Options

The [Chat], not about Macs or WoW. Possibly about butts.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    PREACHER WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH.

Wha?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Wait, you're required to vote by mail in Washington? So there are no polling places and voting booths in Washington?

Nope, I believe this was to save money/encourage more voting. Employers are technically supposed to allow you time to vote, but I'll be fucked if in the 13+ years I've been working I'd ever seen someone get time off to go vote and not have it be scheduled.

Weird. I worked at a place one time where the boss would shut down for a long lunch on election day so that everyone could go vote.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder what would happen if I took my laptop to a computer repair place and asked them to upgrade the processor and video card.

If they sucked, they'd tell you no.

If they were decent, they'd look at the options, check and see if they could simply order a better motherboard, and replace that for you.

If they were awesome they'd order what you needed and solder that bitch in.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I want to get myself genetically screened. Before I have children my plan is to spend the money to dodge any of the avoidable defects.

I support care for the disadvantaged, but if I can avoid creating more of them then I will.

but by a health insurance company, in america?

Hell no. But I'm in Australia. And were I in America I'd move to like, Canada. Probably not though, fuck the cold. But more northern Australia, because the NSW state government is a joke.

Which is my point- and why I was all "goddamit ignorant roomate listen to the two politically active scientists you live with"

Arch on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Civic duty completed!

Did you see the new Drive Angry trailer?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    PREACHER WANT SMOOSH SMOOSH.

Wha?

IT'S RAPING ME. OH MY GOD IT'S RAPING ME!!!!!

Sheep on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I wonder what would happen if I took my laptop to a computer repair place and asked them to upgrade the processor and video card.

If they were decent, they'd look at the options, check and see if they could simply order a better motherboard, and replace that for you.

Gotcha. And chain stores are not going to be the last option ever, right?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I want to get myself genetically screened. Before I have children my plan is to spend the money to dodge any of the avoidable defects.

I support care for the disadvantaged, but if I can avoid creating more of them then I will.

My company pays for my health care and did bloodwork like this, it helps lower the overall insurance charge on the company and gives us better coverage.

Are they allowed to pre-existing you if they detect genetic markers for certain diseases?

or raise your individual premiums?

Arch on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Turned on peaceful setting. Fucking creepers.
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am sorry Passer :(. Sending you get better/not sick vibes. Wow that sounds horrible.

<3

Passerbye on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So what do I tell a manager who wrote a flat file database program that's locked up because of 20 people all pushing data to it?

He wants me to make it work and fix it. How do I go "no u"?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Civic duty completed!

No, is it as glorious as the last one?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Get better Passer! <3

also and unrelated: I want to write a new guard list for 5th ed, Anyone want to help?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Civic duty completed!

No, is it as glorious as the last one?

We learn he's being chased by an agent of Satan because he escaped hell. It's in the trailer's thread and it is glorious.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Nope.

Even if there was someone there that had the ability and knowledge to do it, he wouldn't be getting paid enough to do it, and they'd probably push him to sell you a new laptop.

Sheep on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man RED comes out today.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Dell had a laptop a while back with a replaceable GPU.

Guess it didn't really sell like fire cause I haven't heard much else about it.

Sheep on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

My company pays for my health care and did bloodwork like this, it helps lower the overall insurance charge on the company and gives us better coverage.

Are they allowed to pre-existing you if they detect genetic markers for certain diseases?

or raise your individual premiums?

Yup they are. They can fuck you over due to certain genetic markers all the want if they feel they have proof that it leads to higher chance of costing them money.

Or at least they can do this till and deny you coverage till 2014 when the adult pre-existing is removed.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Nobody's going to be the last option ever. If a computer repair guy is picking up a soldering iron, something is very wrong.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So I'm doing this Google AI Challenge. It's pretty fun. My bots don't always behave though. :x

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Get better Passer! <3

also and unrelated: I want to write a new guard list for 5th ed, Anyone want to help?

I can kind of help, guard aren't my strong point but I know enough from playing a couple guard list to have a basis on how they work.

Basically tanks are the bomb.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    bowen wrote: »
    So what do I tell a manager who wrote a flat file database program that's locked up because of 20 people all pushing data to it?

n.gif
    o.gif

u.gif

Bama on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Oh this is a pretty little film, directed by the guy who did my bloody valentine, and with William Fincher as the bad guy? COME ON DAY MOTHER FUCKING ONE!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Nobody's going to be the last option ever. If a computer repair guy is picking up a soldering iron, something is very wrong.

It's not too terribly difficult.

I never have. I've had a room mate who did it. Whether or not the PCs worked for a long time I dunno.

Sheep on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama, you are a national treasure.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mrflippy wrote: »
    So I'm doing this Google AI Challenge. It's pretty fun. My bots don't always behave though. :x

Sounds intriguing.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited October 2010
    4b7b45e0-9192-4d7c-8584-4610478e736d.jpg

Sheep on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

The last manufactured PC I bought didn't even have that. The video card and the ethernet card were glued into their slots.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bama that's pretty awesome.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    OH GOD SSSSSS NOOOOOO.

DAMMIT.

hahaha

creepers are always fun

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Tell him that each person needs a local copy of the database and then to share, they should email the files back and forth.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Tell him that each person needs a local copy of the database and then to share, they should email the files back and forth.

:?

He'll totally fall for that though. And then I'll have to answer why the email server is crashing because he'll do it programatically!

bowen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Sounds intriguing.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128552

http://ai-contest.com/

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bama speaks in semaphore

this is hilarious.

Mazzyx: is there anything I can use to facilitate writing the list or do I have to go all notepad?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Bama speaks in semaphore

this is hilarious.

Mazzyx: is there anything I can use to facilitate writing the list or do I have to go all notepad?

I use google docs and the spreadsheet. I think there is an online army builder but I never found one that worked better than just a spread sheet. Especially with an option heavy army like the guard.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

He'll totally fall for that though. And then I'll have to answer why the email server is crashing because he'll do it programatically!

Mostly I was being silly but I've supported a few Excel sheets that were like that.

Ugh, our old timesheet system was this homebrew excel sheet that people emailed in and then a program would loop through all of the sheets in the mailbox and process them. It was kind of terrible.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Kiera Knightley is an attractive women.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Bama speaks in semaphore

this is hilarious.

I use google docs and the spreadsheet. I think there is an online army builder but I never found one that worked better than just a spread sheet. Especially with an option heavy army like the guard.

Let's get a shared doc up. Like now

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Awesome.

I'd say I need $X and Y time, where X and Y are the cost and time needed to set up a SQL server, a web-based front end in the language of my choice, and recreate the entire app from scratch on that platform.

Feral on

• Options
    edited October 2010
    So apparently the latest Guitar Hero game bombed.

Good. Goooood.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Sounds intriguing.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=128552

http://ai-contest.com/

This is fanfuckingtastic. I am so in.

Feral on

This discussion has been closed.