As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 Information and FAQ Thread (QUESTIONS GO HERE!)

• Options
    KolathKolath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah, searching fail on my part. Thanks!

Kolath on
  • Options
    TweekinatorTweekinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Another PAX noob here, I've noticed a lot of DS stuff beiing talked about. Would it be advisable for someone who does not own a DS to purchase one from PAX?

Tweekinator on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Are you asking if you should buy one for PAX or buy one at PAX?

If it's the former, I wouldn't call it necessary. If you were thinking about it already, this might serve as a good excuse, but I wouldn't get one just for PAX.

If it's the latter, then no, mainly because you won't be able to buy one at PAX itself.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Another PAX noob here, I've noticed a lot of DS stuff beiing talked about. Would it be advisable for someone who does not own a DS to purchase one from PAX?

Wait until the 19th, when the US launch date for the 3DS will be announced. :)

Heleor on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    Wait until the 19th, when the US launch date for the 3DS will be announced. :)

*You buy the DS*

2 days later...

"THE 3DS HIT THE SHELVES TODAY!!!!"

Mother F-er....

Similar account....

*You buy a Steam game*

1 day layer...

"THE GAME YOU JUST BOUGHT IS NOW ON SALE :D"

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    lbwilson3rdlbwilson3rd Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Has there been any word on the DM Challenge at PAX East 2011? I didn't see anything at the Wizards site.

lbwilson3rd on
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Has there been any word on the DM Challenge at PAX East 2011? I didn't see anything at the Wizards site.

Nothing has been announced yet, I would check back in a couple of weeks,

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    frostboltfrostbolt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I lurked and lurked to no avail. Are there plans to do another pokecrawl this year?

frostbolt on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Atlus will get to it. I have little doubt about that.

There's a lot of work that goes into the Pokecrawl and the Tri-Wizard, this past year added a new wrinkle in that the amount of people who showed up was staggering. I'm willing to bet Atlus is taking that into account.

Fear not, you'll hear something soon.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes.

Expect a signup post to be made soon :)

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dude, everyone is lurking for that. WE ASK THE SAME QUESTION EVERYDAY.
    :-P

Nullthread on
  • Options
    frostboltfrostbolt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thanks for the speedy replies! Ill keep an eye out for the sheet- my boyfriend and I are excited!

frostbolt on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    haha ...

I've been slacking on my end (finalizing the bar list); just been busy with work and all that jazz. I'm doing one more pass tonight, just been hard finding enough places that can come close to meeting our capacity needs :\

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »
    haha ...

I've been slacking on my end (finalizing the bar list); just been busy with work and all that jazz. I'm doing one more pass tonight, just been hard finding enough places that can come close to meeting our capacity needs :\
    pfffft.
    slacker. ;-)

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    The SlayerThe Slayer Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Time for the noob question.

I'm planning on getting my passes soon but don't have the money at the moment. Any ideas how many more passes are available or how much longer there is to buy them before they're sold out?

The Slayer on
    Nothin' to see here.
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I think last East sold out about a month before the show, maybe sooner. We're about 2 months away now. I'd expect something closer to 6 weeks this time around.

So....yeah, buy ASAP.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Slayer wrote: »
    Time for the noob question.

I'm planning on getting my passes soon but don't have the money at the moment. Any ideas how many more passes are available or how much longer there is to buy them before they're sold out?

Before an admin addresses the actual status of badges, I will say one piece of advice. Don't hesitate. The minute you have the money buy your pass. East is going to be more popular this year than last year due to word of mouth. If you can't make it, you can easily sell your pass and will definitely get your money back in the transaction.

Of course I'm just repeating what others have said, so if this was already your intention I apologize.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I keep seeing "Shuttle" next to the hotels that are not in the immediate vicinity of the BCEC. Does that mean there will be shuttle busses to/from those hotels, especially after the T closes at 1am?

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey i bought a 3 day pass but can not use it is there a place i can sell it and if so is there a link to this place

rascrush on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Searched over the thread, didn't see anything on this:

Will the @pax_lines twitterering account be expanded to cover all event lines, or only the mainstage events?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    rascrush wrote: »
    hey i bought a 3 day pass but can not use it is there a place i can sell it and if so is there a link to this place

There will be a forum thread with that info eventually. Look for it around when passes start selling out and/or when people start getting them in the mail.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I apologize if this question has been asked, but the search button doesn't seem to be working on my browser: I want to register for PAX, but I don't have a working printer at home and my work blocks Paxsite.com, is the printing when I register 100% necessary?

Proeliator on
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Proeliator wrote: »
    I apologize if this question has been asked, but the search button doesn't seem to be working on my browser: I want to register for PAX, but I don't have a working printer at home and my work blocks Paxsite.com, is the printing when I register 100% necessary?

You have the option to print to document (using your local document writer to create a pdf). I'd suggest doing that so you maintain a backup copy of your ticket.

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Proeliator wrote: »

You have the option to print to document (using your local document writer to create a pdf). I'd suggest doing that so you maintain a backup copy of your ticket.

Many Thanks!

Proeliator on
  • Options
    LibrarianofdoomLibrarianofdoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hi....

I sincerely apologize if this has been asked and answered...

I got my East ticket as a Christmas gift (fantastic) but was wondering this: the gifter said that the didn't choose the shipping option, but I thought that all the badges were mailed. Is this right, or is my printout with the barcode the pass to get in and I get my badge at the door?

On another note...what if my address changes before PAX East and I need to have the badge sent somewhere else? Then what happens? It looks like I might be moving about 3-4 weeks beforehand, and I dont know if they'll forward it....

Thanks!

Librarianofdoom on
    The Princess Who Saved Herself
  • Options
    RegalCabbageRegalCabbage Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I heard a rumor that the skin would be available again at PAX East, anyone have any information on it?

RegalCabbage on
  • Options
    TweekinatorTweekinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    whypick1 wrote: »
    Are you asking if you should buy one for PAX or buy one at PAX?

If it's the former, I wouldn't call it necessary. If you were thinking about it already, this might serve as a good excuse, but I wouldn't get one just for PAX.

If it's the latter, then no, mainly because you won't be able to buy one at PAX itself.

I was asking about buying one for PAX. Thanks for the help!

Tweekinator on
  • Options
    v1ralv1ral Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Finally got my E-mail confirming my media badge approval. All is good now.

v1ral on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Hi....

I got my East ticket as a Christmas gift (fantastic) but was wondering this: the gifter said that the didn't choose the shipping option, but I thought that all the badges were mailed. Is this right, or is my printout with the barcode the pass to get in and I get my badge at the door?

On another note...what if my address changes before PAX East and I need to have the badge sent somewhere else? Then what happens? It looks like I might be moving about 3-4 weeks beforehand, and I dont know if they'll forward it....

Thanks!

The FedEx shipping option is only for international orders. If you are within the United States, your badge will be mailed via USPS.

As for address changes, refer to this section for the FAQ in the OP:
    I have moved since buying my PAX passes. How do I change my address information to ensure that my passes get mailed to my current address and not my previous address?
    First, you should submit a change of address through the USPS. This will ensure all mail sent to your previous address is sent to your current address. As far as changing your registration, e-mail the updated information to:Cathy Glickstein, Senior Registration Manager, Reed Exhibitions, cglickstein@reedexpo.com

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LibrarianofdoomLibrarianofdoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Hi....

Thanks!

The FedEx shipping option is only for international orders. If you are within the United States, your badge will be mailed via USPS.

I have moved since buying my PAX passes. How do I change my address information to ensure that my passes get mailed to my current address and not my previous address?
    First, you should submit a change of address through the USPS. This will ensure all mail sent to your previous address is sent to your current address. As far as changing your registration, e-mail the updated information to:Cathy Glickstein, Senior Registration Manager, Reed Exhibitions, cglickstein@reedexpo.com

Thanks so much. Appreciate it. :)

Librarianofdoom on
    The Princess Who Saved Herself
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hi....

Thanks!

Thanks so much. Appreciate it. :)

1- I'm assuming that the poster was asking if all badges were shipped period, and not if badges had already shipped?

2- This brings up an interesting point. I'm on the international side of things when it comes to shipping (yes I opted for it). How do I make them change my shipping address should I need too? Should we inquire with Cathy and friends?

3- And while I'm at it... Say, for curiositie's sake, I would forget my badges at home before going to Boston. Can I still get in if I have an electronic copy/print out of my ticket purchase once I show up at the door?

Again, sorry for asking questions that may have been asked, search option is disabled, etc.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    RegalCabbageRegalCabbage Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    I heard a rumor that the PAX Jax skin for League of Legends would be available again at PAX East, anyone got any information on it?
    Thanks.

RegalCabbage on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I heard a rumor that the PAX Jax skin for League of Legends would be available again at PAX East, anyone got any information on it?
    Thanks.

Things like that, you'll most likely find out day of when going though your swag bag. :)

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    this is my first year attending, I was wondering what time it usually ends on Sunday?

blAAAm!!! on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »
    this is my first year attending, I was wondering what time it usually ends on Sunday?

Directly from the FAQ....
    What are the hours of PAX?
    EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 11th - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 12th - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, March 13th - 10am to 7pm

zerzhul on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    Thanks.

This kind of information is rarely available before PAX and would not be found on these forums. The place to ask this kind of question would be the League of Legends forum.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    mtames1mtames1 Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Hello everyone, I recently moved to MA. I'm an illustrator and two time exhibitor at GenCon. I was wondering if PAX had an art show?

mtames1 on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nope

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You should check out SoWa though.

http://www.southendopenmarket.com/

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »

Directly from the FAQ....
    What are the hours of PAX?
    EVENT HOURS
    Friday, March 11th - 10am to 2am
    Saturday, March 12th - 10am to 2am
    Sunday, March 13th - 10am to 7pm

Sorry man, i was just reading through quickly. My friend is trying to tell me that nothing good goes down on Sunday. Can anyone let me know if its worth staying ll day Sunday?

blAAAm!!! on
This discussion has been closed.