As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Reach Campaign, Co-Op, and Forge Thread || Metatag: A PA Reach CoOp ||

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Actually if the first Zealot doesn't flee you will fight THREE Zealots in that section. Weird, I know, but one actually despawns if he runs down that corridor.

Xagar on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If there's any interest, later tonight, in doing the daily campaign map, co-op with some folks, let me know.

I'd like to do it on a Legendary map that is not Winter Contingency or Oni: Sword Base.

I'm up for this.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Joolander wrote: »
    Mechanical wrote: »
    they also don't go only 3/4 of the circle :P

so, I see 14 people have downloaded my map, Tributary. Did anyone have any suggestions or comments on it? (It's the Beaver Creek reimagining)

Honestly, I like it. Not sure how it plays, mind, but the design seems sound enough. Maybe scatter a few more weapons about like a plasma pistol or two.

I finally found two place to put plasma pistols without losing them in the grass. now each base has one out front

I changed the ramp in blue base so that elites can use it without crouching now

question: what the hell do I have to do to get elites to be able to use teleporters that are in frames?

well, the answer to my Elites/teleporters problem was to delete Blue's teleporter frame and make my own

other changes Ive made to my map:
    -added 2 more ARs and a Concussion Rifle

-went ahead and added support for CTF, Oddball, Assault, and Infection

-for infection, the teleporters have been blocked, and the Old-Timey filter is active (i dunno, just seemed right)

so now the weapon count is
    4 ARs
    2 DMRs
    2 Needle Rifles
    2 Needlers
    2 Magnums
    2 Plasma Pistols
    2 Plasma Repeaters
    1 Concussion Rifle
    1 Focus Rifle
    1 Grenade Launcher
    1 Rocket Launcher
    1 Sniper Rifle
    4 of each kind of grenade

I think that might be enough for this tiny little map, but I cant be sure :lol:

I'll add support for Headhunter & KOTH, then I'll reupload it for you guys to judge/test/comment/complain

Joolander on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Playing around with the Special Effects in Forge, does anyone else think Nova and Pen & Ink are unusable? You can't see shit with either of them on.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Playing around with the Special Effects in Forge, does anyone else think Nova and Pen & Ink are unusable? You can't see shit with either of them on.
    that's what makes them HARDCORE!

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Purple and Juicy FX are great though, haven't used the others much.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    LeoniusLeonius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Next gen is 1337.

...ew. But seriously, good filter.

Leonius on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    no way, the best is combining Next Gen & Juicy
    lets you waste $500 in ForgeBucks

Joolander on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm pretty sure they put Pen and Ink in there just for the screenshot people. I think it's the same shader they use when a grenade flashes in your face.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SpruchySpruchy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Need help testing a map, would really appreciate if you could help send me a msg at Spruchy86 . Thanks a lot ;]

Spruchy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The last mission on Legendary solo is fucking terrible.

I found it to be easier than some of the earlier missions. Of course, I knew about the secret DMR stash.

Oh, I'm not even there yet. There's one place where you're up against three Elites and they just give you assault rifle ammo.

The assault rifle, the worst fucking gun in video games.

Hey now, I love the new assault rifle. The bloom system means it's actually a decent weapon at something more than five feet and you can carry a decent amount of ammo for it.

Except on Legendary, where it holds its traditional place of absolute worst weapon to use out of everything available.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I tear shit up in matchmaking whenever I'm given the assault rifle. But in Single it IS useless.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I still haven't decided if the new melee system makes the AR better or worse.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    ok, my map (still tentatively titled) Tributary is up in its complete form supporting all the gametypes a map this size can support, and compatible with any species you want to play

these pictures still apply, the only changes being a couple more weapons, and very slight modifications to blue base that you wont even notice if i dont tell you
    An overview. Teleporters connect the back of each base. Currently, the rocket launcher is just where you left it on top of the arch, the sniper is across from it. A shotgun is in an alcove in the river below the sniper, and the GL is in the opposite alcove on archside (PROTIP: the GL's primary fire mode does not bounce if it enters the water)
    bcfull.jpg
    The front of Red Base. Red Base is laid out in what is basically an S shape on one story. The roof is accessed by jumping onto the corer that is closest to you in this picture
    bcred.jpg
    The view from the Roof of Red Base is breathtaking
    bcredview.jpg
    The front of Blue Base. The bottom floor that I am entering in this shot basically only contains a couple of spawns and a ramp up to the second floor
    bcblue.jpg
    The View from Blue Base's nest
    bcblueview.jpg

for everyone that did download it thus far, thanks for helping and please delete your copy and download the new one here
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4596413&player=Joolander

Supported Gametypes
    FFA / 2 Team Slayer
    FFA/ 2 Team Oddball
    2 Team Assault
    2 Team CTF
    FFA / 2 Team Headhunter
    FFA / 2 Team KOTH
    Infection/Safe Havens
    Juggernaut

Weapon Loadout
    4x ARs
    2x DMRs
    2x Magnums
    2x Needle Rifles
    2x Needlers
    2 Plasma Pistols
    2x Plasma Repeaters
    1x Concussion Rifle
    1x Focus Rifle
    1x Grenade Launcher
    1x Rocket Launcher
    1x Sniper Rifle
    4x Frag Grenade
    4x Plasma Grenade

If you find any exploits, things just not working properly, or think of a better name for the map please let me know

Joolander on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ok, my map (still tentatively titled) Tributary is up in its complete form supporting all the gametypes a map this size can support, and compatible with any species you want to play

these pictures still apply, the only changes being a couple more weapons, and very slight modifications to blue base that you wont even notice if i dont tell you
    An overview. Teleporters connect the back of each base. Currently, the rocket launcher is just where you left it on top of the arch, the sniper is across from it. A shotgun is in an alcove in the river below the sniper, and the GL is in the opposite alcove on archside (PROTIP: the GL's primary fire mode does not bounce if it enters the water)
    bcfull.jpg
    The front of Red Base. Red Base is laid out in what is basically an S shape on one story. The roof is accessed by jumping onto the corer that is closest to you in this picture
    bcred.jpg
    The view from the Roof of Red Base is breathtaking
    bcredview.jpg
    The front of Blue Base. The bottom floor that I am entering in this shot basically only contains a couple of spawns and a ramp up to the second floor
    bcblue.jpg
    The View from Blue Base's nest
    bcblueview.jpg

for everyone that did download it thus far, thanks for helping and please delete your copy and download the new one here
    http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4596413&player=Joolander

Supported Gametypes
    FFA / 2 Team Slayer
    FFA/ 2 Team Oddball
    2 Team Assault
    2 Team CTF
    FFA / 2 Team Headhunter
    FFA / 2 Team KOTH
    Infection/Safe Havens
    Juggernaut

Weapon Loadout
    4x ARs
    2x DMRs
    2x Magnums
    2x Needle Rifles
    2x Needlers
    2 Plasma Pistols
    2x Plasma Repeaters
    1x Concussion Rifle
    1x Focus Rifle
    1x Grenade Launcher
    1x Rocket Launcher
    1x Sniper Rifle
    4x Frag Grenade
    4x Plasma Grenade

If you find any exploits, things just not working properly, or think of a better name for the map please let me know

At work, so I can't actually look at it, but the pictures look pretty cool. I like the name because it has multiple meanings, keep it.

No mention of health packs, you remembered to have those right?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    You know what kind of bothered me about the campaign? On like the last mission
    you, Emile, and Carter are flying off in the Pelican, things are cool, fade to black, cut back in, Carter is shot up and covered in blood and ready to sacrifice himself so you can get away.

I really wish they would have shown the shit Carter had to go through, maybe him pulling some sick moves trying to escape the insurmountable odds, something epic like Emile battling off the Elites

Instead, "Ok let's deliver the package. Wait, blarg I'm dying now"

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I only have two real issues with the campaign that are stuck in my head:

In Winter Contingency
    When you find the missing troopers, there are bloody Elite footprints all over the ground, how did nobody notice this?

And in TotS
    Your team mentions that the barrier is electro-magnetic, so why do you fly into it, let alone at that altitude?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Oaka23Oaka23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah I did think that was a little odd when I saw it
    not to mention he seemed to have actual bullet wounds as opposed to plasma burns

Oaka23 on
    Oaka you magnificent bastard I am in love with you in a way that offends gods and men.
    Comic edits! And for prospective editors, some common panels and extra crap you can use!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

In Winter Contingency
    When you find the missing troopers, there are bloody Elite footprints all over the ground, how did nobody notice this?
    Dead bodies attract attention, then an unknown contact shows up on your tracker. Then you follow it, and all hell breaks loose.
    And in TotS
    Your team mentions that the barrier is electro-magnetic, so why do you fly into it, let alone at that altitude?

I'm reminded of a scene from the Slayers Anime (the Movie, specifically).

Naga and another wizard are facing each other down even though Naga had already taken out his lackies.
    Lina: "Naga, what are you waiting for!?!"

Naga: "THE DRAMA!!!"

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you, Emile, and Carter are flying off in the Pelican, things are cool, fade to black, cut back in, Carter is shot up and covered in blood and ready to sacrifice himself so you can get away.

I really wish they would have shown the shit Carter had to go through, maybe him pulling some sick moves trying to escape the insurmountable odds, something epic like Emile battling off the Elites

I would've been happy with just a suprise strafing run from a Banshee on the Pelican's cockpit. That one salvo which busts up the Pelican some? Bungie should've just had it come from the front and then it makes a lot more sense why Carter is shot up all of a sudden. As it is, you just kinda have to assume you've already been hit from the front and Carter got hit. Or even some explosions inside the cockpit, which would then explain why Carter has projectile wounds instead of plasma damage.

In Winter Contingency

And in TotS

For the first spoiler, Bungie probably just left it unstated so players think "Oh! I know what's going on!"

For the second spoiler:
    contemporary military craft are hardened against EMP attacks, but given humanity's inexperience with the Covenant it's pretty plausible that the pilot was simply hoping the Falcon's shielding would hold up. Getting to the spire was priority number one, so the pilot simply chose to risk a shutdown rather than make the Spartans wait longer to hit the target.

Of course, that explanation requires that people already know that military vessels are electromagentically hardened and that the pilot wouldn't have any idea how powerful the EM hit from the shield was.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Plausible responses, cheers.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hey, I'm just happy Bungie gives us enough to work with for plausible explanations rather than idiotic nonsense like massive military strikes against a giant tree you're just going to dig underneath anyway.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Oaka23Oaka23 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oaka23 on
    Oaka you magnificent bastard I am in love with you in a way that offends gods and men.
    Comic edits! And for prospective editors, some common panels and extra crap you can use!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    So I just got 'If They Came to Hear Me Beg'.

On Sword Base.

On the ground.

With near full shields.

Like, I literally just assasinated an Elite near the start of the mission, and the achievement popped for me. I'm so confused.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, that was weird as hell.

Later in that same game I got a wheelman headshot.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    So I just got 'If They Came to Hear Me Beg'.

On Sword Base.

On the ground.

With near full shields.

Like, I literally just assasinated an Elite near the start of the mission, and the achievement popped for me. I'm so confused.

It's a shame the achievement ding isn't record-able within the game otherwise you could make a really nice clip of it so you can brag to all of those who are mind-numbingly frustrated by that achievement after spending hours trying to unlock it.

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    BRB, playing the opening cutscene to see if it gives me 'A Monument to Your Sins'.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Give us a PM after if you want to get some Halo going

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

At first I thought he got shot from behind, since all the Banshees are behind the Pelican. But there aren't any holes in his chair. Then I saw that he had an entry wound in his chest. So it must've come in from the front. But you look at the windshield and there aren't any holes in it. There's just some blood smears. So I have no fucking idea how he got hit. Or how it bypassed his shields.

I also have no idea how that needle rifle bypassed Kat's shields.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Delta,
    Arc Flashes can be a bitch. (Think Star Trek's exploding consoles except they really do happen and seeing them in reality takes a lot of the humor out of it.) And people have pretty much agreed upon that the Glassing took out Nobel Team's shields then some Jackal/Skirmisher got lucky.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Glassing blast threw out a shitton of radiation, you didn't notice their shields blow out during the blast? The massive amounts of megawhatevers were preventing the shields from charging from the looks of it.

As for why a dropship was there to conveniently headshot her. Carter had her broadcast a transmission on an open channel, I guess they got traced.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The Glassing blast threw out a shitton of radiation, you didn't notice their shields blow out during the blast? The massive amounts of megawhatevers were preventing the shields from charging from the looks of it.

As for why a dropship was there to conveniently headshot her. Carter had her broadcast a transmission on an open channel, I guess they got traced.

How do you account for the fact that dropships are super noisy and you can hear them from a mile off?

xzzy on
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It doesn't explain why a big purple ship that can be heard from a mile away manage to sneak up on a team of the most elite soldiers in the universe. They were fully aware that they risked giving away their position yet nobody bothered to look up.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Given that there was a Carrier/Cruiser right above them Glassing them, and the Glassing itself, I'm sure they were distracted from hearing a smaller dropship.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    VIDEOgaaaaaaaaaaaame.

What's up freaks?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    Given that there was a Carrier/Cruiser right above them Glassing them, and the Glassing itself, I'm sure they were distracted from hearing a smaller dropship.

So what you're saying then is the Spartans are dumb. Got it!

xzzy on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Guys. The phantom was there because it had to be. Much like Master Chief had to be sleeping in cryo.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Here's my first Reach map:
    Intensity
    Supports all worthwhile gametypes and has proper safe/kill zones, weapon spawns, and player spawns. Still a work-in-progress, but it should be completely playable.

Layout is a four-way symmetric arena map like Wizard and Derelict. It's a remake of a Custom Edition map I made. It's just a bit larger the the Forge grid object. Each side is associated with a different team, so if you want to play Green vs Orange CTF, this map supports it.
    reach_4233347_Full.jpg
    Overview. The screenshot looks really busy, but it looks a lot better from eye-level.

reach_4233352_Full.jpg
    Blue side.

reach_4233364_Full.jpg
    Central platform.

reach_4233396_Full.jpg
    Red side tunnels.

reach_4233410_Full.jpg
    Center, below platform.

Arteen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    xzzy wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »

So what you're saying then is the Spartans are dumb. Got it!

A) There are just some things Gene-modding can't fix.

B) Having worked on an Aircraft Carrier and hearing about an average of 10 or more cases of head trauma because people kept walking into aircraft wings (and I did it myself once in the 3 years I was onboard), I'm inclined to go with the "distracted from the bigger things going on."

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Everyone's too busy dodging the cables and jetwash and everything else that they walk into a wing?

hailthefish on