As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 3: Round Robin

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    P.S. Law, were you ever going to respond to my challenge? I know finals are over by now lol

Laugh, I guess yours take precedence over the one I issued him a couple days ago, then. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    I can play tonight if you'd like. New list and all that jazz.

Would you be free tomorrow during the day?

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    Just to make sure everyone knows, half the codexes in the game got FAQ'd, including some rule changes for most marine dexes, and the Dark Eldar FAQ.

New FAQs

SUCK IT! DA get 2+/3++ Terminators WITH FNP!

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Until 6ish CST. Gmail me if I'm not on or not responding on Vassal. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Lack of Tau changes FTL. Still, this might point to a new Dex soon......

SageofTimes on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    oh god 40k

damn you critical failures for pulling me back in

damn you

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Was around, never saw you. I'll be around tomorrow till 3:30ish CST.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So I want in on this, but my hardcover copy of da core rules is probably way out of date

as well as my space marines/tau/necrons codexes

anyone know where I might be able to find a copy of such things online, even if it's just the basics?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Honestly they should make a "quick start rules" available online, but unfortunately there are not really any rulebooks or codexes(aside from witch hunters) offered for download by GW.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    skarsol wrote: »

Was around, never saw you. I'll be around tomorrow till 3:30ish CST.

Sorry, my weekend got super busy between having to give up my first ferret and housework/job searching. Whenever you're free this week, just let me know.

Extreaminatus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sorry, my weekend got super busy between having to give up my first ferret and housework/job searching. Whenever you're free this week, just let me know.

No worries. I'm currently free nights this week except Friday looks like.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hey sage lets just say you won

Huntzy on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'd like to get a game in this week, I think I have just Huntzy, Halos, Moridin, or Law left to play (excluding Susan until he gets back up and running)

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    I'd like to get a game in this week, I think I have just Huntzy, Halos, Moridin, or Law left to play (excluding Susan until he gets back up and running)

I finally did get my computer back actually; they replaced the LCD, the top cover, the bottom cover, the keyboard, the motherboard, the HDD... I basically got a completely new computer out of this, though I need to head over to a techie-friend's house to get a version of Vista installed on it before I can game once more.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm up for a game Simpsonia, I'm free pretty much all week. Got an exam on Friday but I don't think it'll cause any clashes...

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So Law, you know, after you vs. Moridin (unless I get bored!), just need to get Sharp squared away.

SageofTimes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Huntzy wrote: »
    hey sage lets just say you won
    The champions of the Greater Good, after having an extended tea break w/ the Blood Angels, are disappointed to hear that they have other things they must do (beyond, you know, killing people). Saddened, the Tau and their allies bid the Blood Angels a fond fairwell, and hope that their other massacres go well.

SageofTimes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm up for a game Simpsonia, I'm free pretty much all week. Got an exam on Friday but I don't think it'll cause any clashes...

Alrighty, let's shoot for either Wed ( 8ish CST)?

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I should be free now for a quick game if anyone is around. I have to wrap it up be midnight though.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can play if you want. Don't see Ex around.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Cool, I'll be on in a minute.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sharp and I met in the woods and the dice gods smote him mightily. Game ended after Turn 6 with my last remaining warlock next to a flag and his last remaining marine making a beeline for the table edge. Sharp lost his 2 land speeders at the start of the game and then proceeded to roll 1s like they were going out of style. Was a good game though and came down to a few shots at the end.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I recorded Sharp v Skarsol but almost missed Sage v Huntzy. Again, please report results in a different color so I don't miss them.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'll be around tonight if anyone wants a game.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Alrighty, let's shoot for either Wed ( 8ish CST)?

Any chance of you making it a couple of hours earlier? I pretty sure me Warhammering ability will be hampered if we're starting playing at 2am (GMT).

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmm ok didn't see that time difference. Definitely can't do any earlier on Wed. But may be able to on Thursday. I'll see what my schedule looks like.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can probably get a game going around 3 CST (-6 GMT) Halos, is that early enough for you?

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah that shouldn't be too much of a problem I don't think. Thanks very much.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I'm chilling in Vassal now. I'll go ahead and set up a room.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The unfathomable designs of Lady Luck result in the destruction of the Blood Angels at the hands (and Splinter Cannons) of the Dark Eldar!

Or to be more precise Simpsonia's assaulty deep striking list was dumbfounded my poor rolls throughout the game resulting in an almost total annihilation by turn 5.

The mission was Kill Points in a Pitched Battle deployment set in a wooded table, pretty much the classic 40K scenario. Despite a strong start with all 4 Predators entering the fray on turn 2 misfortune struck Simpsonia's forces when his Assault squad with attached Priest and Librarian fell off the edge of the world during a risky deep strike maneouvre. He was also hampered by his inability to roll higher than a 'Weapon Destroyed' result on the damage table...

And so the game ended on turn 6 at ~8 kill points to 4.

Simpsonia's MVP: The AC/HB Baal Pred which managed to wipe out a squad of scourges and wreck a Ravager.
    My MVP: I guess it's more of a weapon of the match but the humble Splinter Cannon, 3+ saves and FnP are all well and good, but when you've got 20 saves to make you'll need all the luvk you can take.

Despite some rather skewed dice rolling it was a fun game so thanks a lot Simpsonia for that.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Man my luck has been awful for the last 4 games. I think I landed at least 30+ glancing/penetrating shots on Halos's skimmers, and a lot of were saved away, the rest rolled incredibly poorly on the damage chart.

So with that I'm bidding adieu to my old incredibly luck dependent list and switching over to mechanized!
    HQ: 2x Librarians - 200 points

Troops:
    5x Assault Squad; Razorback - 120 points

Fast Attack:
    1x Baal Predator - 115 points

Heavy Support:
    2x Predators - 140 points

Total: 935 Points

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I never posted my new list so here

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyone around for a game?

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hmm I got bored and just finished with a pickup game but don't have anything else to do today I think I can get another game in. You still around?

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I nabbed him for a match, but if afterwards you and I wanted to play we could.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Today Astaroth and a band of scouts investigating the possibility of a detachment of space marines potentially held in thrall by the Black Rage were wiped out, to a man. Astaroth himself was forced to retreat, when he saw the frothing masses charge him. At the end of the day, many bodies littered the ground, but the Blood Angels lost to the thirst still stood, waiting for more to come.

Moridin vs Huntzy

Dawn of War

Annihilation

Outcome: MORIDIN WINS

MVP for Moridin: The dual dreads, who both wiped whole units in a single phase.

MVP for Huntzy: The brave lads of the vanguard vets, who laid down their lives to try and stem the tide of carnage. Or perhaps his Vindicator, whose armor plating laughed off guns and bombs and swords.

Moridin889 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Astaroth was really bad as almost all of moradin's units got red thirst and only 1 of mine

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Blood Angels win over Blood Angels

Simpsonia vs. Moridin

The day was off to a bad start when Moridin showed up wearing the wrong pants, and by that I mean that he hadn't noticed I had changed cores to a mechanized list. I offered to let him change, but he soldiered on. The game was Annihilation and Pitched Battle.

I was quickly hemmed in on both sides by Moridins fast Razorbacks and threatened up front by Vindicators, but quickly took care of those threats. However once his Razorbacks got close, his assault squads, death company and assault cannons did a mean number on my armored core. But in the end he couldn't overcome the early head start I had in kill points, and conceded on turn 5. The final tally was 8-6.

It was an excellent game, and despite Moridin's handicap it was a real nailbiter down to the end.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm around most of today if anyone wants to play.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yay! 2 games recorded!

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png