As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Casimir Pulaski [chat]

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Ahahaha, oh man, this is amazing. This Ashjian guy is one clever bastard.

I'm just impressed with Angle. Before the Republican primary it was assumed the seat was a lost cause. But that woman is eager to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    I had moose beefs once. Tastiest goddamn beefs I've ever eaten.

the ones i have had were really flavorful. elk is similar.

my understanding though is that game like, and even pastured cow beef, is really inconsistent. sometimes it's flavorful and delicious; sometimes it's tough and gamy in an unpleasant way.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had an elk steak that was bland and awful.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay, yeah having Bison burgers tonight and wondered what your thoughts on them were.

Also Bison burgers>Beef burgers.

:^: :^:

i am actually really pissed that we were like "oh hey bison...fuck that lets put imported cows out there"

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr exploit indigenous wildlife that is more suited for the current environment

i don't know that bison were domesticated to the point of real agricultural usability at the time they were importing cattle.

actually, i don't know that they are currently especially domesticated. ranching some kinds of animal is really risky and difficult.

Most of the herds of American buffalo that are used in food have been crossbred with cattle. There are only a couple of big herds of pure bred bison left in North America.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Exclusive: First Autistic Presidential Appointee Speaks Out

Autists of the world, [tiny]mumble mumble mumble[/tiny]!

Echo on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't watch lowbrow movies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCumH8LRo1A

Cinders on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Okay, yeah having Bison burgers tonight and wondered what your thoughts on them were.

Also Bison burgers>Beef burgers.

:^: :^:

i am actually really pissed that we were like "oh hey bison...fuck that lets put imported cows out there"

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr exploit indigenous wildlife that is more suited for the current environment

i don't know that bison were domesticated to the point of real agricultural usability at the time they were importing cattle.

actually, i don't know that they are currently especially domesticated. ranching some kinds of animal is really risky and difficult.

Yeah bison aren't truly domesticated in the sense cows are. They are large animals that tend to go where they want when they want. The only place with fences big enough to hold them in that I can remember is a bison ranch off I-70 near Genesee. And those are really tough fences.

There is one out West off I think 285 when its toward the Western slope that just uses barb wire, there are numerous points along the rode there the bison just walked through the barbed wire to the pasture across the street.

Also Bison ranching is a very new form of agriculture. And not something that was really possible 120 or years ago. Since a lot of the tech to control them has come around recently. And they also don't have the thousands of years of domesticated breeding for being docile that cows do.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Res wrote: »
    No you're wrong

Says who? You? The guy I'm arguing against? The guy that doesn't understand how the first amendment works?

Go outside and try to incite a riot and watch what happens. You'll be thrown in jail.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elk is fantastic. Best damn jerky is elk jerky. Deer is bleh and kind of bleh. Antelope is like the worst meat on Earth.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    No you're wrong

Says who? You? The guy I'm arguing against? The guy that doesn't understand how the first amendment works?

Go outside and try to incite a riot and watch what happens. You'll be thrown in jail.

Well you just try to institute authoritarian government control of all media outlets and see how that goes

See? I can make strawman arguments, too. Maybe you should try a real one.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    MOMMY DADDY I HATE IT WHEN YOU FIGHT

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well you just try to institute authoritarian government control of all media outlets and see how that goes

It's not a straw man if you actually said what I'm accusing you of.

God damn.

Sheep on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    I always get confused by the difference between elk and moose.

Moose = älg in Swedish, which is essentially pronounced like elk, but with a G.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

God damn.

I didn't, though

Good job reading

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MOMMY DADDY I HATE IT WHEN YOU FIGHT

But its not because we don't love you anymore but...

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No you're wrong

Corporatocracy already controls the media outlets.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

God damn.

I didn't, though

Good job reading
    Free speech means it is okay for people to say whatever they want.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Thats actually kind of interesting. Actually becoming the time of the year that the elk herd should be moving down around here.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

God damn.

I didn't, though

Good job reading

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2010

God damn.

I didn't, though

Good job reading

That little > symbol is a link that goes to that post. Where you said "Free speech means it is okay for people to say whatever they want."

Just in case you're still confused.

I'm not trying to play a wizards trick on you.

You really did say that.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    elk jerky is fantastic

yo, if i need to be at LGA for an 8AM flight (no checking bags, will just have a laptop bag with me)
    and google maps says 16 mins, but 55 mins in traffic by car to get to the airport

what time should i book a car for

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    3 counties in Hungary just got their asses kicked by toxic sludge. It's like something out of Captain Planet.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/05/hungary-toxic-sludge-spill
    Hungary today declared a state of emergency in three western counties after a dam holding back a vast reservoir of toxic red sludge, from an alumina plant, burst, killing four people and injuring 120 others in what officials said was an "ecological catastrophe".

An elderly woman, a young man and a three-year-old child died in the deluge and six others were reported missing. Two of the injured were in a serious condition.

The sludge, which is waste produced during aluminium manufacture, swept cars off roads and damaged bridges and homes, forcing the evacuation of 400 residents. About 7,000 people are thought to have been directly affected by the spill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEMWh6EjJoY

Pictures: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery/2010/oct/05/hungary

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    3 counties in Hungary just got their asses kicked by toxic sludge. It's like something out of Captain Planet.

Hungary today declared a state of emergency in three western counties after a dam holding back a vast reservoir of toxic red sludge, from an alumina plant, burst, killing four people and injuring 120 others in what officials said was an "ecological catastrophe".

An elderly woman, a young man and a three-year-old child died in the deluge and six others were reported missing. Two of the injured were in a serious condition.

The sludge, which is waste produced during aluminium manufacture, swept cars off roads and damaged bridges and homes, forcing the evacuation of 400 residents. About 7,000 people are thought to have been directly affected by the spill.

Was just reading the news blurbs on this yesterday. The aerial photos are freakish looking.

desc on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    elk jerky is fantastic

yo, if i need to be at LGA for an 8AM flight (no checking bags, will just have a laptop bag with me)
    and google maps says 16 mins, but 55 mins in traffic by car to get to the airport

Weekend or weekday?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

Was just reading the news blurbs on this yesterday. The aerial photos are freakish looking.

They prefer to be called Toxic Avengers, bigot!

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Thats actually kind of interesting. Actually becoming the time of the year that the elk herd should be moving down around here.

Isn't elk the special type of moose that only lives in Canada or something?

I know there's some moose/elk type creature that only lives in Canada..

Daxon on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    desc wrote: »

Photos behind the spoiler:
    1718175_7948f0e60fa0dd9036b875ceddd5e52a_l.jpg

1718021_999324891c2bd780aa3fe585dce25a87_l.jpg

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Is this what it's like when I fight with people in [chat]?

I hope my fights are worse.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

God damn.

I didn't, though

Good job reading

That little > symbol is a link that goes to that post. Where you said "Free speech means it is okay for people to say whatever they want."

Just in case you're still confused.

I'm not trying to play a wizards trick on you.

You really did say that.

I also said other things, but you're choosing to ignore them because they are too hard for you to argue against and you are not a reasonable person.

Just in case you're still confused, I'm not being a dick to you out of malice. I'm being a dick to you because you are refusing to actually participate in this discussion and thus any actual effort on my part to communicate with you would be wasted.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Those Hungarian photos look really bad.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Is this what it's like when I fight with people in [chat]?

I hope my fights are worse.

Nah, this is pretty much how they all go.

Sometimes the ones with Pony get a little more heated.

Cinders on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Howdy chat, hows everyone doing?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    elk jerky is fantastic

6 am. There's no harm in getting there early and wandering the terminal.

Plus I kind of like airports early in the morning, it's like watching an anthill come to life.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Daxon wrote: »

I have no idea, but maybe Caribou?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Elk and Moose can be found naturally ranging into the US.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    People are arguing about arguing. They might actually be arguing about arguing about arguing now. The cyclic complexity of this thread is getting out of hand.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Those Hungarian photos look really bad.
    They look like Georgia red clay after a heavy rain. Just, you know, extremely more toxic than red clay in Georgia.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Elk are pretty common through most of North America especially in the Rocky Mountains and such. Moose are more focused around water but are pretty common in similar areas. But completely different looking animals.

Moose
    moose-1.jpg

Elk
    fa_elk.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    What really boggles my mind is that all that red stuff was stored behind a dam. A big dam that stores all sorts of horrible crap. Was there really no other way of disposing of that stuff?

RMS Oceanic on
This discussion has been closed.