As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Vegas, Baby!

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    so where can i find t-51b power armor without brotherhood markings? wanna wear em, but don't wanna get attacked by douchey ncr douches

If you haven't met Veronica or started the BoS quests then there is a dead paladin
    halfway up Black Mountain in a fenced off area full of centaurs

he's still there if you have met her/started the quest but the armor is then faction marked.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay this
    Pimp boy

is hilarious and awesome.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh poop, was that the radioactive pool with the bodies part of the brotherhood quest to find the tapes? i think i found the bodies and only found brotherhood armor. dangit

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lostwords wrote: »
    oh poop, was that the radioactive pool with the bodies part of the brotherhood quest to find the tapes? i think i found the bodies and only found brotherhood armor. dangit

Sorry, I probably explained it poorly.

It is that armor, its just that before you start the BoS stuff it isn't faction tagged for some reason, most likely just a glitch.

Once the BoS stuff is started then it gets faction tagged.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You can also find unmarked armor
    On the far east coast across the river. It's surrounded by 15 or so deathclaws.

I found another suit as well but I cannot recall where.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fuuuuuuuu, too late then. off to search the wastelands then

EDIT: D: yeah, will skip that other power armor location for now

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Reading the wiki it turns out I got both suits in that same location.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    LucentLucent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone with the PC version turned off clipping and gone to see what's outside the boundaries of the map? There's ridiculously huge tracts of empty space on the west and northwest side of the map and also pretty much everything east of the Colorado river.

I, a lowly console user, am infinitely curious what the landscape out there looks like.

Lucent on
    s6e07VashAndJennySig2.png
    I'm afraid to click that spoiler. I'm not sure I want to know. I'll just keep trying to fuck everything. -- trentsteel
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've never used no clipping for that, I mostly use it to get to outdoor locations that are only accessible by going through multiple indoor locations.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    It's not the game breaking bugs killing me... just the invisible walls for no reason and the Friend of the Night perk being bugged. It says it works at night OR inside, but it only works inside if it's night outside too. How. Dumb.

And it's way prettier than turning up your brightness so... hush.

edit: I looked it up, it is just coded stupidly. If it checked indoors then time, it'd work as described. It checks time then indoors for no reason at all.

It's working as intended.

Tube on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "You are a true friend of the night. Your eyes adapt quickly to low-light conditions indoors and when darkness falls across the post-nuclear wasteland."

I'm in a cave, but my body knows it's 11am and so my pupils don't dilate?

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it says like, right under that, that it works by your body's circadian rhythm, so yes.

edit: wait that's for night person.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    it says like, right under that, that it works by your body's circadian rhythm, so yes.

edit: wait that's for night person.

Caught it in the edit, lucky you! :D

It's not a big deal, I am just warning other people not to take it unless you want to get frustrated like me. 'cause you end up turning up the brightness super high to see inside anyway.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I imagine some of the empty space will be used for DLC. There is one already in the works.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MrBrickMrBrick Underneath pub furniture.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've entirely buggered my playthrough. I can't even go near doors without the fucking thing resetting the PS3 now. How I've become such a glitch-magnet is beyond me. Is there something terribly wrong with using Boone and ED-E whilst trying to do the Wild Card missions?

MrBrick on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    e: oh, nevermind

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am already planning out 2 more characters oh god the sickness is inside me.

captaink on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have ED-E, but I keep him/her/it in my room in Novac. I talked ot Old Lady Gibson, and the recording played. I don't know the next step, and he keep getting blown up. I know it is a limitation of the engine, but seeing a flying robot who can shoot lasers get its ass kicked to the point of exploding-- by three Legion jerks with machetes-- is hilarious. After that happened three times, I just told ED-E to stay in my room.

I've been staying away from lots of places until I feel like doing ED-E's quest. Just exploring mostly.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have ED-E, but I keep him/her/it in my room in Novac. I talked ot Old Lady Gibson, and the recording played. I don't know the next step, and he keep getting blown up. I know it is a limitation of the engine, but seeing a flying robot who can shoot lasers get its ass kicked to the point of exploding-- by three Legion jerks with machetes-- is hilarious. After that happened three times, I just told ED-E to stay in my room.

I've been staying away from lots of places until I feel like doing ED-E's quest. Just exploring mostly.

I don't know if this is a spoiler or not, so I'm going to mark it as such, this is basically what you need to do for that quest without naming any of the specifics.
    Basically you have to talk to science-y type people who use words that might be the keywords that trigger his memory. But there's a cooldown after you get a new memory section, so you have to wait three days after getting one to go find another person who might have been related to the Enclave or their science projects.

freakish light on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jesus christ Vault 34.

Never going back there.
    ever

101 on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    god fuck that place. it wouldn't be so bad if you could mitigate radiation entirely, but by the time I finished and left I was entirely out of radaway and rapidly approaching max rads, where I'm pretty sure you instantly die.

freakish light on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    guys this The Glow place is bullshit
    I just wandered in and died! the hell is that

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Framling wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Echilda wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    jwalk wrote: »
    lol I gave Veronica power armor and a power fist, she just runs around punching off heads.. where, I don't even know.. I just get the XP message and occasional kill-cam.

I guess it makes up for the fact that ED-E won't follow us down into vault 34... he doesn't like the rads I guess??

He may be broken after finishing his questline. To fix him, first empty his inventory because you'll lose everything you stored on him. Then open the console, click him, then type these commands in this order:
    disable
    enable
    kill
    resurrect

And then he'll start following and shooting with you again.

Does using the console disable achievements?

Googled this.
    "WARNING: Using console commands in the Steam version of Fallout: New Vegas will prevent you from obtaining achievements! If you shut down and restart the game they will enable again! "

Oh that is horse shit. So I got fucked out of achievements because I used ToggleEmotions to make the game not run like shit.

Sucks, yeah but c'mon. People could just give themselves half the achievements in the game with console commands. Maybe see if you can modify that value permanently in an ini file or something?

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    god fuck that place. it wouldn't be so bad if you could mitigate radiation entirely, but by the time I finished and left I was entirely out of radaway and rapidly approaching max rads, where I'm pretty sure you instantly die.

It wouldn't have been so bad for me if I hadn't run out of ammo for my energy weapons.
    And my flamer hadn't broke.
    Soldiered on with a 10mm submachine gun.

101 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    who needs ammo when you have your fists

specifically your ballistic fist

freakish light on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Jesus christ Vault 34.

Never going back there.
    ever

yeah, you probably will

unless you got BOTH the vault quest, and the sharecroppers quest done at once.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Pretty sure the sharecropper quest unlocks when you access the overseer's terminal, but I was almost at max rads and I didn't have time to read, only to run

freakish light on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Doing vault 34 right now, don't really see the hate. The constant ticking sound is a little annoying.. that's about it? Pop some Rad-X, that's what it's for. It goes up slowly enough.. I've only used 2 rad-away so far, and I have a stack of like 17... big deal. The ghouls are pathetic easy... using my custom 10mm smg, which rules by the way, and oh hey guess what the ghouls drop..

I did drown once though :(

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    man, I hated that Vault, but that safe had like 11 Radaways in it and there was Radaway in various first aid kits everywhere.

I never got past advanced radiation sickness.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I totally
    fucked over the Sharecroppers. Sorry dudes, but you can always plant somewhere else. Those vault residents were going to die.

Besides, when I'm Lord Overseer of all New Vegas, I can give you better lands.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    jwalk wrote: »
    Doing vault 34 right now, don't really see the hate. The constant ticking sound is a little annoying.. that's about it? Pop some Rad-X, that's what it's for. It goes up slowly enough.. I've only used 2 rad-away so far, and I have a stack of like 17... big deal. The ghouls are pathetic easy... using my custom 10mm smg, which rules by the way, and oh hey guess what the ghouls drop..

I did drown once though :(

My frustration with it was the layout and the constant backtracking to unlock doors.

And I had to stop playing for the night after I finished it because it had made me incredibly motion sick, trying to hurry through hallways.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I totally
    fucked over the Sharecroppers. Sorry dudes, but you can always plant somewhere else. Those vault residents were going to die.

Wait
    There were still living people in there other than Feral Ghouls?

well damn

Dux on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I loved vault 34, which apparently is the opposite experience of absolutely everybody else ever

the tension of the rads + all the ghouls snarling and that they knew where you were but you don't know where they are really made it for me

have I mentioned how much more terrifying the feral ghoul noise is in new vegas

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dux wrote: »
    Yeah I totally

Wait

well damn

Well
    You never see them. But when you get to the Reactor terminal a message gets sent to you from residents in the blocked off area. They say they can escape if you give them reactor control. Doing so means you can't turn it off for the Sharecroppers though.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I totally

Wait

well damn

Well
    You never see them. But when you get to the Reactor terminal a message gets sent to you from residents in the blocked off area. They say they can escape if you give them reactor control. Doing so means you can't turn it off for the Sharecroppers though.

I'm pretty sure I didn't get that, huh. Ah well, live and learn.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I totally

Wait

well damn

Well

I did the same thing.
    1. Fuck you NCR, you keep being douchebags to me.

2. Oh no, Rads? Get the fuck used to it.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I am going to make an evil kung-fu scientist

Unarmed, energy weapons, science. Or maybe melee, EW, science.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Fuck them I want corn

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Want someone to mod in a room, just a room, with all the senators and the president of the NCR and just let me go to town.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    why erryone hating the ncr

they have a two headed bear

Langly on
This discussion has been closed.