As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so THAT's why I can't find a single other online player in Joust to get those online achievements. damn it

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I guess I'll get Littlebigplanet and Pursuit Force for my PSP. I'd heard of LBP, never heard of any of the other three before. Not hugely exciting choices but free is free.

captaink on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I noticed I'm not on the OP Friend List. Kindly add:

Professor Snugglesworth/SOLDIER/US/Yes

And feel free to send invites, but please indicate you're from PA. Many years of blind invites have cluttered up my friend list.

So using the OP as a reference, I finally sorted it out, leaving in the folks I'm personally aware with along with PA guys.

For too long my PSN friend list has been a group of strangers. I want to start doing more multiplayer, especially now that Dead Nation is free.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Please add me to the Friends list in the OP.

Ceno/Genesius_Prime/USA/No

Please let me know who you are in PA as well. I'm actually pretty sure right now my entire PS3 friends list consists of PAers.

Ceno on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does the promo version of Super Stardust HD include the expansions? Because I own the base game, but I am missing those.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ceno wrote: »
    Please add me to the Friends list in the OP.

Ceno/Genesius_Prime/USA/No

Please let me know who you are in PA as well. I'm actually pretty sure right now my entire PS3 friends list consists of PAers.

It really bums me out that very few PAers own a headset.

How else are we going to prove that we're better than everyone else???

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Weird - I don't see that service in my list.

Yall on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wipeout downloaded. I'll worry about the second game later when the store isn't bugging out so bad. It'll probably be Infamous.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone wanna play some Outland co-op? Just hit me up with a invite. I might be playing some Might & Magic but I'll drop it in a heartbeat for some janky ass Outland shennanigans.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ya know, looking at that list, I have no idea why I'm listed as Yes for headset. Because I definitely don't have one. Could you fix me please OP?

Kirbith / Kirbith / US / No

That's what it should be for me.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When is the last day for the welcome back gifts? I don't want to activate the free month of plus until the service is less janky, but I don't want to miss it either.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dead Nation is awesome! Why didn't anyone fucking tell me that it was awesome?

urahonky on
  • Options
    BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Huh, I am also not on the list... and given that there'll now be a ton of people with WipEout and Dead Nation (of which I'll be playing the latter more inbetween bouts of playing inFamous), I may as well clear out some space on my friend list.

BlitzAce1981 / BlitzAce1981 / UK / Yes

Not got much space left, but I'll probably start clearing out some more soon, anyway; there's too many who haven't been on since PSN's been back for my liking, even if they were part of the group I played Ridge Racer with.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Options
    LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Add me if you please.
    Lalilulelo-Lalilulelo-USA-Yes Headset

Lalilulelo on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just friended the people who just asked to be added to the list. Can never have too many PSN friends.

There are only about 4-5 people on my friends list that I know in real life... everyone else is from PA.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just have the one friend from real life on my friend's list.

Most are from PA, a few are from those few days where I really got into PSHome.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, you guys are basically my friends list. There are a few too many people on the OP list to add, plus I don't want to go crazy, so I've mostly been adding people as they've posted in this thread recently. I've only had my PS3 for a few months, so. Feel free to add me, guys.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When is the last day for the welcome back gifts? I don't want to activate the free month of plus until the service is less janky, but I don't want to miss it either.

Early July.. the 3rd, I think.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ahhhh, getting four free games instead of two because I made a Euro account a while back is so nice.

Thanks Sony! You still can't have my credit card information, but I'll still keep playing your games :P

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Early July.. the 3rd, I think.

Just to be sure, there's nothing in the info for this that would suggest it will expire July third regardless of when you activate it, right?

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My friends list is pretty large, and I only know 3 of them in real life as well. You all are the best friends!

Add me too, if you want! I'm Icemopper, as always.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    sooo... I thought I picked Little Big Planet and Infamous for the Welcome Back promotion. I don't see LBP in my download queue and I can't find a way to select it again. Am I hosed or is there another way to select this so I can DL it?

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Go into your account history, should be able to restart the download from there.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damn LittleBigPlanet PSP needs headphones, bad

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alrighty, everyone who has posted in here about being added to the OP has been added as well as the person who PM'd me a request.

Thanks for pointing out that error, Kirbith. Dunno how it happened but it's fixed now. So if anyone else notices an error in your listing, or have got a headset/lost a headset since your initial addition and need to have that updated, just let me know via a post here or a PM! Also thanks much everyone for using the format since it makes it easy to just copy/paste right in.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Might want to fix up the upcoming releases part Mogs. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Clash of Heroes, PixelJunk Shooter 2 and Under Siege are already out here. While Back to the Future is already a few episodes in, Beyond Good and Evil is coming out early next week and Outland's out here and should be out in the US next week. Oh and Rayman: Origins is a retail game now, so you may as well delete it too.

If you want some new games to add, here's one that looks pretty cool, Papo & Yo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQjUlHFUDo
    Minority has thought up something rather interesting for their partnership with Sony’s Pub Fund. Papo & Yo is a puzzle platformer, due out in early 2012, and a journey of friendship between a boy, Quico, and his best friend, Monster. Sadly it seems that Monster has a rather serious problem… he is addicted to poisonous frogs. It is your quest to find a cure and save your friend.

After Monster chows down on a frog, he becomes your worst enemy, adding a rather unique dynamic to the game’s puzzle solving. There are times when you will need to use both his good and bad side to further the quest for a cure. Monster’s mood is also directly related to the world you are in. When he is happy everything is bright and sunny, but when he is mad it becomes dark and dreary.
    I have always wanted to tell the story of my childhood, as the difficulties I lived through shaped the man I’ve come to be. But telling my story was a major endeavor for me as an artist. First I had to master videogame design so I could realize my vision; after that, I had to find an appropriate method to tell a difficult story in an engaging way. And finally, I needed to find a group of people who would believe in me and take the risk to dedicate themselves to a project like this. I’m very lucky to have the great, experienced team I have at Minority, who have completely embraced my initial concept.

But what is my story, and why would someone be interested in it, you ask? Well, the tale told in Papo & Yo is about myself and my father, a good man but also an evil one. Like many, he used alcohol and drugs to cope with a challenging life, and I was caught in the middle of it. The emotional core of this game is ultimately a fable about my relationship with my father.

Quico, our young hero, is a boy who lives in the Favelas in South America. His best friend and protector is Monster, a large beast that loves Quico. But Monster is addicted to frogs, and when he eats them he is transformed into an evil killing machine, his fury pushing him to destroy everything that is around him — including Quico. Quico’s only chance for survival is to find a way to cure his best friend.

I remember playing videogames in my difficult childhood days. I remember how the unpleasant world of adults loomed around me and made me feel vulnerable. But I did not feel like that when I was playing as Mario: I felt powerful and in control of a fantastic world. I loved defeating bosses that were larger than life to me, and today I thank you Miyamoto; now is my time to give back.

There are a number of other upcoming games (PAYDAY: The Heist, Jurassic Park: The Game and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee) but I've no time to find all the details about them and put them in the format used.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I assume the guy's father died, then?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I assume the guy's father died, then?

After an unfortunate evening when he invited Monster over for dinner.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow, a puzzle adventure set in a favela with a unique game mechanic that is also a metaphor for living with a family member with a substance abuse problem?

What's sad to me is that the term "adult themes" has come to mean "characters talking about boobies" when this is the kind of more complex thing we should be calling that, in the best sense of the word.

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    so my purchase history shows I purchased "free game 1" but not LBP , it shows "free game 2" and infamous. I can't select anything in the "Welcome Back" part so I don't know how to fix this. Any ideas?

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You can add me to the list. If you have You Don't Know Jack, let me know too.

Toxic Toys/zutto/USA/yes.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Go into your account history, should be able to restart the download from there.

Unfortunately I tried that, it's not in my purchase history or download queue. :(

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Unfortunately I tried that, it's not in my purchase history or download queue. :(

Cloudeagle summarizes it pretty well in the first post in the thread for the PSN being down.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=142432

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm torn between wipeout, super stardust, and dead nation as my last free game. Right now I'm leaning the most towards dead nation because A. I love zombies B. I Never played a wipeout game and C. Apparently Super Stardust is incomplete without the DLC.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    TenexTenex Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I picked up Dead Nation for the freebie along with Infamous. I found myself enjoying both titles to my surprise. My PSN tag isn't up in the OP but if anyone would like to shoot up some zombies and whatnot, feel free to add!

Tenex / Rotar2 / USA / Yes.

Tenex on
  • Options
    synesthesiasynesthesia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there any cool free stuff that we can take advantage of with this 30 day trial of plus?

synesthesia on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nothing on the current list that catches your interest? Well there should be a ~20% discount on Beyond Good and Evil HD when it comes out this week (well I'm not sure what the US release is but it shouldn't be too far from the PAL release in a day or two).

And the US should get a discount on Outland when it comes out there next week.

Speaking of which, I put an hour or two into Outland last night and it's fucking awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    synesthesiasynesthesia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Whoops I guess it tells you all of the free stuff right on the plus homepage...Anyways, awesome!

synesthesia on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    I'm torn between wipeout, super stardust, and dead nation as my last free game. Right now I'm leaning the most towards dead nation because A. I love zombies B. I Never played a wipeout game and C. Apparently Super Stardust is incomplete without the DLC.

If you have a 3DTV, Wipeout HD is an awesome game to show off the 3 D's.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    sir_pinch-a-loafsir_pinch-a-loaf #YODORegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is the Japanese store up yet? Tried to get in to get some welcome back stuff and it's throwing an error that I can't read.

sir_pinch-a-loaf on
This discussion has been closed.