As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[XBLA] Thread - Monaco out soon, DuckTales HD this summer.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    there's so much Doctor Who just sitting there unwatched on Netflix.

Oh yes!

Recently reactivated my Netflix account after getting rid of cable. Picked up with The Doctor where I left off. Just started into season 4, such a wonderful show. It reminds me of a modern day(Yes, I'm aware Doctor Who goes back to the 70s(?) ) Twilight Zone. Its so campy and cheesey, and the acting is pretty bad, but you can't help but love it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i haven't watched as much netflix recently since they stopped updating as much
    but according to my stats page on rewards.xbox.com, i have watched over 500 hours of netflix and 250 of hulu in the last 6 months

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Ok so the split screen multiplayer for XBLA Minecraft looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dC0amJGaIQ

I've somehow never actually played Minecraft before but I'm going to have to get this on the 360 so I can play split screen multiplayer with my boy.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    There are also full eps of MLP on Youtube

...Major League Puking?
    ...Moms Lacking Pituitary?
    ...Meatheads Love Plumbers?

Could someone please tell me what the hell MLP is?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    There are also full eps of MLP on Youtube

...Major League Puking?
    ...Moms Lacking Pituitary?
    ...Meatheads Love Plumbers?

Could someone please tell me what the hell MLP is?

Ponies
    anideal.gif

• Options
    Oh, right. :P

• Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Ok so the split screen multiplayer for XBLA Minecraft looks pretty cool.

snip

I've somehow never actually played Minecraft before but I'm going to have to get this on the 360 so I can play split screen multiplayer with my boy.

hey this is cooool

• Options
    I can't wait to just get in there a build my own world!

That's how Minecraft works, right?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    also UV you never get to have opinions again if you like MLP

next time you try to say MGS3 was bad, i'ma be like "ain't you that guy who digs ponies"

But I love MGS3

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Which features of the PC version will the XBLA Minecraft have? It looks like the kind of thing I could play with my little sister, but I want to know that there's enough of the bells and whistles that got added in later versions to make it worthwhile.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    It's pretty cool that it's got split-screen, especially for up to four players. Don't know about the other features, though...

Didn't they sort out some kind of regular update scheme with MS? Something that other games don't (yet) enjoy?

• Options
    also UV you never get to have opinions again if you like MLP

next time you try to say MGS3 was bad, i'ma be like "ain't you that guy who digs ponies"

But I love MGS3

ain't you that guy who digs ponies

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Sine Mora was so good but it made me quite sad...

• Options
    DotW: SNK Games
    -King of Fighters 98 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -King of Fighters 2002 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -King of Fighters Sky Stage - 400 msp - 50% off
    -Metal Slug 3 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -Metal Slug XX - 600 msp - 50% off
    -Trouble Witches Neo - 400 msp - 50% off

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Hydro Thunder Hurricane is also on sale (600 points), though not advertised for some reason.

In other news, Amy's being patched.

• Options
    Hydro Thunder is probably the family deal of the month.
    Only advertised to family gold accounts, but open to anyone

• Options
    edited April 2012
    also, Rock Band Blitz announced for the summer.
    plays like Frequency/Amplitude/mobile RB titles, compatible with prior rock band dlc, 25 built-in songs that also export to RB3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MeUvHz1rZc

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    I dont get it...

You switch between the different sections of the fret board, but there's tons of gems or whatever all over the place so you arent going to be able to hit them all? I guess its going to be more about how many points you can score and less about accuracy?

Definitely interested in it though, been wanting to play some Rock Band but ive long since gotten rid of my plastic instruments.

• Options
    I think it's a score attack, yeah.
    Switch to the lane with the most gems, switch to the lane that has a a boost/item in it, switch lanes to make certain items work (like that pinball in the video).

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Seeing that definitely makes me want to dust off my old copies of Frequency and Amplitude.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    DotW: SNK Games
    -King of Fighters 98 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -King of Fighters 2002 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -King of Fighters Sky Stage - 400 msp - 50% off
    -Metal Slug 3 - 400 msp - 50% off
    -Metal Slug XX - 600 msp - 50% off
    -Trouble Witches Neo - 400 msp - 50% off

Which Metal Slug and which KoF should I get?

• Options
    http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/xbox/
    I haven't seen these anywhere myself, but apparently dr pepper fountain cups have codes for 100 msp ($1.25) on them.

• Options
    TrynantTrynant Maniac Brawler Rank 20.100 and full WildRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, among upcoming XBLA games is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQSg4UqLwwM

This trailer. This trailer is stuck in my head all day every day. James Silva gets all my moneys now.

EDIT: For clarification, this is going to be a coin-op style arcade brawler with a punk band versus a death metal band and their undead fanbase...or something. I dunno. THERE WAS A FUCKING DRUMMER RIDING A RABID DOG AND DRUMMING OVER A MOSH PIT.

Trynant on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Which features of the PC version will the XBLA Minecraft have? It looks like the kind of thing I could play with my little sister, but I want to know that there's enough of the bells and whistles that got added in later versions to make it worthwhile.

This is basically what will determine if I will buy MC on the 360 or not. They said they started with a build from a year ago and that they want to quickly add in the new stuff, but microsoft have been notoriously shitty about how they do updates/patches with XBLA games (see MNC).

Basically, if the version they're working off of has most of the stuff, and can have persistent survival multiplayer maps over the internet, I'll buy it. Because right now I'd love to play with a small group of family/friends, but none of us have a extra machine to run a server, and most of us can't even really run the game all that well.

• Options
    http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/xbox/
    I haven't seen these anywhere myself, but apparently dr pepper fountain cups have codes for 100 msp ($1.25) on them.

where would one find these cups? this interests me as a fan of free money and dr.pepper

• Options
    I would guess in convenience stores/gas stations.

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what's going on with Fallen Frontier? Dev's website, twitter, and Facebook appear to have not been updated in over a year, which makes me nervous.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I would guess in convenience stores/gas stations.

They typically have their own cups. 7-11's have 7-11 cups, Race Tracs have Race Trac cups, etc.

I'm no fan of Dr. Pepper but I would gladly stick some Vanilla Pepsi in the Dr. Pepper cup and walk away with $1.25 in MS points. Several times.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    three times a day even.

• Options
    GrombarGrombar Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I played through the patched version of AMY just now. It's definitely an improvement. The performance still chugs now and then, but they added a bunch more checkpoints, the stealth segments are more lenient, the subtitles are partially (though not completely) fixed, and the lighting is much brighter if you want it to be.

The extra checkpoints alone make a world of difference. I'd say it's worth checking out.

Edit: And you get to keep your inventory when you go back to a checkpoint. You still can't save in mid-level, but I understand that's a bitch to code in retroactively, if you haven't built your save system that way from the start.

Grombar on
  • Options
    Excellent, I'm finally going to go through the rest of Amy then.

• Options
    So I downloaded the trial for Pinball Arcade and it's so...dull.

I always heard great things about the studio behind this, and I wasn't impressed by Pinball FX or Zen Pinball so I was hoping this would satisfy me.

No one has gotten video pinball right, as far as I'm concerned. It's something that needs to be done in person, I guess.

• Options

I always heard great things about the studio behind this, and I wasn't impressed by Pinball FX or Zen Pinball so I was hoping this would satisfy me.

No one has gotten video pinball right, as far as I'm concerned. It's something that needs to be done in person, I guess.

...if you're not impressed with Zen Pinball, I really don't think there's any video pinball for you.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

...if you're not impressed with Zen Pinball, I really don't think there's any video pinball for you.

Zen/FX2 is pretty much the pinnacle of video pinballin'. Try a different table perhaps? Fantastic Four, SF2, Extreme, Speed Machine are the worst ones. The most recent set of Marvel Tables are some of the best.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Rome is pretty terrible too.

• Options
    this game looks SO GOOD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOdiZ8AHq00
    this in not me playing BTW, i wanted to help this guy with that last puzzle which really gave him trouble

• Options
    Ooh, Quantum Conundrum is coming to XBLA?

I could've sworn that was a PC-only thing

• Options
    yeah, the guy i talked to seemed to think it was gonna be a budget title for PC, 360 and PS3
    he said if they do a physical version it would be like a 'special edition' of the game

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Quantum Conundrum seems relevant to my interests.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So World Gone Sour is pretty fun

Definitely worth the $5 at least

UnbreakableVow on