• Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nodgarb on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    I mean for all we know that Vig isn't village aligned.

Yeah, 2 village specials in 2 kills isn't exactly filling me with confidence that the producer has the village's best interests at heart.

And the other 2 named roles we can infer (Composer and conductor) have been awfully quiet too...

Also, where is this post by someone other than daniant supposedly confirming daniant?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Devil's Advocate... there are a LOT of minor specials. Not that hard to hit one randomly.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    k, whats a good time for people tomorrow?

experts chime in.

Egos on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'll be around all day.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    0600 EST :)

godmode on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

Yeah, 2 village specials in 2 kills isn't exactly filling me with confidence that the producer has the village's best interests at heart.

And the other 2 named roles we can infer (Composer and conductor) have been awfully quiet too...

Also, where is this post by someone other than daniant supposedly confirming daniant?

Given the relative green : non-green kill ratio, I would say hitting a non-special seems to be a challenge and even so, a village vig could easily kill off every special and still be village aligned.

Obviously the seer isn't going to pipe up and say "hay guys, i seered daniant, she's totally not evil" that would be counter-productive

Phyphor on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nodgarb wrote: »

Or, you know, a wiki with lots of actual game information about the pins and such.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Darian one is definitely the one you want on-hand.

Egos on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Robos a Go Go don't leave me all aloooonnneee

Pact accepted.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    The Darian one is definitely the one you want on-hand.

Well, I can be here at 11 EST this evening with it ready to go. Anyone else with me? Or we can pick some time tomorrow.

Darian on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hooray! New friend!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Never played the game but I can help!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I can check in again at 11 EST tonight as well.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Best guess would be we have to figure out some sort of pin evolution path within n minutes, or somesuch.

In which case: http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Pin_Evolution could be a key page.

MPP = mingle power points
    BPP = battle power points
    SDPP = shutdown power points

When you have enough total points to evolve a pin, the category in plurality determines the upgrade path.

http://twewy.wikia.com/wiki/Pin_Evolution_Table has the list of pin names, rather than just the numbers.

edit: Also, a handy map of Shibuya and the sortable Pin List for pin effects, where to find

Darian on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Nodgarb wrote: »

Or, you know, a wiki with lots of actual game information about the pins and such.

ack! you're right. That's a better link. (and lower on the google rankings)

I'm avail tonight at 11 EST (or earlier/little later). Early EST in the morn is bad as I'm a westcoaster.

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Phyphor wrote: »

Given the relative green : non-green kill ratio, I would say hitting a non-special seems to be a challenge and even so, a village vig could easily kill off every special and still be village aligned.

Obviously the seer isn't going to pipe up and say "hay guys, i seered daniant, she's totally not evil" that would be counter-productive

OK, I realize I came off a bit...suspicious there. But really, no one could have reiterated that she predicted the Producer kill being her confirmation?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Fact #1: The Producer is the village vig (read TWEWY on Wikipedia and this will be clear)
    Fact #2: I said that the village vig would kill Sir Fabulous.
    Fact #3: The Producer killed Sir Fabulous.

Either there's a strange coincidence here or I'm in touch with the village vig (The Producer). If 1=3 and 2=3, 1=2. This reminds me of proofs in math.

But whatever. You don't have to listen to me. I'll just be in ur threadz, calling ur killz.

Meanwhile, if The Composer or The Proxy would like to get ahold of The Producer, they might want to send me a little PM.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The Producer isn't aligned with anyone, dani.

You're sounding kind of suspicious.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, isn't the Producer a hard neutral? Unless it's not following the story/wiki stuff at all.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Judging by how close it's been so far I'm going to say that the Composer and Producer are hard neutrals, and the Conductor is a Reaper.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    T - 1 minute; did Egos actually say he could be here at 11, though?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm here RG and vwinds are two people I'm waiting on. I'm gonna post a "hint " post to get you guys a little prepped, it shouldn't be cheating.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm here RG and vwinds are two people I'm waiting on. I'm gonna post a "hint " post to get you guys a little prepped, it shouldn't be cheating.

You may want to clear that, since where do you draw the line from posting the mission and not posting the mission?

Which is critical since there are deadlines and consequences.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If it helps at all, I've played through the first week, and I'm around to help out. I can also use wikis :rotate:

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Infidel wrote: »

You may want to clear that, since where do you draw the line from posting the mission and not posting the mission?

Yeah, as it is, being this helpful by giving the exact time the mission is going up sounds like the kind of thing that might put a GM at risk of being erased by higher powers, or the reapers.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The wiki is of no help to me, because I do want to play the game, and I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mask233.png

"I know it's been a rough few days for players out there. You've died, you've paid a price you couldn't possible fathom and now you're stuck in the Underground having to fight against these beasts. But I assure you there is Hope!"

"Remember what Enemies you have faced in the past and the Friends you have lost and gained. The places you lived, the places you loved. This will give you strength in what to come. This will give you strength to face the Shadow of Shibuya."

Go Forth and Rock

"Peace My Brothers and Sisters . For without Inner Strength, You Merely become a Doll."

Egos on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ...the hell?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Clever. :P

Green on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Iunno, maybe we'll have to track down enemy locations or locations of key events from the game.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, as it is, being this helpful by giving the exact time the mission is going up sounds like the kind of thing that might put a GM at risk of being erased by higher powers, or the reapers.

You literally only have a few minutes. So I want to confirm experts are on hand.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

eh. I mean, maybe, but realistically, the reapers know the GM is either on their side, or not, and just because he's being "extra helpful" probably won't sway them too much. If we are all as conscientious as this when GM, it doesn't give the reapers any extra incentive, and realistically, we SHOULD all be this helpful as GM, since its in the village's interest to complete missions.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    What the fuck. Is that the clue?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I got 100% on my play-through last summer, but I was never good at recalling locations. Best I could do is link key events to certain days, then attempt to find the relevant information on a FAQ.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Also that's an awesome post by Egos.

ronrab on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Confirmation of 5 people who completed the game and we'll get the mission going

Wiki Access recommended

Otherwise we are waiting. Not gonna risk deaths.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm sort of curious about the Daft Punk video post. It's not the lyrics that are going to help, so either it's just reinforcing the Dolls idea (which means nothing to me, from what I've played of the game), or there's something in the video?

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    I'm sort of curious about the Daft Punk video post. It's not the lyrics that are going to help, so either it's just reinforcing the Dolls idea (which means nothing to me, from what I've played of the game), or there's something in the video?

Think much simpler.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

Look at his avatar.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png