As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops (BLOPS) Enemy New Thread, in your area

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    guys I think thats the guns that have killed him

I could be wrong but I also can read

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ITT people who can't read

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh, now I just feel stupid.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ITT people who can't read

not my fault you're obtuse

edit: savin face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKn7B2pXbE

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I checked mine and my top 2 killed by's are also famas and ak74u

BIG

SURPRISE

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    slurpeekillaslurpeekilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yorker wrote: »
    Mason slips into a bit of an Australian accent at times, I think. Who's his VA?

Also, I miss Kiefer Sutherland and his "Outstanding, Marines! Out-fucking-standing! We kicked ass!" as you won a game, that one line was motivation enough.

Sam Worthington (the dude from Clash of the Titans and Avatar). His slipping in and out of his accent was annoying, and he is definitely the worst voice of the main characters. Ed Harris, Gary Oldman, and even Ice Cube were awesome, and the parts with Creedence and the Stones more than made up for any shoddy voice acting for me.

slurpeekilla on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I wanted Hardline Pro, but my highest killstreak was 6 (no idea how I got that, actually). I'm pretty mediocre. But for the hell of it, I throw on Hardline and jump into some pug server. On my first life, I get nine kills and I used something like 10 killstreak rewards that game. So lucky. Hardline Pro, here I come!

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the ones below the enfield are all under 20. This game is a little silly is what I'm saying.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    certainly the famas #1 for me

but strangely the mp5k is edging out the 74u for me

interesting

sadly noone has killed me with a masterkey, i might have to start using that

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yorker wrote: »
    Mason slips into a bit of an Australian accent at times, I think. Who's his VA?

Also, I miss Kiefer Sutherland and his "Outstanding, Marines! Out-fucking-standing! We kicked ass!" as you won a game, that one line was motivation enough.

Sam Worthington aka action hero flavor of the month. He was the lead in Avatar, Clash of the Titans, Terminator Salvation, etc etc. He's about the most milquetoast dude out there.

CODBLOPS needed more Ed Harris.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just realized I am part of the problem

uhohr.jpg

hopefully the other 4 guns make up for the first

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Commando is the best rifle, the last rifle the g11 is also nice even though its burst, but the fact that you can't add a suppresor sucks dick.

Also carrying my Strella ery day shootin down ur copters and planes

It's so good when you know someone isn't getting their care package

Dixon on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just realized I am part of the problem

uhohr.jpg

hopefully the other 4 guns make up for the first

Ever since I got the 74u, it's been my go-to gun for silent murderings.

I feel no shame for that.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oddly enough, running around with shotguns has made me better with the semiautomatic rifles.

Also, my tag is now a man wearing a fez, holding a beer, and surfing a bomb.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The 74 is my top killer as well, but it's followed up by the AUG, M16, M60, and Enfield. My killed most was from the Enfield which I can respect.

The 74 is winning for me since it's the only SMG I've used since unlocking it, but I've tried all the assault rifles so those kills are spread out. Next prestige I'm planning on trying different SMGs, and maybe more shotgun focus.

Magell on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Is this game out on PC?

yeah

they released a patch that alleviated some fps and stuttering problems for some people, but others are still experiencing significant performance issues

kind of a gamble at this point, i would buy it at a brick and mortar store so you could refund it if you wanted

but its hella fun, and we have a server so we can all get killed by mizak together

is it anything like cod4 or mw2?

I hope not cause I really don't feel like spawning and dying every 5 seconds.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    nova gas is pretty good actually, especially in objective modes

also the m60 is so good

already have gotten quite a few like 15 streaks just hanging in a place and clicking on nerds

Stun grenades now suck ass, but Nova is the new Stun so woohoo for that

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rak I'm not going to lie to you, you will spawn and die every 5 seconds.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Is this game out on PC?

yeah

they released a patch that alleviated some fps and stuttering problems for some people, but others are still experiencing significant performance issues

kind of a gamble at this point, i would buy it at a brick and mortar store so you could refund it if you wanted

but its hella fun, and we have a server so we can all get killed by mizak together

is it anything like cod4 or mw2?

I hope not cause I really don't feel like spawning and dying every 5 seconds.

There's less of the whole killstreak leading to killstreak leading to nuke bullshit, but it's still a COD game

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah it's quite a bit harder to get the higher killstreaks without the lower ones adding to the total.

The gunship is a lot of fun though, controlling the helicopter is pretty tough though, it seems to be slidey.

Dixon on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So apparently the true difference between reflex and red dot is that the red dot actually is a 1.5 zoom, and the reflex is the iron sight, but comes up faster.

Rumor, though.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Killing VC in their sleep, fuck yeah.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So apparently the true difference between reflex and red dot is that the red dot actually is a 1.5 zoom, and the reflex is the iron sight, but comes up faster.

Rumor, though.

Interesting, needs confirmation please.

Also, 360 BLOPS-er's, what sensitivity do use? Informal poll-ish like.

Also, I'm in a Bad Romance with the Galil now. Sometimes it's so sexy and mans die. But sometimes the reticle jumps around like a chihuahua on PCP and I can't hit anything before they kill me.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Rumor, though.

Also, I'm in a Bad Romance with the Galil now. Sometimes it's so sexy and mans die. But sometimes the reticle jumps around like a chihuahua on PCP and I can't hit anything before they kill me.

A lot of people use a high sensitivity, around 7 or so, but I tend to miss and overshoot at those levels. I keep it at medium, which is 2, and find I stay on targets better. I can't spin around quickly, though.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Two questions: Does anyone know or has been able to find a list of all the passwords? I figured out zork but only because that password was surprisingly enough zork. But what's the dead ops one?

And does anyone know if anything you do and complete while you have a second person playing online with you AKA your tag(2), if any of that counts? It seems that challenges don't count but I'm not really sure if xp and money do. I know once you make the party each person can level, earn, buy and set up everything individually and it all disappears once you break the party up reverting to your main set ups but does the main account keep it's xp, money and all of that?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    eekseeks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Does the motion sensor show enemies just for you, or for your whole team?

eeks on
    Eeks aka Erik K
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Two questions: Does anyone know or has been able to find a list of all the passwords? I figured out zork but only because that password was surprisingly enough zork. But what's the dead ops one?

I think the dead ops password is doa.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    eeks wrote: »
    Does the motion sensor show enemies just for you, or for your whole team?

Just for you dude, it's still the best though

Dixon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm not too far in the campaign yet, but
    is Reznov a hallucination or something? You never actually see him interact with anyone other than Mason.

Also, what was up with
    pulling a gun on JFK in a hallucination, am I being brainwashed into killing the president?

Oh, and I saw someone that was level 47 on his first Prestige today, how the fuck do these people do it?

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ask mizak, who's level 40 something on prestige 2

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yorker, your thoughts were exactly mine at that point, but I didn't realise your first spoiler until much later.
    You can shoot Reznov and your bullets go straight through him, but your other guys all complain about friendly fire. I'm pretty sure he's your imagination too, but I haven't finished yet.

I'm also assuming that the numbers relate to the stages in Vorkuta - each stage is actually just the precursor to a further plot. I'm maybe two-thirds in, though, so this is all guesswork.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some guy is whining on the official forums about how his Steam account got banned. He wasn't cheating apparently, but definitely sounded like he was boosting. Keywords -

'Nuketown'

'Me and some buddies'

'Played for like 50 hours already'

'Prestige 2 Level 30'

All you crazy level fiends need to take it sloowwwwww

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Rumor, though.

I use the one between medium and high right now. I'm finding it hard to turn around quickly enough though so I might try High today. But I'm also using FPS freeks if that makes any difference.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

And does anyone know if anything you do and complete while you have a second person playing online with you AKA your tag(2), if any of that counts? It seems that challenges don't count but I'm not really sure if xp and money do. I know once you make the party each person can level, earn, buy and set up everything individually and it all disappears once you break the party up reverting to your main set ups but does the main account keep it's xp, money and all of that?

From Gamespot

Passwords
    DOA - Activates Dead Ops Arcade
    3ARC INTEL - Unlocks all Intel in the game for viewing
    3ARC UNLOCK - Unlocks Dead Ops Arcade and Presidential Zombie Mode
    ZORK - Unlocks Zork I: The Great Underground Adventure (a text adventure game from 1980) for play in Black Ops
    CAT - It will list all of your audio files and pictures
    WHO - Gives a list of login names for use with the RLOGIN function (but they require a password)
    DIR - Gives a list of audio files and pictures which you can open with the CAT command (e.g. CAT NoteX.txt)
    HELP - Displays a list of system commands in the terminal and Pentagon user e-mail access.

I'm probably going to pick this up tomorrow, at what level is the AUG unlocked ?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why bother with prestige? Since it locks out all your guns and shit....does something really cool happen when you prestige?

I ask because I don't know what you get for "prestiging", and I'm almost level 49.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you can get different emblem stuff and some camos and stuff

for me i just like constantly unlocking shit so i am a prestiger at heart

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I quite enjoy this game! The large PA games are great fun. Think I may start playing it when you guys aren't on too so I can play with green bars!

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do you keep anything when you prestige? Like camo and face paint?

Algertman on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So page 96, did we have any takers on the new thread or should I keep it going?

Also hooray for mizak dominating our server.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    Do you keep anything when you prestige? Like camo and face paint?

you keep your playercard, and that's it

so if you are going to prestige, blow your remaining codbux on layers and stuff like that

undeinPirat on