Options

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    And the Beard learns that facial hair is not a substitute for an elbow. He's going to have a second Tommy John.

Maybe they should replace the tendon with beard hair. It's twice as strong as muscle.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Come on Rockies, stop choking on Sunday. Win today and get the sweep.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Cubs lost again today. I was hoping for a series win but not the case. Their tough April schedule is going to dig a deep hole for the Cubs.

This space for rent
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Cubs lost again today. I was hoping for a series win but not the case. Their tough April schedule is going to dig a deep hole for the Cubs.

Come on now, let's not pretend it isn't a salary dump season.

zeeny on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Huh. So they finally cancelled This Week In Baseball. About a decade, decade and a half after they should have. The show should have died with Mel Allen; it didn't deserve that slow, lingering decline into the I/E block.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Mr. HibbertMr. Hibbert Registered User regular
    Huh. So they finally cancelled This Week In Baseball. About a decade, decade and a half after they should have. The show should have died with Mel Allen; it didn't deserve that slow, lingering decline into the I/E block.

Surprised it lasted so long, what with Sportscenter and BBTN. MLB network must have been the last nail in the coffin

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Tigers nearly blow a third straight Verlander start in the ninth when Leyland decides to let him throw 131 pitches. Got out of it, but man.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    a
    Tigers nearly blow a third straight Verlander start in the ninth when Leyland decides to let him throw 131 pitches. Got out of it, but man.

Valverde isn't the only rollercoaster ride in the 9th anymore

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I do enjoy how tired Verlander means he's suddenly throwing 100 mph with no control.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    I am pretty pissed at MLB.tv right now. They package up their product with all kinds of great bells and whistles, but the core is fucking rotten. I watched the games the first two days of the season and every time I've tried to watch since then, it's the loading screen for hours and hours. The customer service is shitty too since it basically amounts to one guy on a message board answering everybody's questions at once. Also, that's the ONLY customer support they have.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Your internet connection must be garbage, then, since I got mlb.tv for the first time this season and even though my internet is pretty bad it works quite well.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    If can run it through a PS3 I heard that works really well. Possibly with the 360 too but I don't have any accounts of that.

• Options
    I watch MLB.tv all over the place. Home, work, the mall. On my iPhone, iPad, Boxee, laptop.

It's always been perfect. Pristine picture. A few seconds of loading initially and then never any further loading/buffering, even on my shitty DSL connection/public wifi at work. I probably stream at least portions of over 150 games a season.

• Options
    MrDelish wrote: »
    Your internet connection must be garbage, then, since I got mlb.tv for the first time this season and even though my internet is pretty bad it works quite well.

Believe me, it's not my internet.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Well, it's not mlb.tv that has connectivity issues since the rest of us are fine and dandy.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    OSUJumpMan wrote: »

It's either your connection or your device/browser/computer, as we've proven that it works like a champ all over the place on ton of different devices.

Have your tried a different device? A PS3/Xbox or a different computer/phone?

minor incident on
  • Options

It's either your connection or your device/browser/computer, as we've proven that it works like a champ all over the place on ton of different devices.

Setting aside the small sample size and anecdotal problems . . .

It works fine on my phone. On the xbox it's spotty at best. 50/50 shot of getting any game to load and it doesn't let me change feeds or games very often. If it was my computer why would it have worked with flying colors the first 2-3 days of the season?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Setting aside the small sample size and anecdotal problems . . .

It works fine on my phone. On the xbox it's spotty at best. 50/50 shot of getting any game to load and it doesn't let me change feeds or games very often. If it was my computer why would it have worked with flying colors the first 2-3 days of the season?

While I can't answer your question specifically, I think you don't know how internet connectivity works. If a website is loading slowly for you but not for anyone else, the problem lies with either your device or your connection. When I worked at a website/hosting company, this sort of problem you're having was exactly like I said: customer would have a problem accessing their site but neither our connection nor my phone's connection would. The resulting troubleshooting always ended up showing connectivity problems in a traceroute.

If your Xbox and PC are having the same problem then I'd recommend that you contact your ISP and see what they can sort out.

• Options
    Also, connectivity problems come and go. It's perfectly reasonable that it would have worked fine for a few days, and then started giving you issues.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I have problems with MLB.tv as well. It's usually an issue with Flash; I turned off hardware acceleration and it works most of the time now. It's still finicky tho.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    God damn, Melancon might just be the worst closer ever. This season, opposing batters are hitting .333 against him if we only count home runs.

minor incident on
  • Options
    God damn, Melancon might just be the worst closer ever. This season, opposing batters are hitting .333 against him if we only count home runs.

The one bright side of this is that maybe he'll be relegated to pitching only in games where the sox lead or trail by more than 10 runs.

Atchison and Fatt Albers did a solid job of holding the flood back for bit, though I'd have liked to see Albers go one more inning since he only threw 11 bloody pitches.

• Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular

Ha ha ha ha! Ouch.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Jaime Moyer wins last night - oldest pitcher ever to record one at 49. That is awesome.

The stat floating around yesterday is that Moyer has faced 8.9% of all MLB batters who ever played.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    I've used MLB.tv every season since 2003. If you speak bad about it, you deserve to be publicly shamed. BEST. SERVICE. EVER.

• Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    Ankiel made an amazing throw home from center field. I remember back when he was with the Cards and fell apart at the end of the season. Nice to see him kicking ass with the Nats.

But seriously, the guy's arm is such a threat that the baserunner never considered tagging, but the throw was so awesome that he got a standing ovation anyway.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's the clip of that, by the way

http://www.businessinsider.com/rick-ankiel-throw-2012-4

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    and Melancon gets sent to Pawtucket. Went down with a 49.50 ERA. Jamie Moyer is 49.42 years old

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TheScrupleTheScruple The Oldest of BridgesRegistered User regular
    That may be my new favorite Jamie Moyer stat.

Actually, that he's faced 8.9% of all batters ever is still probably my favorite. What makes it even better is that he's 3rd on the list, after passing Nolan Ryan just this year. Tom Glavine is next with just 2 more batters faced, with Greg Maddux far ahead, as he has faced 1,535 different batters, or 9.7%.

All prairie dogs just want to be heroes
  • Options
    Morneau 3-3 with 2 homers. Is he finally back?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    fshavlak wrote: »
    Ankiel made an amazing throw home from center field. I remember back when he was with the Cards and fell apart at the end of the season. Nice to see him kicking ass with the Nats.

But seriously, the guy's arm is such a threat that the baserunner never considered tagging, but the throw was so awesome that he got a standing ovation anyway.
    I love the guy. That rookie season he was f'ing money ... then the post-season...

Every time he pops up on some highlight reel I'm amazed how vividly I can recall his career; the Atlanta and NYM meltdowns, the struggles the next year, the game in San Diego when he made his first relief appearance in years and his teammates met him at the top of the dugout, then the conversion to outfield, homering in his first game, and how the crowd would demand a curtail call every homerun thereafter. At times sad but overall inspiring career.

Ha what a night for STL pitcher Garcia on offense, gets thrown out going 1st to home while running through a stop sign at 3rd then the next at-bat works a stand-up triple after fouling off 8 pitches. Can only go 3 bases at a time apparently.

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    His last two starts, Matt Cain has thrown 18 shutout innings and given up 3 singles and a walk. It's too bad he faced a 9+ shutout inning game from Cliff Lee tonight and got pinch hit for after only 91 pitches

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    Okay, so the Marlins are probably one of the most ridiculous teams ever to grace MLB. From the uniforms, to the 2 million dollar flashy-dolphin-fish home run celebration contraption to the tremendously huge ballpark dimensions. Oh, and Carlos Zambrano and Ozzie are on that team.

And they beat the shit out of my cubs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I have no problem with giant ballpark dimensions. Hell, I'd love for someone to go totally loony with it and push the fence back to Braves Field/Polo Grounds/Cleveland Municipal proportions. It would be hell on the power hitters, but it'd be great for triples and inside-the-park homers.

Just the one team, though. We don't need a league full of that.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    Demerdar wrote: »
    Okay, so the Marlins are probably one of the most ridiculous teams ever to grace MLB. From the uniforms, to the 2 million dollar flashy-dolphin-fish home run celebration contraption to the tremendously huge ballpark dimensions. Oh, and Carlos Zambrano and Ozzie are on that team.

And they beat the shit out of my cubs.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

Don't forget the new Marlins theme song. It... it certainly is a song, of some sort.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Bonifacio has to have some sort of a standing season-long green light; he had 40 stolen bases the entire season last year and he's already at 9.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bonifacio has to have some sort of a standing season-long green light; he had 40 stolen bases the entire season last year and he's already at 9.

Jesus Christ. So he's on track for like... 121?

Sounds plausible, if somewhat Rickey Hendersonesque in scope.

minor incident on
  • Options
    Kemp another 2-4 so far with his 7th hr. Only 1sb on the year; guess his 50/50 prediction may not pan out

• Options
    Kemp another 2-4 so far with his 7th hr. Only 1sb on the year; guess his 50/50 prediction may not pan out

I was banking on Ellsbury flirting with 40/40 again. That is also looking less and less likely. =[

• Options
    PlushyCthulhuPlushyCthulhu Registered User regular

Hard to steal when you don't stop at first. Also is Napoli legit? The power has always been there, but he's on fire...

Steam/LoL: plushycthulhu
This discussion has been closed.