As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT - Build to the sky, Dig to the depths. Join the masses.

• Options
    vernesvernes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    Going to make Unseen University's Library.
    If that's possible.

You need to add narratium blocks to influence the thaumatic radiation level high enough to bend l-space.
    That and google for architectural tricks to trick the eye about the depth and dimensions of a building...

vernes on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm totally going to die trying to build my home in "The Bleak," but it will be worth it when I'm done.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, if there are any caves in lavaland they're all submerged beneath fiery death. Looks like I'll have to dig and pray.

Falx on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    halkun, my brother just came running into my room this morning and told me he had something awesome to show me. This is the guy who never initiates conversation regarding games. Your ship is building bridges-!

Big Classy on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Just want to point out that this is rotated 90 counterclockwise.

DOH.

Ein on
  • Options
    vernesvernes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    aaaand that was page 65, reading this thread to get up to date is all I can do at work without getting fired.
    Congratz on Internet-fame halkun.
    I hope I can get myself to visit your ship before getting sucked back in EvilMonkeySlayer's dig-project :P

vernes on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Falx wrote: »
    Ugh, if there are any caves in lavaland they're all submerged beneath fiery death. Looks like I'll have to dig and pray.

When i log in tonight, i'm getting some iron for tools, stocking up on wood and shipping off to fire island. I Might set up an offshore platform as a homebase/ tree farm if its allowed.

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Updated map that isn't turned the wrong way:

newworldmap2.jpg

Lol.

Ein on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    halkun, don't forget about us when you're drinking caviar out of supermodel asses.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Just a heads-up, as well.

I have the old version of the map available for download. If you want the URL, PM me. I'm doing this so the work we put into Columbia / Rapture doesn't get publicly disseminated and so some random d-bag doesn't claim that the work of 30-40 people collectively was something he made by himself. It might be fun to dick around with on singleplayer.

Ein on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm torn between spending time on new rapture/columbia with all you fine folks or finishing my massive organic hive city on my singleplayer world. There's just not enough time to do both.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    The Mighty ThesaurusThe Mighty Thesaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    halkun wrote: »
    Any questions?

Are you god?

The Mighty Thesaurus on
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can someone PM the address for Ein's server? I can't get on Steam here at work.

iamthepieman on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just saw your video linked on RPS Halkun.

You glorious insane bastard.

LewieP on
  • Options
    PaulTheAfraidPaulTheAfraid Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    (I haven't been able to keep up with this thread as well as I would like, so if something like this has already been discussed, please disregard this post).

The idea for an intercontinental transit system for Colapture (or whatever we're calling it now) has been brought up, but I've been thinking about how we could really do it.

A network of underground waterways (say, 6x6 and 10 blocks below sea level) could connect all the continents. There would be no elevation changes and a minimal amount of turns in each tunnel. These tunnels would go through the heart of each continent, each of which would have a sort of subway station that matched the theme of its respective area.

I know /warp trivializes travel over long distances, but I still think this would be a pretty cool and useful addition to the server. We would have to do it sooner rather than later because of all the stuff that could potentially be built in its prospective path in the very near future. It's a big project that would require a fair amount of planning and quite a bit of labor, so I wanted to see what you guys think.

PaulTheAfraid on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've constructed the crossbeams of Zeal over the Archipelago. I've put up signs requesting that people not build under or around the tower. I hope people respect that.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, Delz, sorry about the platform. After I put the map up, I realized I forgot to put it back in.

Ein on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ein is there a specific place in that world to mine for gold, I ask because the map notes where diamonds and iron are plentiful

M.D. on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    man, I go to sleep for 14 hours and you fuckers get famous.

Mercy, I just put a dent in my table because of reach yesterday. looks like minecraft only from here on out.

belligerent on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you really need iron, type /iron

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Congrats Halkun, your creation now has a life of its own...complete with an ecosystem of internet nerds either praising its construction or raging that you 'cheated' by not doing it all by hand.

Oh, internet, you're so cute when you're all nerd rage-y.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any questions?

Are you god?

Nah.

After all, what does god need with a starship?

Tamin on
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tamin wrote: »
    Any questions?

Are you god?

Nah.

After all, what does god need with a starship?

:^:

citizen059 on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Idoliside wrote: »
    Ok, I have a server up with the ship in it. I have a backup so feel free to explore
    http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=f31791de173c977593002a7cd6f25fe3

My god, the thing is much more immense in person!

It's not working for me :(

login on minecraft.net first

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ein is there a specific place in that world to mine for gold, I ask because the map notes where diamonds and iron are plentiful

No, because Gold is useless.

Ein on
  • Options
    slugabedslugabed Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    (I haven't been able to keep up with this thread as well as I would like, so if something like this has already been discussed, please disregard this post).

The idea for an intercontinental transit system for Colapture (or whatever we're calling it now) has been brought up, but I've been thinking about how we could really do it.

A network of underground waterways (say, 6x6 and 10 blocks below sea level) could connect all the continents. There would be no elevation changes and a minimal amount of turns in each tunnel. These tunnels would go through the heart of each continent, each of which would have a sort of subway station that matched the theme of its respective area.

I know /warp trivializes travel over long distances, but I still think this would be a pretty cool and useful addition to the server. We would have to do it sooner rather than later because of all the stuff that could potentially be built in its prospective path in the very near future. It's a big project that would require a fair amount of planning and quite a bit of labor, so I wanted to see what you guys think.

Maybe even if it wasn't for transportation it could be used to give tours.

slugabed on
  • Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you type "minecraft" into google the results go
    1. Halkun's vid
    2. MINECRAFT.NET

Holy. Freaking. Shit. You're now more famous (albeit less wealthy) than Notch himself!

PoultryGeist on
    IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love the idea of a subway system of sorts. It would just be an overall fun project to work on.

Sipex on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ein wrote: »

No, because Gold is useless.

I actually plan to use a good amount of gold on the minarets for Zeal Palace. And don't worry about the platform - I think it will be cooler if I build it entirely myself.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is the Enterprise slightly smaller than full scale, or is the very top of the saucer cut off?

jackal on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someone should one up halkun and make a 1:1 scale death star, just saying

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »

The thought's crossed my mind. I had a better idea, though: 1:1 Babylon 5.

... 5 miles long, ~8,046 meters.

Are the worlds even that big?

Tamin on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

The worlds are infinitely wide. Your only concern is height.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    1. Halkun's vid
    2. MINECRAFT.NET

Holy. Freaking. Shit. You're now more famous (albeit less wealthy) than Notch himself!

WvtAt.png

nope.avi

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    May I please be added to the Steam Group please?

Profile is here.

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    1. Halkun's vid
    2. MINECRAFT.NET

WvtAt.png
    nope.avi

To be fair, it's the first news item, so depending on how you have google set up, it could be the 1st thing you see.

belligerent on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »

The world is only 128 meters high, and only 127 is useable, so height is pretty limiting. The Enterprise D is about 10 meters too high. A Battlestar would be 50% taller than the available space. Pretty much any space station would be too big. The Death star is 1000 times taller than the world allows.

jackal on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A skeleton kocked me back into a pool of laval :(

noobert on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Isometric render linked for size.

This might be arguably more helpful for explorers.

Ein on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jackal wrote: »
    Barrabas wrote: »

The world is only 128 meters high, and only 127 is useable, so height is pretty limiting. The Enterprise D is about 10 meters too high. A Battlestar would be 50% taller than the available space. Pretty much any space station would be too big. The Death star is 1000 times taller than the world allows.

Yeah but how hard would it be to make a custom world and make it any height you wish?

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
This discussion has been closed.