As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2011 Scavenger Hunt - Winners: kimbellina imavapor96 YeildForNothing

• Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm totally in for this, although I might forget to do half the stuff since i'll probably get distracted.

MxWood on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think you should add "Push ZHH in his wheelchair" because Transportation assistance is awesome.

Side note: BYOC Hip Hop... if someone does that I will personally give them 100000 internets. (see the byoc thread to find out what Im talking about)

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    chaosisorder has suggested that I come in and suggest (are you keeping track? ok!) that a photo with Perry the Platypus should be one of the possible items. Perry has been to China and met several IRCers already and having photos with Perry and dozens of random strangers would be pretty cool for me to have as well. I am at pax solely for the social aspect so I don't mind being harassed for pictures and will be relatively easy to find due to haircolor.

cabsy on
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think you should add "Push ZHH in his wheelchair" because Transportation assistance is awesome.

Three times I read "push" as "punch" and was VERY confused.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    megaciamegacia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tuft wrote: »
    Pencil me in - seems like a great way to get the most out of PAX. 8-)

I agree. Especially during aimless PAX wandering...

I am in.

megacia on
  • Options
    NeatoNeato Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Put me down too!

Neato on
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    any idea when we'll have a finalized list? i don't want to be pushy, i'm just getting all antsy about pax plans since the schedule went up! also, will there be a pretty printable and/or smart phone accessible version of the final list?

tvethiopia on
    <3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    any idea when we'll have a finalized list? i don't want to be pushy, i'm just getting all antsy about pax plans since the schedule went up! also, will there be a pretty printable and/or smart phone accessible version of the final list?

No later than this weekend. I'll definitely make a printable/mobile version of it as well. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm in, this sounds way fun!

Can I get duplicates of the atlus shots shot and then one of his liver crawling away?

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Getting a picture with the Wheaton Standee should definitely be on The List.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm in, this sounds way fun!

Can I get duplicates of the atlus shots shot and then one of his liver crawling away?

Nice to have you. And please get as many pictures of Atlus as you can drunk and submit them!

Rdr on
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I shall give this a shot, if I remember to keep up on it, lol.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Since Im atlus's AsstProf/Graphic Designer, Im volunteering to pinch hit for him in the event that he is suffering from alcohol poisoning, due to a line of scavenger hunt folks.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    FragopFragop Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    This looks like a lot of fun, I am definitely interested in taking part of this activity. This is my first PAX so I'm not exactly sure what I have to do, but I'll make sure to keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks!

Fragop on
  • Options
    ShiggyPopShiggyPop Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to get in on this. This is my first PAX also. Not shooting to have top score, but rather to have some fun and get me running around to see some stuff that I might have missed otherwise.

ShiggyPop on
  • Options
    OnagaOnaga Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Am I counted as "Interested" I don't know if my situation counts.

Onaga on
  • Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This sounds like fun... I'm in... I think its a good way to get out of your shell and meet new people, do new things, etc.

As a local, I gotta say Dunkin Donuts seems perfectly appropriate and very Bostonian. Yes, I know "America runs on Dunkin" ... but that frakkin store is like a religion in this state. :)

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    Le FonzLe Fonz Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I'm in for sure, this seems neato!

Le Fonz on
    "Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" -Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    JimmyJimJimmyJim Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm in!!!

JimmyJim on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If you are going to include the girls' meetup I'd prefer you include a note the boys are not allowed to show up and take pictures. We are hopefully going to be in a private room and having people barge in with a camera wouldn't be appreciated.

Maybe boys can get a picture of someone with the girls' meetup logo on their trading card?

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Any boys would not be able to get credit for the girls' meetup. That's pretty obvious cheating right there. Especially since we'll be able to actually double-check attendees with you. I'll talk with Rdr, but I think that should disqualify you from the whole she-bang.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ya I am reworking the list to take out events such as the Girl's event. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, Team Snorlax is doing a bonus challenge during the Pokecrawl. A picture of the mascot or of the bonus sticker on your scorecard might be an idea.

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm late, but I'm in. This sounds like it's gonna be really awesome. :)

LedaXI on
  • Options
    imavapor96imavapor96 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am interested in joining the scavenger hunt and my friend yeildfornothing is interested as well. How do we sign up and get more info?

imavapor96 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    imavapor96 wrote: »
    I am interested in joining the scavenger hunt and my friend yeildfornothing is interested as well. How do we sign up and get more info?

I'll add you guys to the list.

The Master List will be posted probably tomorrow since I leave for Boston on Thursday. Finalized infos to come tomorrow too!

Rdr on
  • Options
    kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Could you add me to the official roster too, please? I think I might have sounded non-committal in my last post and didn't get added. :)

kitties_on_acid on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Rdr, am I allowed to search too? Or do I get the axe since I'm one of the people being searched for?

Onaga on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You're both added. Sorry about that :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You need a point value for me dude. You still have the "*" next to Waldo.

Onaga on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Onaga wrote: »
    You need a point value for me dude. You still have the "*" next to Waldo.

That's not a real list.

Finalized list will be up tonight.

Rdr on
  • Options
    LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Could you add IkkiVille? He wants to participate, too. :)

LedaXI on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Got caught up with last minute packing. Gonna be another day or so for the lost. Sorry guys.

Rdr on
  • Options
    RoyalRoyal Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I definitely want in on this if it's still open for participation. I had pre-registered long ago but with a newborn wasn't sure if I'd have a sitter until very recently so =( now I'm trying to get into all the community stuff I can to make sure my girlfriend and I get the most out of our first PAX. Sorry for the over explination I just had to say it all somewhere.

Royal on
    steam_sig.png
    "What we play is life."
    - Louis Armstrong
    Those Gentlemen Gamers
  • Options
    AnnaRoyalAnnaRoyal North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yes what he said! I be the girl friend he speaks of. =)

AnnaRoyal on
    I love Tacos.
    WoW: BanAnnaPi#1341
    Steam: BanAnnaPie
    Origin: BanAnnaPie
    3DS Friend Code: 3840 - 6540 - 5643
    https://twitter.com/xAnnasaurusx
  • Options
    cyberdeckercyberdecker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Please count me in on this as well!

cyberdecker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Added you lot to the list. :)

Rdr on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So I fail. I updated the Participants to include everyone that has stated they're in. Sorry about that.

I am going to close signups at 50 people.

I will be PMing everyone the List when its complete and a recap of the updates rules and such.

As for the List. I am organizing it and adding a few things. Keep in mind that some things have been excluded. Either they're meetups where not everyone would work or things like the MMT where a good 30 people are attending. I am making it more broad and casual. Just about everything on the list is to be done within PAX and BCEC.

Anyone who wants to participate will be able to complete the List if they want. Also I shortened it down a little bit. Gonna be able 50-60 items. Kind of a like do it as you experience PAX scavenger hunt.

Rdr on
  • Options
    Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Some Boston landmarks, if you need them for the List, in ascending order of distance one must go from the BCEC to see them:

T sign

Logan Airport Control Tower

Giant Milk Bottle

Grasshopper weather-vane

Giant tea kettle

Steeple of Old North Church

1960s T-Rex

Fetch26291 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Fetch26291 wrote: »
    Some Boston landmarks, if you need them for the List, in ascending order of distance one must go from the BCEC to see them:

T sign

Logan Airport Control Tower

Giant Milk Bottle

Grasshopper weather-vane

Giant tea kettle

Steeple of Old North Church

1960s T-Rex

Thanks but we ended up ruling out stuff around Boston because a lot of people just don't get in town early enough to do tourist things.

Rdr on