As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[XBLA] Thread - Monaco out soon, DuckTales HD this summer.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    lol

anyone get simpsons arcade? i want it but also want to play with other yellow people too

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote:
    release news: tomorrow is Shank 2 & Gotham City Imposterz
    next week is Warp (1st house party title) & a new pinball fx table

I played a bit of the GCI beta/demo. it's fun, but not worth $15 IMO, especially since they're doing a ton of microtransaction cosmetic stuff with it
    just so everyone is clear, all the cosmetic items can be unlocked in-game without spending any money. you earn coins each match, and those coins you use to unlock clothing items. you can buy packs of those coins to unlock things faster, but really you can earn everything yourself.

NO STOP BEING REASONABLE AND EXPLAINING THINGS WITH FACTS AND INFORMATION. I WOULD RATHER GET ANGRY ABOUT MICROTRANSACTIONS AND DLC AND SELLING ME AN UNFINISHED GAME.

ITS ALREADY ON THE DISC!

wait...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Skull2185 wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    release news: tomorrow is Shank 2 & Gotham City Imposterz
    next week is Warp (1st house party title) & a new pinball fx table

I played a bit of the GCI beta/demo. it's fun, but not worth $15 IMO, especially since they're doing a ton of microtransaction cosmetic stuff with it
    just so everyone is clear, all the cosmetic items can be unlocked in-game without spending any money. you earn coins each match, and those coins you use to unlock clothing items. you can buy packs of those coins to unlock things faster, but really you can earn everything yourself.

NO STOP BEING REASONABLE AND EXPLAINING THINGS WITH FACTS AND INFORMATION. I WOULD RATHER GET ANGRY ABOUT MICROTRANSACTIONS AND DLC AND SELLING ME AN UNFINISHED GAME.

ITS ALREADY ON THE DISC!

wait...

It's too late! The DLC is coming from inside the disc!

edit: Local, we have the trial and I may be able to scrape some points together to get it, in which case, maybe. Also need to persuade Will to get it, in that case.

edit 2: Oh right, so his post disappeared making mine look smart. Great. Thanks. This was, of course, in reference to The Simpsons on XBLA.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Crimson Alliance: yes or no?

• Options
    for $10 it's a fun, gauntlet like game with co-op. i like it enough to have bought it. mind you, it is much more fun with others and if everyone is a different class.

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote:
    I completely missed that Rise of the Martian Bear came out for Tre... Iron Brigade.

Still havn't actually finished the main single-player campaign. Don't suppose there's a metatag or anything for it that has people playing it? Would like to actually try running it multiplayer without grabbing randoms.

Playing it almost erry day, love this game dude.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    NBA Jam OFE isn't that bad, although it does get kind of boring playing with just CPUs. If you, or someone you know, enjoys:

-Basketball
    -Listening to Tim Kitzrow
    -The original NBA Jam

I would recommend this, although there have been issues of save files being corrupted and title screen freezes. I have experienced this before, and luckily didn't get set too far back. If you do plan on buying it, just be careful. I don't know how often it happens but so far I've been fine.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Can't wait to give Zen more of my money tomorrow. Its the least I can give for hours of replay value.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, I've got 910 MS points left and I can't find anything worth buying with it.
    Suuuuucks.

• Options
    ms 'splosion man?
    outland?
    geometry wars 2?
    pac-man ce dx?
    pinball fx 2 tables?

then use the leftover dollar on an indie game like miner dig deep or escape goat

• Options
    Own everything there except for Pinball FX. Have no interest in pinball. :P

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Shank?
    Dishwasher: Vampire Smile?
    Snoopy Flying Ace?
    Defense Grid?
    World of Keflings?
    Warp, which came out today?

edit: ilomilo?
    edit 2: mercury hg + sonic cd
    edit 3: buy a points card, get a $15 game, have enough left over for alan wake next week.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    Find a way to get $5 more in points so you can get Renegade Ops. Probably one of the best arcade games I've ever purchased.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Options
    Get Iron Brigade!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    anyone tried warp yet? i'm probably going to pick it up, was wondering what it's like.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    There's really a game called Dishwasher: Vampire Smile? Seriously? Is it a trilogy with the second game being Sink: Werewolf penis and the third Couch: Mummy Tooth?

• Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote:
    There's really a game called Dishwasher: Vampire Smile? Seriously? Is it a trilogy with the second game being Sink: Werewolf penis and the third Couch: Mummy Tooth?
    The reality is so much better than your imagination. I won't spoil the surprise for you.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    JonBob wrote:
    shadowane wrote:
    The reality is so much better than your imagination. I won't spoil the surprise for you.

Oh I see. It's actually "The Dishwasher" not Dishwasher. So it's not an appliance but a person.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    1 Year Xbox Live $32.99 + Free Shipping from Buy.com. http://ow.ly/9bBUf

Go get it if you're even slightly interested.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    weak, 3 consecutive weeks of dlc deal of the week. (fable 3 now, gow next week)

at least the Alan Wake game is coming out in a few hours...

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    weak, 3 consecutive weeks of dlc deal of the week. (fable 3 now, gow next week)

at least the Alan Wake game is coming out in a few hours...

Since they're promoting House Party, I guess they don't want to cannibalise sales from people wanting to buy a new game.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    so Alan Wake is pretty great. first xbla game in a long time I've not said "well I'll just wait for the dotw on it" after playing the trial.

also, it looks like Retro City Rampage finally has a release date of "May", replacing the old release date of "oh, are we actually releasing this ever?"

• Options
    Whatever happened to the XBLA version of Spelunky?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Cannot wait for Retro City Rampage, especially looking forward to be the "villain" in the old TMNT games and plant all those underwater bombs.

Alan Wake Arcade is out? I loved the original and even got all the achievements for it (fuck the dont die at all ones)

• Options
    Basically fuck those underwater bombs for all eternity.

I can't wait for that game, wonder how many references will open up memories we'd all forgotten?

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

I can't wait for that game, wonder how many references will open up memories we'd all forgotten?

This....is a thing? In this game? :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cantido wrote: »

This....is a thing? In this game? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6sMr-qKmD4

0.27 is the sidescrolling part from TMNT and 0.32 is the Underwater Bombs part, where you are the one planting them.

Tons of other references though, Mario, Bionic Commando, Megaman etc. to name a few.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/24/retro-city-rampage-soundtrack-available-now-downloadable-or-on/

Sirialis on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    "Downloading to your console in 2010" lol

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Heh, I think I first saw videos for Retro City Rampage around the same time I saw videos for Super Meat Boy.

When Super Meat Boy was supposed to be a WiiWare release...as was RCR, actually.

• Options
    Is American Nightmare worth buying if I haven't played the first game?

• Options
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Is American Nightmare worth buying if I haven't played the first game?

I also want to know this.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    you'll be a bit lost and to be honest it's pretty repetitive, but it's still a fun game with a very cool setting. i'd recommend playing AW first but this one plays much better IMO.

if you aren't worried about story too much i can say it's worth $15

• Options
    Alan Wake 1 download cards are still easily found for $10 or less

• Options
    Alan Wake 1 download cards are still easily found for $10 or less

this is how i got my copy, totally worth it

• Options
    We don't have those in Australia.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Alan Wake American Nightmare seems pretty cool, finished the demo earlier, the game feels a bit more open than the original AW, too bad I dont have any points cards available at the moment.

I got my creditcard off my xboxlive account with a fair bit of unnecessary bullshit, not going to add that back again in this lifetime. (You can delete it seemingly without troubles in Euroland now, but fool me once...)

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The best part about American Nightmare is the weapon variety.

Also, you get an AA-12! Its hard to feel tense and scared when you're all *BLAM BLAM BLAM* lololol fuck youuuuuuu!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Rizzi wrote:
    We don't have those in Australia.

You can import the game from UK retailers pretty cheap. I use Zavvi personally, should be able to get it delivered for about 15 bucks.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    I just bought a preowned copy of Alan Wake for $30. Got a copy of Ninja Gaiden 2 also, but that is scratched to shit and I doubt it'll play.
    I bought all the DLC for Alan Wake and American Nightmare. My body is ready.