As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Guild Wars 2 - BWE #3: 20-22 July - Return to FORT ASPENWOOD! - Release date: 28 August!

• Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Yeah I think story combat is pretty hard unless you do cheesy shit with your companions/enemy AI.
    However, I did get to do some fighting earlier with barely any lag and it seemed a lot better, so maybe that's partially it.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I did realize afterwards though that I should have tried using the short bow, which was good for groups. Might just be a case of me not thinking hard enough about what weapon I was using.

The idea that this is important is really cool!

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I was screwing around on a thief in WvW this afternoon.

Scorpion Wire + dagger/dagger to throw some bleeds and a cripple was pretty great for getting people off walls and killing them before they could get back inside.

• Options
    OH SHIT.

Scorpion wire can reach up the keep walls? I hope that's intentional and they don't remove that. That is fucking great.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Smile for the camera!
    UIjzW.jpg

Flay on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sarksus wrote: »
    OH SHIT.

Scorpion wire can reach up the keep walls? I hope that's intentional and they don't remove that. That is fucking great.

Only if they peeked over the edge...which they did a bunch.

Really scorpion wire was responsible for most of my kills even in the open field. Grabbing elementalists and necros for easy kills.

rhylith on
  • Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    OH SHIT.

Only if they peeked over the edge...which they did a bunch.

Really scorpion wire was responsible for most of my kills even in the open field. Grabbing elementalists and necros for easy kills.

I have wanted that skill for awhile but this seals the deal.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    this game is pretty excellent. I got a beta key from a friend, played all weekend.

I like it because they didn't try to make a wow clone, which let's be honest, is doomed to fail cause you can't beat wow at wow. It's different, and awesome.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    mastman wrote: »
    this game is pretty excellent. I got a beta key from a friend, played all weekend.

I like it because they didn't try to make a wow clone, which let's be honest, is doomed to fail cause you can't beat wow at wow. It's different, and awesome.

This, so much

• Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is a pretty cool Charr
    GW2b_-_herpaderp.jpg

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Ahahahah! Oh god is that yours? What quest was it on?

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Well, I'm done with this BWE. Need some sleep. A couple hours ago, I decided to try a thief for the first time, and I really wish I had done so sooner. I had been having so much fun with the engineer that I mostly focused on that, but the thief reminded me of the assassin gameplay that I loved in GW. Gonna need to spend some serious time with a thief next BWE. Also, need to delve into PvP. Maybe i'll try to transfer to a server where I can actually play WvW, rather than just sit in a queue.

• Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    So I was gonna try downloading the game to see if I can even run it, but my windows partition just doesn't have enough room I think.
    25 GB is quite a lot for one game, goodness.

My little brother bought the game and let me play on it for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. I'll likely buy it if I could run it. D:

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Streaming the end-of-beta event for you unfortunate fools who can't play it http://www.livestream.com/itscrawford

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Belruel wrote: »
    So I was gonna try downloading the game to see if I can even run it, but my windows partition just doesn't have enough room I think.

My little brother bought the game and let me play on it for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. I'll likely buy it if I could run it. D:

The client was only 12.7 gigs this weekend, still quite a bit but only half what they said.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Belruel wrote: »

The client was only 12.7 gigs this weekend, still quite a bit but only half what they said.

I have managed to get 20.3 GB free, when the game comes out I might try to do a download and see if it runs, and if it does I'll buy it.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    You guys should watch crawford's stream if you aren't gonna be in game.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Erics wrote: »
    This is a pretty cool Charr
    GW2b_-_herpaderp.jpg

what

in

the

fuck

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    also I made the little "work in progress" icon :):):)

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Veretas wrote: »
    You guys should watch crawford's stream if you aren't gonna be in game.

I popped into it, but then it was weird so I left. I can go watch my little brother playing it and see what all the fuss is about.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

You did a good job, then.

Love that icon.

Also, I know you guys really want us to post in the official forums with our feedback, so I did that.

But man, I do not envy the staff who have to go through all that to find something worth reading.

Between the two extremes of "absolutely everything sucks" and "everything is totally perfect and if you think differently you suck at MMOs/are an idiot" even I'm getting a headache skimming those threads.

And frankly, I'm not even sure if my impressions would even help. I mean, I can't deny GW2 has been marketed as fairly different from its predecessor. So my pining for a game closer to GW1 probably isn't too useful.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Erics wrote: »

Not my Charr, dude I know's. It was the last beta personal story quest I think? Sins of the Father or something like that?

Honestly it kind of looks more like a feature than a bug to me. :bz

I hope he bugged it

Either way I'll show the guy in charge of those tomorrow.

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Not my Charr, dude I know's. It was the last beta personal story quest I think? Sins of the Father or something like that?

Honestly it kind of looks more like a feature than a bug to me. :bz

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Love that icon.

Also, I know you guys really want us to post in the official forums with our feedback, so I did that.

But man, I do not envy the staff who have to go through all that to find something worth reading.

Between the two extremes of "absolutely everything sucks" and "everything is totally perfect and if you think differently you suck at MMOs/are an idiot" even I'm getting a headache skimming those threads.

Hello and welcome to video game development

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

Love that icon.

In the suggestions subforum, I found myself agreeing with people more often than not.

But the "I disagree with you so you're a shitty dumb idiot baby, go back to playing WoW you fag" posts are kind of annoying

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

Love that icon.

In the suggestions subforum, I found myself agreeing with people more often than not.

But the "I disagree with you so you're a shitty dumb idiot baby, go back to playing WoW you fag" posts are kind of annoying

I only went into the GW2 general forum because Veretas said I should post my feedback there.

I've gotten used to the (relative) safety of SE++.

New forums intimidate and frighten me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    One thing really confuses me. In game I didn't really notice any really dumb female armors, most of them seemed pretty great/normal/cute etc. But the character creation screen female armors, especially the norn ones, are kind of that silly not-making-sense-just-to-show-skin type armor and it's just like... why? Everything else looks so great in this game why do you look like this >.I

fabulousFantastic.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i feel like this beta ending event is probably going to do lasting harm to my computer

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    woop game crashed

goodbye, beta

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    yeah this is really really laggy and epitomizes my least favorite parts of the beta

• Options
    IT'S OVER

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    we killed

so many fucking chickens

• Options
    main shard of SoS was over 300K

• Options
    Do we know what percentage of their total server power was running for this weekend? Because if that is anything close to like, half, man that is gonna be a laggy first couple weeks.

• Options
    WAHWAH Registered User regular
    Beta was super fun.

Pic of my guy.
    HBI0q.jpg
    And here we are just chilling at the hot springs.
    UFSvb.jpg

STEAM | GW2: hamdoughnuts.7359
  • Options
    oh that was a neat idea with the sleep jumping, I thought you were just goofin

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    WAH, your character may convince a friend of mine to get GW2. Thanks!

Fantastic
  • Options
    and my sexy Charr does nothing? smh

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    is there a good place to read up on the lore of the GW universe? Last I knew, Charr were bad guys. Yet I see no screen shots of the human dudes, just Charr.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Honestly, the Charr don't really make that much sense as a playable race

In Guild Wars 1, the Charr you fought against and did the whole Searing thing were the Flame Legion, who were the leaders of their race and the Shamans had the highest caste, believing in the power of the Titans as their gods. In Prophecies you Fuck Shit Up and destroy the titans, sending the Charr into a little freak out.

Next time, in Eye of the North, the Charr Shamans have switched their worship to the Destroyers. Again, you Fuck Shit Up, and the other Charr Legions rebel against the Flame Legion, and the Shamans are now the lowest class, and other Charr are nervous around them.

But the thing is, all of the Charr Legions are all about taking over Ascalon. And in the Movement of the World (which gives a little recap and explanation of the events leading into GW2) it even says the Charr want to wipe out all humans.

but they're cool so whatever Charr every day

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.