As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach CAMPAIGN/CO-OP/FORGE thread. Metatag: A PA Reach CoOp

• Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    System link coop with my roommates until our eyes bleed.

Arrath on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Boyfriend and I are going to co-op legendary difficulty, and then I'll hop online.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    I am really, really, really tempted to buy this game on Tuesday.

Are there going to be co-op games a plenty after the launch? Or are people just going to jump into the abyss that is MP and never come out?

CARBON BRO, OR SHOULD I SAY CARBRON, DUDE I AM SO DOWN FOR SOME STRAIGHT BRO-OP YOU KNOW I'M ALL OVER THAT LIKE THINGS ON THINGS

But, no, really, I love co-op and we should play if you get it. I will possibly even record it and you will be an internet superstar.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pages later, I did indeed mean Sir Platypus.

Also, the comment about small stores is also valid. There are many reasons why Gamestop stopped taking preorders on the bigger editions of the game.

I love Beeb for posting that Majora's Mask image. And hate him because of that story that's all the rage online about the creepy MM stuff.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    YardGnome wrote: »
    all the talk of midnight shenanigans almost makes me sad that I'm getting my version from amazon. :(

i have class during the midnight launch

yeah

but how?

i have class from 5-1 on mondays

and tuesday i have class again from 1-5 (afternoon time, thankfully), so i won't be able to actually get into the game until late tuesday :(
    I'm the same way with the Tuesday deal. I have class until 4, and my game is being shipped to my old house, so I won't be able to get it until later in the day.

Tuesday is going to be a hard fucking day to sit through :(

YardGnome on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I made JP look around Invasion mode in Forge and yeah, it looks like Bungie is going to need to put up some documentation on that. Looks crazy

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pages later, I did indeed mean Sir Platypus.

Also, the comment about small stores is also valid. There are many reasons why Gamestop stopped taking preorders on the bigger editions of the game.

I love Beeb for posting that Majora's Mask image. And hate him because of that story that's all the rage online about the creepy MM stuff.

I did the same back for ODST. What story do you mean? Only thing I can think of are those very creepy trailers featuring "Radio Zelda" that count down the three days to oblivion and cheer Link on.

I really hope that more developers look at Forge World and realize that more games need that kind of stuff. The only other one I can think of is LittleBigPlanet. Could you imagine Splosion Man with map editing?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I'd really love to do a Heroic co-op run with some Bees after I pick up my copy, since I know none of my RL friends will want to.

I don't know about Wal-mart, but my Target only has 2 Legendaries, 4 LEs, and like 100 standard. If you were hoping to just stroll into a store tomorrow and pick up a huge fucking statue that comes with a free game, you may be S.O.L.

I think I may try my hand at forging Headlong, but I have no idea where to even begin. I'll have to load up my copy of 2 and start making some sketches, I suppose.

edit: is anyone else doing the code thing from PepsiCo products? Just figured I'd ask before I made the choice of Lone Wolf vs Noble Team.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pretty sure I know the answer, but is there anything by the I Love Bees guys ala Sadie's Story?

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The dashboard countdown is hilariously broken.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It didn't happen until midnight either. It was fine until the switch.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It was very wrong earlier, it couldn't count down below one day, so a few hours ago it said there was 1 day and 20 hours left to go.

Looks like someone just tried to hotfix it and it didn't work out.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What bothers me is that #1 is new avatar armor, and it's not on the marketplace yet.

EDIT: OH GOD, I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO ILOVEBEES TODAY.

Noble Six Actual on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reach get!

The Limited smells slightly of oil. Also, there's a code for a Falcon avatar prop, which I wasn't aware of.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah but you can't haz flaming head.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    But it smells of oil!

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That is strange. Hopefully legendary smells of bubblegum.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    What bothers me is that #1 is new avatar armor, and it's not on the marketplace yet.

EDIT: OH GOD, I'M GOING TO LISTEN TO ILOVEBEES TODAY.

If you go into the Most Popular section of Marketplace all the new armors show up first page.

Edit:

joshgotro on
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    But it smells of oil!

Gotta keep that cluncky spehss mahreen armour movin'.

Warcry on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Now if only some store would break the street date.

I gotta be at work tonight at 11:30pm so no midnight for me.

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The new avatar armor fails because it can't really have detail hanging off of it, and most of the Noble Team suits do. Noble Six still looks the best to me, for it's simplicity.

I don't know why, because the ODST suit looks awesome. Carter's just came out flat, with the pouches and all on his chest.

Noble Six Actual on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    They better drop the helmets damnit.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So when I wake up tomorrow I have to sell Reach to people for, oh, 9 hours until I get to play it myself.

Hooray.

(I'm willing to bet one person will genuinely ask 'have you played it yet?' and I will have to resist punching them in the face.)

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So this comes out tommorrow? I'm tempted. And it has Firefight, right? I loved that in ODST. I've media blacked out EVERYTHING about Reach, so it should be a pretty good experience if I go grab it.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So when I wake up tomorrow I have to sell Reach to people for, oh, 9 hours until I get to play it myself.

Hooray.

(I'm willing to bet one person will genuinely ask 'have you played it yet?' and I will have to resist punching them in the face.)

They have gamestop in australia?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel your pain. In thirteen hours I have to go to work. I can take a break to get reach, but then its six more hours of work till reach. And didn't reserve so I'll be stuck with a regular edition.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Hooray.

Not that I've ever seen. Why?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I mentioned my dilemma in the other thread, but I'm going out of town tonight - Sunday. My girlfriend is picking up my (legendary) copy today and it'll just be sitting here....taunting me.

I didn't have the heart to tell her how big it was. Hopefully she doesn't break up with me when she goes to pick it up

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Hooray.

I was going to find the store number and call you all day. Asking if you'd played it yet.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jesus, god, broseiden, whomever is listening: Please don't let the other nerds that waited in line get all the limited editions. Please let the manager on duty be cool and let me snag one as they go to the floor *prays harder*

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Hooray.

I was going to find the store number and call you all day. Asking if you'd played it yet.

I should have known.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Hooray.

I should have known.

I could still do this you know. You can't have too many game shops on that prison island of yours.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I could still do this you know. You can't have too many game shops on that prison island of yours.

130+ alone in the company I work for.

Good luck with that :wink:

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

They're unlockable by playing the game.

Noble Six Actual on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

They're unlockable by playing the game.

So no fun bucks for Jorge's avatar helmet?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bah!

I wish GS would break the street date today. I always take the Monday after opening NFL weekend off and I'd love to be playing Reach right now.

Yall on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man.. the achievements in this game are useless. I mean, Achievements are useless anyway, but I look at the good ones as like a badge of honor. Like hey look I killed all four survivors as a tank in l4d. Complete firefight on legendary without dying is a good one too, but now you can just hop on there and turn on invincibility and just stand there and hold the trigger down.

And even if you do it legit everyone'll just call BS on it. Not a big deal or anything but still, it like takes away your bragging rights.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That only applies to the 6 Firefight achievements. You can't turn on Invincibility for Campaign.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You want to MNC Kor?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Christ. I just had a dream about this game.

Arrath on