As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]s Too Precious to Risk in Combat

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    No way, did you hear that jacobkosh is a mod?

jacob's a mod?! Since when?

Next you'll be telling me that Valve is releasing a DOTA. Ha!

LaOs on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    I hate it when someone you are crushing on crushes your hopes prematurely

I prefer it honestly. Limbo fucking sucks.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    So I'm imagining the O'Donnell campaign headquarters where they have a big sign like you see in factories, the ones that say "X number of days without an injury". Except this sign says "Days without a major gaff in public", and her staff is cheering loudly as they finally get to put up the number 1 on the sign.

Paladino in NY is pushing the same level of stupidity

he bashes gays literally days after a huge case breaks where 9 gang members kidnapped and tortured 3 gay men for hours.

then he apologizes for it only to piss of the orthodox jewish community, one of the only gorups thats likes him

Paladino has only lasted this long because of the sheer number of old people who consider Cuomo the devil in the flesh.

Laura's grandparents HATE Cuomo. With a fiery passion. And it's really because he's percieved as being super-crooked because he pays too much attention to the poor and not enough to long island.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Peep Show is a good show

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Huh, you are actually excited about DotA with a new coat of paint? I'm surprised, Zombie.

Why is that?

Seems like a step backwards from LoL mechanically to me. A carbon copy of DotA brings with it all the bad design decisions, hero imbalances, etc. To me, at least.

They wouldn't bother picking it up if they won't do anything with it.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hullo [chat]!

Is Inqi still around? I wanted to know how Arizona is going.

Edit: I guess so. Hey Inqi! How's Arizona?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    fucking beautiful

Valve is releasing a DoTA game next year

goddamit people we know

:P

Man did you hear about Valve releasing dota next year? I had no clue.
    No way, did you hear that jacobkosh is a mod?

Nope, want to play lol, with lol, lol lol lol lol lol

LOL!!!!

Arch what I think I am getting out of this is that you want to start playing Lol, well let me tell you a thing or two about lolling

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh, you are actually excited about DotA with a new coat of paint? I'm surprised, Zombie.

Why is that?

Seems like a step backwards from LoL mechanically to me. A carbon copy of DotA brings with it all the bad design decisions, hero imbalances, etc. To me, at least.

That is what I was wondering; I never really got into DoTA, but I always thought that LoL was a better game, mechanistically, than DoTA

I mean, for one, they were able to scrap anything they wanted and start over

Arch on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    what games are coming out next week that i actually care about

Vanquish is one, i guess, depending on the reviews

other than that, the current crop is disappointing

LoS is god of war, Enslaved is a short-short platformer i could play in my sleep

there's one of those naruto games coming out and the demo seemed fun, but fuck paying sixty bucks for a game so very anime

Rust on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    I mean, Daxon, are you like some sort of vampire?

I am decidedly NOT theistic (and I even got passer mad at me because I was hella insensitive because of it) but I don't recoil at a prayer before a science lecture.

Might think it out of place, but whatever. He did a pretty good job of arguing secularly. A damn good job.

My point is that I wonder what would happen if I caressed your bare flesh while placing the ball gag in your mouth, daxon.
    rivs post

how is this a rivs post

what makes a rivs post

not seeing it, arch

:?:

Well that I can see. Am I really that sexually prescriptive or was it just bad S&M innuendo?

Also this Mohanty article is goood.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    T: thom

ha

funnily enough it is really hard for a short guy to find a short girl

back in the day I had this really tiny girl who I had a MAJOR crush on tell me, in no uncertain terms, that while she thought I was really attractive, really smart, and someone she would VERY MUCH like to date, we would only ever be friends because she didn't want short children

This is a common theme I have heard

So I've been told. As a tall man who has dated many short women, all I have to say is thank god for high heels.
    Paladino in NY is pushing the same level of stupidity

he bashes gays literally days after a huge case breaks where 9 gang members kidnapped and tortured 3 gay men for hours.

then he apologizes for it only to piss of the orthodox jewish community, one of the only gorups thats likes him

I do love how the news stories a few months back were all about how the Tea Party fever was going to help the Republicans take the Senate and the House, along with a bunch of the Governors. And now it's really looking down to just the House. And if they keep this up, not even that. Between their house candidates being dressed as nazi's, and being photographed with attractive young women who are wearing attire commonly reserved for the bedroom while themselves being fat men in stupid looking PJs at a party, they really seem to want to tank themselves.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It is both rivs

You are like a girl feral, and that is why I like you

Arch on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Why is that?

Didn't the article pretty much flat out state that they were not changing any mechanics over and bringing over the entire existing roster as is, only changing powers when not being constrained by the war3 engine made it function less buggily?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Valve DotA, eh? Any words on if it'll be free or paid?

The LoL business method seems to work fine for LoL, and they did just add that Steam Wallet for microtransactions...

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

and I will be wearing the heels

this will be interesting

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hullo [chat]!

Is Inqi still around? I wanted to know how Arizona is going.

Edit: I guess so. Hey Inqi! How's Arizona?

Hot, but nice. Enjoying hanging with my friend. Booty call didn't pan out (she has a BF now) but it's no biggie.

Gonna go swing by where I used to work soon and see if I know anyone there still.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I do love how the news stories a few months back were all about how the Tea Party fever was going to help the Republicans take the Senate and the House, along with a bunch of the Governors. And now it's really looking down to just the House. And if they keep this up, not even that. Between their house candidates being dressed as nazi's, and being photographed with attractive young women who are wearing attire commonly reserved for the bedroom while themselves being fat men in stupid looking PJs at a party, they really seem to want to tank themselves.

The freakout in the right if the GOP fails to take both will be so glorious. Or, better yet, if they take neither.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It is both rivs

ah, okay

gotta say I don't notice feral making many sex jokes either, but oh well

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

Just don't yell at him for staring at your breasts all of the time if they are at eye level for him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

The LoL business method seems to work fine for LoL, and they did just add that Steam Wallet for microtransactions...

Most vulgar reference to vagina ever, way to go robot.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone know of an RSS feed that reports on software updates?

Adobe AIR, for example, only seems to check for updates right after Windows boots up; as I rarely reset my computer, this presents a minor problem.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Echo wrote: »

I assume it will not be free.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Why is that?

Didn't the article pretty much flat out state that they were not changing any mechanics over and bringing over the entire existing roster as is, only changing powers when not being constrained by the war3 engine made it function less buggily?

...Which is really the only problem with it right now?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Valve disappoints me by not developing a Valve IP DOTA game.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

The freakout in the right if the GOP fails to take both will be so glorious. Or, better yet, if they take neither.

that's not going to happen, but it's nice to dream, i guess

Rust on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Why is that?

Well if you like denies, casters that don't scale, poor itemization and general imbalance then, well, sure.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And Arivia, my girlfriend has some crazy heels. She has these platform ones that have to add 8 inches to her height.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

Senior year of high school

my date (girlfriend at the time) was six inches taller than me

and she wore heels

guess where my face was?

wasn't that bad, actually

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm kind of interested in MNC now that I know how DOTA works, though. I think I'd like a shooter better than a game where you click around.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Valve disappoints me by not developing a Valve IP DOTA game.

Man, gimme Heavy as a tank.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Why is that?

Well if you like denies, casters that don't scale, poor itemization and general imbalance then, well, sure.

Eh, I severely doubt balance issues will carry through that prominently. Nothing wrong with denies either

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

Just don't yell at him for staring at your breasts all of the time if they are at eye level for him.

hee

yelling is so passe

why yell when you can slap or spank?

besides, if he's standing unhindered I'm doing something wrong

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

and she wore heels

guess where my face was?

Wearing heels in a situation like that seems cruel and sadistic.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It is both rivs

ah, okay

gotta say I don't notice feral making many sex jokes either, but oh well

he used to, or you just miss them

feralll where are youuuu

establish your sexual deviancy for support for me
    <3

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm kind of interested in MNC now that I know how DOTA works, though. I think I'd like a shooter better than a game where you click around.

Eh, MNC has lost its appeal to me. Though we will see if the when the balance/bug fix patch finally shows up if that will change things.

Right now there are too many issues on both of those fronts for me to really enjoy the game at the moment.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I mean, Daxon, are you like some sort of vampire?

I am decidedly NOT theistic (and I even got passer mad at me because I was hella insensitive because of it) but I don't recoil at a prayer before a science lecture.

Might think it out of place, but whatever. He did a pretty good job of arguing secularly. A damn good job.

My point is that I wonder what would happen if I caressed your bare flesh while placing the ball gag in your mouth, daxon.
    rivs post

how is this a rivs post

what makes a rivs post

not seeing it, arch

:?:

Well that I can see. Am I really that sexually prescriptive or was it just bad S&M innuendo?

Also this Mohanty article is goood.

Eh not really but much like when I read something along the lines of grinding kittens up in a meat grinder I think of Preach, whenever someone mentions anything S&M related you're my go to forumer :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

and she wore heels

guess where my face was?

I don't mind being the short one, I just hate listening to girlfriends say "I prefer taller men."

WHY WOULD YOU TELL ME THAT WHILE WE ARE DATING

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

and she wore heels

guess where my face was?

Well, she was kind of cruel and sadistic

well, no that isn't fair

but she thought it was funny, and did it very pointedly

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    And Arivia, my girlfriend has some crazy heels. She has these platform ones that have to add 8 inches to her height.

Mori is what, 5'5"? I'm 6'0"-6'2", don't really know. THEN add heels.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mori is shorter than me

this will be interesting

and she wore heels

guess where my face was?

hey now

those testicles ain't gonna step on themselves

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.