As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread for Monday November 1, 2010

12345679»

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    me too

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ivar wrote: »
    Wow, you'd have to be a pretty silly goose to not get a basic grasp on what is going on in this comic

Yes, all of us who didn't get it at first are horrible people, we know.

We're all gnashing our teeth and tearing out our hair in humiliation.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I don't like her

My friend here doesn't like her either

I am the least liked person ever.

Also that gaslight fellow is very strange, why in the world would I take a vote against this comic as a personal attack?
    makes no sense man. I just think some people are really dense in here.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hate

kagera.

(and the horse he rode in on)

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    I don't like her

Also that gaslight fellow is very strange, why in the world would I take a vote against this comic as a personal attack?

That's why it was supposed to be funnnnnyyyy... :cry:

But I can't deny that I'm strange.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for Belruel, but I'd also like to see Sand. The New Kid feels like the setting to an unremarkable CN/Nick cartoon.

Arteen on
  • Options
    The InfraThe Infra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    The Infra wrote: »
    Are we still doing this?

I don't care

I love

ceeeeeeeeeeeeeereal

Si, and I like potatoes.

:^:
    I
    CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

The Infra on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Belruel wrote: »
    I don't like her

makes no sense man. I just think some people are really dense in here.

bel
    ponda-baba.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Much like HunterZ I voted for Belruel based purely on aesthetics, even though the panels of the page we got caused almost nothing but narrative confusion, and not the good kind of confusion which makes you think there is a sure authorial hand behind it all.

august on
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted sand, because from the newspost, they sounded pretty passionate about the new kid, so I think that we are definately going to see that in the future.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I actually like all three concepts a lot. Queen of Bells is my favorite, but the other two are very cool concepts as well!

Let's all hug.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    SmartAlec2001SmartAlec2001 Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Can anyone else see something that might be family resemblance in the faces of Belruel and the old man? I think I see it, and now I can't unsee it.

I get the impression that if Belruel calls this old man anything, it's 'Grandfather'.

Oh; and panel 6 isn't her standing! It's her walking. She's travelling from the camp, through the night, to find the lion knight.

(on Bel being the person who's killed the people on the list, surely not! One, the guy at the end just screams 'villain', from his brutal look to the clenched fist in the last panel - and two, Bel can barely hold that sword. The whole of that last panel's composition is her defiant weakness against the other guy's huge physical power.)

SmartAlec2001 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Can anyone else see something that might be family resemblance in the faces of Belruel and the old man? I think I see it, and now I can't unsee it.

I get the impression that if Belruel calls this old man anything, it's 'Grandfather'.

The old man has a really distinctive nose. I'd like to get a better look at Bel's nose because I think that would be diagnostic but she's too far away.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just noticed the name "Benadrix" on the list

I'm pretty sure in one of the podcasts Gabe mentions that that's the name of one of the PCs in the DnD game he runs

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gaslight wrote: »

The old man has a really distinctive nose. I'd like to get a better look at Bel's nose because I think that would be diagnostic but she's too far away.

http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/1073107538_8qoYm-O.jpg

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Macro9 wrote: »

Oh right.

It's still not really a detail closeup drawing of her face like the one of the old man's, but it's definitely possible. The way it seems to widen out at the top of the bridge, at least in my eyes.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    human-cannonballhuman-cannonball Registered User new member
    edited November 2010

Oh right.

It's still not really a detail closeup drawing of her face like the one of the old man's, but it's definitely possible. The way it seems to widen out at the top of the bridge, at least in my eyes.

HAY YOU GUYS I FOUND IT

human-cannonball on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh right.

HAY YOU GUYS I FOUND IT

Well this is unsettling.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I voted for Belruel because of Bel
    I am but a man

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I am saving a hug for Buster because he is awesome.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am torn between The New Kid and Belruel.

Hmmmm, I gotta side with Belruel. I got a weakness for sword and board fantasy comics.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.