Options

The [Chat], not about Macs or WoW. Possibly about butts.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2010
    i like thin ladies

i have no problem with keira knigtley

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This is a slightly embarrassing post

I used to be really into this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9tJJQET5k

this video is horrible

Arch on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    "Integrated graphics" means the card can't be replaced, it's built into the mobo, right?

integrated graphics is just there's a video capability built into the board, you can still install your own (non-shit) video cards and use those instead.

ig is also synonymous with "shit graphics"

ed: you typically don't add graphics cards to laptops in general

Yeah, this seemed like too good a deal.

Actually, after my place got burgled many years ago and my laptop was stolen (was my only computer) I picked up an e-machine from walmart since I was broke. I eventually upgraded the ram and tossed in a real video card and it was absolutely fine. In fact, the mobo I used until very recently was using the 6150 chipset. I'd look up the mobo product number and make sure it has a spare pci ex 16 slot (it almost certainly does) and you can throw a $100 - $200 dollar vid card in there to make it perfectly good for gaming.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    i can select all the files i want

filter them out depending on whatever

and put them in a folder

but they all go in one folder and i need to provide the name

*back to drawing board*

Organichu on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    i like thin ladies

i have no problem with keira knigtley

I like thin ladies I just like curves better

my only problem with her is that she's wearing clothes somewhere else than right here

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man my wifes family was weird, her mother threw away her books because "she had too many" when she was a child. Who the fuck does that? What the fuck is that?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Really depends if you prefer a little more....uh....curvaceousness on your ladies.

Yeah she's kind of on the "You could use a few thanksgiving dinners. A day. For a week." side of things.

This would not prevent me from gawking at her awkwardly in person.

And stammering if she asked you for directions.

I would not stammer.

I would simply reply "You're Kiera Knightley" to anything she said to me.

That or just stare at her dumbfounded.

Actually this is all joke time. I've met some people who are famous and I've never really reacted differently than meeting anyone else. I did turn someone down when they asked me if I wanted an autograph though and that was p awkward :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My Chemical Romance was always a dirty little pleasure to me. The music was always pretty decent and entertaining. And their videos are just so bad they are comical.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The problem there: Most Republicans want to pay the estimated $14 billion tab with spending cuts elsewhere. Most Democrats want to add it to the deficit.

Is this true?

Because if it is, smack a democrat up the head

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Man my wifes family was weird, her mother threw away her books because "she had too many" when she was a child. Who the fuck does that? What the fuck is that?

the hell?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The problem there: Most Republicans want to pay the estimated $14 billion tab with spending cuts elsewhere. Most Democrats want to add it to the deficit.

Is this true?

Why not? The money just goes back into the economy.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Is this true?

deficits are bad

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Is this true?

well the democrats also want to increase taxes to pay for this or let preexisting tax cuts expire but

yeah

Arch on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Is this true?

deficits are bad

Your fears are greatly exaggerated. And deficit spending in a recession on things that go straight back into the economy is a good thing.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Two hour test review coming right up. If I don't come back, pirate some anime in my honor.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Kiera Knightley is too skinny.

It depends on the role, sometimes she looks all boney, other times she looks really attractive. I think its clothing choices. She appears to just be one of those naturally thin ladies though, so its not like "oh god rib bones."

I dunno, I've seen some pictures of her where I've thought she was a bit too skinny. I'm generally of the opinion that if you can see the sternum clearly outlined, or even the bottom couple ribs, that's a bit too far.

Of course, I also tend to prefer somewhat more substantial women, so that could be part of it.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Is this true?

deficits are bad

Not necessarily.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Two hour test review coming right up. If I don't come back, pirate some anime in my honor.

i am already listening to anamanaguchi right now

Arch on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    you have to feed the deficit in a recession and cut it during good times

kaleedity on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bone is for the dog
    Meat is for the man

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    or wait, how is the us economically right now anyway?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Is this true?

What's even better is the reason there is no cost of living benefit increase is that the cost of living didn't increase enough to trigger one.

Just a bunch of entitled fucks.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Really depends if you prefer a little more....uh....curvaceousness on your ladies.

Yeah she's kind of on the "You could use a few thanksgiving dinners. A day. For a week." side of things.

This would not prevent me from gawking at her awkwardly in person.

And stammering if she asked you for directions.

I would not stammer.

I would simply reply "You're Kiera Knightley" to anything she said to me.

That or just stare at her dumbfounded.

Actually this is all joke time. I've met some people who are famous and I've never really reacted differently than meeting anyone else. I did turn someone down when they asked me if I wanted an autograph though and that was p awkward :P

I don't think she's super duper hot, but I would still probably stammer a bit, but more because that's just something that pretty ladies do to me than it being about fame. There's an absolutely gorgeous red-head that works on the second floor of my building who I have attempted to act in a suave manner towards... this failed. I was all like w-w-w-what floor are you heading to and then I was so embarrassed I just stood there silently for those two floors.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »

Is this true?

deficits are bad

Not necessarily.

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    DEMOCRATS GONNA LEAVE WE'S KIDS IN DEBT

*spittake*

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

stagnant.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hi, [chat]! I'm eating a Veggie Patty from Subway and it is delicious!

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

in a recession

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

we are starting the up curve from the bottom of an especially bad but not absolutely catastrophic recession

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

they are pretty good yes

i eat them when i forget my lunch at work because the hospital's cafeteria's quality started at awesome and has slowly gone horrible

Arch on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

r u fuckin w/ me?

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like republican "spending cuts" they never mention which programs and when you ask about the major ones its never those. In fact I can't think of a single spending item republicans have cut at all ever.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

By the time China realizes that we didn't have the rights to sell them the Shores of Tripoli, we'll all have taken our suicide pills.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I like republican "spending cuts" they never mention which programs and when you ask about the major ones its never those. In fact I can't think of a single spending item republicans have cut at all ever.

All the money we were spending by processing those excessive taxes on dividends!

It's for the middle class, Preach.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    This is a slightly embarrassing post

I used to be really into this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9tJJQET5k

this video is horrible

that album was all right

i mean, i'm not really able to tell whether a musician is technically good or anything, but by and large the album had some catchy melodies and kind of an appealing noisy construction going on

their themes are kind of over-the-top juvenile fantasies and stuff - like a 16 year old feverishly penning some Sin City fanfic - but that's kind of what's appealing about it i think, in the same way that the Violent Femmes' best album is unashamedly juvenile.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    sorry, forgot you're still in the shit

anyway!

People need to die earlier.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

they've cut "pork", or at least advocated it

you know, like biological research or infrastructure

I remember a fox news section mocking research money for like pretty absurdly important stuff and they pulled the family guy "come onnnn" implying it was worthless

kaleedity on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Well thankfully O'Donnel has given us the answer to this. "Um...Medicare fraud". That's right ladies and gentlemen, the Republicans are going to cut taxes and balance the budget by ending Medicare fraud.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    like a 16 year old feverishly penning some Sin City fanfic

The lead singer writes comic books.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.