Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Chat] you, George Lucas!

1383941434457

Posts

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    ugh.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I thought GOG was verboten and they lost all of their good will with their little charade.

    I wasn't aware of such a thing. They apologized, in any case, and acknowledged how they handled the transition was poor. People are certainly excited about Planescape: Torment becoming available on GOG.

    wait what?

    GOG isn't dead. Long live GOG.

    ??????

    I feel I must have missed something

    GOG went down recently with a message saying 'lol market conditions' and the internet cried because they couldn't buy as many old ass games online anymore.

    But it turned out to be some kind of hoax to garner attention for it's 2nd anniversary relaunch and the release of Planescape: Torment to their library.

    Yeah, uhh, that's an interesting spin on what actually happened.

    RiemannLives on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    White people fill in the correct response to a question on an IQ test like this.
    Black people fill in the correct response to a question on an IQ test like this.

    emnmnme on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    White people fill in the correct response to a question on an IQ test like this.
    Black people fill in the correct response to a question on an IQ test like this.

    they're gonna find you find find find you

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I thought GOG was verboten and they lost all of their good will with their little charade.

    I wasn't aware of such a thing. They apologized, in any case, and acknowledged how they handled the transition was poor. People are certainly excited about Planescape: Torment becoming available on GOG.

    wait what?

    GOG isn't dead. Long live GOG.

    ??????

    I feel I must have missed something

    GOG went down recently with a message saying 'lol market conditions' and the internet cried because they couldn't buy as many old ass games online anymore.

    But it turned out to be some kind of hoax to garner attention for it's 2nd anniversary relaunch and the release of Planescape: Torment to their library.

    Yeah, uhh, that's an interesting spin on what actually happened.

    I have spent 15 seconds on google throughly researching this.

    Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh.

    I'm sure touchscreen controls would do it a lot of justice, thank you very much

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so are the bio-social-cognitive modellers who emphasize the biological/ genetic underpinnings of poor IQ test performance of black people then doing a racist thing?

    Yes, in no small part because they would be emphasizing a thing that has no evidence for its existence.

    If it did exist, then maybe, depending on the context.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    ugh.

    I'm sure touchscreen controls would do it a lot of justice, thank you very much

    Poor Annah.

    Incenjucar on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also fun fact: There is less of a genetic difference between your average black person and white person than between the entire genetic diaspora that is commonly called "black."

    In short race is a construct and should not be used as a concept in anything involving genetics.

    there is less an average height difference between women and men (maybe three inches) than in the height variance in the entire genetic subclass of men (what - three feet to eight feet?)

    but women are still significantly shorter than men.

    Also they tend to have vaginas

    OH NO MY LEFTIST WORLDVIEW IS CRUMBLING

    But no seriously congrats you've figured out that there are distinct differences between difference people, good for you.

    Too bad that's not enough to make the logical leap to "women can't do math"

    but i didn't say that women can't do math

    what i'm saying is that this dismissive statistical sophistry doesn't help the position that you're trying to establish.

    You are missing the point, again. I don't want to keep typing this.

    We are not dismissing the statistics. They exist. There may be, and can be, measurable differences in ability (possibly based solely on genetics!) between races, genders, and whatever have you.

    But it literally doesn't mean anything other than "there are differences between people."

    Which was Psycho's point: You can isolate a statistically significant population that is better or worse at something, on average than another population. But what do you do with that knowledge? Hoorah, you have identified that different people are good or bad at different things!

    At best it is simply pointless data, at worst it can be used by less moral people to reinforce damaging stereotypes.

    The social and life sciences has long since realized this, and just kind of given up on the whole thing.

    Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    In fact, Will, I think that is why I get agitated with your postings: You tend to ascribe some ridiculous strawman motive to behaviors you disagree with

    See: This genetics argument, the digital media argument, the "nerd entitlement" argument

    I don't ignore genetic basis, I just think it is less useful, and more difficult to pin down than a sociocultural one
    I want instant media that I purchase legitimately, not to pirate media
    I don't just rabble against social norms because the man; I legitimately feel like they are arbitrary and damaging

    i guess what i find irritating is that I generally see the shorthand of the positions you mention here, which don't acknowledge the complexity of the positions, and it's greeted by a rousing round of backslapping and thumbs-ups.

    it feels facile to me, and i usually end up on the side of positions that i 90% disagree with because i feel like the only way to keep the discussion honest is to present the opposite side.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also fun fact: There is less of a genetic difference between your average black person and white person than between the entire genetic diaspora that is commonly called "black."

    In short race is a construct and should not be used as a concept in anything involving genetics.

    there is less an average height difference between women and men (maybe three inches) than in the height variance in the entire genetic subclass of men (what - three feet to eight feet?)

    but women are still significantly shorter than men.

    That's not even a genetic difference though

    it's not genetic that women are on average shorter than men?

    what is it then?

    height in general is largely non-genetic

    sexual differentiation in humans is usually mostly genetic

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong My lit AF posts will leave you shook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will I don't think I ever proposed a model of "Your product, only free."

    I was simply wondering why, in this age of instant information transfer, it takes so long for legitimate copies of translated media to appear.

    You have really ascribed a sinister motive (piracy) to my wonderings! I don't want to pirate things, I have money! I would buy them if they were released in a format that more engenders itself to the speed at which I consume media (i.e. very quickly, and impatiently)

    no, i didn't mean to say that you are pirating this stuff.

    but what you're asking is why they can't keep up with the pirated fansubs

    and i guess my answer was "business concerns and also why try to compete directly against something that is your product but free?"

    Apparently the real reason behind this is that Japanese companies with distribution rights are delusional about markets outside Japan. That and translation companies who love their product too much to take an honest look at demand.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also fun fact: There is less of a genetic difference between your average black person and white person than between the entire genetic diaspora that is commonly called "black."

    In short race is a construct and should not be used as a concept in anything involving genetics.

    there is less an average height difference between women and men (maybe three inches) than in the height variance in the entire genetic subclass of men (what - three feet to eight feet?)

    but women are still significantly shorter than men.

    That's not even a genetic difference though

    it's not genetic that women are on average shorter than men?

    what is it then?

    Developmental biology has identified it as a mixture of parental physiology, genetics, and nutrition.

    It's got nothing to do with higher oestrogen levels in women promoting the sealing of the long bones earlier in women than men then?

    And these raised oestrogen levels are definitely not genetic in origin. They just happen, by magic.

    Also black people are more likely to have sickle cell disease. Is that racist?

    edit: oh and sickle cell is definitely not genetic in origin. It, too, is magic.

    edit2: this is stupid.

    Daxon on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so are the bio-social-cognitive modellers who emphasize the biological/ genetic underpinnings of poor IQ test performance of black people then doing a racist thing?

    Yes, in no small part because they would be emphasizing a thing that has no evidence for its existence.

    If it did exist, then maybe, depending on the context.

    That's veering a little to close to "some things are not allowed to be researched" for my comfort. I don't hold with the idea that anything is out of bounds to legitimate research.

    RiemannLives on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »

    Poor Annah.

    She sez she doesn't wear a lot of clothes because she gets hot!

    emnmnme on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    But is does explain rhythm and basketball, arch

    Ludious on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will I don't think I ever proposed a model of "Your product, only free."

    I was simply wondering why, in this age of instant information transfer, it takes so long for legitimate copies of translated media to appear.

    You have really ascribed a sinister motive (piracy) to my wonderings! I don't want to pirate things, I have money! I would buy them if they were released in a format the more engenders itself to the speed at which I consume media (i.e. very quickly, and impatiently)

    Other people will, too. If you make it just as easy to get something legally then some people will buy your stuff rather than pirate it. GOG sells DRM-less games. You could just get these games for free, you could even perhaps find the GOG installers themselves, but people do buy from GOG and you can even search for Master of Orion or Planescape Torment, whatever, and see that the GOG versions haven't been leaked on places like Pirate Bay. Good will goes a long way.

    am i misremembering or did GOG go out of business?

    in any case, they also provide(d) compatibility layers with modern OS's, which is an incredibly important service.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Also black people are more likely to have sickle cell disease. Is that racist?

    Welcome to three pages ago.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    das raycist

    Ludious on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    God dammit Daxon I just explained the sickle cell thing, and if you extend the metaphor to women you will see the point I am trying to make.

    Also raised estrogen levels can correspond not only to genetics, but also to environmental interference in regulatory regions that increase production of estrogen even in males.

    Arch on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also fun fact: There is less of a genetic difference between your average black person and white person than between the entire genetic diaspora that is commonly called "black."

    In short race is a construct and should not be used as a concept in anything involving genetics.

    there is less an average height difference between women and men (maybe three inches) than in the height variance in the entire genetic subclass of men (what - three feet to eight feet?)

    but women are still significantly shorter than men.

    Also they tend to have vaginas

    OH NO MY LEFTIST WORLDVIEW IS CRUMBLING

    But no seriously congrats you've figured out that there are distinct differences between difference people, good for you.

    Too bad that's not enough to make the logical leap to "women can't do math"

    but i didn't say that women can't do math

    what i'm saying is that this dismissive statistical sophistry doesn't help the position that you're trying to establish.

    I know you didn't say woman can't do math. Because it would make no sense to assume that because a certain population is genetically predisposed to be shorter, they would also be genetically predisposed to be poor at math. The former has nothing to do with the latter.

    It would make equally little sense to assume that because a certain population has darker skin, they are also genetically predisposed to have lower IQs.

    Maybe some populations do tend to have lower IQs. This has nothing to do with the color of their skin, or the shape of their nose, or whether or not they have vaginas.

    Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Also black people are more likely to have sickle cell disease. Is that racist?

    Welcome to three pages ago.

    So I have better things than read every page of [chat] constantly, sue me.

    Daxon on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just had some reese peeses for lunch, I guess it doesn't have the same impact as when its for breakfast.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    so are the bio-social-cognitive modellers who emphasize the biological/ genetic underpinnings of poor IQ test performance of black people then doing a racist thing?

    Yes, in no small part because they would be emphasizing a thing that has no evidence for its existence.

    If it did exist, then maybe, depending on the context.

    That's veering a little to close to "some things are not allowed to be researched" for my comfort. I don't hold with the idea that anything is out of bounds to legitimate research.

    There's nothing wrong with studying populations for average statistics; it can be used to target populations who need more resources to obtain equity with other populations. The problem is that this is very rarely what actually happens. It's evo-psych all over again.

    Incenjucar on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So yes Daxon

    by magic

    way to do the opposite of what will is complaining "we" do- that is, disregard any sort of other influence other than DNA on human growth and development

    Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Which is my point- a lot of industries don't seem to understand the fact that they can instantly deliver their product to any point in the world at any time.

    The market is huge, and it exists for every media, not just "ololz animes basement kids with no dollars"

    piracy is such a concern in russia that russian dubs of new movies are often released right around launch with the hopes that it might at least pull a few sales out of that market. i'm not sure if it's lucrative, but it continues. i assume the philosophy is that something is better than nothing.

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Also black people are more likely to have sickle cell disease. Is that racist?

    Welcome to three pages ago.

    So I have better things than read every page of [chat] constantly, sue me.

    I'm suing you, actually

    see you in court

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Also fun fact: There is less of a genetic difference between your average black person and white person than between the entire genetic diaspora that is commonly called "black."

    In short race is a construct and should not be used as a concept in anything involving genetics.

    there is less an average height difference between women and men (maybe three inches) than in the height variance in the entire genetic subclass of men (what - three feet to eight feet?)

    but women are still significantly shorter than men.

    That's not even a genetic difference though

    it's not genetic that women are on average shorter than men?

    what is it then?

    height in general is largely non-genetic

    sexual differentiation in humans is usually mostly genetic

    Nutrition seems to be the single largest factor. You can see a fairly rapid change in the height of the average European after the importation of crops from North America allowed for more complete diets.

    Thomamelas on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    Also black people are more likely to have sickle cell disease. Is that racist?

    Welcome to three pages ago.

    So I have better things than read every page of [chat] constantly, sue me.

    I'm suing you, actually

    see you in court

    Bluff status: called.

    Silas Brown on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong My lit AF posts will leave you shook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will I don't think I ever proposed a model of "Your product, only free."

    I was simply wondering why, in this age of instant information transfer, it takes so long for legitimate copies of translated media to appear.

    You have really ascribed a sinister motive (piracy) to my wonderings! I don't want to pirate things, I have money! I would buy them if they were released in a format the more engenders itself to the speed at which I consume media (i.e. very quickly, and impatiently)

    Other people will, too. If you make it just as easy to get something legally then some people will buy your stuff rather than pirate it. GOG sells DRM-less games. You could just get these games for free, you could even perhaps find the GOG installers themselves, but people do buy from GOG and you can even search for Master of Orion or Planescape Torment, whatever, and see that the GOG versions haven't been leaked on places like Pirate Bay. Good will goes a long way.

    am i misremembering or did GOG go out of business?

    in any case, they also provide(d) compatibility layers with modern OS's, which is an incredibly important service.

    They relaunched with a much nicer website an deals with major publishers. So far from it.

    They did pull a really shitty marketing stunt where as the new website was getting deployed, they threw up a notice that implied they were shutting down to grab some headlines. It was an awful, AWFUL idea, because their "comeback" didn't garner nearly as much attention and now people (very understandably) think things like what you posted here. It was moronic.

    Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Which is my point- a lot of industries don't seem to understand the fact that they can instantly deliver their product to any point in the world at any time.

    The market is huge, and it exists for every media, not just "ololz animes basement kids with no dollars"

    piracy is such a concern in russia that russian dubs of new movies are often released right around launch with the hopes that it might at least pull a few sales out of that market. i'm not sure if it's lucrative, but it continues. i assume the philosophy is that something is better than nothing.

    Your point confuses me, because I think you just agreed with me

    Arch on
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will I don't think I ever proposed a model of "Your product, only free."

    I was simply wondering why, in this age of instant information transfer, it takes so long for legitimate copies of translated media to appear.

    You have really ascribed a sinister motive (piracy) to my wonderings! I don't want to pirate things, I have money! I would buy them if they were released in a format the more engenders itself to the speed at which I consume media (i.e. very quickly, and impatiently)

    Other people will, too. If you make it just as easy to get something legally then some people will buy your stuff rather than pirate it. GOG sells DRM-less games. You could just get these games for free, you could even perhaps find the GOG installers themselves, but people do buy from GOG and you can even search for Master of Orion or Planescape Torment, whatever, and see that the GOG versions haven't been leaked on places like Pirate Bay. Good will goes a long way.

    am i misremembering or did GOG go out of business?

    in any case, they also provide(d) compatibility layers with modern OS's, which is an incredibly important service.

    They took their site down for 2 days to update it from "beta" to "release" version. And a single tweet right beforehand + the very vauge placeholder message whipped up a lot of speculation.

    Fact is the company is fine, making lots of money and has just brought in several very high profile new games to their service (Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment).

    No DRM seems to work, and work well.

    RiemannLives on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Will I don't think I ever proposed a model of "Your product, only free."

    I was simply wondering why, in this age of instant information transfer, it takes so long for legitimate copies of translated media to appear.

    You have really ascribed a sinister motive (piracy) to my wonderings! I don't want to pirate things, I have money! I would buy them if they were released in a format the more engenders itself to the speed at which I consume media (i.e. very quickly, and impatiently)

    Other people will, too. If you make it just as easy to get something legally then some people will buy your stuff rather than pirate it. GOG sells DRM-less games. You could just get these games for free, you could even perhaps find the GOG installers themselves, but people do buy from GOG and you can even search for Master of Orion or Planescape Torment, whatever, and see that the GOG versions haven't been leaked on places like Pirate Bay. Good will goes a long way.

    am i misremembering or did GOG go out of business?

    in any case, they also provide(d) compatibility layers with modern OS's, which is an incredibly important service.

    They relaunched with a much nicer website an deals with major publishers. So far from it.

    They did pull a really shitty marketing stunt where as the new website was getting deployed, they threw up a notice that implied they were shutting down to grab some headlines. It was an awful, AWFUL idea, because their "comeback" didn't garner nearly as much attention and now people (very understandably) think things like what you posted here. It was moronic.

    GOG also didn't have one of their usual sales last weekend and that pissed me off.

    emnmnme on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that in today and age that black people are as "smart" on average as white people is dumb.

    Anyone who thinks this is because of genetics is a bloody moron.

    you know this because you have done years of research, right?

    because you are en expert on cognitive biology, right?

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    God dammit Daxon I just explained the sickle cell thing, and if you extend the metaphor to women you will see the point I am trying to make.

    Also raised estrogen levels can correspond not only to genetics, but also to environmental interference in regulatory regions that increase production of estrogen even in males.

    Yeah but how are those environments created? May it perchance be some genetic factors being turn on and off at appropriate times resulting in this?

    Nah, it's probably magic.

    I know you didn't say woman can't do math. Because it would make no sense to assume that because a certain population is genetically predisposed to be shorter, they would also be genetically predisposed to be poor at math. The former has nothing to do with the latter.

    It would make equally little sense to assume that because a certain population has darker skin, they are also genetically predisposed to have lower IQs.

    But one could argue that dark skin is a marker for a genetic trait of lower IQ if one has found that those with darker skin do poorly on IQ tests given the same education/whatnot as a lighter skinned individual.

    Though any such research would be retarded.

    Daxon on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will I seriously hope you are not going to start arguing the Bell Curve.

    no, i'm not. i didn't read the book.

    but i remember when that book was published, the reflexive response from the right was to say "well yeah we know that black people are stupid" and the reflexive response from the left was to try to nibble away at his statistics or data.

    and it basically seemed like an enormous exercise in confirmation bias on both sides. the left was not going to ever accept evidence of any kind of cognitive difference between races, and the right was going to do the opposite, even if it meant having to eat some crow about how smart askinazi jews are.

    You are hilariously misinterpreting not only what that work contained, but the critical response to it.

    This is rather telling.

    explain to me what i'm "hilariously misinterpreting" then

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit I'm a good person yes it's trueRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    epigenetics and environmental differences: magic

    Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks that in today and age that black people are as "smart" on average as white people is dumb.

    Anyone who thinks this is because of genetics is a bloody moron.

    you know this because you have done years of research, right?

    because you are en expert on cognitive biology, right?


    as an english major,

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Witchdr wrote: »
    So Will more Halos tonight?

    that is my plan!

    Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • GimGim a quietly erotic life Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, Earthworm Jim 3D.

    *sobs*

    Gim on
This discussion has been closed.