same exact missions dozens of times in a row
    This cannot be limed hard enough.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I gave up on both Chain of Memories AND 179 days, CoM because of the gameplay, days mostly because of how damn slow the story moves and partly for the better-than-CoM-but-not-by-much gameplay.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    honestly one of the few things 179 days does right was the whole tetris-esque skills and inventory thing

that was fun

I liked that

and man roxas and axel must've destroyed the entire seasalt ice cream economy by the end of the game

one man, sobbing over his broken cart, bells jingling ironically in the wind, cursing his bad luck and the bandits who stole his livelihood

that's the real story of 179 days

man is the REAL monster

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    honestly one of the few things 179 days does right was the whole tetris-esque skills and inventory thing

that was fun

I liked that

and man roxas and axel must've destroyed the entire seasalt ice cream economy by the end of the game

one man, sobbing over his broken cart, bells jingling ironically in the wind, cursing his bad luck and the bandits who stole his livelihood

that's the real story of 179 days

man is the REAL monster

Kinda like the cabbage merchant in A:TLA.

So many fallen cabbages.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I really liked CoM on the GBA, for what it's worth.

I think I'll beat R:CoM first on my PS3 and then KH2 and then decide from there.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If R:CoM had the KH1 and 2 gameplay design I'd play it but no way in hell am I doing the card shit again, no offense if you liked it of course.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The best thing about 38/2 Days is that had really interesting cut scenes. So as a fan of the series the story, I would say, is enough to warrant a purchase.

Also, this game is like a legit sequel to KHII! I think we can refer to it as the 3rd major installment! So technically KHIII will be KHIV!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    All I can say is KH 3 better have a Marvel comics level. Captain America and Goofy throwing their shields in unison, oh yeah.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    All about Sora teaming up with Deadpool

and Deadpool makin' fun of the Final Fantasy fuckers who show up

Rent on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    If R:CoM had the KH1 and 2 gameplay design I'd play it but no way in hell am I doing the card shit again, no offense if you liked it of course.

I can see how the card battle system could be very offputting and normally I would really hate that kind of shit myself but I found it strategic in a completely different way and if I'm being honest by the end of KH1 I was getting really bored of doing the same goddamned air combo on everything. X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, X, ad infinitum. At least the card system forced you to plan your battles out a bit more. I guess. I didn't dislike KH1's system by any means, but I did enjoy the card battle system anyway.

I should also note that I don't actually hate Roxas as a character. I guess I just really hated the intro/prologue to KH2. It seems excessively long and akin to a root canal. I can't really explain why I disliked it so much. I feel like it is an excessively long tutorial that doesn't teach you anything. I know that's not the point but it really drags on and on and on.

It's funny. I played KH2 when it first came out and was put off by the Roxas thing, right? Then I FINALLY resign myself to play through KH2. I had been waiting for over a year or two for an announcement that Re: Chain of Memories would get a North American release. No such luck. So I said "fuck it" and forced myself to start over in KH2. I begrudgingly got through the whole prologue and I think an email came through an hour or two later announcing the fucking stateside release of Re: Chain of Memories.

Not that that really mattered, but it meant that KH2 had to go back on the shelf.

I don't think I can bring myself to play through the intro again, though. I'm usually not like that. Usually I need to play an RPG from beginning to end or I can't play it. OCD and all that. But in this case I think I can make an exception. The thing is I can't really elucidate why I dislike the intro so much. It's not Roxas. Maybe it's the town? I dunno. I just hate it.

Drez on