Options

The [Chat], not about Macs or WoW. Possibly about butts.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Wait, you're required to vote by mail in Washington? So there are no polling places and voting booths in Washington?

Nope, I believe this was to save money/encourage more voting. Employers are technically supposed to allow you time to vote, but I'll be fucked if in the 13+ years I've been working I'd ever seen someone get time off to go vote and not have it be scheduled.

The United States: seeing how far you can lower the bar while still having everyone else accept it as democracy.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Abby, dearheart, why can't I gather stone in Minecraft? I've finally got Alpha, but all I can seem to gather is wood, sand, and dirt. I can destroy stone blocks, but nothing comes of it.

You need to use a pickeaxe, not a shovel.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    damnit sometimes my roomates are so ignorant it is silly

her health insurance sent a person over to do an at-home physical

it included bloodwork

guarantee they are doing genetic screening on her now

told her not to let them do that, but she waffled and let it go

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Abby, dearheart, why can't I gather stone in Minecraft? I've finally got Alpha, but all I can seem to gather is wood, sand, and dirt. I can destroy stone blocks, but nothing comes of it.

Wooden pickaxes and up will harvest stone, stone pickaxes and up will harvest iron, iron pickaxes and up will harvest gold, redstone and diamond.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

I can only make sticks?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey

in osx

is there a way to click on a file and place it in a folder with its own name

meaning, i'd think it'd be easy to have some hotkey or something where i can click on a .doc called 'resume' and it would then be placed inside a folder called resume- without making a new folder, naming it, and dragging it in

yeah

let me fuck around with applescript, hang on

10.6?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    hey

in osx

is there a way to click on a file and place it in a folder with its own name

meaning, i'd think it'd be easy to have some hotkey or something where i can click on a .doc called 'resume' and it would then be placed inside a folder called resume- without making a new folder, naming it, and dragging it in

Probably not out of the box but an Apple Script to do that wouldn't be too difficult.

Sheep on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm tired of being sick. This head cold is really a bit much too. I start sneezing, which about now is the only thing that starts me coughing (that and laughing), and the coughing starts me sneezing again, which ends up with a 10 minute bout that sounds like I'm dying and makes breathing hard. Not to mention makes anything delicate with my hands hard, thus no crochet.

Sad! :cry: At least I have Minecraft to keep me company, though apparently I can't gather stone?

Bronchitis! You need pills!

EDIT: I had a bad case of the coughs last year when I caught swine flu. The doctor put me on Levaquin and an inhaler I can't remember the name of. I was miserable.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    yes 10.6

Organichu on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preach, you heard any word on when/if Monster Hunter Frontier is coming to the US Xbox 360?

I dunno when I stopped playing tri (after getting 100+ hours out of it so I got more then enough for the purchase) there hadn't been word.

I'm about to get back into Tri. I'm hoping Frontier makes it to the 360 here. I mean I don't see why not. The damn game is already made, all they have to do is translate and open US servers.

Tri on the wii has beat Mario Kart for most played game, so it seems like it would be a smart move

I wish an MMO would take the idea in monster hunter about drops. I love just killing monsters and then aquiring parts you can then use to make your awesome items. That way its still random, but everyone gets something.

The monster hunter games are that perfect balance of fighting and grinding in my opinion.

agreed. It's the only game I would actually pay a monthly charge to play.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Go go Arivia.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I can only make sticks?

if you think of the numpad like the crafting table

stick in 2,5 and stone/wood (i think?) in 789

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I want to get myself genetically screened. Before I have children my plan is to spend the money to dodge any of the avoidable defects.

I support care for the disadvantaged, but if I can avoid creating more of them then I will.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I can only make sticks?
    Check out the crafting wiki, http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

You need to make a workbench first, then you can make tools.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    don't think I didn't see all the anti-kobold racism a few pages back, [chat].

I want to run a campaign with the kobold equivalent of the Black Panthers agitating in the kingdom.

we had a guy play a kobold in a 3.5 adventurer a while back

the group was in a desert, and they were doing ok, and they came across an oasis

the kobold decides the most important thing to do is to jump in the water
    the water was actually a terrible ooze that dissolved the guy in a few rounds

noooooooooo

poor guy.

abdy: edit: apparently kobold craftsmen make cheesy watches: http://www.koboldwatch.com/

Who knew?

desc on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Wooden pickaxes and up will harvest stone, stone pickaxes and up will harvest iron, iron pickaxes and up will harvest gold, redstone and diamond.

I had no idea you could make wooden pickaxes.

It all becomes clear.

Matt, you have introduced me to my doom.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I want to get myself genetically screened. Before I have children my plan is to spend the money to dodge any of the avoidable defects.

I support care for the disadvantaged, but if I can avoid creating more of them then I will.

but by a health insurance company, in america?

Arch on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    goddamn Columbus Day is a holiday, but not Election Day

priorities

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I can only make sticks?
    Check out the crafting wiki, http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Crafting

You need to make a workbench first, then you can make tools.

Yeah, got the crafting bench and a double-size trunk already. :^:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I can only make sticks?

make planks out of wood
    then make some sticks out of one of the planks

then go like this in your workbench (if you don't have a workbench, that's four planks in the crafting pane of your inventory):

block block block
    ____stick______
    ____stick______
    ____stick______

that gets you a wood pickaxe, which can mine stone

repeat with stone in place of wood for a stone pickaxe

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I'm tired of being sick. This head cold is really a bit much too. I start sneezing, which about now is the only thing that starts me coughing (that and laughing), and the coughing starts me sneezing again, which ends up with a 10 minute bout that sounds like I'm dying and makes breathing hard. Not to mention makes anything delicate with my hands hard, thus no crochet.

Sad! :cry: At least I have Minecraft to keep me company, though apparently I can't gather stone?

Bronchitis! You need pills!

EDIT: I had a bad case of the coughs last year when I caught swine flu. The doctor put me on Levaquin and an inhaler I can't remember the name of. I was miserable.

Yeah, I'm headed back to the doctor today.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    the "these creatures are evil, always" stuff is dumb as hell and is really annoying to me about d&d

if you have nothing against slaughtering people then you are not good

at all

Yeah, it was always an issue with the default setting for me. We never bother having hoards of evil anythings.

I think it's why I like Start of Darkness, the Order of the Stick prequel, because it explores the inherant problems with "always evil".

The Book of Exalted Deeds looks at that a little bit too, with a knight stumbling in on two succubi cradling each other: does he kill evil creatures, or celebrate love? Of course, I believe later on there's a spell that permanently changes a creature's alignment without its consent, and it thanks you afterward, so yeah.

today's qc is great

MORI TOUCH MY CHEST-BULLETS
    least sexy name for boobs EVER.
    The president of my school's abstinence club just got news that she's pregnant. Irony at its finest. MLIA

Gooey wrote: »
    So we managed to dodge some absolutely stupid requirements in order to deliver to one company simply because their right hand didn't know what their left hand was doing. But apparently one of the hands stopped jerking off, because we just got this email -
    I spoke to my Regional Director about you wanting to get set up as an approved vendor.
    There are several steps in the process including having a minimum of 5 million in liability insurance in addition to 3rd party audit, technology requirements, agreeing to [company name] payment terms, etc.

This is to deliver ~$100 in pastry twice a week. A third party fucking audit and "technology requirements" to deliver fucking pastry. Fuck this shit.

gotta love beancounters
    I feel like I remember you telling this story several months ago.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    oh god a wooden pickax would be the saddest thing ever

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Go go Arivia.

hee hee

it vaguely counts if I fuck around with automator in comp sci class, right?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I feel like I remember you telling this story several months ago.
    I did, what happened was they sent the "please send us these documents" email at the same time they sent us the "please come in to get your swipe badge made" email. So we never sent the documents, but got the swipe badge. And I guess they just realized they didn't have our documents?

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »

Yeah, I'm too used to working with actual tools to immediately thing 'Oh, of course, a wooden pickaxe'.

Nevertheless, I have several made and am working on a tidy stack of stone. Soon I will have coal, 'cause this whole working in the dark thing has got to go.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Better than Karate-Kidding your way through stone and getting nothing to show for it though.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Go go Arivia.

hee hee

it vaguely counts if I fuck around with automator in comp sci class, right?

That's more than what I'm doing, which is nothing.

*wanders off*

Sheep on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kobolds are the best.

Also, Eberron does a fairly decent job of doing away with the "these guys are always evil" thing.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Better than Karate-Kidding your way through stone and getting nothing to show for it though.
    Yea I mean at least with the wooden pickax you get a mangled stick out of the deal :P

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PREACHER WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH.

Sheep on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

are you using a pickaxe?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Yea I mean at least with the wooden pickax you get a mangled stick out of the deal :P
    You can also make pants out of diamonds!

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »

Hell no. But I'm in Australia. And were I in America I'd move to like, Canada. Probably not though, fuck the cold. But more northern Australia, because the NSW state government is a joke.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    OH GOD SSSSSS NOOOOOO.

DAMMIT.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    You can also make pants out of diamonds!
    Well that's just good showmanship.

Bama on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder what would happen if I took my laptop to a computer repair place and asked them to upgrade the processor and video card.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Paul Krugman: 'True To Form, The Obama Administration Has Opposed Any Action That Might Upset The Banks'

Well, yeah. Are you surprised, Paul?

Sheep on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »

My company pays for my health care and did bloodwork like this, it helps lower the overall insurance charge on the company and gives us better coverage.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I am sorry Passer :(. Sending you get better/not sick vibes. Wow that sounds horrible.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.