As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] Disney Phalla- Welcome To Yensid:: Game Over! Village Victory

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It was a dark and stormy night, or day, and you were all quite happy with it. Well, miserable is more the accurate word. Miserable, angry, upset, and rather OK with that fact and those words.

But then you heard it, over there, or maybe it was over there. A giggle. Laughter. Happiness. There was something coming after you, or watching you but you weren't exactly sure what, or who. Now, feelings of trepidation and worry were normal around here, after all you are all villains and criminals and monsters.

But this was different. This was something so nefarious, so sinister, that you knew not what to expect or what to do. So you did what you always do in this situation, not that you've ever really been in this situation before, but that is not the point of this statement. You did what made sense.

You went to the village square, although it's more ovoid, but it was certainly not green. Perhaps it should be called the Lair's Grey, or the Wicked Center, but more to the point, you went there. And you found others around you. Some you recognized, others you were still unsure of. But somewhere, amongst this town and these people, somewhere... there is a giggler.

Or more than one, as you heard the sound again, laughter this time, full throated and happy. You turn one way, the others turn other ways, it was madness. And then, it was as though your evilness had all coalesced into one coherent thought as you looked at each other under the cloak of darkness, rain, and deceit.

One of you must die until the bringers of happiness are found.

This is your lawn, dammit.

DAY ONE STARTS NOW.

VOTE CLOSE AT 11PM EST TOMORROW, FRIDAY, 1 OCTOBER.

any votes occurring at 10:59pm will be accepted. Any occurring at 11:00pm will not.

have fun storming the castle!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That's a pretty nice narration.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Megatin, how dare you even think about bringing in joy, love and piece!

MaxFrost on
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have fun storming the castle!
    the-princess-bride-20090325044021402_640w.jpg

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MaxFrost for not using bold text. Shame on you, newbie!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And the polyhedral of doom falls onto...

Crumble!

So, I'll leave it there for now, but if something happens (yeah, yeah, day one, but still, you never know), I'm very willing to change it.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dunadan deserves no place in a newbie phalla

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Have to agree with Spoit. I (hope I) don't belong here either but Dunadan has a special intimidating style.

You know I don't otherwise day 1 you Dunadan, not even through special or mafia kills.

Alegis on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    In case I still can't get to the forums at work, dunadan is as good of a default as any.

Megatin on
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Voting Dunadan day 1 is not cool.

Even if he does like to dress up like a princess.

Don't judge.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    screw that, my style is finding mafia and you're afraid I'm gonna name someone like Megatin

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dunadan has actually slid a few phalla without dying day 1. SHENANIGANS!

ronrab on
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Dagon wrote: »
    Voting Dunadan day 1 is not cool.

o_O

daniant on
  • Options
    CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Are all the newbies ganging up on the vets??

Void Slayer to keep my day 1 votes consistant. :P

Crumble on
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And the winner is Megatin!

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    DJP3710 wrote: »
    And the winner is [strike]Megatin![/strike]Dunadan019

This is a Dunadan vote I can get behind!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Good morning my evildoers!

Or not, no, it's not a good morning, it's a miserable morning with cloudy skies and danger looming just over that hill.

It's perfect.

You have roughly 7 hours to figure out which one of your population you would like to banish from Yensid forever.

Do NOT forget to send in orders. Inactivus may be gentle here in Yensid, but he is not completely forgiving.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Someone is obviously a little too... Happy! Capfalcon for bringing joy to Ahava.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Someone is obviously a little too... Happy! Capfalcon for bringing joy to Ahava.

Shhh! You'll blow my cover! I'm just trying to get her to trust me, so that I can stab a knife in the back later, thereby shattering all that may be good and right within her soul.

I mean, Duh! What kind of villain are you!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dunadan seems like too obvious a target, so I'll go with Megatin

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The_Anonymous, forever and always.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Shhh! You'll blow my cover! I'm just trying to get her to trust me, so that I can stab a knife in the back later, thereby shattering all that may be good and right within her soul.

I mean, Duh! What kind of villain are you!

A disney villain. Why do you even need to ask? BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ONE OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Man, votes for me in two games dunadan? That's just not nice.

Megatin on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Ahh, yes. The time honored tradition of day one Duna-wagon. I generally don't like these, but its best to let folks get it out of their system once in awhile.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    godmode wrote: »
    I lol'd

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Dunadan cause it's what all the cool kids are doing.

mascara305 on
    Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Epic Reveal

I'm the Magic Mirror AKA the seer, thanks for forcing me into the role I really didn't want to use for the newbie game but now you have no choice. Switch your votes and guard me.

I really hate you all.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, crap. Alegis, then. He's a not-newbie.

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Why do I get the sneaking feeling that somehow the RNG gave all the experienced players the powers and the newbies aren't actually gonna learn anything?

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Figures.

DJP3710 your name will be far too difficult for me to remember, so off you go.

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Why do I get the sneaking feeling that somehow the RNG gave all the experienced players the powers and the newbies aren't actually gonna learn anything?

Yeah because you can't learn anything without having a role enabling you to, it's in your PM and if you're villager you need to shut off your brain.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I have learned over time that Dunadan is one of the few players who is useful in any role he gets. Hell, I wouldn't vote for him if he was Snow White herself.

godmode on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

Yeah because you can't learn anything without having a role enabling you to, it's in your PM and if you're villager you need to shut off your brain.

You forgot your paperclip!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited October 2010

That's pretty much what's been happening so far with the massive Duna wagon.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

That has nothing to do with your terribad statement! (screw paperclips smiley_moustache.gif)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    smiley_moustache.gif- I see you are trying to save the seer! Would you like some help with that?
    I think we have our paper clip

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited October 2010

That has nothing to do with your terribad statement! (screw paperclips smiley_moustache.gif)

Fine. Response to statement. If we have an experienced player form a successful network early on then no one will learn anything. Everyone will Sheep to high heavens. I didn't say that villagers can't help, it just seems like although a big public network, while making it easier to win, will teach less to newbies.

Blah.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    godmode wrote: »

Um, sure, what the hell. Waffles are better anyways. The_Anonymous

Mordroth on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I promise not to be heavy handed.

so... voting for someone else would be nice.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I promise not to be heavy handed.

so... voting for someone else would be nice.....

Did you try asking the mustache?

Kias on
    steam_sig.png